Like Tree39112Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Should add one like "Get rid of shit players and sign good players!"

  2. or let good players play
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.



  3. Kaveh Solhekol
    ?@SkyKaveh



    Manchester United setting up its first ever professional women’s team. Applied to FA to join Women’s Super League 2







    MANCHESTER UNITED APPLIES TO JOIN WSL2
    • Application submitted to FA
    • New professional team would create pathway for graduates from successful girls’ regional talent club

    Manchester United has submitted an application to the Football Association to establish a professional women’s team in the second tier of the Women’s Super League.


    If successful, the move would provide a career pathway for players who graduate from the long-established and highly successful Girls' Regional Talent Club, which has seen some 15 of its graduates playing international football this season alone.

    The squad would be based at the club's historic training centre at The Cliff.

    Announcing the move, Ed Woodward said: "We are pleased to announce that the club intends to establish its first ever professional women’s team and has submitted an application to enter WSL2.

    "The FA has provided excellent support through the process and we believe that launching a team in WSL2 would give many more of our graduates from the Regional Talent Club the chance to establish themselves as first-team players.

    "The Manchester United women’s team must be built in the same image and with the same principles as the men's first team and offer academy players a clear route to top-level football within the club."


    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ional-womens-team-in-super-league-tier-2.aspx
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 22/03/2018 at 06:32 AM.

  4. About bloody time they set up a women's team.

  5. The Reds are in 'Bracket A' of the Under-19 Gordon Jago Super Group and will play against Mexican side Tigres this Sunday, 25 March, before facing Toronto FC on Monday. Should United progress, there'll be a semi-final to play on Friday 30 March, with a place in the final on Sunday 1 April up for grabs.

    Sunday 25 March
    Higashi Fukuoka FC v Toronto FC (13:30 local time, 19:30 UK)
    Manchester United v Tigres (18:30 local time, 00:30 UK)

    Monday 26 March
    Toronto FC v Manchester United (14:00 local time, 20:00 UK)
    Higashi Fukuoka v Tigres (14:00 local time, 20:00 UK)

    "Our squad for Dallas will be the youngest ever" McKenna told ManUtd.com ahead of the trip.

    The Dallas Cup United Squad
    Fojki?ek
    Kovar
    @james1thompson
    @DishonBernard
    Dunne
    @ercoUT6
    @georgetanner
    B. Williams
    @AidanBarlow
    @TahithC
    @GalbraithEth10
    @jgarnerr96
    @DylanLevitt
    @DionMcGhee
    @LRamazani88
    Baars
    @joshbohui
    @NishanBurkart
    @_MasonGreenwood
    Mellor
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 22/03/2018 at 01:00 PM.

  6. BBC just confirmed Zlatan will leave the club this week to go to the MLS. Good luck Zlatan was a joy having him here!

  7. Modern Day Legend
    Another absolutely non-sensical contract extension handed out there.

    Woodward sure knows how to get value for money. Oh, wait .....

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Another absolutely non-sensical contract extension handed out there.

    Woodward sure knows how to get value for money. Oh, wait .....
    Zlatan will leave United having been on a low basic wage this season, made up by incentives he hasn’t been able to trigger due to lack of games.
    RedUnited likes this.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Zlatan will leave United having been on a low basic wage this season, made up by incentives he hasn’t been able to trigger due to lack of games.
    lol basic wage its not like hes working for min wage

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    lol basic wage its not like hes working for min wage
    Certainly not lol. But he was one of the lowest earners on our wage bill this year. So Ed did something right compared to what he was on before plus making it incentive based.

  11. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    lol basic wage its not like hes working for min wage
    Absolute comedy madness to extend a 36-year-old SO early coming off a serious knee injury. Not like there was a need with Lukaku, Martial and Rashford to start with.

    Just a year of wasted wages.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Absolute comedy madness to extend a 36-year-old SO early coming off a serious knee injury. Not like there was a need with Lukaku, Martial and Rashford to start with.

    Just a year of wasted wages.
    edd being edd the twat should have cut are losses when he got the injury its not like we did not have cover
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Absolute comedy madness to extend a 36-year-old SO early coming off a serious knee injury. Not like there was a need with Lukaku, Martial and Rashford to start with.

    Just a year of wasted wages.
    In hindsight could say it was wasted wages. But he and the physio obviously thought he would be back. Which he is, it’s not fitness or his knee that’s the problem! Anyway that why he signed his extension with massively reduced wages and having performance based incentives in it. Don’t think it’s made us bankrupt

  14. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    edd being edd the twat should have cut are losses when he got the injury its not like we did not have cover
    We are lucky that Lukaku has stayed injury free or we would of been fucked this season. Hardly Ed being Ed for fucksake! It would not of been his decision anyway!
    RedUnited likes this.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    We are lucky that Lukaku has stayed injury free or we would of been fucked this season. Hardly Ed being Ed for fucksake! It would not of been his decision anyway!
    ok might have been mou but still should not have done it
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  16. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    It was neither a terrible deal nor a great idea to resign him.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  17. Modern Day Legend
    Any other club with Rashford and Martial wouldn't be 'F-ed' losing a striker.

    You need to question the whole approach if that's your view ToD.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Any other club with Rashford and Martial wouldn't be 'F-ed' losing a striker.

    You need to question the whole approach if that's your view ToD.
    There both young and still very inconsistent. Rashford form has been like a yo-yo this season big time. While Martial operates far better in space from the left.
    RedUnited likes this.

  19. 53 app 30 gls 10 assists while missing the end of the season. Comm Shield, League Cup, Europa league not bad Zlatan. Was a pleasure!
    RedUnited likes this.

  20. Holy fuck, ABU agenda continues hard here. If some other club offers player who came after a horrible, horrible injury basic contract and ability to train with the club, it's amazing and that club should be praised. But if United does that, it's shameful. And this kind of behavior comes from a fan of a club who openly supported racist cannibal. Talking about double standards.

  21. Yes, because normally when a 36 year old player gets serious injury, everyone accepts he is finished and that's that. So if club still chooses to support him, that's amazing.

    Here? Right after the injury it was followed by full on PR offensive, complete with press releases about how Zlatan is a lion who has superhuman knees that make horses jealous, he will return to be king of Manchster, and so on and so on. It was an absoute joke from the start and you're rightfully being mocked for falling for it.
    Scouseinthehouse and Alc like this.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Yes, because normally when a 36 year old player gets serious injury, everyone accepts he is finished and that's that. So if club still chooses to support him, that's amazing.

    Here? Right after the injury it was followed by full on PR offensive, complete with press releases about how Zlatan is a lion who has superhuman knees that make horses jealous, he will return to be king of Manchster, and so on and so on. It was an absoute joke from the start and you're rightfully being mocked for falling for it.
    Thats your personal opinion my friend. No one fell for it, at least no one sane. Great if he came back and contributed, but alas. United help a living legend and one of the great football personalities. If anything, it's good PR from the club. Club who looks after its players. But if you want to mock United for it, feel free.

    Also, your post hella paradoxical. Like I said, ABU.

  23. Mourinho said literally 4 weeks ago that "there weren't many better left backs out there than luke shaw." Sure, people change their minds, but after 4 weeks, lmao.
    Tyton likes this.

  24. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Holy fuck, ABU agenda continues hard here. .....
    'ABU Agenda?' We back in the school playground? Get over yourself Princess. It's a public message board. It's nottin' personal or anti-Utd if it's not 100% agreeing with a move they make. It's an opinion. Hell, you've a Utd fan saying it wasn't a great idea to re-sign him. (Note, nobody said it was 'shameful.' Extrapolate much?). Would he be 'ABU' too?

    You want a 100% Utd-centric agenda? Go post on a specific Utd board.

    You want open discussion and differing opinions? Check the overly sensitive ego and join in.

    The less said about your atrocious attempt to troll with Suarez, who has absolutely ZERO relation to this topic, the better.

  25. I think we all agree that United as a club is an absolute joke right now.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Alc View Post
    I think we all agree that United as a club is an absolute joke right now.
    this coming from you and the state your club is in wow just wow
    Tyton and Theatre of Dreams83 like this.

  27. The state they're in is largely due to your current manager fucking up spectacularly on the transfer market.

  28. Lol at Chelsea fans talking about other clubs problems

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    The state they're in is largely due to your current manager fucking up spectacularly on the transfer market.
    How you figure that out. He inherited a title winning side. There in a mess due to the board being run by clowns. Selling there one of there best players to a rival. Conte falling out with there best STR. Winning the league then buying shit like Barkley, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zapacosta. And Moratta doesn’t look great now either!
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 23/03/2018 at 06:42 AM.

  30. I enjoy how everyone goes ‘Oh look at the chelsea fan talking’ when they realize they can’t defend their own club.
    Tyton likes this.

  31. Modern Day Legend
    I’ve certainly no inclination to defend Chelsea, but aren’t they in the same position as Utd this season? Semi finals of the Cup and fighting for top 4?

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    I’ve certainly no inclination to defend Chelsea, but aren’t they in the same position as Utd this season? Semi finals of the Cup and fighting for top 4?
    True that. Also 9 points behind us in the league. Out of the top 4. No CL next year. And a manager that don’t wanna be there.

  33. Modern Day Legend
    With 8 to go I think it’s way too early to count any of 2 through 5 out of the top 4 personally.

    I’d favour the three in the driving seat right now but with 24 points left on the board, games against each other, and the Cup/ Europe, a lot can change between now and May 13.

    L’pool and Utd would be disappointed to say the least with a 3 game lead over them if they lost out, but I’ve certainly not discounted Chelsea finishing strong.

    Lot of football left in 2018 yet.
    Last edited by Scouseinthehouse; 23/03/2018 at 10:21 AM.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Alc View Post
    I think we all agree that United as a club is an absolute joke right now.
    This has literally been your only input to this thread for like the last 5 or so posts now... a ban soon surely Mike? From this thread at least.

    Say what you want about us, but we're 2nd in the league... 9 points ahead of you.... what on earth does that make your club and the rest of the league for that matter?

    I hate bringing up Chelsea again but come on... if we're so shite and still better than you..... it really means you must be on another level of atrocious.

  35. We're really not in a bad state at all LOL. If this is a bad state, I can't wait to see a when we're in a healthy one.

    For starters, in regards to the team, we are in my opinion, a Mourinho sacking away from being a formidable force under the correct appointment. A spine of De Gea-Bailly-Pogba-Lukaku (average age of what, 24-25?) - Best GK, top 5 CB, CM & STR in the league (could be narrower with CM), with exciting, pacey support forwards in Martial, Rashford & Lingard to boot. Alexis Sanchez, as much as I'm not completely sold on him, is an undoubted world class player, and I'd rather have a bet on him clicking & flourishing next season than flopping. The quality Mourinho has injected into us in a couple of seasons rebuilding has been excellent, he just can't get the best out of them, like say a Pochettino type of coach would.

    So we're 2nd in the league (if we're in a bad state, doesn't say much for the chasing 18).


    As powerful as ever financially, ask Madrid whose "my cock is bigger than your cock" ego has took a battering the last couple of years:



    An excellent squad built that would excel under a top, expansive manager (with possibly 1 or 2 additions in defence & midfield). Jose deserves the praise for his high quality, low risk purchases that have our squad as healthy as it's been since Fergie.





    Loads of exciting young talent coming up through the ranks. Gomes & Chong to highlight a couple





    Just announced our (admittedly overdue) ladies team.


    All is pretty darn good; ticking along nicely as a club, and progressed as a team (in my opinion, as aforementioned, just need a new coach to come in and lift the handbrake). But apparently, Manchester United F.C are a joke.

  36. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    The state they're in is largely due to your current manager fucking up spectacularly on the transfer market.
    Incorrect. They fucked their own window up. They backed him with money, but not targets. Hes had two seasons there and half the signings haven't been great. Largely because the board interfered.
    Last edited by Mike.; 23/03/2018 at 10:55 AM.

  37. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Alc View Post
    I enjoy how everyone goes ‘Oh look at the chelsea fan talking’ when they realize they can’t defend their own club.
    You can't even defend your own club you absolute hypocrite. And you've missed the point that no here apart from maybe TOD thought he was going to be any more than a bit part player
    Last edited by Mike.; 23/03/2018 at 10:53 AM.

  38. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Yes, because normally when a 36 year old player gets serious injury, everyone accepts he is finished and that's that. So if club still chooses to support him, that's amazing.

    Here? Right after the injury it was followed by full on PR offensive, complete with press releases about how Zlatan is a lion who has superhuman knees that make horses jealous, he will return to be king of Manchster, and so on and so on. It was an absoute joke from the start and you're rightfully being mocked for falling for it.
    Eh, most people expected him to be no more than cover. Hell most people onky wanted him as cover. Have a look at the thread at the start of the season.

    The overreaction to a bit part signing not working out has been incredible. And not in a good way. Great first season, second destroyed by injury. Given that he was on 120k a week, I had no problem with the second deal to recuperate a brutal injury suffered playing for us. Marketing are gonna market, that's literally their job; to sell the dream and create money from it. So what's actually happening here as that people are annoyed at marketing doing their job. A a result we have Alc offering the argument of a child without being able to offer any really counter point, and failing to realise he's actually insulting his own club, who are in a more precarious position on and off the pitch

    Good work everyone.
    Last edited by Mike.; 23/03/2018 at 10:52 AM.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    'ABU Agenda?' We back in the school playground? Get over yourself Princess. It's a public message board. It's nottin' personal or anti-Utd if it's not 100% agreeing with a move they make. It's an opinion. Hell, you've a Utd fan saying it wasn't a great idea to re-sign him. (Note, nobody said it was 'shameful.' Extrapolate much?). Would he be 'ABU' too?

    You want a 100% Utd-centric agenda? Go post on a specific Utd board.

    You want open discussion and differing opinions? Check the overly sensitive ego and join in.

    The less said about your atrocious attempt to troll with Suarez, who has absolutely ZERO relation to this topic, the better.
    Usually when people feel threatened about something, they start using personal insults to show they are in right.
    You can tell its nothing personal, but all you do is shit talk here. And thats fine if mods want to tolerate that. But when someone calls you out on your bullshit, dont use personal attacks as argument. It doesn't look pretty

    You have one fan saying it was a bad idea, and from that you figured out whole fanbase think the same? Who's extrapolating now?
    It does have. It shows your hypocrisy. Your club is allowed to support a player and its amazing when club stands behind behind them, but when United does that, all hell breaks loose. Please.

  40. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Football fans are the worst. Everyone calls the other sensitive, without realised how sensitive they are themselves.

    Everyone is a tizzy over what isn't even big contract deal.

    In a week no one will care. It's only news because it's the international break and there's no football

    Scouse: Vanjagl is right, you can't call him a princess, and then accuse him of trolling over Suarez.

    Anyway. That pointless drivel aside, good to see the club finally re opening the Women's team. Never should have been closed in the first place, we've got lots of great young talent, and who knows maybe we can tempt Lianne Sanderson and all the other United supporting women's players back
    Last edited by Mike.; 23/03/2018 at 11:06 AM.

  41. Modern Day Legend
    Absolutely Rh. Real talented squad. Should be closer to City. As much as they’re having a mad season for the ages.

    But theres the rub. The current manager too long in the tooth and set in his ways to fully utilise it.

    So rght here, right now, Utd are going nowhere fast.

  42. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Apart from doing better than they have in years. Context is key. Got to better in Europe, but this would be our highest finish since Ferguson

  43. Modern Day Legend
    He’s beyond ridiculous Mike. He has no problem popping up in other threads narking but you say anything that diesn’t tow his line here and he takes it to the extreme in having a rant.

    It needed saying.

  44. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    He’s beyond ridiculous Mike. He has no problem popping up in other threads narking but you say anything that diesn’t tow his line here and he takes it to the extreme in having a rant.

    It needed saying.
    You're both as bad as each other, neither of you see it though.

  45. Modern Day Legend
    Sound. I’m as bad as a complete hypocrite who’ll readily like or agree with anything positive I post on Utd. Then go into a hissy fit on something he doesn’t like. Whilst being as abusive as he accuses others on.

    Ta for that.

  46. Look, I'm not going to be drawn into this ridiculousness. But everyone can check my post history and how much time I spend 'narking'.
    Anyway, this is a backfire effect. I'm sure everything would be different in a bar with a bottle of a bear. I've always said its hard to express your emotions on Internet. I'll just leave it here, for now.

  47. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Eh, most people expected him to be no more than cover. Hell most people onky wanted him as cover. Have a look at the thread at the start of the season.

    The overreaction to a bit part signing not working out has been incredible. And not in a good way. Great first season, second destroyed by injury. Given that he was on 120k a week, I had no problem with the second deal to recuperate a brutal injury suffered playing for us. Marketing are gonna market, that's literally their job; to sell the dream and create money from it. So what's actually happening here as that people are annoyed at marketing doing their job. A a result we have Alc offering the argument of a child without being able to offer any really counter point, and failing to realise he's actually insulting his own club, who are in a more precarious position on and off the pitch

    Good work everyone.
    Mic drop ))))



  48. WATCH: Lee O'Connor lobs the goalkeeper to give #IRLU19a 2-0 lead against Kosovo. #COYBIG Not bad for a CB



  49. 13 - Dean Henderson has kept 13 clean sheets on loan in League One this season; no other goalkeeper has kept more. Barrier.

    Also stared in England’s 2-1 against Romania u21s last night. Talent.

  50. Modern Day Legend
    Dropped a massive clanger for Romania's goal.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO