Like Tree39111Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. Quote Originally Posted by hughesman View Post
    Personally, I'd disagree as we may have Shaw and Darmian, but they are our only senior team full backs. Yes we have young and Valencia, but they are not natural full backs in any way. Yes, CBJ and Varela have both impressed me this season, but they are young and have a significantly high chance of being loaned out this season to further their development because (fingers crossed) Shaw and Darmian will be fit and they won't have game time. Rojo is better of in CB and has been ineffectual (to be kind) at LB this season.

    Also, we don't have good depth in CB. We have Smalling, Jones is a walking injury waiting to happen. Blind has done his job well but should be moved back into his CDM role. McNair is not going to last at United even though I like him.

    Finally TFM, while a wonderful talent, is someone I would love to see playing in that Carrick role and could be an absolute destroyer in that position.

    I would agree we need quality CB to be paired with Chris, but we do need some deeper, more senior squad members that can fill those roles. It has been great watching all the youth this season, in fact the only highlight. But top teams never rely on youth like we have this season.
    FBs - Darmian, Shaw, Varela, CBJ, Valencia, Riley
    People who can play FB- TFM, Blind, Young, Rojo

    CBs- Smalling, Jones, Rojo, McNair, Tuanzebe, Williams, Poole
    People who can play CB- TFM, Blind, CBJ, Carrick

    like I said as of now we have enough FBs and depth in CBs. We can't talk about this might happen and so on I was talking about as the squad is now. I think priority is a Quality CB starter, a STR, a right winger, and a CM

  2. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Exactly. If we were to sell Lingard, we'd then have to pay large amounts of money for someone to be a squad player, waste of effort and resources
    He personifies exactly the team that we have become. Mediocre.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post
    FBs - Darmian, Shaw, Varela, CBJ, Valencia, Riley
    People who can play FB- TFM, Blind, Young, Rojo

    CBs- Smalling, Jones, Rojo, McNair, Tuanzebe, Williams, Poole
    People who can play CB- TFM, Blind, CBJ, Carrick

    like I said as of now we have enough FBs and depth in CBs. We can't talk about this might happen and so on I was talking about as the squad is now. I think priority is a Quality CB starter, a STR, a right winger, and a CM
    I agree with your last bit, our priority should be STR, CM, RM and top class CB, I just also think outside of Darmian and Shaw our other options are people who do not naturally play in that position are quite short and people like Poole, Williams Tuanzebe etc.. while certainly have potential, are all very young.

    I'm not saying go out and buy someone for this RB/LB positions, just suggesting a free signing that could bolster the squad with an older, established player. This type of guy (Van Der Weil) could be someone to learn from for the youngsters (including Shaw in that group) in the same way we should of had Evra teaching Shaw. As we are lacking in that department.
    Theatre of dreams likes this.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by MANUMAD View Post
    He personifies exactly the team that we have become. Mediocre.
    I would agree with that. I wouldn't suggest selling him, but dumping him on in an injury crisis wouldn't be to bad. But he should be no where near the first team, he has been especially wasteful at times and it annoys me when commentators say he has an eye for goal because he quite clearly does not.
    MANUMAD likes this.

  5. If we let Carrick we need to replace him with a player that can dictate tempo. I think Schneiderlin can play the B2B role but we need a proper destroyer and a playmaker. Yes we are looking at playing Rooney there but if it doesn't work out as we hope we need someone to come in and play. I would like Kroos, we could play him in #10 and if needs be drop him back and let him play the role Roo is playing atm. Although needs someone like schneiderlin (Southampton form) to do the dirty work.

    I think we need a smart CB with the ability to play out from the back. Blind has masked Smalling's inefficiencies this season and we can't let that overrule the point that the CB pairing needs to be well suited to each other. As good as Blind has been he isn't a natural in that position and I can't see him starting next season. I think the best fit for what we are looking for is possibly one of the CBs at Bayern that's gonna be available with Hummels moving there, perhaps Laporte (I know injured) but if we could steal the sale that looks likely to city then that could be a good partnership. Maybe Varane but can't see that personally.

    Striker we need to bring in quality for a few seasons to take the pressure off the young crop and give them development time. Ibra could be our modern day Cantona. Give that arrogance and swagger back to the team and lead them to their first proper title. Also a winner which we seem to be lacking significantly at United atm.

    I think RW ferghouli on a free would be a good choice, not a lot on wages and RW availability is little to none atm unless we go and spend big but that's no guarantee.

    But the most important thing about this window is definitely trying to keep hold of big Dave, I mean he is our only world class player currently. Best player in the team and the only reason we finished with any european football at all.
    Average Joe likes this.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by England66 View Post
    If we let Carrick we need to replace him with a player that can dictate tempo. I think Schneiderlin can play the B2B role but we need a proper destroyer and a playmaker. Yes we are looking at playing Rooney there but if it doesn't work out as we hope we need someone to come in and play. I would like Kroos, we could play him in #10 and if needs be drop him back and let him play the role Roo is playing atm. Although needs someone like schneiderlin (Southampton form) to do the dirty work.

    I think we need a smart CB with the ability to play out from the back. Blind has masked Smalling's inefficiencies this season and we can't let that overrule the point that the CB pairing needs to be well suited to each other. As good as Blind has been he isn't a natural in that position and I can't see him starting next season. I think the best fit for what we are looking for is possibly one of the CBs at Bayern that's gonna be available with Hummels moving there, perhaps Laporte (I know injured) but if we could steal the sale that looks likely to city then that could be a good partnership. Maybe Varane but can't see that personally.

    Striker we need to bring in quality for a few seasons to take the pressure off the young crop and give them development time. Ibra could be our modern day Cantona. Give that arrogance and swagger back to the team and lead them to their first proper title. Also a winner which we seem to be lacking significantly at United atm.

    I think RW ferghouli on a free would be a good choice, not a lot on wages and RW availability is little to none atm unless we go and spend big but that's no guarantee.

    But the most important thing about this window is definitely trying to keep hold of big Dave, I mean he is our only world class player currently. Best player in the team and the only reason we finished with any european football at all.
    Him and Martial...I feel like martial deserves 50% of the credit.

    De gea didn't save us this season as regularly as he did the season before
    Tyton likes this.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    Him and Martial...I feel like martial deserves 50% of the credit.

    De gea didn't save us this season as regularly as he did the season before
    Yup. Most of the games he didn't have much work at all.

    Sure, defense shat the bed quite a few times, but overall they keep amount of opposition chances to minimum.

  8. Zidane and Navas agent have both said that Navas will be number 1 at Real next season.
    MANUMAD and Bujakaa like this.

  9. Apparently us and Arsenal have bid 40m for Morata.

  10. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member
    • sunilvk7's Avatar


    • Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    SAF greatest ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post
    Apparently us and Arsenal have bid 40m for Morata.
    Waste of money.

  11. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member
    • sunilvk7's Avatar


    • Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    SAF greatest ever.
    Apparently Ever Banega will move to Inter on free transfer. Once again chance missed with him. I said many times that we have to sign him and still stand by it. He is awesome on the ball and showed it again in the last 2 years. I remember having numerous debates on signing Banega and also Dembele.

    Dont mind missing out on Dembele but Banega was a big miss. Hopefully he keeps up his form at Inter. Lovely player to watch.
    MANUMAD likes this.

  12. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MANUMAD View Post
    He personifies exactly the team that we have become. Mediocre.
    We won trophies with players like that, because they will fin where needed.

    Upgrade on him for starting slot? Sure

    But selling him is a waste of money.

  13. Click image for larger version

Name:	F738C151FF2C4F908CAD080D41A5BB43.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1052538

    Glad to see Shaw back in training (yes, I know he's been training with the first team for weeks now ), but look at that right leg where the stitches were. Phew, fcking Moreno...the kid will never forget that tackle.

    Btw, any predictions for the cup final guys?

    I'd bet an easy 3-0, 2-0 United win.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by sunilvk7 View Post
    Apparently Ever Banega will move to Inter on free transfer. Once again chance missed with him. I said many times that we have to sign him and still stand by it. He is awesome on the ball and showed it again in the last 2 years. I remember having numerous debates on signing Banega and also Dembele.

    Dont mind missing out on Dembele but Banega was a big miss. Hopefully he keeps up his form at Inter. Lovely player to watch.
    Yeah read Mancini statement about him a couple weeks back. Said last night would of been a good signing.
    sunilvk7 likes this.

  15. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member
    • sunilvk7's Avatar


    • Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    SAF greatest ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MANUMAD View Post
    If you think that Valencia is of the standard that we need for the team we must become (ie best in UK at least) then I cannot say anything else.

    Also:

    1. On EMERY. He is one of the better managers around but he has never proved himself with any consistency in a league format. So Im amazed that you re even discussing him as an option. Imho we must be going after the very top managers. Mourinho is the only one such manager who is available. Our current set up/predicament practically screams for Cholo SIMEONE but he is ensconced in Athletico.

    2. Lingard is NOT a UTD player ffs. He is very limited and wont EVER get better. He can barely dribble, cant really cross and defo cant shoot (straight). I am shocked that this is not obvious to people on this forum. Imho we should get rid or at the very least have him as a squad player.
    Same Valencia swept all the awards when we won league multiple times. Well not exactly same Valencia but same person.

    Valencia is very underrated player. His final ball is bit lacking but what he offers to team is very important. Carrick few years back said it, Valencia carrying ball 50-60 yards towards opposition goal relives pressure on ManUtd players. He is excellent outlet to pass and he is very much capable of retaining possession whilst carrying the ball 50 yards away from the goal. We don't have anyone who can offer that.

    IMO playing him as RB is bit of an issue as he lacks so many things to be a very good RB but he is a decent one. He should be playing as RW instead of Lingard. Better in every possible way.

    Also his first touch is among the best in the squad which he never got much credit for. He knows how to stretch defense and provide width, something out wingers and full backs lack.

    In short, Valencia is a very good player to have. We can obviously sign upgrade on him but he is not the problem. Also absolute professional, not a single worry for any manager and he even sacked his agent to stay at ManUtd.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by sunilvk7 View Post
    Apparently Ever Banega will move to Inter on free transfer. Once again chance missed with him. I said many times that we have to sign him and still stand by it. He is awesome on the ball and showed it again in the last 2 years. I remember having numerous debates on signing Banega and also Dembele.

    Dont mind missing out on Dembele but Banega was a big miss. Hopefully he keeps up his form at Inter. Lovely player to watch.
    I remember i brought up benat
    sunilvk7 likes this.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by sunilvk7 View Post
    Apparently Ever Banega will move to Inter on free transfer. Once again chance missed with him. I said many times that we have to sign him and still stand by it. He is awesome on the ball and showed it again in the last 2 years. I remember having numerous debates on signing Banega and also Dembele.

    Dont mind missing out on Dembele but Banega was a big miss. Hopefully he keeps up his form at Inter. Lovely player to watch.
    Yeah read Mancini confirmed it about week ago. Would have been very good signing on a free.

  18. From the presser also said Rojo and Darmian will be fit-


    Here's a little more from Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal.

    Asked whether it was a particularly important game for himself, given the amount of speculation surrounding his future, he replied:"I think the interests of the club are much more important than the manager.

    "Of course, you have put your own aims. [Winning the FA Cup] is one I have always had. But close is not enough.You have to win it. I have read that the last FA Cup is 2004, so also for Manchester United it is a big title.

    "We are playing in the most prestigious temple of England. It confirms how important it is."


    ----

    It was also pointed out to Louis van Gaal that victory on Saturday would secure Manchester United's first trophy since Sir Alex Ferguson retired.

    "For me it is not the most interesting point," he replied.

    "We are able to win something, now we can win something but still you have nothing, it is always a final you cannot predict. First we have to win.

    "It is not good to speak about my interests. It is important for the club, the players, the manager and his staff. We have played four matches of six away. We deserve to win. But Crystal Palace beat Tottenham so it is also deserved they are at the final."

  19. Lingard is really mediocre though, I mean he is like a blunt weapon in the attack majority of the time, therefore being practically useless. He works hard I'll give him that, but lacks quality on the ball and struggles to beat a man.

    He can be a backup of a backup, but if we're ever going to be back at the level we once were I wouldn't keep him.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Lingard is really mediocre though, I mean he is like a blunt weapon in the attack majority of the time, therefore being practically useless. He works hard I'll give him that, but lacks quality on the ball and struggles to beat a man.

    He can be a backup of a backup, but if we're ever going to be back at the level we once were I wouldn't keep him.
    his intelligence on a field is actually very good and his movement also he is good a creating space for others and comiting defenders. If his finishing was better he would be a very good player. He gets in some very good goal scoring possitions.

  21. Didn't realise TFM was named in the Holland upcoming squad. Great news!!


  22. Irish Sun Sport– Verified account [email protected]




    EXCLUSIVE: LvG to be offered #MUFC director of football role to let Mourinho in as as boss http://spr.ly/6019BUiaD

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post
    I'd give LVG a role with the youth tbh. He seems to have a knack for that.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Puddz View Post
    I'd give LVG a role with the youth tbh. He seems to have a knack for that.
    Yep youth coach and that would be it.

  25. Ashley Fletcher scored again for Barnsley tonight and play in the play off final. Developed really well this season.

  26. Modern Day Legend
    LVG actually took to the podium so to speak and said your expectations are unrealistic?

    As funny as that is, and hilarious brilliant as his delusions are for us to see unravel at Utd; just HOW is he still in a job after that nugget?

    He does realise who he's managing right?
    MANUMAD likes this.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    LVG actually took to the podium so to speak and said your expectations are unrealistic?

    As funny as that is, and hilarious brilliant as his delusions are for us to see unravel at Utd; just HOW is he still in a job after that nugget?

    He does realise who he's managing right?
    I remember his speech last year, he was like "we'll win the league next season"

    He also said he was targeting the UCL final.

    The change of tune and the difference from last year's is pretty hilarious

    Truth is, i never really expected us to win the title but i expected progress.

    This isn't unrealistic. That's my expectations lowered actually.

    He's spent 250 million and we look like a side faaar from challenging for anything major in the near future

    All his signings, bar martial, have made little to no impact.
    MANUMAD likes this.


  28. Sport Witness– [email protected]_Witness




    Lovely story about young footballer Paulo Costa, waiting to hear if Man United want him. #MUFC http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/t...o-sign-him-at-

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post
    Didn't realise TFM was named in the Holland upcoming squad. Great news!!
    He isn't in the squad, mate, but he still has a lot of time.

    UEFA EURO 2016 - Netherlands - Squad - UEFA.com

  30. Quote Originally Posted by sunilvk7 View Post
    Apparently Ever Banega will move to Inter on free transfe
    If that happens I will be fuming again. Sort of player AC need, didn't know he would be available free too!

    Upgrade on what we have, not a massive amount but better. On a free, no brainer
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    LVG actually took to the podium so to speak and said your expectations are unrealistic?

    As funny as that is, and hilarious brilliant as his delusions are for us to see unravel at Utd; just HOW is he still in a job after that nugget?

    He does realise who he's managing right?
    I think what he actually meant has been lost in translation a bit. When he said expectations are too high, I think what he meant was how can we meet expectations when we have had less than half a squad for the majority of the season? We have had to rely on u18/u21 players who have never kicked a ball in the first team before for the majority of the season, yet we have still finished level on points with City. I think what he means is the fans should recognise this and realise that we have actually done quite well. Yes it could and should proabably have been better. But still, for our team the way it has been for most of the season, we have done pretty well to finish level with City, allbeit on the wrong side.

    He said himself, when we had a full fit squad, we was top of the league and playing some pretty good stuff. Shaw's injury was the turning point, and we never quite recovered with all the injuries. If it wasnt for the injuries, who knows what would have happened.

    So to sum it up. No he doesnt think the fans expectations are too high. With a fully fit squad we would have challenged for the title if the start of the season was anything to go by. But when all the injuries happened, most fans still had those same expectations despite us playing kids week in week out and half a team. We wouldnt have those expectations if our u21 team was in the premiership, so why would fans expect us to challenge on all fronts with half the squad made up of u18's and u21's? I think thats what he means.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    If that happens I will be fuming again. Sort of player AC need, didn't know he would be available free too!

    Upgrade on what we have, not a massive amount but better. On a free, no brainer
    Clubs already confirmed it.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by razielioux View Post
    He isn't in the squad, mate, but he still has a lot of time.

    UEFA EURO 2016 - Netherlands - Squad - UEFA.com
    Sorry was just called up for some friendlies
    razielioux likes this.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    I think what he actually meant has been lost in translation a bit. When he said expectations are too high, I think what he meant was how can we meet expectations when we have had less than half a squad for the majority of the season? We have had to rely on u18/u21 players who have never kicked a ball in the first team before for the majority of the season, yet we have still finished level on points with City. I think what he means is the fans should recognise this and realise that we have actually done quite well. Yes it could and should proabably have been better. But still, for our team the way it has been for most of the season, we have done pretty well to finish level with City, allbeit on the wrong side.

    He said himself, when we had a full fit squad, we was top of the league and playing some pretty good stuff. Shaw's injury was the turning point, and we never quite recovered with all the injuries. If it wasnt for the injuries, who knows what would have happened.

    So to sum it up. No he doesnt think the fans expectations are too high. With a fully fit squad we would have challenged for the title if the start of the season was anything to go by. But when all the injuries happened, most fans still had those same expectations despite us playing kids week in week out and half a team. We wouldnt have those expectations if our u21 team was in the premiership, so why would fans expect us to challenge on all fronts with half the squad made up of u18's and u21's? I think thats what he means.
    Is that you LVG?


  35. Kaveh Solhekol– Verified account [email protected]




    From Sky's James Cooper - Manchester United not planning on appointing director of football & no parade IF they win FA Cup #MUFC



  36. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post
    Clubs already confirmed it.
    Well that sucks but I can't see any confirmation mate, where did you see that?

    Closest I've found is

    "Zanetti suggests Banega deal is done"

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Well that sucks but I can't see any confirmation mate, where did you see that?

    Closest I've found is

    "Zanetti suggests Banega deal is done"
    read a direct quote from Mancini. Will post it later. Or check on the transfer thread.

  38. Is it true were not having a parade if we win the FA cup? My mates just told me he read it today.

  39. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post

    Kaveh Solhekol– Verified account [email protected]




    From Sky's James Cooper - Manchester United not planning on appointing director of football & no parade IF they win FA Cup #MUFC


    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post
    Is it true were not having a parade if we win the FA cup? My mates just told me he read it today.
    I find that staggering.

    Always been one of the best parts of winning a cup for me. The open top bus parade. I hate that it's now grown the PL era into league titles. They should be at the ground as they always were when you got it presented the last home game.

    But an FA Cup win without going around on the bus to thank the fans and have them thank you and share in it? What's that all about?

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    I find that staggering.

    Always been one of the best parts of winning a cup for me. The open top bus parade. I hate that it's now grown the PL era into league titles. They should be at the ground as they always were when you got it presented the last home game.

    But an FA Cup win without going around on the bus to thank the fans and have them thank you and share in it? What's that all about?
    there be a few book shops with open windows on the route

  41. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    I find that staggering.

    Always been one of the best parts of winning a cup for me. The open top bus parade. I hate that it's now grown the PL era into league titles. They should be at the ground as they always were when you got it presented the last home game.

    But an FA Cup win without going around on the bus to thank the fans and have them thank you and share in it? What's that all about?
    Having a parade after the crappy season we had would be ridiculous. So good decision imho!
    sunilvk7 and Tyton like this.

  42. I think we have outgrown doing parades for domestic titles now. Only small clubs (City + Liverpool ) have parades for anything and everything now lol
    sunilvk7 and MANUMAD like this.

  43. Bit depressing to see people not bothered about winning the FA Cup these days
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  44. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member
    • sunilvk7's Avatar


    • Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    SAF greatest ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MANUMAD View Post
    Having a parade after the crappy season we had would be ridiculous. So good decision imho!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    I think we have outgrown doing parades for domestic titles now. Only small clubs (City + Liverpool ) have parades for anything and everything now lol
    When most of the fan base wants manager out it would be ridiculous to parade FA cup with Manager who is very close to being hate figure.

    Should just get on with the post season activities. After such a crappy season no one would bother to turn up.

  45. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member
    • sunilvk7's Avatar


    • Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    SAF greatest ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Bit depressing to see people not bothered about winning the FA Cup these days
    People are not talking about not winning FA cup, it's about not parading if ManUtd win the cup.

    Saying that, I don't think we will win it. Our game play is too crappy and suits Crystal palace very much.

  46. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Bit depressing to see people not bothered about winning the FA Cup these days
    With yer mate but all the big clubs are as much to blame as anyone.

    They don't take it seriously now as much as they say otherwise which is criminal. Really think the 4th Champions League spot should go to the FA Cup winners. It'd boost both completion's competitiveness.
    Average Joe and steveorobbo like this.

  47. Quote Originally Posted by sunilvk7 View Post
    People are not talking about not winning FA cup, it's about not parading if ManUtd win the cup.

    Saying that, I don't think we will win it. Our game play is too crappy and suits Crystal palace very much.
    Saying it's a small trophy and not wanting to parade it doesn't sound great.

    If you cant win an FA cup and parade it then just give up on parades.

    Only thing to look forward to for United this season, celebrate it.

    (and yes Sunil, people are not generally that bothered. Big teams do not field their best squads throughout. Sadly when a small team wins it's the magic of the FA Cup, when Arsenal win it nobody cares. )
    Last edited by Average Joe; 20/05/2016 at 03:00 PM.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  48. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    With yer mate but all the big clubs are as much to blame as anyone.

    They don't take it seriously now as much as they say otherwise which is criminal. Really think the 4th Champions League spot should go to the FA Cup winners. It'd boost both completion's competitiveness.
    I'll be loving it if Milan can win the Copa Italia tomorrow, and we would get the benefit of Europe as a huge bonus. But....Juve lol
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  49. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member
    • sunilvk7's Avatar


    • Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    SAF greatest ever.
    Not having a good feeling about cup finals. Had same feeling against Everton too, it's very hard to be positive this season and every game I feel we will lose. At least Van Gaal tell my expectations are very high.

    I have lot of respect for Van Gaal and his career but he is turning into laughing stock changing objectives whenever it suits him. Last season in the awards ceremony and also after last game he said we were close to being champions and we will win it, now that we are 5th he says expectations are very high.

    For a ManUtd manager after spending 200 plus million reaching at least 4th is expecting too much then he better pack his bags as soon as the final is done. Doing his very best to lower expectations to such a level that fans should be happy with just 10 mins of good game here and there.

    Hopefully Jose is signed ASAP and also Ibra. Two signings that will be a massive boost to the club.

  50. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member
    • sunilvk7's Avatar


    • Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      ‘In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
    SAF greatest ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Saying it's a small trophy and not wanting to parade it doesn't sound great.

    If you cant win an FA cup and parade it then just give up on parades.

    Only thing to look forward to for United this season, celebrate it.

    (and yes Sunil, people are not generally that bothered. Big teams do not field their best squads throughout. Sadly when a small team wins it's the magic of the FA Cup, when Arsenal win it nobody cares. )
    Not sure on the parade. If we had a decent season playing good football then would have made sense. This season has nothing to celebrate and I'm sure parade would be piss poor with few thousand people.

    It would be great if ManUtd can win FA cup which we haven't for 12 years. Very unlucky in FA cup with referee mistakes costing us few times but parading it? Like I said it would be poor show.

    Big teams don't field their best squad just like they don't in Europa league. When it comes to QFs and above teams take it seriously.

    Also none of our players have won FA cup except Mata who won it with Chelsea. They will be excited and up for it as any team which they showed it against Everton. Once the team reaches QF every competition is taken seriously.
    Last edited by sunilvk7; 20/05/2016 at 03:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO