Like Tree66Likes

Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/4 Final UCL - 6/4/11

1. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Damn im glad Drogba didnt start this game. Great game for us, sorry Chelsea fans, better luck next time. Ps. No one said anything about the ref
    On the subject of the ref i thought he was card happy but to both sides not just one. Not the worst display from a ref i must say.

2. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    They are not Chelsea supporters they are what we call followers or Jonny come latelys. Basicly oh i see Chelsea are doing well now, i might like them for abit. Joke of people and they are a waste of our air we breathe, bring in national selection.
    we've got plently of numptys like that, they were calling about rooney during the west ham game. He then went and smashed a hat trick. Carlo must stay, otherwise i see chelsea just losing ground
    Si, ajt09 and *Paul* like this.

3. *Paul*'s Avatar *Paul*Premium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    Was going to say that someone called it perfectly for VDS to have a blinder. Wasn't sure who it was that said it though and cba to look for the quote..
    Van Der Sar is a top, top keeper, shame he's going to retire at the end of the season. I don't think United should of signed Lindegaard, they should of signed someone younger but more proven/well known, like De Gea to replace VDS.

Quote Originally Posted by markodragojevic View Post
    There is no way you cant love him!Unless you aren't a United fan
    Even I love him. I'm jealous . To think Chelsea spend nearly 10 times more on Torres though...

Great game and a fantastic results for United. Hernandez and VDS were the stars for me. Also, how can you leave out Drogba for a out of form Torres, I just don't get it? Drogba is arguably the best striker in the world, better than Anelka, Torres and Malouda in my opinion.

I hope Ancelotti doesn't get sacked for this, he doesn't deserve it. Just because they have money doesn't mean they will do well, Chelsea need a good manager like him or Mourinho. Look at City under Mancini, they aren't doing that well for the money they spent.
    markodragojevic likes this.

4. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    we've got plently of numptys like that, they were calling about rooney during the west ham game. He then went and smashed a hat trick. Carlo must stay, otherwise i see chelsea just losing ground
    Me too, remember the spell Chelsea went through after we forced Mourinho out the door. It was what 2-3 years until we saw a fully competitive Chelsea side again which saw through 3 different managers at the time.

5. And both of Man Utds goals, once again, Ryan Giggs name is mentioned for crafting them. Jesus that guy never ceases to amaze me
    Si likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    bring in national selection.
    I know it's late, and your angry.. but.. really? lol. National selection huh.. aha

Anyway, unlucky Chelsea. Had a talk with Robson Utting earlier, he said Chelsea remind him of Arsenal a few years back, after winning all that silverware, the invincibles and all that, the squad started ageing and now they haven't won anything in 6 years after most (maybe all) of that team being sold/retired. Chelsea have a fairly old squad, I was surprised to see that the likes of Essien was 29, Malouda is 30, nearly 31, Drogba is 33, Lamps 32. I mean, they really need to address what they are going to do in the future, because, sure, they have some good youth players coming through, but only a few of a quality that should be fit for regular first team football in the next 2-3 years. Considering how many youngsters Arsenal have produced, and to see them not win anything in 6 years, as a Chelsea fan, would that not slightly frighten you, considering the new Fair Play finance rules are coming into play soon.

7. We won you 3 times we won you 3 times we are the best we won you 3 times fuck you chelsea

8. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I know it's late, and your angry.. but.. really? lol. National selection huh.. aha

Anyway, unlucky Chelsea. Had a talk with Robson Utting earlier, he said Chelsea remind him of Arsenal a few years back, after winning all that silverware, the invincibles and all that, the squad started ageing and now they haven't won anything in 6 years after most (maybe all) of that team being sold/retired. Chelsea have a fairly old squad, I was surprised to see that the likes of Essien was 29, Malouda is 30, nearly 31, Drogba is 33, Lamps 32. I mean, they really need to address what they are going to do in the future, because, sure, they have some good youth players coming through, but only a few of a quality that should be fit for regular first team football in the next 2-3 years. Considering how many youngsters Arsenal have produced, and to see them not win anything in 6 years, as a Chelsea fan, would that not slightly frighten you, considering the new Fair Play finance rules are coming into play soon.
    Cant see us going down the same route as Arsenal because we will actually sack our manager if he didnt win anything for 6 years after trying the same phylosiphy year in year out and falling short every time.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoker_num10 View Post
    We won you 3 times we won you 3 times we are the best we won you 3 times fuck you chelsea
    Oh look at this clown.

9. Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoker_num10 View Post
    We won you 3 times we won you 3 times we are the best we won you 3 times fuck you chelsea
    Sigh. This doesn't even make sense?
    Mike., *Paul*, Joss and 5 others like this.

10. And to be honest, maybe Chelsea have been guilty of buying too many quick fixes for problem areas, without taking into account the future

11. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoker_num10 View Post
    cant you just be a gracious winner, always has to be a united fan who makes us look bad.

12. @CJACKO: Your terrible grammar and invention of the word 'unluck' aside, you have made some decent points. However, it seems a little fickle to see Chelsea fans so adamantly calling for Malouda to go when he was arguably the premiership's best player last year. I seem to remember you (correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am) debating with Joss that he had been better than Nasri, and less than 6 months later many fans are calling for his head. If you could get him anywhere near the form he showed at the start of the season then he would be a very valuable asset.

Don't get me wrong, I can be fickle too. I really don't rate Carrick, but he has been outstanding during the last month or so and has actually turned my opinion of him somewhat. It's easy to change heart quickly, but it's too easy to blame individuals for the majority of the team's misgivings

13. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    cant you just be a gracious winner, always has to be a united fan who makes us look bad.
    Cant let someone be very happy at there team winning a big game, always has to be one mililant mod to ruin people celebrating.
    jamescfc likes this.

14. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Me too, remember the spell Chelsea went through after we forced Mourinho out the door. It was what 2-3 years until we saw a fully competitive Chelsea side again which saw through 3 different managers at the time.
    i posted it earlier, but if you're going to play Torres, you got to play yossi. and sign pastore or someone like that in the summer, plus a right winger capable of drillling low crosses in

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Cant let someone be very happy at there team winning a big game, always has to be one mililant mod to ruin people celebrating.
    not when he's acting an idiot, no; and if you dont like you know where to go. No need for him to say fuck you chelsea
    *Paul* likes this.

15. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelledbypassion View Post
    @CJACKO: Your terrible grammar and invention of the word 'unluck' aside, you have made some decent points. However, it seems a little fickle to see Chelsea fans so adamantly calling for Malouda to go when he was arguably the premiership's best player last year. I seem to remember you (correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am) debating with Joss that he had been better than Nasri, and less than 6 months later many fans are calling for his head. If you could get him anywhere near the form he showed at the start of the season then he would be a very valuable asset.

Don't get me wrong, I can be fickle too. I really don't rate Carrick, but he has been outstanding during the last month or so and has actually turned my opinion of him somewhat. It's easy to change heart quickly, but it's too easy to blame individuals for the majority of the team's misgivings
    My grammer has always been poor, im from Portsmouth. I agree last season i said i wouldnt swap any left sided player in the world for Malouda with the form he was on (Messi plays on the right other wise it would be a no brainer). But i have to take into account his Chelsea career on a whole, yes he was sensational last season but that has been it. He cant make a 5 yard pass without giving it away and he just runs into trouble time and time again.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post

not when he's acting an idiot, no; and if you dont like you know where to go. No need for him to say fuck you chelsea

I know where to go..? Alright Mafia boy. Please dont tell me, you where actually stressy by him using the work Fuck... And this is the man who couldnt believe rooney was banned for using the same word. sigh
    jamescfc likes this.

17. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    i posted it earlier, but if you're going to play Torres, you got to play yossi. and sign pastore or someone like that in the summer, plus a right winger capable of drillling low crosses in

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

We havent had a proper right winger since Jesper Grankjaer (count SWP if you want but he hardly played) and thats appauling. I said is Torres was to start today then he needed to start Benayoun aswell, if not then start with Drogba and bring on both Torres and Benayoun at the same time if needed. Pastore would be excellent but its money we cant spent anymore but their is a cheeper option. A lad called Danny Sturridge playing just behind Torres maybe?? Its somthing Godcubed bought up and somthing i bought up to many Chelsea supporters a little while back too.

18. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    I know where to go..? Alright Mafia boy. Please dont tell me, you where actually stressy by him using the work Fuck... And this is the man who couldnt believe rooney was banned for using the same word. sigh
    hes trolling, there are the rules. not hard. Not even comparable to rooney either. dealt with so stick to the topic

19. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    On the subject of the ref i thought he was card happy but to both sides not just one. Not the worst display from a ref i must say.
    Exactly

20. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    hes trolling, there are the rules. not hard. Not even comparable to rooney either. dealt with so stick to the topic

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Does anyone know if Carlo gave a conference and if so, what did he say?
    alicwkd likes this.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

He says United deserved to win

Carlo - United deserved win | Sky Sports | Football | Champions League | News

22. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    My grammer has always been poor, im from Portsmouth. I agree last season i said i wouldnt swap any left sided player in the world for Malouda with the form he was on (Messi plays on the right other wise it would be a no brainer). But i have to take into account his Chelsea career on a whole, yes he was sensational last season but that has been it. He cant make a 5 yard pass without giving it away and he just runs into trouble time and time again.
    I've never really liked Malouda, and it took him a while to settle at Chelsea, but he was brilliant last season and the start of this. It seemed that his form dipped when you had that terrible run, and he hasn't found any since. The same can be said of a number of Chelsea players though. Given his age though, and a number of your players, some serious decisions have to be made about their futures at the club. I' personally offload Malouda and Anelka, and I think Drogba will leave anyway. Lampard can still cover the ground well and is a club legend - he still has a few good years left in him, although he may have to adapt his role as Scholes has done
    CJACKO11 likes this.

23. Quote Originally Posted by fuelledbypassion View Post
    Really? Strongest defence in the league, bought some decent young players in Luiz , Ramires and Torres (he just needs a better system and link player). I think they need to offload a few players (maybe Drogba, Anelka, Kalou) and buy a creative player. Get Sturridge playing regularly too.

Essien hasn't seemed the driving force that he once was, possibly down to the formation and his role in Ancelotti's tactics. The squad just lacks creativity, which begs the question; why didn't Benayoun come on today?

I'd suggest buying a right winger and creative midfielder (someone like Nuri Sahin)
    I agree with you about Chelsea lacking a creative influence. I wouldn't describe any of front 6 that played tonight as particularly creative. I think we all know that Torres should eventually get back into form, and when he does he will be lethal if given the right service.

I also think you have a point about Benayoun. Presumably he didn't come on because he isn't fully fit. Then again it seems strange that he would be on the bench if this were the case. But he knows Torres from his Liverpool days, knows the sort of movement and supply that Torres likes, and has the flair to produce something with a pass or dribble. Something Lampard and Essien cannot do.

As if to prove it, Ryan Giggs claimed 3 assists in the 2 legs. Just goes to show that even though across the piece the two were fairly evenly matched, a creative player is the difference.

In my opinion, the 4-3-3 is the right formation for Chelsea, it suits the team they have. I honestly don't think they need to change much in the summer. If they bring in some younger players, and a quality creative link player, they can challenge next season. I'm not sure Drogba will be around to see it though.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Don't listen to ajt09.

What he actually did, was run up to the conference table, jumped up onto it, and shouted "F*%$ing what?!?...What?!?...F*%$ing Hell!".

He the proceeded to strip to the tune of 'I need a doctor' by Dr Dre.

25. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Don't listen to ajt09.

What he actually did, was run up to the conference table, jumped up onto it, and shouted "F*%$ing what?!?...What?!?...F*%$ing Hell!".

He the proceeded to strip to the tune of 'I need a doctor' by Dr Dre.
    way to build it up, quite disappointed it didnt happen now

Still, ever gracious in defeat, quickly deflected the question whether Drogba should have started though

26. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelledbypassion View Post
    I've never really liked Malouda, and it took him a while to settle at Chelsea, but he was brilliant last season and the start of this. It seemed that his form dipped when you had that terrible run, and he hasn't found any since. The same can be said of a number of Chelsea players though. Given his age though, and a number of your players, some serious decisions have to be made about their futures at the club. I' personally offload Malouda and Anelka, and I think Drogba will leave anyway. Lampard can still cover the ground well and is a club legend - he still has a few good years left in him, although he may have to adapt his role as Scholes has done
    Yer i think Lampard is the only dead cert of the players you mentioned that will be here next season. Im still tempted to say that Drogba can recover his good form and has sufferd with illness this season. But if he stays then what does it mean for Torres. Chelsea and whoever is the manager in the summer have some big decisions to make about the club.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

way to build it up, quite disappointed it didnt happen now

Still, ever gracious in defeat, quickly deflected the question whether Drogba should have started though
    I think one thing we can all agree on is that Ancelotti has got to be the most gracious top flight manager around at the moment.

27. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    Yer i think Lampard is the only dead cert of the players you mentioned that will be here next season. Im still tempted to say that Drogba can recover his good form and has sufferd with illness this season. But if he stays then what does it mean for Torres. Chelsea and whoever is the manager in the summer have some big decisions to make about the club.
    How many years do you think Terry will have then? He and Lampard imo are the inspiration for the team. If they were both injured, the team (imo) will be pretty screwed, and they are real tough to replace. And definately agree on Ancelotti. Absolute gent. And sadly, that could be his downfall at Chelsea

28. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    How many years do you think Terry will have then? He and Lampard imo are the inspiration for the team. If they were both injured, the team (imo) will be pretty screwed, and they are real tough to replace
    I think Terry will be a Chelsea player until he is possibly 33 or even older maybe. With Luiz in the side now our defence is pretty much sorted for the next 5-8years if need be. But yer i take your point they are the inspiration but from what i know Drogba is more vocal in and around the training ground etc and even on the pitch so hes form has been a huge loss too, thats why maybe we shouldnt get rid of him just yet. Hes goal today was vintage Drogba, maybe their is life in the old Drog yet.

29. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    I think Terry will be a Chelsea player until he is possibly 33 or even older maybe. With Luiz in the side now our defence is pretty much sorted for the next 5-8years if need be. But yer i take your point they are the inspiration but from what i know Drogba is more vocal in and around the training ground etc and even on the pitch so hes form has been a huge loss too, thats why maybe we shouldnt get rid of him just yet. Hes goal today was vintage Drogba, maybe their is life in the old Drog yet.
    If Drogba finishes the season this strongly, its gonna leave a real headache for Carlo come the summer

30. I think CJACKO must have been given sense for Christmas, no idea where it's come from!

31. i hope drogba does leave as he always bloody scores against us lol
    Last edited by Calum; 13/04/2011 at 12:26 AM.

32. Is it possible there's a possibility of a Schevchenko (pardon spelling) situation here? Ancelotti suggested he wouldn't be scared to drop him, but the board desperately want Torres to play in place of Drogba, when potentially, he's not totally adjusted yet? He has shown some of the Torres of old, but it there is a chance that Roman is desperate for Torres to show his worth too early

33. Chaz SexingtonPremium Member
    Premium Member
    I personally don't think it's got much to do with Torres' form. It's the supply. Chelsea are used to sending it straight to Drogba, whereas with Torres you need the through ball. Completely different kind of supply, so it's not that strange he hasn't done well.
    GodCubed and curtis290 like this.

34. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    If Drogba finishes the season this strongly, its gonna leave a real headache for Carlo come the summer
    It will indeed, Well Carlo or whoever else is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    I think CJACKO must have been given sense for Christmas, no idea where it's come from!
    Lol i have always spoken like this, but last year there wasent nothing bad to say about Chelsea because we were brilliant. If Chelsea have problems i will admit them.

Is it possible there's a possibility of a Schevchenko (pardon spelling) situation here? Ancelotti suggested he wouldn't be scared to drop him, but the board desperately want Torres to play in place of Drogba, when potentially, he's not totally adjusted yet? He has shown some of the Torres of old, but it there is a chance that Roman is desperate for Torres to show his worth too early
    Well from what i know and have seen the board went to Carlo and asked him if he would like both Luiz and Torres and he said he wanted them both if possible and why wouldnt he. He has dropped Torres on quite a few occasions and i dont think Roman is as bad as people make him out to be. Everytime people question his loyalty to Chelsea he pulls somthing out the bag, i think because he is Russian and will sack managers is results are not good then people assume he picks the side.

35. Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Sexington View Post
    I personally don't think it's got much to do with Torres' form. It's the supply. Chelsea are used to sending it straight to Drogba, whereas with Torres you need the through ball. Completely different kind of supply, so it's not that strange he hasn't done well.
    Don't get me wrong, totally agree with the supply situation-that'll be sorted. It just may be the case in some games, that a "higher profile" player may be preferred, against Ancelotti's own opinion. Personally, I don't think Torres has been that bad tbh. Drogba showed in the second half, why he may have been a better choice as starter, then Torres later on.

@CJACKO I''ve nothing against Roman myself, after all, he's ploughed so much of his own money into the club, he deserves the success he's brought to the club. But as mentioned before many times, he should stick with Carlo, and just avoid the old knee-jerk reaction that's all, as I know he'd love nothing more than to win the Champions League, and who wouldn't? He's got the right man for the job as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by ajt09; 13/04/2011 at 12:31 AM.

36. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Sexington View Post
    Thats exacly what i said before the game.

37. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Don't get me wrong, totally agree with the supply situation-that'll be sorted. It just may be the case in some games, that a "higher profile" player may be preferred, against Ancelotti's own opinion. Personally, I don't think Torres has been that bad tbh. Drogba showed in the second half, why he may have been a better choice as starter, then Torres later on
    yeah have a double switch of Torres/Yossi on, that would have caused all sorts of problems

38. Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Sexington View Post
    ^What he said, completely. I did an article about this a while ago. In his Liverpool heyday, Torres got exactly that kind of supply and thrived on it.

39. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Is it possible there's a possibility of a Schevchenko (pardon spelling) situation here? Ancelotti suggested he wouldn't be scared to drop him, but the board desperately want Torres to play in place of Drogba, when potentially, he's not totally adjusted yet? He has shown some of the Torres of old, but it there is a chance that Roman is desperate for Torres to show his worth too early
    Roman wants Torres to play so badly because he doesn't want to have wasted £50 million on him. It is totally different with Torres as it was actually Ancelotti's signing not Roman's, whereas Shevchenko was signed by Roman because they are good friends and it didn't have anything to do with Mourinho. I love what Abramovich has done with Chelsea but he needs to take a step back and give Ancelotti three years (at least) in charge and letting him sign the players he wants, but most importantly letting Carlo know that his job is safe.

40. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    ^What he said, completely. I did an article about this a while ago. In his Liverpool heyday, Torres got exactly that kind of supply and thrived on it.
    throughballs, and flashed crosses for his superior off the ball movement, gets nothing like that now, chelsea dont really have the players there

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea: Five things we learned
    Nemanja Vidic has no inferiority complex against Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba has every right to feel aggrieved

Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea: Five things we learned | Daniel Taylor | Football | The Guardian

1 Vidic does not have an inferiority complex against Torres

Perhaps it is time to consign this fallacy to the dustbin of history. Fernando Torres can certainly lay claim to having subjected Nemanja Vidic to one of the more harrowing ordeals of his time as a United player, but that 4-1 defeat at home to Liverpool was over two years ago now. It was only once, and yet the sense has developed that Vidic is almost frightened of the Spaniard. In truth, it is as much a myth as saying that Frank Lampard is fat. Torres has now gone 11 hours and 33 minutes without scoring for Chelsea since joining for £50m and, even though he lasted only the first half, he gave the impression in that time that he would not score in a month of Sundays. It is not just goals that are missing – it is the dangerous sharpness of old, the sureness of touch where it matters in the penalty area. The only thing that was missing was for Vidic to take his opponent's jersey as a souvenir, perhaps to mount on his wall like the head of some felled big game.

2 Drogba has every right to feel aggrieved

Didier Drogba's form has hardly been exhilarating this season, and nobody can say for certain that the outcome would have been different if the Ivorian striker had been chosen instead of Torres. Yet what we can be sure about is that his presence in the second half gave Chelsea a more penetrative edge and immediately posed new questions of the United defence. Carlo Ancelotti got this one badly wrong and, for the Chelsea manager, there could be serious ramifications.

3 Ferdinand – tremendous defender, average actor

For a while it looked as though Rio Ferdinand would be back in the dressing room before he had barely a scuff of mud on his shorts. He started grimacing after nine minutes and it was clear that he was struggling to continue. In the circumstances, Ferdinand did well to last the 90 minutes. He gritted his teeth, avoided eye contact with the United dugout and put on the pretence that all was OK. Afterwards Sir Alex Ferguson reported that Ferdinand had taken a bang rather than suffering a recurrence of his calf injury but here is the issue for United: can they get him fit for a decent run of games? He is a brilliantly accomplished defender but has played only 29 of their past 79 Premier League games.

4 Lampard is suffering from a severe case of sixes and sevens

He never stops, his attitude is impeccable, he always wants the ball. Yet Frank Lampard looks like a man who is discovering, a couple of months short of his 33rd birthday, that he no longer quite has the legs to be the driving, box‑to-box player of old. This is not to say he played badly. Yet the man Ferguson once described as "a freak" because of the way he never misses games has lost four months of this season to a recurring groin injury and these things can take their toll for a footballer of his years. Lampard, for now at least, has gone from being a player who was routinely marked at eight or nine out of 10 to one who has dropped to the sixes and sevens.

5 Little Pea, little fee

Javier Hernández cost United £6m when he signed from Chivas de Guadalajara. Chicharito has now scored 18 goals in 20 starts with a further 17 substitute appearances and is endearing himself to Old Trafford in a way that means Dimitar Berbatov, the Premier League's leading scorer, is left out of United's European matches as a matter of routine. In terms of value for money, Hernández already looks assured of joining Peter Schmeichel, Eric Cantona, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer et al as one of the best signings Ferguson has ever made.

41. Absolutely buzzing! Great performance from the team and surprisingly good atmosphere tonight.

Think we deserved the game over the 2 legs and we did seem in control.

Chelsea did start the better team tonight but after that initial period of pressure they didn't really threaten us untill the goal (great finish)

Ryan Giggs - Is this guy on steroids? Simply outstanding, can't believe he is 37, unbelievable. Best player to play for United in my honest opinion. Not much more to say about the man, just truly fucking unbelievable.

Park - Outstanding today, when he plays you know you will get a shift from him and that is why he is loved. He will run all day long and put 100% in for the team. Amazing <3

Hernandez - Amazing - always seems to be in the right place at the right time. I think most of us United fans thought that Chicharito would have a small part to play this season and over the years would get his chance but 17 goals first season is just unbelieveable. 6 million he costs and for him to be keeping Berbatov who is the top goal scorer in the league out of the side shows what a great player he is. Rooney and Chicharito combination is just amazing and hope to carry on seeing it for years to come. Some United fans saying Hernandez one of SAF's best signings ever which is saying something.

Vididc - Absolute tank. Beast of a man. Solid once again today - Didn't look troubled the whole match and think he has put the Torres problem behind him.

Could have a word about all players, everyone played there part. Rooney seems to be back to his best in that number 10 role and with Hernandez up front it seems to work wonders. Ferdinand battled through what seemed to be an early injury. Still a great defender, need him to play as many games as possible. VDS, 40 years old and still playing at the top level. Amazing, 1 more season please Edwin.

Don't really understand why Torres started over Drogba tonight. Quite clear Torres is still settling in and he should be given time, but when you have one of the best in the world who is proven and fits into your system perfectly I don't need to see why changes need to be made. It is obvious Torres is a great player, he just needs time.

Seen some people saying Chelsea need to have a clearout and they have an ageing squad. Completely disagree, can understand one or two players may need to leave but they have a quality squad, even at the start of the season everyone was saying they were going to walk the league after the start they had. Same squad (Plus Torres and Luiz who only add strength to it), obviously a quality team who is capable of challenging on every level. Chelsea fans need not to worry about Lampard and other players ageing. Think some of the United players VDS, Scholes and Giggs as well as other names across Europe such as Raul have shown you can still ooze quality at 35+. That experience combined with some of the exciting prospects coming through shows to me that drastic changes at Chelsea don't have to be made. If Ancelotti was sacked who would Chelsea bring in? Can't think of many better names out there, Roman needs to give his managers some time.

Anyway, what a great result for United. Bring on Schalke (Or Inter),hopefully will get another away trip and can't wait.

42. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member

• Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    SAF greatest ever.
    Awesome..

Vidic having torrid time against Torres is just bs. Torres has played 10 games against United, scored 3 goals. It is so funny how people think Vida fears Torres.

Haven't seen the full game but excited about the result.

43. May I add that torres is probably in the worst form he's ever been in, so don't think Vidic is the best defender to have walked the planet because Torres didn't get the better of him last night, and this is coming from a bitter liverpool fan.

When drogba scored last night I was thinking "yes! what a 15 minutes this will be!".... Screw you park! Well done to united, I still think Barca are winning this tournament though.

Oh, and chelsea should be used to playing with 10 men. They've been doing it since January. *hides*

44. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezzz View Post
    May I add that torres is probably in the worst form he's ever been in, so don't think Vidic is the best defender to have walked the planet because Torres didn't get the better of him last night, and this is coming from a bitter liverpool fan.

When drogba scored last night I was thinking "yes! what a 15 minutes this will be!".... Screw you park! Well done to united, I still think Barca are winning this tournament though.

Oh, and chelsea should be used to playing with 10 men. They've been doing it since January. *hides*
    Sigh no one said that about Vidic, so not sure where you've brought that in, probably should read the thread first.
    Last edited by Mike.; 15/04/2011 at 04:17 AM.

45. Struggling to read what you've put in a sentence there, but I'm pretty sure you've tried to say that no one has said anything about vidic..

I was referring to your response 4 or 5 posts ago.

46. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezzz View Post
    Struggling to read what you've put in a sentence there, but I'm pretty sure you've tried to say that no one has said anything about vidic..

I was referring to your response 4 or 5 posts ago.
    you should get your eyes checked,since its not my response; its an article from the guardian, and nowhere does it call him best defender to have walked the planet

Closed Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO