Man city finally sign Boateng For undisclosed fee from Hamburg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend

Man city finally sign Boateng For undisclosed fee from Hamburg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ty/8672609.stm

Man city seal the signing of Jerome Boateng from Hamburg for an undisclosed fee

Do you guys think he will be a good signing for us??

2. he will be solid, man city need a defence that is consistent or they wont get anywhere. i fee there downfall of last season.

he has pace from what iv seen too, good signing.

3. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    He's a full back isn't he, meh, when i've seen him, he's been alright, nothing special really. But probably paid WAY over his actual price

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ride The Walrus View Post
    He's a full back isn't he, meh, when i've seen him, he's been alright, nothing special really. But probably paid WAY over his actual price
    Naturally, that is the Man City way

5. It's 12.5 Million € (out clause) unless City (again) wanted to overpay for a HSV player
    Last edited by Helli; 05/06/2010 at 11:01 PM.

6. Now that is a waste of money.

7. hardley world class

8. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    fee is rumoured to be 12.5 million euros, not a bad price

9. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    How is this a waste of money, hes a german FULL international, hes quick, strong, plays all across the back four. the sort of player we need

10. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    to be honest hes big but hes not a commanding centreback, which is what you need

11. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    How is this a waste of money, hes a german FULL international, hes quick, strong, plays all across the back four. the sort of player we need
    I don't mean to be rude but how can you support 6 different clubs, I guess you added Man City to your list after the Arabs came in lol.

12. Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but how can you support 6 different clubs, I guess you added Man City to your list after the Arabs came in lol.
    Please don't start another argument.

13. Saw him at the u21 EC, at least i think it was that tournament. He was class.

Along with Mats Hummels he is probably the brightest defensive talent in Germany.

Good signing.

14. Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but you are a phallus.

Stop being a bender and ask him about why he supports those teams. That's like me calling you a glory hunter for supporting United - if I take the time to ask, I could find out that you may be a die hard fan.

So in the meantime, sit down, shut up and have a murray mint.

15. Brilliant player. Another decent signing from Hamburg like Kompany and de Jong. Even if hes not a first team regular he can cover in a number of positions.

16. Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude View Post
    I dont mean to be rude, go play in the traffic

17. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude View Post
    i do mean to be rude. STFU with your pointless and inane crap. you know fuck all about football, troll

18. Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude View Post
    Mate, everytime you post something you are trying to cause an argument.

Why?

Is it because you are trying to compensate for the fact you have a tiny penis?

19. i actually think he is a decent player, looked good in the europa league when i watched him this season, German international, young aswell, not massive fee.( nowadays)
    good but if business

20. Brian's Avatar BrianPremium Member
    Shelbourne Researcher
    That guy was just owned and Joe hasnt even responded yet

21. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Meh, is he even worth responding too?

22. Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but I bet you regret typing that now

23. Boateng is a decent player but no better then what they already have at the club, waste of my money in my opinion.

24. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Boateng is a decent player but no better then what they already have at the club, waste of my money in my opinion.
    Enjoy your fulham reserve and your youtube signing then mate

25. Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude View Post
    Boateng is a decent player but no better then what they already have at the club, waste of my money in my opinion.
    Hes better than Garrido so even if we only use him as a back up LB its still worth it. And one or two of the other defenders could be on their way out as Mancini never uses them.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    oi thats just nastly, he is just a twat, dont bring utd into this

27. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    We will still finish above you lol.

28. iNickStuff's Avatar iNickStuffPremium Member
    • Man Utd (2011-2031):

x14 Barclays Premier League titles
      x13 FA Community Shields
      x12 FA Cups
      x11 UEFA Champions League titles
      x10 League Cups

England (2018-2022):

x1 UEFA European Championship
      x1 FIFA World Cup
      x1 FIFA Confederations Cup
    Considering his options
    He is a great attacking fullback,good going forward.Did well for me when I briefly played as Hamburger SV and testing out a couple of tactics.

Good signing by Mancini.

29. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    oi thats just nastly, he is just a twat, dont bring utd into this
    what he said

30. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    this would be my back four for next season ( without any more defender signings)

RB: Onouha
    CB: Kompany
    CB: Lescott
    LB: Boateng

31. Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude View Post
    We will still finish above you lol.

If you didnt you would go bust.

Back on topic, City need decent depth as they dont have it at the moment. Thats why its a good signing.

32. from what i've seen off him he seems good but need too improve on the premiership

33. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    this would be my back four for next season ( without any more defender signings)

Boateng and Unuoha as full backs, you sure???

34. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Thats probably a good shout but I do like Zabaleta at RB. I can see Mancini selling one or two of the english defenders that he has hardly used.

35. Don't no why people are doubting Boateng here, he was Hamburg's best player against Fulham in both legs and I am sure he will slot right into the Premier League, he's a bit like Rio Ferdinand if I was going to make a comparison.

36. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Boateng and Unuoha as full backs, you sure???
    Yes, i really like Onouha, i think hes better than Richards and Zabaleta, especially at going forward,

37. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

onouha at right back? hes not known for his ball delivery

38. Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fulham View Post
    Don't no why people are doubting Boateng here, he was Hamburg's best player against Fulham in both legs and I am sure he will slot right into the Premier League, he's a bit like Rio Ferdinand if I was going to make a comparison.
    Some one with some sense and maybe a half decent knowledge of football.

39. Quote Originally Posted by themadsheep2001 View Post
    onouha at right back? hes not known for his ball delivery
    Boateng and Unuoha are centre backs, not sure why he wants them both at full back, there not exactly Evra and Dani Alves lol.

40. Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude View Post
    Boateng and Unuoha are centre backs, not sure why he wants them both at full back, there not exactly Evra and Dani Alves lol.
    When a player can play in more then one position, there manager might not always play them in there favourite position, more wheres best for the club, Hence why Carragher might play RB for england. Wes brown played RB for a whole season at utd. O'shea played Left back.

Fletchers played RB. it just whats best.

41. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    boateng can play across the back,, and even hold the mid, hes a decent crosser. onouha has the pace, but not the delivery.

of course they are not evra and alves. they are two of the best fullbacks in the world, there avery few plays who compare to them

42. Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude View Post
    I don't know much about Onuoha.

But i can tell you that Boateng can play every position in the defence, including the fullbacks.

Can i ask what makes you an expert on Boateng btw?

43. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Well we cant really attract Dani Alves to the club, hes in the best team in the world,

44. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Good buy, I don't think this is a bad buy at all.

45. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Well we cant really attract Dani Alves to the club, hes in the best team in the world,
    i' rather see nedum in the centre,postential to be a quality defender. we need to cap him soon so nigeria cant poach him

46. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    This would be an alternative defence for me

RB: Zabaleta
    CB: Toure

I prefer the first one, primarily because its using younger players like kompany who will only get better

47. iNickStuff's Avatar iNickStuffPremium Member
    • Man Utd (2011-2031):

x14 Barclays Premier League titles
      x13 FA Community Shields
      x12 FA Cups
      x11 UEFA Champions League titles
      x10 League Cups

England (2018-2022):

x1 UEFA European Championship
      x1 FIFA World Cup
      x1 FIFA Confederations Cup
    Considering his options
    I think this buy has got really good potential.

Boateng has a great player and,to be honest,he should excel.

48. Max's Avatar MaxPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Joe, do you rate Toure, out of interest?

49. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    This would be an alternative defence for me

RB: Zabaleta
    CB: Toure

I prefer the first one, primarily because its using younger players like kompany who will only get better
    huh, superchump got banned......

no place for lescott? good

50. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Joe, do you rate Toure, out of interest?
    Honestly, i think Kompany is our best CB, and i really think we need to look to the future with the back four, But on the fact of Toure, he made a lot of mistakes last season, but hes a good player to have around, one of few people in the team with CL experience

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO