Arsenal's Jack Wilshere Arrested

1. Arsenal's Jack Wilshere Arrested

Arsenal and England footballer Jack Wilshere has been arrested and released on bail after an alleged assault involving a woman.

A spokesperson for the midfielder said: "Jack Wilshere was arrested by police in the early hours following a fracas but was released on bail later.
    "The police have made it very clear that he is an important witness to the incident and played the role of peacemaker and is unlikely to face any charges as a result.
    "Jack has made it very clear he will co-operate fully with the police investigation."
    The Metropolitan Police told Sky News that officers went to Kensington High Street, west London, at about 2.45am on Sunday, following reports of an assault.
    Police said a woman had suffered a broken and dislocated elbow, while a man had sustained minor facial injuries.
    They were both taken to hospital for treatment.
    More to follow...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...15708926?f=rss
    Last edited by CJ; 29/08/2010 at 07:32 PM.

2. he played the role as peacemaker the article said

3. Quote Originally Posted by Calum_Arsenal View Post
    he played the role as peacemaker the article said
    you dont get arrested for being a peacemaker?

4. maybe he thort he better copy Gerrard, Rooney and Terry by getting himself on the news so he gets picked for the England squad

5. Get your facts right lol. He wasn't arrested for assaulting any one, he was just a key eye witness and played the roll of peacemaker

6. iNickStuff's Avatar iNickStuffPremium Member
    • Man Utd (2011-2031):

x14 Barclays Premier League titles
      x13 FA Community Shields
      x12 FA Cups
      x11 UEFA Champions League titles
      x10 League Cups

England (2018-2022):

x1 UEFA European Championship
      x1 FIFA World Cup
      x1 FIFA Confederations Cup
    Considering his options
    Might want to change the OP a bit more informative, like putting in a bit of text from the article, rather than the opening headline and the link.

Just a suggestion.

7. Yes, thats what his lawyer said, but you don't get arrested for being a peacemaker, and i'm just quoting the article

8. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post

He wasn't arrested for being peacemaker he was arrested for being there and they want to know what happened

9. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    "The police have made it very clear that he is an important witness to the incident and played the role of peacemaker and is unlikely to face any charges as a result"

He's a good prospect & a good lad.

10. I know that for sure from personal experiences

11. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    *sigh* It seems all footballer are arrested at some point or another. Publicity FTWZ

12. ok well what ever, you dont get arrested for being a witness either lol

for anyone who wants to challenge... i took law studys at college for 3 years

13. Joss's Avatar JossPremium Member
    Premium Member
    The police have made it very clear that he is an important witness to the incident and played the role of peacemaker and is unlikely to face any charges as a result.

14. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    ok well what ever, you dont get arrested for being a witness either lol

Yes you do ?? search it and as long as you tried to stop the offence unless there was nothing you could do E.g the person had a weapon then there is no charges

plus it is likely he knew the person who carried out the assault

15. Pretty misleading thread title. Sounds like he's just been taken in as a witness.

16. Quote Originally Posted by 19-11-08 View Post
    Pretty misleading thread title. Sounds like he's just been taken in as a witness.
    To be Fair, thats the same headline of BBC news

17. Quote Originally Posted by pimpdollar View Post
    Yes you do ?? search it and as long as you tried to stop the offence unless there was nothing you could do E.g the person had a weapon then there is no charges

plus it is likely he knew the person who carried out the assault
    i cant and wont take a lecture on law (something i studied for long enough for two years) from someone with the name "pimpdollar".

If your a witness to a crime, you make yourself known to the police, they take your details and a quick statement. they then contact you and ask you to come to the station if the case continues. they dont arrest you. ever

They way it sounds, Jack has been arrested for being an acomplise (spelling) if he knew the person involved and there for the police take a view on it as he played an active role in the incident.

I have witnessed a car crash, an assault and a arson attack over the last few years and have never once been arrested just to back up my point.

18. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 19-11-08 View Post
    Pretty misleading thread title. Sounds like he's just been taken in as a witness.
    im not sure the spokesman knws the difference between being asked to come down as a material witness, and actually being arrested. you can be held for both but only arrested for the latter as far as i know

19. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    i cant and wont take a lecture on law (something i studied for long enough for two years) from someone with the name "pimpdollar".

If your a witness to a crime, you make yourself known to the police, they take your details and a quick statement. they then contact you and ask you to come to the station if the case continues. they dont arrest you. ever

They way it sounds, Jack has been arrested for being an acomplise (spelling) if he knew the person involved and there for the police take a view on it as he played an active role in the incident.

I have witnessed a car crash, an assault and a arson attack over the last few years and have never once been arrested just to back up my point.
    poop Being a witness doesn't mean you give your self in ok you studied it but has it ever happened to you NO me YES

20. Joss's Avatar JossPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    ok well what ever, you dont get arrested for being a witness either lol

Well, to be fair - it's Sky News - they've probably got it mixed up.

EDIT: Irrelevant point considering it's on BBC News too. he may have hit/assaulted the attacker. Or he may well just be being held, hence "unlikely to face any charges"
    Last edited by Joss; 29/08/2010 at 07:53 PM.

21. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post

dont be so condescending. his username has no bearing on what he is saying

22. Wait what does my name have to do with anything. You have no idea why i chose this name ??? shows how shallow and very quick to judge you are

23. Quote Originally Posted by pimpdollar View Post
    poop Being a witness doesn't mean you give your self in ok you studied it but has it ever happened to you NO me YES
    i couldnt care if it had happened to the pope my dear friend, simple fact it you do not get arrested for being a witness no matter how bad the crime is. you most have done something more than just witness an incident. also you do not give yourself in if your a witness, the law does state if your a witness you as a citizen has a duty of reporting it to the police, they then take a statement etc
    Last edited by MisterStubbs; 29/08/2010 at 07:54 PM.

24. Ok we will find out, when more info is released

25. it sounds to me he may have been arrested for being connected to the crime.

26. The Spurs fan who made this was probably rubbing his hands together and smiling thinking one of his rival clubs players was in shit.

The title is misleading, witnessess often get taken in to give evidence to what happened, nothing new.

27. Quote Originally Posted by pimpdollar View Post
    Since when does first hand account reliably back up an argument? I wasn't around in World War Two, but I'm pretty sure if someone tried to convince me the Nazis used magical candy floss as weapons I could prove him wrong.

Wait what does my name have to do with anything. You have no idea why i chose this name ??? shows how shallow and very quick to judge you are
    I doubt anyone either knows or cares why you chose that name.

The title is misleading, witnessess often get taken in to give evidence to what happened, nothing new.
    Yeah, taken in. Not arrested. There's something more to this than meets the eye, I think.

28. Witnesses don't get arrested and then released on bail though, do they?

29. Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    Since when does first hand account reliably back up an argument? I wasn't around in World War Two, but I'm pretty sure if someone tried to convince me the Nazis used magical candy floss as weapons I could prove him wrong.

I doubt anyone either knows or cares why you chose that name.

Yeah, taken in. Not arrested. There's something more to this than meets the eye, I think.
    exactly you said it your self i doubt any one knows so why would he say from someone with the name pimpdollar .... and please do not get involved where it does not concern you

30. Quote Originally Posted by pimpdollar View Post
    exactly you said it your self i doubt any one knows so why would he say from someone with the name pimpdollar .... and please do not get involved where it does not concern you
    I don't want to theorise on why he said that, although I imagine he has a pretty good point. And in case you hadn't noticed, this is an internet forum. Forums are designed specifically for people to "get involved where it doesn't concern them". Sorry to burst your bubble mate. Still, I rather think we should get back to the topic at hand, eh?

31. .... Slyly hate the fact that your right .... your still a poop though

32. J0k3r
    First Team
    There is an apparent "third" england playe that has got an injuction or whatever its called preventing the media speaking ut about what they did. I woder who it is...

33. Stay on topic, no one gives a shit if you went to Oxford and got a masters in Law, or you are a partner in a top law firm, no one cares.

34. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Stay on topic, no one gives a shit if you went to Oxford and got a masters in Law, or you are a partner in a top law firm, no one cares.
    i didn't say anyone did give a shit as you put and technically i was on topic by stating that the story was missleading and there is more to it because you do not get arrested then released on bail for being a witness which the media statement says.

35. miggo97's Avatar miggo97
    First Team
    Wilshere wud do fuck all hes 18

36. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    i didn't say anyone did give a shit as you put and technically i was on topic by stating that the story was missleading and there is more to it because you do not get arrested then released on bail for being a witness which the media statement says.
    That was your 1st point, yes, leading to it being taken off topic, and the rest of your posts in the thread are irrelevant to the origional story. The same can be said about many people on this thread, I am not just singling you out.

37. Quote Originally Posted by ryan_stubbs View Post
    Ryan - I study English at university but I don't go around telling everyone how to spell or anything similar, do I?

Here's a thought - try listening to someone else's opinion before you write it off completely just because of their username.

Sorry for going off topic Dunc.

38. I am going to e-slap the next person that goes off topic.

39. point taken.

sorry for straying off topic, i was just simply trying to state that you dont get arrested for being a witness.

40. Joe's Avatar Joe
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I am going to e-slap the next person that goes off topic.
    I love men.
    Last edited by Dunc; 29/08/2010 at 08:40 PM.

41. Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I love men.
    Beat me to it.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Stay on topic, no one gives a shit if you went to Oxford and got a masters in Law, or you are a partner in a top law firm, no one cares.
    Surely it would matter though... If someone's studied law then they are more likely to know the procedures of arresting someone who is apparently only a witness than others on this forum. Ryan was only qualifying his statement that Wilshere was unlikely to have been arrested if he was only a witness.

43. Quote Originally Posted by rnixon View Post
    Surely it would matter though... If someone's studied law then they are more likely to know the procedures of arresting someone who is apparently only a witness than others on this forum. Ryan was only qualifying his statement that Wilshere was unlikely to have been arrested if he was only a witness.
    People can sprout all sorts of shit on the internet, for all you know, someone who says they did a degree in law, is actually a Bin man. How ever much I would love to trust everyone on the internet, I don't.

He wasn't 'only' a witness tho. He was a 'key witness', this means that he is likely a large key in the police operation towards solving the crime, either way, there seems to be conflicting reports of what he has been arrested for, or if he has even been arrested.

Either way, I would rather trust somewhere with some, though limited, credibility like Sky news or BBC, than some randomer on the internet.

44. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    People can sprout all sorts of shit on the internet, for all you know, someone who says they did a degree in law, is actually a Bin man. How ever much I would love to trust everyone on the internet, I don't.

He wasn't 'only' a witness tho. He was a 'key witness', this means that he is likely a large key in the police operation towards solving the crime, either way, there seems to be conflicting reports of what he has been arrested for, or if he has even been arrested.

Either way, I would rather trust somewhere with some, though limited, credibility like Sky news or BBC, than some randomer on the internet.
    i totally agree and see your point but my profession is a trainee firefighter after thinking twice about joining the police service.

back on topic though, even a "key witness" wouldn't get arrested, he may of got taken down to the police station to give a witness statement but wouldn't actually be placed under arrest and certainly wouldn't be placed on bail.

the thing is, Jack is an up and coming star who i rate very highly and would love to have at Old Trafford, the fact that he is a such a star, the press will always go over the top when they catch wind that a star is involved in a crime like this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post

I understand your point, and of course you have to take everything posted on the forums with a pinch of salt. I was just trying to say that it is important whether they have studied law, as they will have a better understanding of the situation regarding the arrest of Wilshere. And I may be gullible, but I'm inclined to believe ryan_stubbs has studied law and knows more than most of us about what might actually be happening. But obviously this all speculation, as all we have to look at is a fairly vague source. Anyway I'll stop rambling on and leave people to discuss more on-topic matters.

46. I think we may have to wait for a statement from Arsenal, untill we find out fully what has happened, if what Ryan says is true, then there could be something more sinister behind what has happened, although I hope not.

47. Brian's Avatar BrianPremium Member
    Shelbourne Researcher
    there was probably a fight which led to wilshere stepping in and breaking it up with force (throwing someone away).
    the police brought him to the station, heard that he was a peacemaker and released him on bail just in case he was actually involved as a precaution.
    that sound like a reasonable explanation

48. Joss's Avatar JossPremium Member
    Premium Member
    They'd release him on bail anyway Brian - people generally do get bail, they can't keep them in a cell for 2 weeks.. Anyway, Arsenal haven't commented on it yet, and my brother (who works in the Press Office at Arsenal ) didn't even know..

49. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    he was arrested on suspicison of assualt after the car he travelling was stopped following the incident (all occupants were) however the police are now viewing him as less of a suspect and more of a witness ie he was there and helped break it up. doesnt seem to be anything sinister in that to me, since he was arrested on suspsicion of assualt, not arrested for assault

50. All sounds a bit gay really.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO