The West Ham United Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. The West Ham United Thread

The home of the Hammers!

I am a West Ham season ticket holder who wants some good discussion about our club.

Post your frustrations!
    Post transfer gossip!
    Post your general view on our club!
    Tactics!
    Players!
    Transfer In's and Out's

All discussion about West Ham is wanted HERE!

TO KICK OFF! What is everyones opinion on new signing Andy Carroll?

2. I have always liked West Ham, dont support them though!

I think now that he is numero uno and has a little less expectations on his head he will perform.. might work well with a few strikers there as well!

The only problem about Carrol is that he is a p_$$y! He is like 7foot and decent in the air, however, he never challenges for the ball, never throws his body around like a good old TM should and is shit scared to challenge defenders in the air...

That is his strengths and he needs to understand that and develop his game to promote this..

3. IMO Andy Carroll is a better player than Carlton Cole, he has better strength, decent finisher and better in the air but i do like Carlton so im hoping CC looks at Andy and it pushes him on to play a lot better, either way a good bit of business! COYI

I think Nolan will be able to sort Carrolls head out aswell and get him back to what he does best

5. I agree with all your points. I just think that Carlton Cole is not good enough for the Premier League and that the Championship is his level. its a shame because he has been loyal to us and seems a top bloke.

Allardyce has clearly seen that Cole isnt good enough and wont socre us double figures this season, so he has gone out and bought Carroll which fits his system and will score goals and potentially keep us up.

However, I really dont like his system and wish we could have someone who got the ball on the floor and showed a little more enthusiasm e.g. Di Canio in a couple of years.

Finally, I think its a big shame that Maynard has been sold to Crdiff. I really rate him and think he is a deasly poacher and will score you goals if he was played but because he doesnt fit the system (because he isnt 6ft 3 +) means that he had to be sold. Best of luck to Nicky.

6. mccollio09's Avatar mccollio09
    Liverpool Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    I have always liked West Ham, dont support them though!

I think now that he is numero uno and has a little less expectations on his head he will perform.. might work well with a few strikers there as well!

The only problem about Carrol is that he is a p_$$y! He is like 7foot and decent in the air, however, he never challenges for the ball, never throws his body around like a good old TM should and is shit scared to challenge defenders in the air...

That is his strengths and he needs to understand that and develop his game to promote this..
    For 3/4s of last season I agree with you, but for the final quarter and especially playing for England and in the cups he really picked up his game in this particular area, bullying defenders constantly and winning virtually every header.

As a Liverpool fan and speaking on behalf of the majority of our supporters, we feel that it's Rodgers first mistake as our manager. He could have definitely had a future with us but Rodgers just doesn't see him fitting his style.

I can see him being a big, big success under Allardyce's 'style' of football. He'll definitely keep you lot up.

7. One of my favourite English clubs, never liked Millwall.

Wonder if Carroll will improve with the hammers.

8. I think that's a bit harsh on Cole, he's no Messi that's for sure but he's a decent target man and he has scored double figures in previous seasons, and he probably fits in well in Big Sam's system. That said, Carroll has the potential to be a lot better so he'll probably get the nod ahead of Cole, but you do have two decent forwards if you ask me.

Also, I have a bit of a soft spot for West Ham for having to stand such cunts as owners, although it does seem like they're more commited to the club right now.

@mccollio - It's not a mistake by Rodgers, you just can't fit a square peg into a round hole.
    Last edited by Athe~; 31/08/2012 at 03:13 PM.

9. What about the return of Yossi? Personally, I am happy with this signing.

10. YESSSS!!!! We have a West Ham Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast