Manchester United vs Bayern Munich

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty sweet, although I think the one he scored vs Fiorentina was even better.
    Yeah prob, I think they always look better when they go in the top hand corner, in comparison to the bottom hand corner, they always look more spectacular.

    It could be because you can hit the floor going for the bottom hand corner, and it can still go in, but if you go for the top hand corner, there is a high chance it could go over the bar?

    Or maybe its just that a ball looks so much more kick ass hitting the net as its still rising..

  2. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    so.. Wasn't Robbens goal just beautiful, not because it won the tie or anything, I just think it was a well worked and well finished goal.
    when i saw the corner being crossed to him first i fault well this is gunna go miles over the bar or he msises the ball but them when i saw it go in i was like what a goal lol the best goal ive seen in the champions league this season even though that balotelli freekick was pure class too

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    so.. Wasn't Robbens goal just beautiful, not because it won the tie or anything, I just think it was a well worked and well finished goal.
    It was a Class Goal. He is a top notch player. why did madrid ever sell him. He is good enough for them still.

  4. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    It was a Class Goal. He is a top notch player. why did madrid ever sell him. He is good enough for them still.

    dont you mean why did chelsea ever sell him i would love to have him back at the bridge

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    It was a Class Goal. He is a top notch player. why did madrid ever sell him. He is good enough for them still.
    He didn't really 'settle' well in Madrid if I remember. It will be intresting to see if he is still there next season, especially if Ribery goes.

  6. I've scored better goals in my prime, pfft. I taught him how to finish like that.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by j-gibbard View Post
    I've scored better goals in my prime, pfft. I taught him how to finish like that.
    Considering your profile says your 19.. I would love to know when your 'Prime' was!

  8. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    He didn't really 'settle' well in Madrid if I remember. It will be intresting to see if he is still there next season, especially if Ribery goes.
    Does anyone else apart from me have a feeling Real Madrid selling Robben to Bayern may of been an agreement for Real Madrid to have first say on Ribery next season? Had the thought in my head for a while.

  9. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    it's not a bad goal to get beaten by, top class finish. lessons learnt?
    carrick is having a mare of a season and it cost us today, hargreaves cant come back quick enough for europe. gibson was very good today, i admit i more than have my doubts about, but im happy to be proved wrong so far, hope he keeps it up. and who the hell is this nani? a far cry from the one last season, hope he keeps it up till the end of season, and gets a decent run in the world cup, can we could see a real perfromer come next season

    ---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

    ---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Does anyone else apart from me have a feeling Real Madrid selling Robben to Bayern may of been an agreement for Real Madrid to have first say on Ribery next season? Had the thought in my head for a while.
    yeah i though that. but robben is the better of the duo, and dont madrid have enough selfish players as it is? ronaldo and higuain barely pass to each other

  10. atleast Carrick scored against City in CC

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Considering your profile says your 19.. I would love to know when your 'Prime' was!
    Oh it was a very long time ago my friend. Turned down the chance to play for United when I was 9

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Does anyone else apart from me have a feeling Real Madrid selling Robben to Bayern may of been an agreement for Real Madrid to have first say on Ribery next season? Had the thought in my head for a while.
    Personally, I don't see where Ribery would fit in the Real team atm. I think it would be better for him to go to either Chelsea or Man United. Mainly because they both play with wingers, and he is better than the likes of Malouda (who has indeed had a very good season) or Nani (who also has had his good days), but I think overall he is a better player than the two.

    But yes, if I had the choice atm between Ribery and Robben, I would probably go for Robben.

    ---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by j-gibbard View Post
    Oh it was a very long time ago my friend. Turned down the chance to play for United when I was 9
    Doncaster United maybe..

  13. i was released from SOUTHEND united when i was 17 if that makes any difference

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Personally, I don't see where Ribery would fit in the Real team atm. I think it would be better for him to go to either Chelsea or Man United. Mainly because they both play with wingers, and he is better than the likes of Malouda (who has indeed had a very good season) or Nani (who also has had his good days), but I think overall he is a better player than the two.

    But yes, if I had the choice atm between Ribery and Robben, I would probably go for Robben.

    ---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------



    Doncaster United maybe..
    Hahhaha I dont think i'd even get the chance to play for them, shite at footy me!

    I think Ribery will stay where he is. Obviously Van Gaal will want to keep him and Robben. Such a good attacking force.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Personally, I don't see where Ribery would fit in the Real team atm. I think it would be better for him to go to either Chelsea or Man United. Mainly because they both play with wingers, and he is better than the likes of Malouda (who has indeed had a very good season) or Nani (who also has had his good days), but I think overall he is a better player than the two.

    But yes, if I had the choice atm between Ribery and Robben, I would probably go for Robben.

    ---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------



    Doncaster United maybe..
    isn't it Doncaster ROVERS?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by j-gibbard View Post
    Hahhaha I dont think i'd even get the chance to play for them, shite at footy me!

    I think Ribery will stay where he is. Obviously Van Gaal will want to keep him and Robben. Such a good attacking force.
    I think it depends on what happens in the league and the CL for Bayern. If they win the league and get to the final or win the CL, some of the players might want to move on to another challenge. Some might have more reason to stay if they do well in the league and the CL.

    I think it's more about Ribery wanting to stay, over Van Gaal wanting to keep him, because to be honest, who wouldn't want to keep Ribery and Robben together?

    ---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    isn't it Doncaster ROVERS?
    yes. Doncaster United don't exist, hence why he could play for them.

    (in other words, it's late, I am half asleep! gimme a break! )

  17. oh right i see lol i too am also tired and slightly pissed ha

  18. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    oh right i see lol i too am also tired and slightly pissed ha
    Yes, I think on that note I shall retire for the evening.

    or..

    spend the night on fifa trying to recreate that Robben goal..

  19. id suggest go to bed lol

  20. do stay on topic. cheers

  21. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Oh i miss you guys, but if cmh says stay on topic, id do it, hes got some ninja skills

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Billy STFU please. You clearly have no idea about anything. Bayern where the better side for 25minutes in germany and for 35minutes in Manchester now by my maths that is 3/4 of the Tie. He can say what he likes.
    Clearly you are emotional about losing. Next time you disagree with someone's opinion though, remember you're on a forum.

    Go and do something constructive, like learning how to construct sentences properly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Your a moron. Who do you think you are calling anyone an idiot when all you are is a Forum Troll of a little boy. Fergie time. grow a pair balls you sound like a bloody 12yrs old.

    You seem more interested in Utd losing them Spurs winning?
    This makes little sense, but I'll roll with it.

    "Forum Troll of a little boy"? No, ignore that, I won't get into it as we'll be here all night.

    My post is justified as I honestly think he's an idiot. I found his comment ridiculous and my reply indicated that. Oh and let's be honest here... if either of us sounds like they are 12 years old on this forum, then it certainly isn't me.

    I get joy out of both Spurs victories and United losses.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    says a guy who "supports" liverpool AND aston villa AND wolves, i have got a grip mate, im a manc born manchester united fan, whats your excuse? and the way i see it, you need to get a grip and support ONE team...

    back on topic, we was great tonight untill rafeal got sent off, that changed the game!

    and scott... cheers lol
    For crying out loud!!! I follow several teams and so do many active people on the forum. I don't go to every liverpool villa and wolves match chanting every single song. I watch villa and wolves matches on the tv and go the liverpool home games. I quite clearly support Liverpool having been born there and lived there for 17 years.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    So at 29 you would of picked chelsea. No as a kid growing up in the 80s you picked liverpool.

    that makes you look stupid now.

    That just crap.
    FAIL

    I'm 17. I didn't know what a european cup was until I was 7. I had the most memorable night of my life in instabul and no, I don't look stupid. You look stupid with "that just crap" comments.




    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Where not obsessed with you scousers, all you done is post on utd threads. With Manc insults, then where someone says Scouser, You then Say you just obsessed with us.
    United fans are obsessed with us. You'll hear scouse chants nearly every game. The funny thing is though your best player is scouse...

    ---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Danny please. Everyone knows you are trying to look Big and Mature infront of certain people. Everyone Thinks it. I just got the balls to say it.
    I actually laughed out loud there. It sounded like something my 9 year old brother would say after an arguement.



    Hadn't read the 14th page as my browser had been open since earlier on. Seems as though the topic is back on topic, my apoligies!
    Last edited by Tezzz; 08/04/2010 at 11:01 AM.

  24. So.
    It's the following day and the realisation that my team have failed in Europe has really dawned on me.
    I'm glad I have decent 'mature' mates who laid off on the text message slaggings, even though they are liverpool, leeds, spurs and arsenal supporters.

    A mature football fan knows the bitter disappointment you feel, when you invest months of emotion, energy and of course cash, into supporting your club, with the strong belief that you will have a fantastic return at the end of the season and a big smile on your face.

    My advice to an awful lot of the posters on this thread is to unplug your cock waving gene for 20 minutes and read (slowly) over this entire thread.
    Take it all in and imagine you are a complete outsider who knows nothing about You/Him or FM-Base.

    It's a f***ing terrible advertisement for YOU as a person and would certainly discourage any decent knowledgeable football supporter from joining this forum.


    *Controlled Rant Over*
    Last edited by Anthony; 08/04/2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Typo

  25. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Does anyone else apart from me have a feeling Real Madrid selling Robben to Bayern may of been an agreement for Real Madrid to have first say on Ribery next season? Had the thought in my head for a while.
    Said this a while back. 100% agree. But yeah, I agree that we were beaten and probably deservedly so, however it was a good performance from us until the red card where we had to sit back and try and absorb. We have to bounce back vs Blakcburn before we go to City. If we go to City off 4 defeats (although we beat Bayern we lost the tie) or without a win in 4, then they are going to eat us alive with the form they are in now. We have to rip Blackburn apart.

  26. It makes a refreshing change to see four non-English teams in the semi's.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    yeeeeesssssssssssssssss ave that you dirty mancs 3 defeats in a row your a 1 man team deal with it.
    Firstly, "ave that you dirty mancs"? Fucking grow up.
    Secondly, we won 3-2 and went out on away goal so we have not had 3 defeats in a row.
    Lastly, did you even fucking watch the match last night? None of our goals were scored by rooney and he didn't really play a major part in any of them. The best thing about him being there was that it seemed to give the other player a confidence boost that they could go out and beat them.

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyHayes1989 View Post
    A trophy-less season?
    I wouldn't piss on the League Cup
    Me thinks its time for change
    He has built several great teams before, but there are many players that are getting old.
    Rio.Neville.VDS.Scholes.Giggs?


    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Redrup View Post
    Bayern were the better team for 3/4 of the tie, without a doubt.
    It would be nice if you didn't treat your opinion as a fact. In your opinion bayern deserved to go through; In mine they didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by oneflyride View Post
    imo it's clearly ferguson's fault, you don't defend against teams like Bayern, i'm glad the better team qualified , very interesting semis Barca Inter and Bayern Lyon
    What are you even trying to say?

    We went out there to defend? we clearly didn't we had 3 goal and numerous chances within about 40 minutes.

    We shouldn't have sat back in the second half? We had 10 men, we really didn't have much of an option.

    Thought it was a really great performance from the team last night but unfortunately we let in a soft goal before half time and after the red we never had control of the game. Even after the red we defended admirably and it took a piece of magic from robben to score (gayest celebration ever imo).

    Rafael was actually terrific for all the time he was on the pitch he dealt with ribery really well and was great getting forward, unfortunately his inexperience let him down by picking up two rash yellows. Even though for the first one he wouldn't have commited the foul if the blatant foul on him was given with the linesman stood about a yard away. Hopefully he'll learn from this and become a better player.

    Nani is awesome. Really has turned it around. I had pretty much given up on him after trying to defend him for so long but for about the whole of the second half of this season he has been great.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Billy Redrup View Post
    Clearly you are emotional about losing. Next time you disagree with someone's opinion though, remember you're on a forum.

    Go and do something constructive, like learning how to construct sentences properly.




    This makes little sense, but I'll roll with it.

    "Forum Troll of a little boy"? No, ignore that, I won't get into it as we'll be here all night.

    My post is justified as I honestly think he's an idiot. I found his comment ridiculous and my reply indicated that. Oh and let's be honest here... if either of us sounds like they are 12 years old on this forum, then it certainly isn't me.

    I get joy out of both Spurs victories and United losses.

    Oh well on a fucking interent forum i couldnt construct s sentence. Big fucking woop. I got my GCSE in English thank you. I dont need to do it properly on this fucking forum.


    I find all your comments ridiculous does that give me the right to call you an idiot. No you just a pathetic little boy.

    I gone all day. i dont pretend not to be biased, a wind up and a arse to people most of the time. at least i am true to myself. You cant say the same.

  29. God, it doesn't fucking take long for people to take this off topic again.

    Stop acting like mong's and take your argument's to PM's yeah? ty.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    God, it doesn't fucking take long for people to take this off topic again.

    Stop acting like mong's and take your argument's to PM's yeah? ty.
    That wasn't aimed at me, was it?

  31. Tbh it was pretty much aimed at the last.. 10 posts or so.

    It gets boring, fast.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by 19-11-08 View Post
    That wasn't aimed at me, was it?
    No Me.

    It isnt boring. Just dont read it. No one is making you.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    No Me.

    It isnt boring. Just dont read it. No one is making you.
    To be honest, if that was the case, I wouldn't be able to ever read a thread about Man United, or Liverpool, or to be honest, half the thread's on this site.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    To be honest, if that was the case, I wouldn't be able to ever read a thread about Man United, or Liverpool, or to be honest, half the thread's on this site.

    well if it is boring you. dont read it.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Tbh it was pretty much aimed at the last.. 10 posts or so.

    It gets boring, fast.
    Have you read the last ten posts?

    Only scotts and maybe one other were in anyway argumentetive. (sp)

    Lets not get into this whole ot bores you thing. Like scott said, just don't read it. If we break any rules in this convo we will get infractions/ the thread will be closed. No one needs you to tell us that the conversation is boring you.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    well if it is boring you. dont read it.
    I actually quite like reading the discussions people have about games and teams.

    Like last night when obviously you had gone to bed...

    It's just a pitty when thread's that have a good underlying theme get ruined by petty squabbles between people that are hardly relevent to the thread topic.

    Anyway, I am not going to argue with you, because it is honestly like trying to teach a mouse to speak Russian.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Tezzz View Post
    ].




    FAIL

    I'm 17. I didn't know what a european cup was until I was 7. I had the most memorable night of my life in instabul and no, I don't look stupid. You look stupid with "that just crap" comments.






    United fans are obsessed with us. You'll hear scouse chants nearly every game. The funny thing is though your best player is scouse...

    ---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------



    I actually laughed out loud there. It sounded like something my 9 year old brother would say after an arguement.


    Well you Profile say born in 1980, SO who is the big fail.

    The funny thing is you think the liverpool is the centre of the universe. Yes there are scouse songs when we play you, No place else.

    Sorry. Me and Danny had that conversation on MSN, I think i am not the only person. Oh Wait i know i am not the only person. So that is none of your business.

    ---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I actually quite like reading the discussions people have about games and teams.

    Like last night when obviously you had gone to bed...

    It's just a pitty when thread's that have a good underlying theme get ruined by petty squabbles between people that are hardly relevent to the thread topic.

    Anyway, I am not going to argue with you, because it is honestly like trying to teach a mouse to speak Russian.
    What discussion was that. the discussion i read about Doncaster Rovers. as i was online, Or Joe saying CMH will kill us. Or billy then quoting me. So yh great discussion.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    What discussion was that. the discussion i read about Doncaster Rovers. as i was online, Or Joe saying CMH will kill us. Or billy then quoting me. So yh great discussion.
    Or before that, the discussion on Robben's goal? and where we thought Ribery and Robben would be after the summer?

    But, I didn't expect you to read those posts, as you can't really start arguments over nothing over them.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Or before that, the discussion on Robben's goal? and where we thought Ribery and Robben would be after the summer?

    But, I didn't expect you to read those posts, as you can't really start arguments over nothing over them.
    Like the post where i said it was a class goal?

    Wait read it, it is in there.


    POst 403 Dunc. Just incase you missed it. Wasnt it me who said why did madrid ever sell him. Which lead to the discussion about him and ribery.
    Last edited by Scott; 08/04/2010 at 04:30 PM.

  40. Now, this is boring.

    Cut the crap scott and dunc. ¬_¬

  41. JonnyFM09's Avatar JonnyFM09
    Backup
    just to put this foword i am on scotts side

  42. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Like the post where i said it was a class goal?

    Wait read it, it is in there.


    POst 403 Dunc. Just incase you missed it. Wasnt it me who said why did madrid ever sell him. Which lead to the discussion about him and ribery.
    Fair enough.

  43. JonnyFM09's Avatar JonnyFM09
    Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshh View Post
    No, he is playing because Ferguson is a selfish twat who bases his teams around 1 man.
    Last year it was Ronaldo.
    This year it is Rooney.

    Are Scotland in the world cup?
    Thts the whole idea football club dumb ass

  44. Viva Scott! United for life! Screw everybody else.

  45. Quote Originally Posted by qwertystroka View Post
    Viva Scott! United for life! Screw everybody else.

    My brain was thinking that.

  46. Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFM09 View Post
    Thts the whole idea football club dumb ass
    Not really. But that post does just show how fucking idiotic some people are.

    The fact that rooney has had such a great season and is now talked about, by morons,as carrying us really proves that we were not a one man team last year because he has left and we are still doing well.

    And last night there were several players who played a bigger part than rooney in what was barring a few moments of madness/genius/ stupidity a really great performance.
    Last edited by 19-11-08; 08/04/2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Fucking horrendous embarrasing typo

  47. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Oh well on a fucking interent forum i couldnt construct s sentence. Big fucking woop. I got my GCSE in English thank you. I dont need to do it properly on this fucking forum.


    I find all your comments ridiculous does that give me the right to call you an idiot. No you just a pathetic little boy.

    I gone all day. i dont pretend not to be biased, a wind up and a arse to people most of the time. at least i am true to myself. You cant say the same.
    A cat could get a GCSE in English.

    If you find all of my comments ridiculous, then by all means call me an idiot. You'll call me a "pathetic little boy", but don't think you have the "right" to call me an idiot? Laughable. Let's be honest here Scott, you've been one of the worst forum trolls on here for a very long time now. The only reason you are kicking up a stink is because my original post was aimed at United. If it was attacking anyone else, then you wouldn't have an issue and would probably agree with it.

    You're a hypocrite and a fool, and that line about being true to yourself, what were you even getting at? Try and explain yourself rather than just writing for the sake of it.

  48. Quote Originally Posted by Billy Redrup View Post
    A cat could get a GCSE in English.

    If you find all of my comments ridiculous, then by all means call me an idiot. You'll call me a "pathetic little boy", but don't think you have the "right" to call me an idiot? Laughable. Let's be honest here Scott, you've been one of the worst forum trolls on here for a very long time now. The only reason you are kicking up a stink is because my original post was aimed at United. If it was attacking anyone else, then you wouldn't have an issue and would probably agree with it.

    You're a hypocrite and a fool, and that line about being true to yourself, what were you even getting at? Try and explain yourself rather than just writing for the sake of it.

    Good luck to that Cat

    I find You ridiculous and Pathetic, I dont go round calling you an Idiot. The fact you called some-one i consider a mate, an idiot is why i am so hot on this. You dont have the right to call anyone an Idiot. You Dick. I would if had an issue with you calling anyone an idiot. whether it was someone i hated or liked.

    I am a Hypocrite please explain? I am consistent with my bullshit, more then i can say for You. Please explain your self?

    I may be a forum troll. but atleast i admit i try to wind peole up. you do it and are one, but do it all sneak.

    enough from me before i get another infraction

  49. *yawn*

    we was robbed last night, dont care any of you lot say, that red card changed the game when it was never a red card, end off

  50. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    *yawn*

    we was robbed last night, dont care any of you lot say, that red card changed the game when it was never a red card, end off
    Still, considering he knew he was already on a yellow card, he should have known not to give the ref a choice. If he hadn't commited the foul then he wouldn't have had a chance of being sent off.

    But yes I agree, it was a very soft yellow card. He had a good 1st half aswell.

Closed Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO