Like Tree363Likes

The npower Football League Thread.

  1. Everton Nice Guy Gramps
    #2541
    Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    Ricky Lambert the football league's version of RVP?

    Seems he score every game for saints like RVP does for us!
    I remember we wanted to sign Lambert and were making enquiries. Now it's a case of wondering "what if we had of bought him....". Like him a lot. Very good player. Think he'll do well in the Premier league

  2. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Bristol Rovers & CE Sabadell FC Muzzy Carayol <3
    #2542
    Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    I remember we wanted to sign Lambert and were making enquiries. Now it's a case of wondering "what if we had of bought him....". Like him a lot. Very good player. Think he'll do well in the Premier league
    Just out of interest, was he playing for Rovers or Southampton when you wanted to sign him?

  3. Everton Nice Guy Gramps
    #2543
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Phillips View Post
    Just out of interest, was he playing for Rovers or Southampton when you wanted to sign him?
    erm....can't remember off top of my head. Think was during 09/10 season-I could be wrong. The rumour linking him to Everton is doing the rounds again-apparently £3.5 million bid being considered. Which is laughable. There's not many strikers better than him going round, so the Saints wouldn't accept anything less than £10 million which is something we definately cannot afford
    Last edited by ajt09; 12/12/2011 at 09:46 PM.

  4. Luke Phillips's Avatar Luke PhillipsPremium Member
    Bristol Rovers & CE Sabadell FC Muzzy Carayol <3
    #2544
    Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    erm....can't remember off top of my head. Think was during 09/10 season-I could be wrong. The rumour linking him to Everton is doing the rounds again-apparently £3.5 million bid being considered. Which is laughable. There's not many strikers better than him going round, so the Saints wouldn't accept anything less than £10 million which is something we definately cannot afford
    Really can't believe how far he has come along. Was useless when he first joined and didn't score in 12 games, then all of a sudden, goal after goal after goal. Each one was superb as well-Swindon, The Shit and Hartlepool are all memorable goals. Then of course an outrageous 40 yard volley which flew into the top corner.

    Really hope he gets a shot at the big time. Genuinely was a pleasure to have him at Rovers!
    ajt09 likes this.

  5. Everton Nice Guy Gramps
    #2545
    Preston North End manager Phil Brown has been sacked. Former Everton player David Unsworth is caretaker boss-and is also in frame to take charge permanently
    Last edited by ajt09; 14/12/2011 at 03:42 PM.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Preston North End manager Phil Brown has been sacked. Former Everton player David Unsworth is caretaker boss-and is also in frame to take charge permanently
    Ridsdale likes sacking managers.

  7. Everton Nice Guy Gramps
    #2547
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Ridsdale likes sacking managers.
    What is it now? 2 in 12 months or something. Though you could say his position became un-tannable.



    (apologies for that )

  8. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    Liverpool A pretty cool guy.
    #2548
    Bit harsh on Brown, was a good manager, but Preston are under-achieving. Family I have that live there sure didn't like Brown though.

  9. kjg1995's Avatar kjg1995Premium Member
    Love Cardiff City - Hate The Jacks \0/ <0> \0/ <0>
    #2549
    Ridsdale to ring his mate Dave Jones for Preston job maybe?

  10. Results tonight gone against us.

    Makes 3 points tomorrow even more crucial....

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO