Redknapp praises positive Spurs

1. Redknapp praises positive Spurs

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says his team's positive approach paid dividends against Manchester City as they clinch a Champions League spot.

More...

2. It did! I've been waiting 23 years for Tottenham to rub shoulders with Europe's top dogs. I'm very happy and half expecting an alarm clock to go off and wake me up.In dreamland tonight. On the downside, I'm hammered and had to get my missus to spell check this post before posting, lol. Please don't lose to some random team from Estonia or somewhere in qualifiers. COYS!

3. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Carine View Post
    It did! I've been waiting 23 years for Tottenham to rub shoulders with Europe's top dogs. I'm very happy and half expecting an alarm clock to go off and wake me up.In dreamland tonight. On the downside, I'm hammered and had to get my missus to spell check this post before posting, lol. Please don't lose to some random team from Estonia or somewhere in qualifiers. COYS!
    you wont even make it past the group stages

4. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Depends who they get in the group, if they do qualify for the group stage. They could get a really easy group. Then again they could get a really hard group.

We'll just have to wait and see.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Jealousy?

They have a strong squad and have performed well above standards. It depends who they get - they might get a bum team or an easy draw. Never know these days.

6. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Jealousy?

They have a strong squad and have performed well above standards. It depends who they get - they might get a bum team or an easy draw. Never know these days.
    im not jealous actually, dont know whats gotten into you recently against me, anyway i dont think that they will succeed because they dont have the best squad to compete with some of the teams in there, and i dont think that they have the money to get in some really good champions league players,

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Sour grapes?

8. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    im not jealous actually, dont know whats gotten into you recently against me, anyway i dont think that they will succeed because they dont have the best squad to compete with some of the teams in there, and i dont think that they have the money to get in some really good champions league players,
    I'm about 90% Sure in the other Spurs thread you said 'I'm so jealous' Could be wrong.

Anyway.. Cause they have got this 'Top 4' Place, better players will want to join them, they will get money for getting into the Champions League, and they will get a fair amount for finishing 4th ( And could still finish 3rd ) So I'm pretty sure they will have money.

And why do they need loads of money? We've seen it does not buy success

9. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    If we get to the group stages I'll be over the moon Have you seen the possible opponents for the qualifying round? Porto, CSKA, and numerous others are in there.

I know you're a city fan, but we deserved it tonight. Better tactics, better manager and better players. You might thrash us next year with all your billions, but at least let us take some credit for tonight.

Now's the time for Joe to get his chequebook again -- we have our own multi, multi, multi millionaire too, but he prefers to build each year, rather than demand everything in one go.

10. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Carter View Post
    I'm about 90% Sure in the other Spurs thread you said 'I'm so jealous' Could be wrong.

Anyway.. Cause they have got this 'Top 4' Place, better players will want to join them, they will get money for getting into the Champions League, and they will get a fair amount for finishing 4th ( And could still finish 3rd ) So I'm pretty sure they will have money.

And why do they need loads of money? We've seen it does not buy success
    Chelsea won the league spending money

11. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    I was aiming it at City

12. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Carter View Post
    I was aiming it at City
    weve had it for 2 seasons, we will be up there eventually, cant see how liverpool fans can bost anyway, youre part of the big four and 7th? come on man

13. Danny's Avatar Danny
    Super Moderator
    weve had it for 2 seasons, we will be up there eventually, cant see how liverpool fans can bost anyway, youre part of the big four and 7th? come on man
    Well.. We're not part of the 'Big four' now.

Why bring up Liverpool anyway? It's a Spurs thread. 'Come on man'

14. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Why bring up city, come on "woman"

15. I think it was very ambitous of Harry to try and attack at Man City, they could have spoiled the game and played for the draw getting every man behind the door.

Instead they decided to play to their strengths and rip apart the very over rated man city back line

quote from a villa friend of mine, who has been to every home and away game of their season!
    "worst defence he has seen this season"

i wouldn't go that extreme, but i think if they can become more organised and solid at the back, 4th is good enough as theres without spending money.

so Harry was probably right to be ambitious with his tactics, knowing man city's weak point

although he sometimes annoys me, fair play to him

16. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mfage1 View Post
    I think it was very ambitous of Harry to try and attack at Man City, they could have spoiled the game and played for the draw getting every man behind the door.

Instead they decided to play to their strengths and rip apart the very over rated man city back line

quote from a villa friend of mine, who has been to every home and away game of their season!
    "worst defence he has seen this season"

i wouldn't go that extreme, but i think if they can become more organised and solid at the back, 4th is good enough as theres without spending money.
    I guess he didnt watch us against burnley then, tell your friend to get off the Drugs

17. Just to clarify... Tottenham are not paupers. If you look at the last few transfer windows they have spent alot of cash. They are owned by Enic (Chaired by Daniel Levy). Enic are owned by Joe Lewis who just happens to be one of the richest men in the world. The only major difference between Tottenham and Man City is that Tottenham (since Levy has been there) have tried to give thier manager (with the exception of Ramos) at least two years to get it right. Two years may not sound like much -- but it's more than most get.

I don't think we'll win the league or the Champions League next year, but I won't slag off every opponent to make up for my own team's shortfalls.

Next year will be brilliant -- I expect Liverpool and City to challenge for honours, and Everton and Villa to put up a real fight. The Premier League is regaining it's in depth strength and we (as fans) should be proud of that.

18. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Carine View Post
    Just to clarify... Tottenham are not paupers. If you look at the last few transfer windows they have spent alot of cash. They are owned by Enic (Chaired by Daniel Levy). Enic are owned by Joe Lewis who just happens to be one of the richest men in the world. The only major difference between Tottenham and Man City is that Tottenham (since Levy has been there) have tried to give thier manager (with the exception of Ramos) at least two years to get it right. Two years may not sound like much -- but it's more than most get.

I don't think we'll win the league or the Champions League next year, but I won't slag off every opponent to make up for my own team's shortfalls.

Next year will be brilliant -- I expect Liverpool and City to challenge for honours, and Everton and Villa to put up a real fight. The Premier League is regaining it's in depth strength and we (as fans) should be proud of that.
    finally an honest fan, dont see many of them around

19. Quote Originally Posted by Carine View Post
    Just to clarify... Tottenham are not paupers. If you look at the last few transfer windows they have spent alot of cash. They are owned by Enic (Chaired by Daniel Levy). Enic are owned by Joe Lewis who just happens to be one of the richest men in the world. The only major difference between Tottenham and Man City is that Tottenham (since Levy has been there) have tried to give thier manager (with the exception of Ramos) at least two years to get it right. Two years may not sound like much -- but it's more than most get.

Well put. I think we will suprise alot of people next year and will make it through the group stages just like we suprised City and Liverpool by grabbing fourth. Spurs have a good team spirit and thats what has got us where we are. Redknapp will be given a certain amount of money to improve the squad and Levy has been wise not to break the bank chasing success.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    how can you honestly say that, they have the 4th strongest squad in this country.

They havent stregthen yet, they have beat arsenal and chelsea recently, who are considered elite european clubs. So they can easily get out of the group stages.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    you talk about its rare to see honest fans...

why don't you just take the fact you lost!

Tottenham Hotspur are a better team than Manchester City...

Over 38 games

Fact

22. Tbh, Man City would have raped the transfer market if they would go in CL, so it's better for everyone not to have another Chelsea.
    Also, we've been better than you. Point and it's over. We are there, you ain't.

23. Well Done Spurs, I backed them in another thread here to finish above man city and as a liverpool fan I will have no trouble at all supporting them when they play in europe, With tottenhams history in the game it's easy to be proud that they will be representing the country.

24. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    chelsea also had a very good squad to start of with. their bigs signs for the their first title were drogba, carvalho and tiago. it was actuallty the 05-06 they had their massive spree (aimed at winning the CL, not the league)

25. Banned for being a rebel
    You are forgetting it comes down to a Best Placed playoff nowadays you could play someone in the quality of Lyon or Fiorentina if the finish the last spot in their respective leagues as I do believe Spurs will be unseeded

26. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    i hate both teams with a passion spurs more but you got to hold your hands up and say they deserved it.

27. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    You are forgetting it comes down to a Best Placed playoff nowadays you could play someone in the quality of Lyon or Fiorentina if the finish the last spot in their respective leagues as I do believe Spurs will be unseeded
    apparently they roughly 50/50 to be seeded (so ive heard). gonna trawl uefa sit and see whats the craic

28. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Says the resident forum psychic

Don't hate, Spurs deserve it and I hope they do well and progress through the group stages.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Stop being a fucking baby mate. Your dirty club raped the transfer market and you STILL couldn't finish 4th. You sacked Hughes when you were in the top 6 and guess what you're still in the top 6 mate.

City haven't been in the top 4 as long as Spurs have in terms of days this season. Spurs play better football, they have better players and they deserved to win. And as for the money. Spurs are a HUGE club mate, they have a lot of money, they're moving into a massive stadium, they have big support.

You're being immature and rather pathetic to be honest there Joe. Your team didn't make it, deal with it lad. Act you're fucking age.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Frutty View Post
    Tbh, Man City would have raped the transfer market if they would go in CL, so it's better for everyone not to have another Chelsea.
    Also, we've been better than you. Point and it's over. We are there, you ain't.
    They will rape the transfer market whether in CL or not.

31. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fulham View Post
    They will rape the transfer market whether in CL or not.
    modern day great players want champions league football.

32. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    modern day great players want champions league football.
    Which City will be getting in a few years time.

33. Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Stop being a fucking baby mate. Your dirty club raped the transfer market and you STILL couldn't finish 4th. You sacked Hughes when you were in the top 6 and guess what you're still in the top 6 mate.

City haven't been in the top 4 as long as Spurs have in terms of days this season. Spurs play better football, they have better players and they deserved to win. And as for the money. Spurs are a HUGE club mate, they have a lot of money, they're moving into a massive stadium, they have big support.

You're being immature and rather pathetic to be honest there Joe. Your team didn't make it, deal with it lad. Act you're fucking age.
    Mate,calm down.It's been cleared off now,there's no need for arguing.

34. Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post

Epic rant that is. Actually i agree with many points. Spurs are better this season and have more supporters than city. Biggest of them all they can sell all the tickets. Imagine biggest UCL night at city with Half empty stadium. Lol.

35. Haha sorry mate but it's a bit sad when someone shows how happy they are their club has done something great and someone just tries to shoot it down out of jealousy and bitterness. We all know City will win the league in the next few years, I dread to think what some of the fans will be like then.
    Last edited by Deano; 06/05/2010 at 10:41 PM.

36. Your right Deano i totally agree... i made the same point in fewer less aggressive words earlier in the thread

Tottenham should be massively congratulated...

and for people to doubt their size and wealth of a club, they are massive...

with another point in their favour... Spurs bought their stadium built it with their own money

Man City inherited a free stadium that 'WE ALL' paid for with our tax payers money

shouldn't these rich bunch of wasters now all pay us back?

37. Reading through this all I can say is blody hell Joe get over it. Deano well said mate.

38. Chris's Avatar ChrisPremium Member
    • 4. Chelsea 40 +15
      --------------------------------
      5. Arsenal 36 +7
      6. Newcastle 36 +5
      7. Liverpool 35 +6
      8. Stoke 30 -9
      9. Norwich 28 -4
      10. Swansea 26 -2
      11. Everton 25 -4

Last result:
      Newcastle 1-0 QPR (Leon Best)

Who needs Ba; we got Best
    At the end of the day Tottenham are:

A great team of players that work for each other which is more than can be said for City. You were never going to finish fourth as you have too many big personalties and a lack of English players. Redknapp had 8 Brits last night. You have had two managers and it could be three very soon.

Tottenham have shown a lot of spirit this season and deserve it ten times more than City ever would.

Well done Spurs.

39. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    So what you gonna say if Arsenal will lose to Fulham and we beat Burnley?

40. THFC4LIFE's Avatar THFC4LIFE
    Backup
    One's thing for sure.....we will get further than you!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO