Poll: is rooney the best striker in world football today

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

is rooney the best striker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

1. kris boyd? do me a favour!

2. THFC4LIFE's Avatar THFC4LIFE
    Backup
    Just clicked on what he said as well.....Kris Boyd.....LAUGH OUT FRICKIN LOUD!!!!!

If he played in the premiership he would'nt score more than David Nugent!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by THFC4LIFE View Post
    Just clicked on what he said as well.....Kris Boyd.....LAUGH OUT FRICKIN LOUD!!!!!

If he played in the premiership he would'nt score more than David Nugent!!
    The amount of sense that comes out of this guys mouth, someone give him a medal!

Wayne Roonney is the best PLAYER in the world right now end off!

4. THFC4LIFE's Avatar THFC4LIFE
    Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    The amount of sense that comes out of this guys mouth, someone give him a medal!

Wayne Roonney is the best PLAYER in the world right now end off!
    -Subject now officially CLOSED-

5. Quote Originally Posted by ianhall65 View Post
    is wayne rooney the best striker in the world today
    Today, yes. Atm, he is on fire, but he'll only be the permanent best if he can keep it up... No pressure

6. Quote Originally Posted by christophermcl View Post
    No pressure
    To be fair, Rooney doesn't know what pressure is.

7. On current form yes. If he does this through into the World Cup then he will get even better accolades.

8. Jeeeez this is why i hate Man Utd fans over opinionated and chat bucket loads of shite apologies to the utd fans who talk sense and are objective your just out numbered 10 to 1 by retards

Anyways we all now how good Rooney is its been said too many times on this thread that he's the best in the world at the moment. Only the bitter Arsenal fan won't accept that. All the other arguments are null and void in this thread. However while im here at this moment. Drogba is just as good a striker as Rooney but very different types of striker, same as Torres and David villa even Zlaten Ibrahimivic and Etoo to an extent. We could analyse stats all day but there all WORLD class strikers playing at the same level of football week in week out.

Stop making points for the sake of getting a response some of the stuff said in this thread is pure nonsense take of the red blinkers or whatever team you ass rim at night and start being objective. Were not here comparing Darren Flecther to Pele then u can say Pele is 10 times the player then Flecther.

Anyways rant over.

9. Quote Originally Posted by sefiruso View Post
    Jeeeez this is why i hate Man Utd fans over opinionated and chat bucket loads of shite apologies to the utd fans who talk sense and are objective your just out numbered 10 to 1 by retards

Anyways we all now how good Rooney is its been said too many times on this thread that he's the best in the world at the moment. Only the bitter Arsenal fan won't accept that.
    I'm a Arsenal fan and said Rooney is the best currently Ive said it somewhere on the first page. I just hate people who says things like "Rooney is 100 times better than van persie?" Biggest pile of shit ive ever heard!.

10. Oscar "Tacuara" Cardozo, the best

11. Quote Originally Posted by Gatid View Post
    I'm a Arsenal fan and said Rooney is the best currently Ive said it somewhere on the first page. I just hate people who says things like "Rooney is 100 times better than van persie?" Biggest pile of shit ive ever heard!.
    I think he is referring to the bitter arsenal fan royjonesjnr.

12. Atm yeah. England are relying on him for the world cup, just hope he can handle the pressure.

13. Yeah sorry just the one Arsenal fan not all of you

14. Sick of people saying if Drogba wasn't injured blah blah. Rooney has had 2 fractured foots and 1 broken foot. He has had multiple groin strains and slight hamstrings. He had his fair share of injuries if not more then Drogba.

15. he's playing good this season, doesn't mean he is the best... was he this good last year? i dont think so? he is actually better version of kuyt, but real strikers are more likely torres, drogba, eto etc...

16. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana58 View Post
    he's playing good this season, doesn't mean he is the best... was he this good last year? i dont think so? he is actually better version of kuyt, but real strikers are more likely torres, drogba, eto etc...
    hes always had good seasons, this is his best season, and its the first season has been played a true centre forward.

to say hes a better version of kuyt is either showing a lack of footballing knowledge, or you're just deliberately on a wind up. firstly forwards like rooney, van persie aguero etc, are differnent types of forwards to torres drogba eto'o. the former the latter are finishers, they create a bit, but first are foremost they are goalscorers, while the former are more selfless in their play, they are more creative, and they generally tend to bebetter all round footballers.
    last season he played wide left last season and still got 20 goals, either you watched him play so you should know this or you didnt watch him, in which case how can you make that argument without knowing all the facts?

secondly right now he leads the european golden boot standings, he is one of the inform forwards in the world, and one of the inform players in the world

17. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    then please do fill free to add me on msn or what ever so we can continue this argument. i stand by what i say, Rooney is much much better thanb RVP. i dont care if Scott doesn't agree if im totally honest, i wont loss any sleep over it tonight.

Add me then [email protected]

and i tell you all night how wrong you are and i wont mind back on offending you.

18. You can't say if he's the best or not, but he is most likely the hottest on at the moment

19. Quote Originally Posted by nirvana58 View Post
    he's playing good this season, doesn't mean he is the best... was he this good last year? i dont think so? he is actually better version of kuyt, but real strikers are more likely torres, drogba, eto etc...
    This is a truly shocking post. You have no idea what you are talking about.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    This is a truly shocking post. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    I Concur

21. MarcLUFC's Avatar MarcLUFC
    First Team
    close call between Wayne and Drogba... i think Drogba edges it on physicality.

22. Quote Originally Posted by nirvana58 View Post
    what a fail. kuyt could only dream of doing this:

YouTube- FA Cup: Rooney's 2nd Goal Against Portsmouth AWESOME

23. He's the best striker this year.. If only Torres was fit more :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    what a fail. kuyt could only dream of doing this:

YouTube- FA Cup: Rooney's 2nd Goal Against Portsmouth AWESOME
    Kuyt can do this

YouTube- KUYT AMAZING GOAL FIFA 09

The worse part is... It's still a rubbish goal

24. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Add me then [email protected]

and i tell you all night how wrong you are and i wont mind back on offending you.
    shut up tool

25. stop the arguing now please. any more and there will be infractions

26. dam right he is!!! in a nutshell theres only one Wayne Rooney and every team in the world is gutted, except Utd coz heres ours!!!! so piss off Barcelona and Real you aint having him.......Ever!!!!!! lol

27. Quote Originally Posted by steve-okenobi View Post
    dam right he is!!! in a nutshell theres only one Wayne Rooney and every team in the world is gutted, except Utd coz heres ours!!!! so piss off Barcelona and Real you aint having him.......Ever!!!!!! lol
    woop woop! well said sir. everyone would have him in there team and is gutted because he is a united player for life.

28. Did I just see someone compare Wayne Rooney to Dirk Kuyt

29. Indeed

30. I've seen threads get closed for far less than the shit floating around this one. Any more and the entire forum will start smelling like an outhouse on a building site.

Either way, Rooney is definitely the best player in the league at the moment, and possibly the best player in the world at the moment.

That's practically it. Oh, and he isn't 100 times better than Robin van Persie; that statement was moronic.

/Thread

31. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    billy summed it up perfectly, shouldnt we just have this thread closed, before any more arguments turn up and end in slanging matches?

32. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    shut up tool
    Tool, after what you have said in this thread.

33. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    not really bothered, was just expressing my views. afterall, thats what this thread is for is it not? regardless whether you agree with it or not.

34. Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    stop the arguing now please. any more and there will be infractions
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    not really bothered, was just expressing my views. afterall, thats what this thread is for is it not? regardless whether you agree with it or not.
    im not in a friendly enough mood to have to repeat myself guys
    Last edited by Jake; 13/03/2010 at 01:02 AM.

35. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    Well the thread isn't really for that. "it's more of how good Wayne Rooney is" so both stop going off topic. and if you want to continue it, i believe Scott posted his MSN address on the thread.

Thread Closed?

36. Robbie Fowler

37. on topic! yes got to be, the form his in is increadable when ronaldo left money was spent on other players to fill the void but its been rooney thats been the one imo! im just glad hes english!!
    still hate united !

38. iNickStuff's Avatar iNickStuffPremium Member
    • Man Utd (2011-2031):

x14 Barclays Premier League titles
      x13 FA Community Shields
      x12 FA Cups
      x11 UEFA Champions League titles
      x10 League Cups

England (2018-2022):

x1 UEFA European Championship
      x1 FIFA World Cup
      x1 FIFA Confederations Cup
    Considering his options
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNER500 View Post
    on topic! yes got to be, the form his in is increadable when ronaldo left money was spent on other players to fill the void but its been rooney thats been the one imo! im just glad hes english!!
    still hate united !
    Don't you think we hate you as well?

39. After Mr.Torres' performance today arguably he isn't. Both are great strikers, but for me Torres has shown he is capable of doing season after season, and if it wasn't for his injury problems then I would take him over Rooney. Torres is better at the moment, but give a few years Rooney will be the best in the world.

40. ianhall65's Avatar ianhall65Premium Member
    • Glasgow Rangers Managers
      Wilton (1899–1920) · Struth (1920–1954) · Symon (1954–1967) · White (1967–1969) · Waddell (1969–1972) · Wallace (1972–1978) · Greig (1978–1983) · Wallace (1983–1986) · Souness (1986–1991) · Smith (1991–1998) · Advocaat (1998–2001) · McLeish (2001–2006) · Le Guen (2006–2007) · Smith (2007–)
      We Welcome The Chase
    Fake Mod
    in a few years i think Pato will be the best striker in the world or Arguiro

41. I still think Messi will win World Player of The Year or whatever it's called..

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Redrup View Post
    I've seen threads get closed for far less than the shit floating around this one. Any more and the entire forum will start smelling like an outhouse on a building site.

Either way, Rooney is definitely the best player in the league at the moment, and possibly the best player in the world at the moment.

That's practically it. Oh, and he isn't 100 times better than Robin van Persie; that statement was moronic.

/Thread
    Make your mind up, you were just arguing that Drogba is better than Rooney

42. livipunk's Avatar livipunk
    First Team
    Rooney is definitely up there among the best, he is also one of my favorite players. However, I think Messi, although not an out-and-out striker, has a far better overall game than Rooney. And I agree with Aannddyy, Messi will win World Player of the Year.

43. Hes on of the best but hes no Messi.

44. I think in terms of being a handful it has to be drogba but i dont think hes the best seeing as hes not a team player

45. Quote Originally Posted by harrylewis View Post
    I think in terms of being a handful it has to be drogba but i dont think hes the best seeing as hes not a team player
    Drogba has the 3rd highest amount of assists in the Prem behind Fabregas and Lampard.
    If you watch him defensively aswell from corners, freekick's etc, he clears everything.
    If that's not working for the team I don't know what is.

46. No way is rooney the best. Hes had 1 good season, but messi can play as a striker hence classing him as a striker. So is ronaldo. Also, torres is better than rooney and so is david villa

47. Imo you cannot say Rooney, Drogba, Messi, Villa, or anyone of these is the best striker because they are different.

48. ianhall65's Avatar ianhall65Premium Member
    • Glasgow Rangers Managers
      Wilton (1899–1920) · Struth (1920–1954) · Symon (1954–1967) · White (1967–1969) · Waddell (1969–1972) · Wallace (1972–1978) · Greig (1978–1983) · Wallace (1983–1986) · Souness (1986–1991) · Smith (1991–1998) · Advocaat (1998–2001) · McLeish (2001–2006) · Le Guen (2006–2007) · Smith (2007–)
      We Welcome The Chase
    Fake Mod
    Diego Milito has to be given a mention after the season he has had

49. Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonrip View Post
    Imo you cannot say Rooney, Drogba, Messi, Villa, or anyone of these is the best striker because they are different.
    For me, being a striker comes down to scoring goals. If you can't compare two players of the same position, what can you compare?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO