View Poll Results: What style do you like best?

Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • Four curved edges with country flags

4 28.57%
  • Two curved Edges with country flags

4 28.57%
  • Four curved edges with club colours

3 21.43%
  • Two curved Edges with club colours

3 21.43%

WIP Logo Style

1. WIP Logo Style

I have just put a poll up. Which mix of styles do you think will look the best?
    I have only done these two styles for reference, but you can imagine the other two possibilities (Four round edges with club colours/two round edges with country flag).

Four curved edges with country flags

Two curved edges with club colours

These ones will obviously take much longer to make since I have to make the backing for each club, where as with the flags, it is obviously the same for that whole country.

Comments? Criticism? Should I start making some league packs?

I was going for a sort of embroidered look.
    Last edited by Tharros; 23/01/2011 at 11:43 AM.

2. oneunited's Avatar oneunited
    Modern Day Legend
    looks alright

3. Quote Originally Posted by oneunited View Post
    looks alright
    Thank you for you in-depth comment

4. They are different, but I quite like them. What do they look like when they are smaller?

5. I was going for different. I did not want to make another cliche set of glossy logos
    The size they will appear in game depends on the skin you are using and then the game resizes them. The ones in the OP are 180x180. These are 100x100:

Last edited by Tharros; 21/01/2011 at 04:20 PM.

6. I dont use these things but they look good to me, Id probably prefer a smooth version (as in without the wrincles)

7. Quote Originally Posted by joe157 View Post
    I dont use these things but they look good to me, Id probably prefer a smooth version (as in without the wrincles)
    So you don't like the wrinkles in the flags in the background? Or the texture on the club logos? I can always reduce the effect.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tharros View Post
    So you don't like the wrinkles in the flags in the background? Or the texture on the club logos? I can always reduce the effect.

Mainly the wrincles mate, I just prefer a crisp effect. They do look nice, just my preference really

9. Quote Originally Posted by joe157 View Post
    Mainly the wrincles mate, I just prefer a crisp effect. They do look nice, just my preference really
    So like this?

10. Looks good, is it possible to make the background flag bit shiny?

11. They look quite good mate i usually like logos with flags in the back so when are you putting up the download

12. Quote Originally Posted by joe157 View Post
    Looks good, is it possible to make the background flag bit shiny?
    IDK if that is the effect I'm going for. The idea was an embroidered kind of look on a flag. There are enough shiny logos around already
    I will play with it though. See if I find something I like

I think I will keep the wrinkles, I will just make it less obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Legendary View Post
    They look quite good mate i usually like logos with flags in the back so when are you putting up the download
    It just an Idea ATM. If it looks like there is going to be enough interest, I will make them
    Last edited by Tharros; 21/01/2011 at 04:42 PM.

13. Nice work Tharros, I really like the ones in the Op with the wrinkles.(sorry Joe)

14. Quote Originally Posted by broxi713 View Post
    Nice work Tharros, I really like the ones in the Op with the wrinkles.(sorry Joe)

Yeah to be fair I think prefer with wrincles after seeing both! haha

15. Well, I might start making the English logos tomorrow (if I have time), and I will see how it goes from there.

16. i would download em mate look very good

17. Looks good, but how do they work at icon size? Could imagine it gets a bit hard to distinguish between them when so small.

18. Well, the smallest ones (that aren't used in league tables) are 70x70 in the default SI skins, and the ones in post 5 are 100x100, so that should give you an idea. They look fine to me in game. I'm still tweaking though.

19. I think it would be nice to see a waving flag in the background with the clubs logo over laid? I think that would give better effect than the 'sandpaper' tecture currently used.

20. Quote Originally Posted by BlackSamba View Post
    I think it would be nice to see a waving flag in the background with the clubs logo over laid? I think that would give better effect than the 'sandpaper' tecture currently used.
    I don't think the game allows logos to be animated. Even if it did, I wouldn't know how to do it
    Last edited by Tharros; 21/01/2011 at 07:14 PM.

21. hellroker's Avatar hellroker
    Modern Day Legend
    They look nice, worth a go

22. Quote Originally Posted by hellroker View Post
    They look nice, worth a go
    Thanks.

I'm toying with the idea of only rounding two of the edges - like the top left and bottom right and leaving the other two square. I think that would look quite good.

But, I'm off to bed (it is 2AM here)

23. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    I like the crests, but not so much the flags behind them.

Have you used another set of crests and just added the flags behind them, or have you created the crests and flags?

24. Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    I like the crests, but not so much the flags behind them.

Have you used another set of crests and just added the flags behind them, or have you created the crests and flags?
    I like the flags. It is what makes them unique - on FM base anyway. There may be logos somewhat like these on other sites.

No, I did not make the crests. They are the original/official club logos with various effects ect. As for the flags, they are the real countries flags and I'm just using a mask to only show what I want, with a texture overlay to give the crinkled look.

Edit: Also I'm thinking of using the clubs kit colors in the background instead of the country flag - like in the CF'11 logos. I don't know what is happening with them TBH. The author has gone AWOL.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

OK, I just put a poll up. Which mix of styles do you think will look the best?
    Last edited by Tharros; 21/01/2011 at 09:24 PM.

25. AussieOchoa's Avatar AussieOchoa
    Star Player
    Four Curves with Club Colours

26. These look terrific, i will defintlety use them...

27. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    I prefer the club colour ones, I don't think the country flags work for all teams! The United logo works well with the England flag but imo the Inter Milan logo looks odd on the Italian flag! Top work though!
    Last edited by Luke Phillips; 23/01/2011 at 06:48 PM.

28. Thanks guys. Obviously my preference is toward the flags since they are easier to mass produce.

But if I had enough help the club colours would be viable.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:54 AM ----------

Well I have been working on these, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting the smaller logos to look good in game (the ones on the league tables ect.). I think I will go with the flags simply because they are easier to make. But I will keep trying different things. Otherwise, I may try to come up with a different style.

29. Are you going to make these?

30. If u need help can i help u with the nordic top leagues

31. Quote Originally Posted by *JK* View Post
    Are you going to make these?
    I don't think so. I just can't get enough detail on the small logos (league table ect.) so they look a bit odd. And I don't really have the time right now. If someone else wants the .psd I will upload it.

32. I want

33. Cool !!!

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO