Like Tree39085Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    100th game for Mourinho yesterday. 62% win rate. Oh and Demi Mitchell got his second MOTM award on his second start out on loan
    That's a nice healthy win rate

2. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    That's a nice healthy win rate
    Best of any other Utd mananger in the clubs history. After 100 games.
    Anthony likes this.

3. #MUFC Reserves' first outing of the season at Old Trafford tomorrow night v Tottenham, free entry for all fans. Aliou Traore has been training with the U23s and could make his PL2 debut while Joshua Bohui is likely to be up front.

Fantastic News about Traore. He’s already miles ahead physically and technically than any other CM at u18s level. Miles ahead technically than any other CM at u23s I would say. Except maybe Kehinde.

4. Next weekend, a crowd will gather outside Old Trafford, as it always does before the home match nearest the anniversary, to remember the 23 people who died, 60 years since that European Cup tie against Red Star Belgrade. Eight of the dead belonged to the thrilling, youthful team that had won the league championship under Busby’s expert guidance the previous two seasons. Other victims included two members of the air crew (though the pilot, James Thain, survived), three club officials and eight journalists including one of my own predecessors, Donny Davies, of what was then the Manchester Guardian, writing with a pseudonym, as many football correspondents did in those days, of “An Old International”.

We live in an era when football seems obsessed with finding new ways to hold a minute’s silence, often when it has nothing whatsoever to do with the sport. But this one always resonates. Before José Mourinho’s team play Huddersfield there will be a rendition of Flowers of Manchester beneath the Munich plaque.

The Munich disaster’s long shadow still falls on us all, 60 years on:
    https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...saster-60-years-manchester-united-anniversary
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

5. I know you guys aren't keen on Vidal, but I think a player of his calibre is a must sign if he's available. If we went solely on form (as TOD says he's been poor) then we arguably shouldn't have bought Matic according to a lot of Chelsea fans, but look at him; our most consistent player this season.

6. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    I know you guys aren't keen on Vidal, but I think a player of his calibre is a must sign if he's available. If we went solely on form (as TOD says he's been poor) then we arguably shouldn't have bought Matic according to a lot of Chelsea fans, but look at him; our most consistent player this season.
    Some of the stuff I've heard about him off the field make me think he is one to avoid for sure, think he could ruin any dressing room and would be an awful example for the number of younger players United had.

Arturo Vidal 'likes to drink and doesn't control himself' - Sampaoli in 2015

Sampaoli admits Arturo Vidal has ‘drinking problems’. On Alexis Sanchez... | English News | Calciomercato.com

Doesn't make for good reading if it is remotely true, at least Sanchez is mentioned positively
    Last edited by ninjaskill; 28/01/2018 at 08:11 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    I know you guys aren't keen on Vidal, but I think a player of his calibre is a must sign if he's available. If we went solely on form (as TOD says he's been poor) then we arguably shouldn't have bought Matic according to a lot of Chelsea fans, but look at him; our most consistent player this season.
    Tbh Matic really wasn’t that poor having watched nearly all Chelsea televised games. They would sure be better off with him this season. Still a good player Vidal I’m sure but far to much off field baggage for me. Pretty damning that 3 other managers/clubs have all had negative to say about him off field.Would need to sign a younger CM if Vidal is signed. Rather Seri and Weigl.

8. Shit didn’t even realise Messi Lingard has 12 goals 4 assists already this season. His improvements under Mourinho have been massive. Always had talent at youth level and shown glimpses in the past. But always looked like would never fulfill it. Hats off to Mourinho, turning him into a very good player!
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 29/01/2018 at 12:29 AM.
    ninjaskill likes this.

9. I believe Fergie always said Lingard would be a late bloomer. He's always had it in him, he just needed the time to prove it.

10. @Scoutsinattendence
    @scoutsattending

Ex #mufc & #mcfc trialist ?ukasz Bejger CB (turned 16 this month) to leave Lech Poznan shortly. Has chosen Utd after confirming how impressed he was, with the club and staff in recent interviews. Club announcement soon.

Polish U15 captain and CB on trial with United will also sign for the club. Turns 16 next month. That will be 5 Polish players that we have signed in the last 2 seasons.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 29/01/2018 at 03:24 PM.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post

@Scoutsinattendence
    @scoutsattending

Ex #mufc & #mcfc trialist ?ukasz Bejger CB (turned 16 this month) to leave Lech Poznan shortly. Has chosen Utd after confirming how impressed he was, with the club and staff in recent interviews. Club announcement soon.

Polish U15 captain and CB on trial with United will also sign for the club. Turns 16 next month. That will be 5 Polish players that we have signed in the last 2 seasons.
    Is it the same person in both photos?
    Last edited by ninjaskill; 29/01/2018 at 03:44 PM.

12. Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskill View Post
    Is it the same person in both photos?
    No mate. 2 different Polish CB. 1 is here on trial already and agree to sign( that’s the one at the bottom) the first one has had trials with City and us more recently. And will leave his club to sign for us.
    ninjaskill likes this.

13. Manchester United
    @ManUtd

U23s: #MUFC have been drawn against Villarreal in the quarter-finals of the #PLInternationalCup.

Cant wait for this to start again. Along with the CL

14. From Spurs presser-

Jose on his contract extension: "The club, the board and the owners have the same ambitions that I have - they have the same desire to improve at every level. We believe in each other, we have common goals and we go for it." #MUFC

Mourinho: "If Zlatan wants a future in another club in another country we are here to help and create conditions to help, not to make his life difficult but the last thing Zlatan told me was he wants to recover totally and help the team." #mulive

Mourinho on Fellaini staying: "It is my desire, it is the board's desire, it is his desire. Are we going to agree. I don't know." #mulive

Jose on @Ibra_Official: "He's working hard to be fit. I'm not saying injured, because he's not injured. I think he's trying to feel really ready for the demands of Premier League football." #MUFC

The boss has told MUTV that morale within the squad is high: "We managed to win every match in January, I think three Premier League matches and two cup matches, so five victories makes a happy camp."

Mourinho says the Reds merit their recent good form, due to strong performances: “We are playing with a good balance. It is not easy to not concede goals because of the high quality of football in this country. At the same time, scoring goals and wining matches is very important because we need points. We are playing well and we deserved these results."

Jose happily confirmed there were no new injury worries after the FA Cup win at Yeovil on Friday: "Everything is good. The real headache is when you don’t have the good players so when you have so many injuries, you are in trouble. When almost everybody is available and the quality is high, these are the good problems."

15. A great read by Redknapp

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...hford-11933967

Seriously wtf!

16. Prob goes through every kids mind when a new signing comes in at first. At least till he knows he will not be overlooked. Stating the obvious on this one redknapp.
    Tyton likes this.

17. U23s: #MUFC team to face Tottenham - J. Pereira, Riley (c), Warren, R. Williams, O'Connor, Hamilton, Barlow, Chong, Gomes, Boonen, Bohui.

Subs: O'Hara, Olosunde, Buffonge, Kehinde, Burkart. Kick-off at Old Trafford is 19:00 GMT.

Great team that! Oconner, Barlow, Chong, Gomes, Burkart all promoted from the u18s and most start. Oh dear Hamilton......

18. Rashford will be fine, he has played a lot last few seasons, bit of rotation will do him good.. Plus the signing of Sanchez isn't to replace any one position or player per se, it's to offer us flexibility across the attacking band

19. Redknapp is always telling United players to move on or that they aren't good enough. Anyone would think he was jealous of them..... Rashford will be fine, he is still developing as a player and Jose knows that. A rest every now and then and the chance to learn from older more mature players will only make him better. Ok it's a bummer for England but the lad is still young too much football too young will burn him out.

20. Huddersfield or Birmingham next round Great game for the u 23s so far. The youngsters been the far better team! All Spurs interested in is kicking the fuck out of Chong! Refs been a joke. Gave a soft peno but Joel Periera made a good save. Tbh they’ve been hacking down all our players.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 29/01/2018 at 08:40 PM.

21. I don't see how Redknapp's article is at all controversial.

United were already crowded in the front with 5 players competing for 3 forward positions, but Rashford managed to get a lot of play , because Miki was shit and Zlatan is out. But with the arrival of Sanchez, the same 5 players will have to be competing for 2 positions, as Sanchez will expect to play almost every game (as he should). So that's Lukaku-Martial-Mata-Lingard-Rashford fighting it out to fill 2 remaining spots. Not exactly comfortable situation for a young player to say the least.

22. Tahith Chong makes it 1-0 after cutting out a pass and showing great composure to beat the keeper

Watching this tonight I have no doubt that most of these have the talent to make it here. Of course anything can happen and there’s no guarantees. But on talent and mentality alone our group of youngsters have it.

23. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    I don't see how Redknapp's article is at all controversial.

United were already crowded in the front with 5 players competing for 3 forward positions, but Rashford managed to get a lot of play , because Miki was shit and Zlatan is out. But with the arrival of Sanchez, the same 5 players will have to be competing for 2 positions, as Sanchez will expect to play almost every game (as he should). So that's Lukaku-Martial-Mata-Lingard-Rashford fighting it out to fill 2 remaining spots. Not exactly comfortable situation for a young player to say the least.
    Rashford has made appearances than anyone not just this season but also last season. They don't compete for position. Zlatan is going too. Rashford only competes against Martial. What he said isn't controversial, just completely bollocks

24. Lol spoke to soon. All the defence bar Oconner has imploded. GK too. 1-3 Spurs Mourinho watching won’t be to chuffed with this defending watching from the stands. Injuries have really done for Williams. And Warren is shot for confidence some time reason this season. Both equally as talented CBS as Tuanzebe.

Finished 1-3. Seriously need to be looking at Sbragia. No plan B always late changing things subs etc. No clear game plan/ tactics.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 29/01/2018 at 09:59 PM.

25. Modern Day Legend
    Phew. That Cup ties gonna' naughty whomever it is.

Expecting fun and games at Huddersfield tomorrow after what went down with Utd there earlier this season.

26. Chong highlights vs Spurs. Ref was a disgrace. Was kicked to bits all night. But kept getting up and being the best player on the pitch. Won’t be long before he gets the call up for me. Potential WC talent!

Tahith Chong vs. Tottenham. #MUFC

2:19

Munroe and ninjaskill like this.

27. GEORGE TANNER SIGNS UP WITH UNITED
    Manchester United have handed a first professional contract to George Tanner.

The 18-year-old, from Blackpool, is a wide player who was effective as a winger before being converted to a full-back.

An England Under-17 and Under-18 international, he has gained experience in the UEFA Youth League this term and helped Nicky Butt's side reach next month's play-off with Serbian side Brodarac.

He made 27 appearances for the youth team last season and has been praised by coach Kieran McKenna for his versatility and character.
    http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-An...x?newsid=E4191DF1-8ACD-49EB-B556-CE99C4C1B06F

28. Hope we go 4-3-3 tomorrow night, something like this

The Manchester United Thread-433.png

29. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Hope we go 4-3-3 tomorrow night, something like this

Attachment 1145442
    Thats our best team on paper except for Bailly missing. Be good to have him back for CL. Could easily see Fellaini and Young start over Herrera and Shaw. Hope not.

30. Scott Patterson

That's some turnaround from McKenna, Butt and co. over the past two years.

Click on the pic then scroll across to the league table after reading the article.

31. REDS YOUNGSTER DUNNE
    Another Manchester United Academy prospect, Max Dunne, has put pen to paper on a first professional contract at the club.

Dunne, an 18-year-old local lad, has joined the pro ranks following the recent announcements of deals for Angel Gomes, Aidan Barlow, Aliou Traore, Arnau Puigmal and George Tanner.

The centre-back played in the recent 4-2 win at Stoke City and will look to push on under coach Kieran McKenna, who recently described him as a “tough, aggressive defender who is good in the air”.

Dunne could feature when the Under-18s are next in action, against Derby County on Saturday.

That match will be broadcast live on MUTV and kick-off is scheduled for 12:00 GMT.

Manutd.com

32. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Scott Patterson

That's some turnaround from McKenna, Butt and co. over the past two years.

Click on the pic then scroll across to the league table after reading the article.
    That is one tight league, and also quite the turnaround. Also irrelevant to where they finished they have some graduates playing minutes for United unlike the City one

33. From Di Marzio and Sky Italia-

Important news at Roma home about the incoming market. The Pallotta company is in fact dealing with Manchester United for Blind. The Dutch defender, class 1990, has already given his ok for the transfer to the Giallorossi. Rome is at work, in these hours, to try to find an agreement with the English club.

34. UNITED EXTEND MATA CONTRACT UNTIL 2019
    Manchester United have triggered a clause to extend Juan Mata’s contract by one year, tying the Spaniard to the club until June 2019+1yr option.

Jose Mourinho has spoken of Mata’s importance on multiple occasions during recent weeks and did so again on Monday, in a press conference ahead of the match against Tottenham Hotspur.

After confirming that the club had extended the midfielder’s contract, Mourinho said: “Mata is very important. When I arrived one-and-a-half years ago, [they said], ‘Mata is in trouble, in trouble, in trouble’, and now he's getting an extension of one more year. An important player for me; important player for the club; important player for the other players."

In an exclusive interview with MUTV on Tuesday afternoon, Mata then revealed he is delighted to be staying on and hopes there are “many more years to come”.

“I still feel very happy and very proud to be part of this club," said the Reds' no.8. "I think everyone that belongs to Manchester United should feel privileged, and that’s how I feel.

“I’m happy with everyone at the club and, obviously, with the manager and my team-mates. Once you are part of this club, your football career is not the same; it changes, because this is one of the biggest clubs in football history. Every day I try to tell myself how lucky and how privileged I am, try to take advantage of every single training session, and try to see how important it is

35. After reading Mourinho latest interview. Saying he’s happy now that we have one of the best attacks around and defencive records in Europe. Can’t see us adding another attacker or defender in the Summer. Also said he’s delighted with the younger players developing coming through. Says we need to control games better, especially against our rivals. Looks like he’s going to add serious quality and depth to midfield in the Summer.

36. Modern Day Legend
    I just nearly choked on my breakie at 'Mourinho' and 'one of the best attacks around' on the same line.

Don't do that to me at 7:15 in the AM!
    Bujakaa92 likes this.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    I just nearly choked on my breakie at 'Mourinho' and 'one of the best attacks around' on the same line.

Don't do that to me at 7:15 in the AM!
    Ok not the best to watch at times. But it effective and still up there with goals scored! And in personnel it’s hard to upgrade the players we’ve got quality wise atm.

38. Modern Day Legend
    No question it's effective. And I aren't gonna' nark at him for his style of football. I'd hate to be paying to watch it but that's not to say he doesn't try to win games. He just approaches doing that in another way that often isn't the most pleasing on the eye. Nothing wrong with that. A lot of ways to skin a cat.

But flat track bullying a lot of the poorer sides and scoring a slew of late goals against them in games they've mostly well been in until their legs drop off is very deceptive when it comes to the goals scored/ 'see, we score so we're an attacking side' argument though.

39. Matty Willock has returned to United from Utrecht. Only made three substitute appearances for them. Could get a new loan before end of play today. #mufc

James Wilson had another good game last night. Nearly scored a ridiculous bicycle kick.

Willock and Charlie Scott both going on loan to SPL. St. Johnstone and Hamilton respectively.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 31/01/2018 at 03:08 PM.

40. Keep them future stars coming

• GOALKEEPER JOINS UNITED FROM FC SLOVACKO

Matej Kovar has joined Manchester United from FC Slovacko, subject to international clearance.

The 17-year-old is a talented young goalkeeper who has already appeared for Czech Republic’s Under-18s on two occasions and is now currently there number 1, highlighting his promising pedigree and excellent potential.

An exciting prospect, Kovar has signed a professional contract with the club and will soon join the ranks of the Academy, specifically with Kieran McKenna's impressive Under-18s teamsters

41. Charlie Scott leaves #MUFC for Hamilton on loan with a view to a permanent deal. “I am pleased to welcome Charlie to the club & believe he’ll be a great addition to our squad,” says Accies boss Martin Canning

42. @ManUtd

The team news is in! Here’s your #MUFC starting XI for our @PremierLeague game against Tottenham… #TOTMUN

43. Well that was an awful start

44. We should be level. Great start (for the neutral)

45. Missed the goal lol. Should be level though. Good response.

46. Modern Day Legend
    Great sat enjoying a game where no result is a bad result and not rooting for any side in particular.

47. Ok, I've decided. Spend 60m on CD who can defend and is not scared of the ball.
    Tyton likes this.

48. 3 offsides in 10min, not bad.

49. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Ok, I've decided. Spend 60m on CD who can defend and is not scared of the ball.
    bailly says hello, when he is not injured.

50. Fuck off Jones. Jesus Christ! Fucking hate 4231 too!

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO