Like Tree38741Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Wow, 4-1. Mourinho obviously hasn't clicked with the players. Not sure he understands how the club is run. Quite an embarrassment to be thumped so badly already.

Not looking hopeful. Wouldn't be surprised if Jose quits before the season starts if he doesn't get Pogba.

Calm down just joking.
    thay have a cave troll
    Tyton and Theatre of dreams like this.

2. Daniel Feliciano– [email protected]

Confirmation of Varela to Frankfurt on a season long loan #MUFC

3. Modern Day Legend
    I'll call this ..... Different approaches in the transfer market. .

The Manchester United Thread-cn-vy4xvyaauq4h.jpg
    Chelski Shogun likes this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post

Attachment 1068381
    Wait you are not really comparing Pog with Milner of all people?!! Wtf?

Or is this a wind up?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

5. All that Milner needs to be worth a 100 million dolla, is change his name to Millerinho.

6. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    All that Milner needs to be worth a 100 million dolla, is change his name to Millerinho.
    Millerba?
    Tyton likes this.

7. Modern Day Legend
    Figured yers all would like this on the kid they reckon was the best talent of the lot, Giggs, Sharpe et all included. Adrian Doherty :

CityTalk: Forever Young - The Anfield Wrap

Around the 19:11 mark is where you want to be. Unless you want to listen to chat on L'pool FC and the L'pool music scene like. Then listen to it all. .
    Last edited by Scouseinthehouse; 22/07/2016 at 09:26 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Figured yers all would like this on the kid they reckon was the best talent of the lot, Giggs, Sharpe et all included. Adrian Doherty :

Around the 19:11 mark is where you want to be. Unless you want to listen to chat on L'pool FC and the L'pool music scene like. Then listen to it all. .
    i have seen this on the one show or something like it the kid was ment to even better than most of the class of 92 but dont think his hrat was in it he would some times after training would go into manchester busking
    ninjaskill likes this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post

Read the the piece in Guardian about it. Sad story, but far too much bleeding heart bullshit about club supposedly treating him badly and whatnot. If he was really that good, it was in United's best interest to do everything in their power to keep him healthy.

Same thing with all the bollocks about club initiations being some form of "bullying". Sport is a tough world, if you're too mentally weak to handle people slapping your ass for initiation, then you wouldn't be able to the pressure of games as a professional footballer. Not everybody has what it takes to be a professional, it is what it is.

Seems like lads parents are hell bent on looking for something that just isn't there.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post

Attachment 1068381
    Its like you said the other day, the standard of defending in england is trash compared to a league were defense is their game

11. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    Its like you said the other day, the standard of defending in england is trash compared to a league were defense is their game
    Totally aside from messing with Pogba, have you seen the standard of Serie A defences these days?

12. No new developments on Pogba this evening [media set]

13. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post
    No new developments on Pogba this evening [media set]
    well no news is good news am i right
    Theatre of dreams likes this.

14. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MANUMAD View Post
    Wait you are not really comparing Pog with Milner of all people?!! Wtf?

Or is this a wind up?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Hmmm. Intersting. That may well be your new sig for a season after you've lost our bet. Professing your love for Milner haha.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Hmmm. Intersting. That may well be your new sig for a season after you've lost our bet. Professing your love for Milner haha.
    what bet

16. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    what bet
    Signature bet, which is about all we can do on here, between MANUMAD and I on who will finish higher the league next year. L'pool or Utd.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post

Attachment 1068381
    Milner has a far better Twitter account but that is it

18. Globoesporte reported that Manchester United told Palmeiras that whatever City is paying for Gabriel Jesus, we will make a better offer. Reliable source.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Totally aside from messing with Pogba, have you seen the standard of Serie A defences these days?
    Yeah...they defend like thugs

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

20. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    Yeah...they defend like thugs

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk
    I'll take that as a no then.

Don't confuse the old school Italian defending off the National side (or Juve, which is nigh on the same) for the club sides. The standard has WELL fallen across the board.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    I'll take that as a no then.

Don't confuse the old school Italian defending off the National side (or Juve, which is nigh on the same) for the club sides. The standard has WELL fallen across the board.
    i rember when 2-0 was a huge win in italy
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

22. The standard of defending is falling everywhere, so you can't make arguments that moving from one league to another will magically enhance someone's performance. I'd pay good money to see how Messi and Ronaldo would do in 90s Serie A.

23. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    Globoesporte reported that Manchester United told Palmeiras that whatever City is paying for Gabriel Jesus, we will make a better offer. Reliable source.
    Is money going out of style or something? While I know the club earns a lot of money the spending is really getting quite big

24. Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskill View Post
    Is money going out of style or something? While I know the club earns a lot of money the spending is really getting quite big
    think its like that film where the guy has to spend 30m in 30 days to get his hands on 300m

25. Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskill View Post
    I'm not sure why the club wants to sign G. Jesus. We already have Martial and Rashford.
    razielioux likes this.

26. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    I'm not sure why the club wants to sign G. Jesus. We already have Martial and Rashford.
    Maybe to play right wing where he plays a lot. Maybe Martial will stay as winger. Or maybe to replace Rooney and Zlatan in the near future.

27. Mike Keegan– Verified account [email protected]_DM

Massimiliano Allegri, here in Melbourne with Juventus, has confirmed they are in talks with United over Paul Pogba. And the player could leave soon.
    razielioux likes this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post
    Maybe to play right wing where he plays a lot. Maybe Martial will stay as winger. Or maybe to replace Rooney and Zlatan in the near future.
    He doesn't play in the right, tho. So far, he has played in the left and as centre forward, in the 9 position. That's where he is most effective. I thought Rashford was supposed to replace Zlatan.

29. Mike Keegan– Verified account [email protected]_DM

Allegri (after signing Pjaca): 'He is another quality addition so whatever happens with Pogba to Utd, we will be in good shape.' #mufc
    5:39 pm - 22 Jul 2016
    131 RETWEETS70 LIKES.

30. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    He doesn't play in the right, tho. So far, he has played in the left and as centre forward, in the 9 position. That's where he is most effective. I thought Rashford was supposed to replace Zlatan.
    He has played on the right and Left. What happens when Zlatan and Rooney go. It looks like Wilsin and Jeane are on the way out also. Nothing wrong with getting another option in and especially one so highly rated.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post
    He has played on the right and Left. What happens when Zlatan and Rooney go. It looks like Wilsin and Jeane are on the way out also. Nothing wrong with getting another option in and especially one so highly rated.
    I watch him nearly every week and i never saw him play in the right. Check his profile on whoscored.
    I don't think Rooney is much of an attacker anymore. He will play at the 10 position.
    Anyways, he is an exciting talent. I just think that we are already packed with talent in the positions he plays.

32. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    I watch him nearly every week and i never saw him play in the right. Check his profile on whoscored.
    I don't think Rooney is much of an attacker anymore. He will play at the 10 position.
    Anyways, he is an exciting talent. I just think that we are already packed with talent in the positions he plays.
    He is for sure. Been impressed on his Brazil youth showings. Don't think we're stacked tbh. Zlatan could be gone next season. Same for Rooney. Keane and Wilson gone this season. No guarenteed that Mata, Memphis, Januzaj are stayin this season. Let's see but I would be all for this signing.

33. Modern Day Legend
    So what's the latest speculation. A signing over the weekend or is this saga gonna' drag on into yet another week? (Much longer and it'll make the Zielinski clown show look interesting.).

34. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    So what's the latest speculation. A signing over the weekend or is this saga gonna' drag on into yet another week? (Much longer and it'll make the Zielinski clown show look interesting.).
    This will drag on a bit more I reckon, such a hard deal to get over the line because of so many factors in the deal that don't include just simply buying the player.

35. Got to say, as Jose has admitted that with our last player incoming (Pogba most probably) that our transfer business is done.

I am generally happy with the squad although I still don't feel entirely confident in a few areas. Most notably centre back, yes we have brought in Baily but it could be a like for like replacement with Blind if he sees using him in midfield. Which means beyond Smalling/Bailly partnership, our cover there is pretty weak. Plus Bailly has to adapt and start in a new league, regarded as no.1 choice is not going to be smooth transition.

My other area of concern is winger, The left is covered well but if Mkhi is playing the no.10 role our right side will be weaker and we will have to rely on Lingard or Mata there. Which I've never rated Mata outwide and especially in a Jose system where you need fast transitions between phases and his lack of pace is an issue, especially with Ibra up top.
    Last edited by zzeezzy; 23/07/2016 at 10:04 AM.

36. This Hirving Lozano guy, is he still a done deal?

37. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Got to say, as Jose has admitted that with our last player incoming (Pogba most probably) that our transfer business is done.

I am generally happy with the squad although I still don't feel entirely confident in a few areas. Most notably centre back, yes we have brought in Baily but it could be a like for like replacement with Blind if he sees using him in midfield. Which means beyond Smalling/Bailly partnership, our cover there is pretty weak. Plus Bailly has to adapt and start in a new league, regarded as no.1 choice is not going to be smooth transition.

My other area of concern is winger, The left is covered well but if Mkhi is playing the no.10 role our right side will be weaker and we will have to rely on Lingard or Mata there. Which I've never rated Mata outwide and especially in a Jose system where you need fast transitions between phases and his lack of pace is an issue, especially with Ibra up top.
    It's not done after the 4th signing. He said the market is still open till the 31st of August depending on who leaves. So I'm sure there will be more signings yet.

38. Quote Originally Posted by RedUnited View Post
    This Hirving Lozano guy, is he still a done deal?
    No body knows lol. A lot of conflicting reports coming from his family and the club. Will have to wait and see after the olympics

39. The Pogba transfer to Utd will be monumental for football. Also talks still going for Bonucci

Gianluca Di Marzio– Verified account [email protected]

Perinetti: “#Pogba allo #United? Sarebbe un trasferimento epocale. Ma è #Bonucci l’insostituibile alla #Juventus http://gianlucadimarzio.com/news-cat...le-della-juve/
    Perinetti: "Pogba allo United? Sarebbe un trasferimento epocale. Ma è Bonucci l'insostituibile alla...

40. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Got to say, as Jose has admitted that with our last player incoming (Pogba most probably) that our transfer business is done.

I am generally happy with the squad although I still don't feel entirely confident in a few areas. Most notably centre back, yes we have brought in Baily but it could be a like for like replacement with Blind if he sees using him in midfield. Which means beyond Smalling/Bailly partnership, our cover there is pretty weak. Plus Bailly has to adapt and start in a new league, regarded as no.1 choice is not going to be smooth transition.....
    Funny how that's flipped. Not that your defence has been great for a few years now (De Gea saving their arses accepted), but it was far stronger than ours this time last year when we had a historically bad back line under Rodgers. Now, there's only DDG, and Shaw, presuming he has no lingering effects of being out so long, you'd swap in. I know we're talking about two completely different managers, one who values his coaching and the other who puts more emphasis on the transfer market, but when you compare Eric Bailey, after a mere one full season in La Liga, for £33.3 million, to one of the best defenders in the Bundesliga in Matip and a massively experienced, solid vet. for cover for a combined £4.2 million there really is no comparison.

Nice to be the ones no longer worried about defence at all. (Although with De Gea behind them covering for any fuck-up's, and the defensive way Jose set's up in front of them, you are at least are safe in that knowledge.).

41. Fabrizio Romano– Verified account [email protected]

Normal, Juventus is going to spend €94M for Higuain so they remain in talks with Man United for Pogba. Deal close.
    3:16 am - 23 Jul 2016
    214 RETWEETS78 LIKES.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of dreams View Post
    It's not done after the 4th signing. He said the market is still open till the 31st of August depending on who leaves. So I'm sure there will be more signings yet.
    Jose said we have 3 out of our 4 players and we are 75% done in the transfer market. When the last player comes in we are finished. He doesn't have any intention from what he was saying to make more signings.

43. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Jose said we have 3 out of our 4 players and we are 75% done in the transfer market. When the last player comes in we are finished. He doesn't have any intention from what he was saying to make more signings.
    Depending on departures he said on MUTV yesterday. Players will be happy players will be in happy and want to leave, this is normal the market is open till 31st of August we have room to breath after the 4th signing.

44. Juve paying 94million euros for a near 29 year old striker, suddenly makes Pogba price seem reasonable.

120m euros for a 23 year old.

I thought Juve were good in the market, don't get the Higuain deal, especially as they have Dybala.

45. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Juve paying 94million euros for a near 29 year old striker, suddenly makes Pogba price seem reasonable.

120m euros for a 23 year old.

I thought Juve were good in the market, don't get the Higuain deal, especially as they have Dybala.
    Sounds simplistic but it's smacks of the Munich strategy. Anytime you get the slightest opposition, rape that of it's best players and cake walk the league for another few years until it happens again. Juve's complete, unchallenged dominance of Serie A will just roll on for the foreseeable.

But yeah, fee's have gotten completely out of control. I'll preface this by saying there's a big differential in the finances of Utd and Liverpool currently, even if that gap is decreasing, so it's all relevant to either situation. But even if we where on a level financial playing field, there's NO way I'd want L'pool to go drop £100 million, just in a transfer fee alone before you add in his wages and everything else, on a player. And I really like Pogba and his potential. But that's all it is at the moment. Potential. I honestly don't see that much difference in taking the potential of a Can or a Grujic. They still need coaching up and have similar attributes and high ceilings. But you're not spending the farm on them. Again, all relative as Utd have the financial security to do this, but NO player is worth that IMHO.

Football has LONG been out of control financially but now it's out of ALL recognition.
    Last edited by Scouseinthehouse; 23/07/2016 at 12:01 PM.

46. Higuain apparently having his medical at juve now. So it appears where ever he goes, pogba is on his way

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

47. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Higuain apparently having his medical at juve now. So it appears where ever he goes, pogba is on his way

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
    It's complete had it at Madrid yesterday while at his home on hols. PogbON

48. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Sounds simplistic but it's smacks of the Munich strategy. Anytime you get the slightest opposition, rape that of it's best players and cake walk the league for another few years until it happens again. Juve's complete, unchallenged dominance of Serie A will just roll on for the foreseeable.

But yeah, fee's have gotten completely out of control. I'll preface this by saying there's a big differential in the finances of Utd and Liverpool currently, even if that gap is decreasing, so it's all relevant to either situation. But even if we where on a level financial playing field, there's NO way I'd want L'pool to go drop £100 million, just in a transfer fee alone before you add in his wages and everything else, on a player. And I really like Pogba and his potential. But that's all it is at the moment. Potential. I honestly don't see that much difference in taking the potential of a Can or a Grujic. They still need coaching up and have similar attributes and high ceilings. But you're not spending the farm on them. Again, all relative as Utd have the financial security to do this, but NO player is worth that IMHO.

Football has LONG been out of control financially but now it's out of ALL recognition.
    In the end you know it's all a bubble, and you already know what is gonna happen when it's going to burst...

49. Keys and Tancredi live on BeIN Spirts this morning said that Pogba deal is imminent. Combined fee 145m euros

50. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lxl Ra lxl View Post
    In the end you know it's all a bubble, and you already know what is gonna happen when it's going to burst...
    Been saying it's going to burst for the last 10 years and more and it hasn't yet! Although crowds are finally dropping as people are beginning to say 'enough is ENOUGH!' so we'll see what effect that has going forward.

Out of all reality with most every other thing in life. Modern day football really is a law unto it's self.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO