Like Tree19520Likes

The Liverpool Thread

  1. How is it decided which game is played on which day anyway? Is it to do with the draw I guess?

  2. Quote Originally Posted by Ride The Walrus View Post
    That's the type of club you're at now Torres! Hope your proud of your decision and your new 'fans'

    Can't even sell out for a Wembley cup semi final, too.
    Can't believe fans hate on Torres. He took you're club to glory at times, was quality and you all hate on him and yet still none of you know the real reason he left? You're own owners broke their promise to him. Disgraceful if you ask me. He had every right to leave Liverpool and the fans yet still hate on him? Nice one stuipd scousers. 'Thats the type of club you're at Torres' made be laugh too.
    If Chelsea beat Liverpool, Torres winner I'll laugh so hard at the Liverpool supporters.

  3. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    How is it decided which game is played on which day anyway? Is it to do with the draw I guess?
    I would assume so mate, personally to me i believe Kenny had no grounds to say "we won't play if they change it to the Sunday". If i was a Pool fan playing on a day like that would make me more pumped up and should give the players more insentive to reach that final but hay thats just my thoughts.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    Bollocks to all this plastic shit, a lot of us fans were here long before Roman bought us and stick by this club through thick and thin.
    Totally agree with you. This plastic shit is bullshit.

  5. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC CALLUM View Post
    Can't believe fans hate on Torres. He took you're club to glory at times, was quality and you all hate on him and yet still none of you know the real reason he left? You're own owners broke their promise to him. Disgraceful if you ask me. He had every right to leave Liverpool and the fans yet still hate on him? Nice one stuipd scousers. 'Thats the type of club you're at Torres' made be laugh too.
    If Chelsea beat Liverpool, Torres winner I'll laugh so hard at the Liverpool supporters.
    At the time of leaving and even now Chelsea are a better team than Liverpool, like you say he was made promises which wasn't kept. It doesn't bother me how Liverpool fans decide to treat him each to their own but if he left with a Liverpool tattoo covering his face stating his love but moved on for career reasons they still would slate him.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    I would assume so mate, personally to me i believe Kenny had no grounds to say "we won't play if they change it to the Sunday". If i was a Pool fan playing on a day like that would make me more pumped up and should give the players more insentive to reach that final but hay thats just my thoughts.
    The FA is a bloody joke. They will happily listen to Liverpool but never will help out Chelsea, the only club left in Europe. The Spanish Federation happily moved Barcelona's game v Madrid. Our FA is a load of rubbish.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    At the time of leaving and even now Chelsea are a better team than Liverpool, like you say he was made promises which wasn't kept. It doesn't bother me how Liverpool fans decide to treat him each to their own but if he left with a Liverpool tattoo covering his face stating his love but moved on for career reasons they still would slate him.
    When he played for them he played with pride, the fans don't understand this and chuck it back in his face. The Liverpool support is ridiculous and the all slate the Chelsea fans, mmm..




    Last edited by CFC CALLUM; 16/04/2012 at 12:31 AM.

  8. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC CALLUM View Post
    The FA is a bloody joke. They will happily listen to Liverpool but never will help out Chelsea, the only club left in Europe. The Spanish Federation happily moved Barcelona's game v Madrid. Our FA is a load of rubbish.
    Any other FA in world football would have moved the game for their club. They would never have moved the game in the first place as soon as Kenny said "we wont play on Sunday".

  9. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC CALLUM View Post
    When he played for them he played with pride, the fans don't understand this and chuck it back in his face. The Liverpool support is ridiculous and the all slate the Chelsea fans, mmm..

    HE IS A BLUE HE WAS A RED, TORRES TORRES
    HE LEFT THE KOP END FOR THE SHED, TORRES TORRES
    HE USED TO GO OUT ON THE ROB
    NOW HE'S GOT A PROPER JOB
    FERNANDO TORRES CHELSEA'S NUMBER 9



    I'd go easy on the chants etc as you'll get a ban lol. Agree that he played with passion and pride with Liverpool every game and they should remember that instead in my opinion. When Gus Poyet left to go to Spurs i was annoyed but never hated him or slated him, just remembered the great things he done for us.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by CFC CALLUM View Post
    Can't believe fans hate on Torres. He took you're club to glory at times, was quality and you all hate on him and yet still none of you know the real reason he left? You're own owners broke their promise to him. Disgraceful if you ask me. He had every right to leave Liverpool and the fans yet still hate on him? Nice one stuipd scousers. 'Thats the type of club you're at Torres' made be laugh too.
    If Chelsea beat Liverpool, Torres winner I'll laugh so hard at the Liverpool supporters.
    For me, it is the best £50 Million Liverpool have ever received. Some people do still see he betrayed us, having said a few weeks earlier he was committed to the club etc. It all depends on the situation I guess.

    One player I still hate is Macherano. The fact that he refused to play because he wanted to move pissed me off so much. Especially when we are helping fund his wages, to turn around and refuse to play is a piss take

  11. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    I'd go easy on the chants etc as you'll get a ban lol. Agree that he played with passion and pride with Liverpool every game and they should remember that instead in my opinion. When Gus Poyet left to go to Spurs i was annoyed but never hated him or slated him, just remembered the great things he done for us.
    Yup, when a player like Drogba leaves Chelsea I will never hate him much like Zola based on the fact they played with pride while in blue the Liverpool fans reckon Torres turned his back on them like that? Blame you're owners for Torres' loss not Torres. Just my opinion on the subject. Liverpool fans think much different. Even their own player could understand why he left, why cant the fans?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    For me, it is the best £50 Million Liverpool have ever received. Some people do still see he betrayed us, having said a few weeks earlier he was committed to the club etc. It all depends on the situation I guess.

    One player I still hate is Macherano. The fact that he refused to play because he wanted to move pissed me off so much. Especially when we are helping fund his wages, to turn around and refuse to play is a piss take
    Ok, I agree on Mascherano one but Torres' he played with pride and this was easily known. Feel free Liverpool supporters to hate on him but you're just making idiots of yourself.

  13. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    For me, it is the best £50 Million Liverpool have ever received. Some people do still see he betrayed us, having said a few weeks earlier he was committed to the club etc. It all depends on the situation I guess.

    One player I still hate is Macherano. The fact that he refused to play because he wanted to move pissed me off so much. Especially when we are helping fund his wages, to turn around and refuse to play is a piss take
    And i totally agree with not liking a player for that i really do. But Torres didn't do that and actually loves your club now even after all the abuse. In this current day and age he moved up in the footballing world and i just believe that is a hard thing for some Liverpool fans to take. I agree in terms of the 50million your received you have used it to try and build again and Suarez for 25mill and Enrique for 7odd mill and Coates for 6 odd mill and change is good business.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    And i totally agree with not liking a player for that i really do. But Torres didn't do that and actually loves your club now even after all the abuse. In this current day and age he moved up in the footballing world and i just believe that is a hard thing for some Liverpool fans to take. I agree in terms of the 50million your received you have used it to try and build again and Suarez for 25mill and Enrique for 7odd mill and Coates for 6 odd mill and change is good business.
    But more than half of the 50m was spent on Carroll. Not wisely spent for me. Suarez is nothing to Torres when he played to Pool. They will never find a striker like Torres again, plays with pride wherever he may be. He was quality, loved by supporters until now and its all the owner(s) faults.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    For me, it is the best £50 Million Liverpool have ever received. Some people do still see he betrayed us, having said a few weeks earlier he was committed to the club etc. It all depends on the situation I guess.
    but 35 of it was spent on Andy Carroll.

  16. Has proved to have a better goal to game ratio so far though

  17. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    Has proved to have a better goal to game ratio so far though
    Carroll is like the new Heskey, he always scores headers. Carroll just gets in the right place at the right time. Meanwhile Torres' gets assists, a team player not selfish. For me Torres' has proved to been better. He can actually take on a player too, without falling over. Goal to game ratio is nothing, its just because Carroll has played less. Watch Torres and watch Carroll then try and say Carroll is better.

  18. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    Has proved to have a better goal to game ratio so far though
    Lets be honest neither was worth or have ever been worth the money paid for them. But on the whole Torres's Chelsea career has been worlds better than Carroll's Liverpool career at this current moment. Obviously things can change but since joining Chelsea Torres has become a more all rounded player, if he doesn't end up on the score sheet then he will be on the assist list.

  19. Joel`'s Avatar Joel`
    Modern Day Legend
    Torres has 0.27 goals/game. Carroll has 0.33.

    Torres has 8 assists in 27 games. Carroll has 1 assist in 24 games. I know who I'd rather have.

    But either way, it's like arguing over who bought the best dead horse.
    Ride The Walrus and GodCubed like this.

  20. on the brighter side though, both players look like they are improving. Carroll has been looking good in the last few games, 2 goals in 2 games, and as you say Torres has been getting a fair few assists.

  21. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    Any other FA in world football would have moved the game for their club. They would never have moved the game in the first place as soon as Kenny said "we wont play on Sunday".
    Behave, I know you have some sort of anti-hillsborough thing going on (yes I remember the joke you posted about it a while ago), but just accept that for many, many people it's not the day we should play games on. Kenny was horrificaly effected by the event, as were so many people, including my dad, who was in the stand at hillsborough. We like to have a service on the day to remember those who didn't come home that day.
    Lee likes this.

  22. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    Luis Suárez to sign longer-term contract with 'supportive' Liverpool

    • Uruguayan keen to play for country at Olympic Games
    • Yes, I will continue at Liverpool, said Luis Suárez


    Liverpool's Luis Suárez pleads for a decision during the FA Cup semi-final against Everton, during which he scored his team's crucial equaliser. Photograph: Michael Regan/The FA via Getty Images

    Luis Suárez has confirmed he has no intention of leaving Liverpool in the wake of a turbulent season as the FA Cup finalists look to secure the Uruguay international on a new long-term contract.

    Anfield officials are in negotiations with Suárez's representatives over an improved deal for the striker, who scored his 14th goal of the season for Liverpool in their 2-1 defeat of Everton in the FA Cup semi-final. Irrespective of a new contract, the 25-year-old insists he will be at Liverpool next season and will not reciprocate interest from a team who have qualified for the Champions League this summer.

    "Yes I will continue at Liverpool," said Suárez. "It is obvious I will continue. I have four years left on my contract and I am very happy and content to be here and I hope good things continue."

    Paris St-Germain were the first club to register an interest in Suárez after he was banned for eight matches for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra. The former Ajax captain attracted further condemnation when he refused to shake Evra's hand at Old Trafford in February, including from his own club, but cited the controversial support he received from Kenny Dalglish and his Liverpool team-mates as key to his desire to stay. Suárez said: "I am over that. Obviously the important thing was the support from all the people and there is no need to talk about that as it is already in the past."

    The striker's contentment is a major relief for Dalglish and Fenway Sports Group, which last week sacked Damien Comolli as the director of football over the poor return from Liverpool's other expensive recruits and can plan their transfer strategy around Suárez this summer. "It is vitally important he stays," said the defender Jamie Carragher. "He is a fantastic player and I thought he was our best player against Everton. I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the league. I see no reason why he would want to leave. He is playing well so hopefully he will sign a new contract, which he is expecting to do."

    One potential problem for Liverpool with Suárez this summer is his openness to the prospect of playing for his country at the Olympic Games. He said: "All my team‑mates are saying we all want to go to the Olympic Games and play as Uruguay has not been there for a long time, but it also depends on the club and the coach of the team who has to pick the players. All of that has to be in order."

    Suárez, left, was again the focus of opposition anger at Wembley, where his theatrics and a running feud with John Heitinga prompted Evertonian criticism, and he admitted the barracking has been an issue. He said: "A lot of things happen in football. It's difficult and it's complicated but you have to deal with it and get used to it. It's normal in football when it's a rival as difficult as Everton. The important thing is we came through it and, not just me, but all my team‑mates responded in the best way possible.

    "At the end my joy was for my wife and my daughter, and my sister and niece who came from Uruguay, and my father-in-law who came from Barcelona. They made a huge effort to be here so my joy was for all the sacrifices they make for me, and the sacrifices by all the people from Liverpool and all the support they've given us despite not having good moments in recent times."

    Brad Jones, meanwhile, said he has no argument with handing the goalkeeper's jersey back to José Reina for the FA Cup final after producing a solid display against Everton. The Australian, third choice before suspension ruled Reina and Alexander Doni out of the semi-final, fell to his knees at the final whistle and dedicated his performance to his late son, Luca. He accepts, however, that a return to the margins now beckons. "I'm a realist," said Jones. "Pepe is one of the best in the world. It's up to him to go and get us a trophy now. I've told him that already."

    Luis Suárez to sign longer-term contract with 'supportive' Liverpool | Football | The Guardian

  23. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    How am i anti hillsborough from a joke i saw somewhere (didnt make up myself). I feel deeply for families and all parties involved but my problem is with Liverpool in general nothing to do with Hillsborough. My problem is that your club cant seem to take any responcibilty for these things but pin the blame on anything and everything else.
    Jokes about a disaster which saw 96 people die are a bit sick really, whether you made it up or not. Take responsibility for what exactly? The blame doesn't lie with us, we never caused the disaster, the reason we fight for justice is to exterminate that myth which far too many people around the country seem to believe. You expect us to play on a day which affects not only the club but a fair amount of match-goers, families around Liverpool which isn't just us reds it's Everton fans too. The memorial is special to so many people, it'd be impossible to hold it whilst we're in the cup semi-final against Everton, it's just not a feasible option. It's absolutely pathetic, life comes before football and how Chelsea can criticise us I'll never know, half-wit fans of an absolutely plastic club.

    And the fact use cannot keep quiet for a minute to respect the 96 and Morosini who died the other day speaks volumes about your fan-base doesn't it? Added onto the fact use couldn't even do it after the tsunami a few years ago. I've never really cared about Chelsea, a small club which is run terribly but when the fans repeatedly disrespect the dead it sickens me really. I think Chelsea need to learn it goes further than football sometimes.

    Justice for the 96, Rest in peace.

    Y.N.W.A.
    Lee, iamauser, Aannddyy and 2 others like this.

  24. Aye that's a well written post, especially when it's easy for many people go off on one calling each other names.

    The last paragraph struck a chord with me, it's about 96 people who died, and the desperately unlucky footballer Morosini from Italy. Take club politics out of it, take fan partisanship and rivalry out of it, and just don't forget you're remembering people who died. People who, just like you, went to watch the club they support play a match and expected nothing more than to see a good match, and ended the day dead.

    Those who disrupt by jeering and that sort of thing are as bad as people who vandalise WWII graves because they disagree with war, or they disagree with "Western Oppression". Again, they are people who have families, and that should be respected whether you agree or not. I can understand if Chelsea fans (indeed any fans!) have an issue with blame or whatever else, but you can't argue for the need to honour the dead, just as I hope people will have enough respect to honour me if I end up in the wrong place at the wrong time somewhere, like those 96 poor people, many of them children.
    Last edited by rephlex; 16/04/2012 at 02:34 PM.
    Ben and Chokopop like this.

  25. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Aannddyy View Post
    Did you write for The Sun in 1989 by any chance?

    It's been proven many times by many different organisations that it was poor policing that led to the disaster. So get your facts right before you come in here.
    Ok so say it was poor policing them people who went in didn't have tickets so why did they even go in?? Its a combination of poor policing and scumbags who forced the incident. Just because i have a different view on the incident make me sick not does it?? Where have i slated the dead or said people shouldn't remember them, my question is where was your minutes silence for Munich this season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Jokes about a disaster which saw 96 people die are a bit sick really, whether you made it up or not. Take responsibility for what exactly? The blame doesn't lie with us, we never caused the disaster, the reason we fight for justice is to exterminate that myth which far too many people around the country seem to believe. You expect us to play on a day which affects not only the club but a fair amount of match-goers, families around Liverpool which isn't just us reds it's Everton fans too. The memorial is special to so many people, it'd be impossible to hold it whilst we're in the cup semi-final against Everton, it's just not a feasible option. It's absolutely pathetic, life comes before football and how Chelsea can criticise us I'll never know, half-wit fans of an absolutely plastic club.

    And the fact use cannot keep quiet for a minute to respect the 96 and Morosini who died the other day speaks volumes about your fan-base doesn't it? Added onto the fact use couldn't even do it after the tsunami a few years ago. I've never really cared about Chelsea, a small club which is run terribly but when the fans repeatedly disrespect the dead it sickens me really. I think Chelsea need to learn it goes further than football sometimes.

    Justice for the 96, Rest in peace.

    Y.N.W.A.
    It was a fucking joke and a harsh joke which i stated before i posted it. The same with the harsh jokes that came out about 9/11, Maddie, Michael Jackson so on and so forth. The minute silence you refer too it was the Copenhagen fans chanting not the Chelsea fans and the Chelsea fans boo'd them after it. Chelsea fans criticise the way you blamed us for the Heysel disaster and i would also say where are Liverpool's minute silence for the Munich disaster every year? The Bradford fire? Its something i believe should be remembered by the club involved and anyone else who feels they want to. Either all or none thats all im saying. Where here am i criticising the dead or the disaster or anything of the kind, im fucking well not. And Chelsea used to be a small club but im afraid we are not anymore mate.

  26. LFCMarshall's Avatar LFCMarshall
    • LFCMarshall's Avatar
    • Quote Originally Posted by Jamie92 View Post
      Fantastic update, seriously it's quite amazing how much time and effort you have put into this. Premierleague is 99.99% perfect IMO!
      Quote Originally Posted by peskybendben View Post
      Another phenominal update there LFC! Simply outstanding, and by far the most complete and comprehensive update on the web today! I think I speak on behalf of everyone on this forum, when I say a huge thank you for this!
    YNWA.
    Barcelona are the only team in top 5 leagues in Europe to spend more time in opponents half than Liverpool have this season via whoscored

    Found this stat amazing, just shows how dominant we have been in the majority of games but it again proves how poor we have been in the final third

    We havent got someone who can make something out of nothing and we havent got a finisher...

  27. Quote Originally Posted by CJACKO11 View Post
    my question is where was your minutes silence for Munich this season?
    It was on the pitch before one of our games, can't remember the opponent. And no, we didn't chant during it, plastic boy.
    Lee likes this.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by LFCMarshall View Post
    Barcelona are the only team in top 5 leagues in Europe to spend more time in opponents half than Liverpool have this season via whoscored

    Found this stat amazing, just shows how dominant we have been in the majority of games but it again proves how poor we have been in the final third

    We havent got someone who can make something out of nothing and we havent got a finisher...
    Also if hitting the woodwork counted as a goal, Liverpool would be 4th.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by LFCMarshall View Post
    Barcelona are the only team in top 5 leagues in Europe to spend more time in opponents half than Liverpool have this season via whoscored
    That's not quite right, the person mistook what the stat actually meant...

    What the “action zone” stat tells us is the proportion of each teams total “actions” that take place in a specific third of the pitch. We don’t know if “actions” means “touches” or “passes” or a combination of the 2

    Also:
    “Own half” means Liverpool’s DEFENSIVE THIRD of the pitch
    “Middle” means the MIDDLE THIRD of the pitch
    “Opposition half” means the ATTACKING THIRD of the pitch

    So it should read “our proportion of total passes/touches in the attacking third (32%) is higher than anyone in the top 5 leagues except Barcelona”

    When you look at HOME GAMES only, our proportion increases to 35%, joint best along with Real and Barca!

    This doesn’t mean that we don’t take more touches in the final third than Barca, however it does tell me that on the face of it we have a fairly efficient attacking style. We get the ball forward forward fairly quickly and try to play in the attacking third. When you combine it with possession stats (Liverpool are 7th best in the PL) it’s a good indication that Liverpool have consistently taken the game to opponents and played near their goal.

    Contrast with a team like Swansea who are 2nd to Arsenal in possession stats with 58% but top of the action zones for the middle third with 46%

  30. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Every single one of you needs to shut up. Now. Before people start getting bans. What happened was a disgrace, but it is not a platform either for Liverpool fans to start espousing shit about Chelsea.

    Grow up
    Steve* likes this.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Every single one of you needs to shut up. Now. Before people start getting bans. What happened was a disgrace, but it is not a platform either for Liverpool fans to start espousing shit about Chelsea.

    Grow up
    Well said, and also well said steve above.

    Not ok to joke about any tragedy in football, no matter the rivalry of your clubs or whatever.
    Steve* likes this.

  32. LFCMarshall's Avatar LFCMarshall
    • LFCMarshall's Avatar
    • Quote Originally Posted by Jamie92 View Post
      Fantastic update, seriously it's quite amazing how much time and effort you have put into this. Premierleague is 99.99% perfect IMO!
      Quote Originally Posted by peskybendben View Post
      Another phenominal update there LFC! Simply outstanding, and by far the most complete and comprehensive update on the web today! I think I speak on behalf of everyone on this forum, when I say a huge thank you for this!
    YNWA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That's not quite right, the person mistook what the stat actually meant...

    What the “action zone” stat tells us is the proportion of each teams total “actions” that take place in a specific third of the pitch. We don’t know if “actions” means “touches” or “passes” or a combination of the 2

    Also:
    “Own half” means Liverpool’s DEFENSIVE THIRD of the pitch
    “Middle” means the MIDDLE THIRD of the pitch
    “Opposition half” means the ATTACKING THIRD of the pitch

    So it should read “our proportion of total passes/touches in the attacking third (32%) is higher than anyone in the top 5 leagues except Barcelona”

    When you look at HOME GAMES only, our proportion increases to 35%, joint best along with Real and Barca!

    This doesn’t mean that we don’t take more touches in the final third than Barca, however it does tell me that on the face of it we have a fairly efficient attacking style. We get the ball forward forward fairly quickly and try to play in the attacking third. When you combine it with possession stats (Liverpool are 7th best in the PL) it’s a good indication that Liverpool have consistently taken the game to opponents and played near their goal.

    Contrast with a team like Swansea who are 2nd to Arsenal in possession stats with 58% but top of the action zones for the middle third with 46%
    Ah i understand,

    still quite an amazing stat no matter what way you look at it tho.. kinda highlights our poorness in the final third

  33. Zebedee's Avatar Zebedee
    • Zebedee's Avatar
    • In my football, the regista - the playmaker – is whoever had the ball. But if you have Makelele, he can’t do that. He doesn’t have the ideas to do it, although, of course, he’s great at winning the ball. It’s become all about specialists. Is football a collective and harmonious game? Or is it a question of putting x amount of talented players in and balancing them with y amount of specialists? - Sacchi
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LFCMarshall View Post
    Ah i understand,

    still quite an amazing stat no matter what way you look at it tho.. kinda highlights our poorness in the final third
    It could also indicate that teams are choosing to play us in a certain way and we've not yet figured out how to break them down. It's been a common problem for us for a long time - in fact, since Ged's very direct football which relied on very fast counter-attacks with pace to burn up front.

  34. LFCMarshall's Avatar LFCMarshall
    • LFCMarshall's Avatar
    • Quote Originally Posted by Jamie92 View Post
      Fantastic update, seriously it's quite amazing how much time and effort you have put into this. Premierleague is 99.99% perfect IMO!
      Quote Originally Posted by peskybendben View Post
      Another phenominal update there LFC! Simply outstanding, and by far the most complete and comprehensive update on the web today! I think I speak on behalf of everyone on this forum, when I say a huge thank you for this!
    YNWA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    It could also indicate that teams are choosing to play us in a certain way and we've not yet figured out how to break them down. It's been a common problem for us for a long time - in fact, since Ged's very direct football which relied on very fast counter-attacks with pace to burn up front.
    I think under Benitez we started showing signs, espeically when we finished 2nd that year... in all honesty we threw it way

    but the key to that was the core of the team

    Alonso - Masch
    Gerrard
    Torres

    It would have rivalled any in the world.. The team we have now simply is not at the same level to that, and its showing when we have to break teams down

  35. LFCMarshall's Avatar LFCMarshall
    • LFCMarshall's Avatar
    • Quote Originally Posted by Jamie92 View Post
      Fantastic update, seriously it's quite amazing how much time and effort you have put into this. Premierleague is 99.99% perfect IMO!
      Quote Originally Posted by peskybendben View Post
      Another phenominal update there LFC! Simply outstanding, and by far the most complete and comprehensive update on the web today! I think I speak on behalf of everyone on this forum, when I say a huge thank you for this!
    YNWA.
    This is unbelieavable ....

    We've all said it before but today could have been a rugby score. Yet we're behind?

    We have to sort out our attack

  36. Well that was a pile of wank.

  37. CJACKO11's Avatar CJACKO11
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoteeh View Post
    Well that was a pile of wank.
    Not for me lol.
    iGary likes this.

  38. oja20's Avatar oja20Premium Member
    Simmer down and pucker up
    Hi.
    Just want to say it was only a minority of Chelsea fans in the minutes silence. I'd like it if you didn't judge the club on some scum as I and I'm sure many others respect the minutes silence. Don't let others posting jokes about tragedy's go for the rest of the Chelsea fans, disgusting.

    I guess this is how we get a bad reputation and everyone has their opinion (rightfully so) but I just wish people wouldn't judge the club as a whole due to a minority.



    fun fact: In 2005 Liverpool came 5th and won the Champions League losing to Chelsea in the FA cup final, Chelsea could do the same this year!

    Anyway, I look forward to beating you's in the final
    Ride The Walrus and Alcaraz like this.

  39. Who would Liverpool fans like to see striker wise? I think Darren Bent could do a decent job for you

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Who would Liverpool fans like to see striker wise? I think Darren Bent could do a decent job for you
    Huntelaar, Llorente or Ballotelli. But none of them are realistic targets... My best reccomended player would maybe be Ricky Van Wolfswinkel. He wont be cheap though. Not entirely convinced by Darren Bent...

  41. Bent will get you 15 goals a season, but he'll also miss chances. I think he could do a good job for Liverpool though.
    GodCubed likes this.

  42. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    Huntelaar, Llorente or Ballotelli. But none of them are realistic targets... My best reccomended player would maybe be Ricky Van Wolfswinkel. He wont be cheap though. Not entirely convinced by Darren Bent...

    Why is that mate? I think he would be a good fit, fairly lazy but he can finish well and would probably be cheaper than those you have mentioned. Plus he has the bonus of having already played Prem football alot. Injuries may be a worry though....

  43. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Why is that mate? I think he would be a good fit, fairly lazy but he can finish well and would probably be cheaper than those you have mentioned. Plus he has the bonus of having already played Prem football alot. Injuries may be a worry though....
    Simply that reason. We need a striker who wont just wait for the ball to score. we need somebody who will chase the ball and Bent doesnt do that enough. And he would also be costly. Villa will be looking for a return on what he cost them so your looking at the 25-30m bracket and he isnt worth that. Thats why I suggested Van Wolfswinkel. He has good determaination and good finishing ability. He would also be considerably cheaper. About half the price of Bent.

    He has been mentioned a few times over the past few months and should welcome a move to us

  44. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    Simply that reason. We need a striker who wont just wait for the ball to score. we need somebody who will chase the ball and Bent doesnt do that enough. And he would also be costly. Villa will be looking for a return on what he cost them so your looking at the 25-30m bracket and he isnt worth that. Thats why I suggested Van Wolfswinkel. He has good determaination and good finishing ability. He would also be considerably cheaper. About half the price of Bent.

    He has been mentioned a few times over the past few months and should welcome a move to us
    For me, I think Liverpool may need somone who will just wait for his chance. They create a good amount of chances but need somthing else to finish it off (I may be wrong but thats from the matches I have watched - about 9 this season lol)

    How much would RVW cost?

  45. Quote Originally Posted by Steve* View Post
    Simply that reason. We need a striker who wont just wait for the ball to score. we need somebody who will chase the ball and Bent doesnt do that enough. And he would also be costly. Villa will be looking for a return on what he cost them so your looking at the 25-30m bracket and he isnt worth that. Thats why I suggested Van Wolfswinkel. He has good determaination and good finishing ability. He would also be considerably cheaper. About half the price of Bent.

    He has been mentioned a few times over the past few months and should welcome a move to us
    I think you're being a little harsh, actually. There was lots of talk from Capello about how his move to Villa improved Bent, but actually his only discernible improvement was his work rate. When he first arrived, for example, and we played City, he spent the entire match hassling and running for the ball. He's no slouch anymore. Sure, he's not Rooney, but still.

    The only sticking point is indeed the price. We'll be looking for lots, since we have him on a long-termer and want to keep him. If he wants to go - and it's likely he would - the price may come down a little, but again it's supply and demand. The demand for proven, experienced Premier League goalscorers who more or less guarantee you double figures is sky high, and the realistic supply is basically just Bent.

  46. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    For me, I think Liverpool may need somone who will just wait for his chance. They create a good amount of chances but need somthing else to finish it off (I may be wrong but thats from the matches I have watched - about 9 this season lol)

    How much would RVW cost?
    Yeah we need somebody to take the chances but they still have to get in the position to do so. Bent always liked to see the ball fed to him. Em from what iv heard he would cost about £15M. Which would be at least £10m cheaper than Bent.

    Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    I think you're being a little harsh, actually. There was lots of talk from Capello about how his move to Villa improved Bent, but actually his only discernible improvement was his work rate. When he first arrived, for example, and we played City, he spent the entire match hassling and running for the ball. He's no slouch anymore. Sure, he's not Rooney, but still.

    The only sticking point is indeed the price. We'll be looking for lots, since we have him on a long-termer and want to keep him. If he wants to go - and it's likely he would - the price may come down a little, but again it's supply and demand. The demand for proven, experienced Premier League goalscorers who more or less guarantee you double figures is sky high, and the realistic supply is basically just Bent.
    Fair enough, i may not have seen enough of him over the past few months but anytime i watch him he never puts himself out there for an attack and waits for the ball. But as I say, I havnt seen enough of him this season to justify this. I agree about the price, your not going to take a loss on him and demand for proven pl scorers are gone through the roof. We could already be priced out of a move. Strong rumours we will only have about £20m to play about with in the summer due to FFP which means we would spend our entire budget on him and then some.

  47. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    van Wolfswinkel. No thanks.

    I like Bent, but he'd cost too much, and he's not exactly a spring chicken anymore.

    Honestly I doubt we'll sign a striker, even though we badly need one.

  48. Whats wrong with RVW?

  49. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Whats wrong with RVW?
    Nothing in my eyes, he looks very decent and I think him moving to the Premier League would want to make him prove he can do it in a tougher league. Probably Liverpool's best hope, I would go for him over Darren Bent.

  50. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Nothing in my eyes, he looks very decent and I think him moving to the Premier League would want to make him prove he can do it in a tougher league. Probably Liverpool's best hope, I would go for him over Darren Bent.
    ^^My thoughts exactly. And he cant be much worse at finishing than Suarez....

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO