Aston Villa v Man Utd
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

1. You know the air is thick with irony when Scott accuses someone else of posting rubbish...

2. Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    You know the air is thick with irony when Scott accuses someone else of posting rubbish...
    Your the one, asking someone to be banned for no reason, and blasting out rubbish in your sig about the refs being against you. So Pot Kettle Black.

3. Never mind. I gave my reason (and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a bot of some kind), and what I put in my sig is no concern of anyone apart from me unless it breaks the sig guidelines, so I think continuing this line of conversation would be pointless and time-consuming.

4. but the person posting the pictures has already been warned about it by a mod on the liverpool v chelsea thread

5. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    enough. go knock head somewhere else, or at the very least knock heads on the game, there was plenty of controversy for the pair of you to argue about

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    enough. go knock head somewhere else, or at the very least knock heads on the game, there was plenty of controversy for the pair of you to argue about
    Sorry, I have VMed now.

Anyway, Todays game wasnt to controversial to me. I think there was only one dodgy moment, and vidic should of been sent off, even though i dont agree with that rule, once he booked young he had to book vidic.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    cause your shit.
    Lol, we're at least as good as Utd. Anyway we'll see as time goes on.

8. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Very disappointed with what happened in the game today.

Thought the first half was dire, but both sides looked fairly dangerous and I thought me slightly edged it. Second half we were destroyed by Villa. Collins hit the bar, Agbonlahor missed an open goal and hit the post, Albrighton missed a sitter of a header and they were just all over us. Penalty was unlucky as Brown tripped and fell on Young's foot, but was a definite penalty and a very good one at that. Albrighton's goal was an excellent counter attack too, and anyone that has me on Facebook knows that I gave up the result right there and was almost certain of defeat.

However, Federico Macheda stepped up again with another screamer vs Aston Villa at Villa Park (deja vu anyone?) and at that point I thought we'd win the game. Nani then finally put in a good cross and Captain Fantastic Vidic got our equaliser. Then Obertan had his little dink saved by Friedel's face and skied another shot afterwards. Ferdinand had a volley headed off the line before Macheda's goal and Carrick had a volley blocked at 2-2 which I thought he should have smashed but instead he tried to side foot it and it lacked power.

At the end of the day, we didn't deserve anything from the game but I'm very happy that we got a point in the end. I think next game is vs Wigan at Old Trafford and Fergie should start with Macheda and Hernandez up top because Berbatov looks very frustrated and doesn't look like he's going to take any chances at the moment.

UNITED TILL I DIE.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Sorry, I have VMed now.

Anyway, Todays game wasnt to controversial to me. I think there was only one dodgy moment, and vidic should of been sent off, even though i dont agree with that rule, once he booked young he had to book vidic.
    Not one?! Vidic had to go. Nani had to go. Petulant little cunt that bloke.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Not one?! Vidic had to go. Nani had to go. Petulant little cunt that bloke.
    Nani's was handbags, Really that wasnt a massive challenge, i seen bigger things at an u9s game.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Nani's was handbags, Really that wasnt a massive challenge, i seen bigger things at an u9s game.
    He turned round 3 times to make sure Warnock was there and elbowed him in the face :|

12. Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    He turned round 3 times to make sure Warnock was there and elbowed him in the face :|
    That was hardly an elbow, Your going soft mr Whitehouse.

13. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    To be fair, he didn't swing his elbow he just jumped with his arm out (given it wasn't necessary to do but I don't think it was worthy of a red card).

14. Conveniently did it though seconds after Warnock tackled him strongly though.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Conveniently did it though seconds after Warnock tackled him strongly though.
    yeah, still hardly a elbow, A leaning with the arm at most. But then i suppose i like a bit of contact.

16. Irish Scouse's Avatar Irish ScousePremium Member
    Bob Kelso. ❥
    I havent seen the incident, but that description makes it seem deliberate to me...

Will see on MOTD today though.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Scouse View Post
    I havent seen the incident, but that description makes it seem deliberate to me...

Deliberate.

= Red.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Scouse View Post

it was defo deilberate, thats why he got booked. But it defo wasnt an elbow, more leaning with the arms when jumping.

19. Nick.Premium Member
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Scouse View Post

Yes, I will have a look as well - although anything near enough to an elbow in the rule book is a straight red card, no ifs not buts, it's a red. But, alas, I haven't seen it yet

20. Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Deliberate.

= Red.
    Deliberate elbow = red

Deliberate leaning when jumping = Yellows.

21. I do not understand why you are bothered by the fact of posting pics and I do not think is a reason for the ban.
    Also, if you don't wany those pictures, just let me know, but, sincerly, i hope that you can say that with nice words. It's that okay for you GodCubed?

22. United were very lucky today and must improve.

Feel for Villa, but the performance today suggests another comfortable season.

In my opinion, Nani shouldnt have been sent off, a yellow was fine but Vidic should have been

Apparently United always start seasons slowly but they have been so poor recently that i really cant see anyone other than Chelsea winning it this year, with City not yet ready and Arsenal getting further and further away from the top 2. I think United miss (an on form) Rooney

23. Quote Originally Posted by xCite View Post
    I do not understand why you are bothered by the fact of posting pics and I do not think is a reason for the ban.
    Also, if you don't wany those pictures, just let me know, but, sincerly, i hope that you can say that with nice words. It's that okay, GodCubed?
    Keep posting them mate, unless a mod asked you not to.

24. Quote Originally Posted by alicwkd View Post
    United were very lucky today and must improve.

Feel for Villa, but the performance today suggests another comfortable season.

In my opinion, Nani shouldnt have been sent off, a yellow was fine but Vidic should have been

Apparently United always start seasons slowly but they have been so poor recently that i really cant see anyone other than Chelsea winning it this year, with City not yet ready and Arsenal getting further and further away from the top 2. I think United miss (an on form) Rooney
    I dont think, Vidic should of been sent off tbh. the problem is, i dont agree with the rule, if you score you should be able to hug some fans, but the ref dug himself a hole when he booked young( Wrongly in my opinion)

25. Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    I dont think, Vidic should of been sent off tbh. the problem is, i dont agree with the rule, if you score you should be able to hug some fans, but the ref dug himself a hole when he booked young( Wrongly in my opinion)
    Yes i completely agree (sorry should have made it more clear)

It is a ridiculous rule. It is what football is about, the emotion, celebrating with the fans. Having said that, either neither of them should have been booked, or they both should have been. Having booked Young, Vidic should have been booked also.

I really hate refs with no bollocks

26. Tbh, we all know there is an unwritten difference between a yellow and a yellow that leads to a red. For Vidic to have been sent off for a celebration would have been ridiculous, whether the ref was consistent or inconsistent.

27. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    I could be wrong, and it's slightly off topic - but wasn't Arjen Robben once given a second yellow card for jumping into the crowd when he was at Chelsea?

He also scored the winner in that game if I remember correctly..

28. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    I could be wrong, and it's slightly off topic - but wasn't Arjen Robben once given a second yellow card for jumping into the crowd when he was at Chelsea?

yes against sunderland in the 2005-06 season 2-1 im sure it was

29. DMF's Avatar DMFPremium Member
    @dmf180593
    Quote Originally Posted by cfc12345 View Post
    yes against sunderland in the 2005-06 season 2-1 im sure it was
    Thought so.. can't find the video on Youtube though. Also, I think he came on as a substitute? (But that's just a wild guess, as it's just entered my mind..)

30. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott* View Post
    Nice, we have started slow for the last 20 years, bar the occassional blips, double winning year, we didnt win any of our first 3 games. This season we havent lost. We have 3 gears to find, that how good we really are.
    Yes you started poor in your double winning season but and this is a huge but you had a better squad in that season without a dout.

I have now sen the highlights and the Young and Vidic desicion was totally different. Vidic ran into the crowd but Young jumped the ad boards totally different situation.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post

Good technique in remembering mate.

31. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member

• Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    SAF greatest ever.
    Bannan

GodCubed, how much do you hate the lad from Italy, Macheda?

We were poor, really poor. Villa played with 2 reserves as CMs and still we couldn't boss the game. (Still we bossed against Chelsea that had Essien, Lampard, Mikel, so take your stance).

1. Without Scholes we are fucking poor. God how i wish he was 10 years younger.
    2. People writing off United have to realise that we are without our best Forward and best Winger.
    3. We are slow starters (This may sound excuse but it is not), we usually hit the ground running from Christmas period. With Rooney back from next week, i expect we will get better with all his contract situation put behind.
    4. Never write United off, be it a season or a match. We were 2 goals down and Villa were all over us, we were shit and couldn't string 2 pass togetehr, subbed our 2 imp forwards for a youngster and winger who is still trying to find feet at this level, still we rescued point by scoring 2 goals and absolutely dominating after being 2 goals down. And Obertan was very unlucky as Fridel had no clue about his shot which hit his head.

I'm very happy with the games we have already played. Everton, Fulham, Villa, City away games where many teams lose or drop points.

32. Nick.Premium Member
    Premium Member
    Also, I did notice this in MoTD. Strictly speaking Vidic didn't jump into the crowd, he stood by the boards and let the fans hug him. However, Young did jump over the board and into the crowd/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO