Like Tree38884Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. https://www.theguardian.com/football...chester-united

Lukaku admitting why he’s put on so much bulk. And how it’s hampering him. And how’s he’s trying to put it right.

2. Good to hear him admit it, but Lukaku has been atrocious lets be honest and we're nearly half way into a season. I'll continue to support him, but this next half of the season want to see a vast improvement. I understand he has supposedly bulked up but apart from scoring a few tap ins, he has offered next to nothing when he has been in the team.

He deserves a chance to put it right because he scored 27 goals last season but I still have doubts whether he is ever going to be good enough for us as an all round striker. Especially when we (hopefully) bring in a more progressive manager.

3. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Good to hear him admit it, but Lukaku has been atrocious lets be honest and we're nearly half way into a season. I'll continue to support him, but this next half of the season want to see a vast improvement. I understand he has supposedly bulked up but apart from scoring a few tap ins, he has offered next to nothing when he has been in the team.

He deserves a chance to put it right because he scored 27 goals last season but I still have doubts whether he is ever going to be good enough for us as an all round striker. Especially when we (hopefully) bring in a more progressive manager.
    Defo seen steady improvement since the Saints game. Hopefully that’s him getting fitter/ his body sorted out. You could tell the last few matches especially against Fulham he was runner big the channels more and chasing lost causes. Still a top str in my eyes. Dalot keeps whipping in those crosses. Lukaku will be eating them up. I counted about 5 crosses no. Of our players where close to as the simply don’t expect them. Why would they with Valencia being the way he is now.

Also keep Mata in the team. He will get Lukaku the ball.

4. Modern Day Legend
    Fat. Thin. Just play Mr Big Game No-Show Sunday please.

Ta. Appreciation in advance.
    Tyton likes this.

5. An addition to the United's UYL squad. Shoretire (born 04) is travelling to Valencia with the U19s for Wednesday's game. If you wanted proof of how well thought of he is at United, this is as clear as it'll come. Only Angel Gomes can come close to matching this trajectory.

Another one to remember the name. He will be up there maybe even better than Greenwood potentially!

6. This is why we need a DOF!

United were recommended Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt before they made their first-team debuts with Ajax, according to the club's former head of youth recruitment, Derek Langley.

Had United chiefs listened to Langley's recommendation, though, it could have been very different.

"Players that they turned down? Matthijs de Ligt. We had God knows how many reports on Matthijs de Ligt. Frenkie de Jong and all these players now are sort of around Europe," the 68-year-old told MEN Sport. "Dayot Upamecano, who is now at Red Bull Leipzig, was another.

"This was one of the reasons why I had a meeting with Ed Woodward and I told him that I wasn't convinced with the competency of certain people at the club. I told Ed Woodward quite straight: 'If you think I'm going to sit here and just tell you what you want to hear, I'm not that man because I'm going to tell you exactly how I see it'.

"I think it was possibly part of my downfall as to why seven months down the line I was removed because I wouldn't tow the line in relation to telling them exactly what I thought.

"It's one of them things in football - you come to accept it. Manchester United thanked me for the time I spent there and the players I'd taken in, but ultimately we could have been so much better if people had listened."

7. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Good to hear him admit it, but Lukaku has been atrocious lets be honest and we're nearly half way into a season. I'll continue to support him, but this next half of the season want to see a vast improvement. I understand he has supposedly bulked up but apart from scoring a few tap ins, he has offered next to nothing when he has been in the team.

27 goals is fine. The issue is that the wide players haven't stepped up. Only Martial doing it

8. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...chester-united

Lukaku admitting why he’s put on so much bulk. And how it’s hampering him. And how’s he’s trying to put it right.
    Really happy to read this. Like I said last week or so, it was definitely a valid concern for fans, so instead of getting defensive or in denial about it, tell us how you're going to change it. Better from him.

9. PLAYERS MISSING FROM TRAINING:

Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Sanchez, Martial. ALL CONFIRMED INJURIES.

Dalot & Darmian also missing but expect an update on them in the press conference.

Mason Greenwood & James Garner were part of the group

10. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    This is why we need a DOF!

United were recommended Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt before they made their first-team debuts with Ajax, according to the club's former head of youth recruitment, Derek Langley.

Had United chiefs listened to Langley's recommendation, though, it could have been very different.

"Players that they turned down? Matthijs de Ligt. We had God knows how many reports on Matthijs de Ligt. Frenkie de Jong and all these players now are sort of around Europe," the 68-year-old told MEN Sport. "Dayot Upamecano, who is now at Red Bull Leipzig, was another.

"This was one of the reasons why I had a meeting with Ed Woodward and I told him that I wasn't convinced with the competency of certain people at the club. I told Ed Woodward quite straight: 'If you think I'm going to sit here and just tell you what you want to hear, I'm not that man because I'm going to tell you exactly how I see it'.

"I think it was possibly part of my downfall as to why seven months down the line I was removed because I wouldn't tow the line in relation to telling them exactly what I thought.

"It's one of them things in football - you come to accept it. Manchester United thanked me for the time I spent there and the players I'd taken in, but ultimately we could have been so much better if people had listened."
    If this is true, then the points made by zz are even more relevant. FFS, we have always been crying out our scouting team and their inability to spot players, turns out, it's again Woodward being the piece of shit that he is.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    If this is true, then the points made by zz are even more relevant. FFS, we have always been crying out our scouting team and their inability to spot players, turns out, it's again Woodward being the piece of shit that he is.
    Tbh he’s learnt in that respect. Woodward has played a huge role in our youth revamp with Butt, Cox, Murtaugh over the last 2/3 yrs. And the whole scouting revamp.

12. Giggs also said that he recommended both Mbappe and Gabriel Jesus, and Woodward wasn't interested.
    Bujakaa92 likes this.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Giggs also said that he recommended both Mbappe and Gabriel Jesus, and Woodward wasn't interested.
    He didn’t say Woodward wasn’t interested. He said the recruitment department. He also said LVG was partly to blame and also blamed him for some oft hectolitres we sold at the time.

14. Not much point saying "what if" with the De Ligt's, De Jong's & co. because Jose wouldn't have played them anyway, so they wouldn't even be at this current stage of their development. If age wasn't a factor with him, Dalot would be an undisputed starter and Tuanzebe would be 3rd choice CB and one of the chuckle brothers would be at Everton by now.

15. Chuckle brothers have survived 4 managers can’t really put that on José tbf. The idiot that gave them the fat huge contract is more to blame.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Chuckle brothers have survived 4 managers can’t really put that on José tbf. The idiot that gave them the fat huge contract is more to blame.
    2*

They were great prospects under Fergie. Not even going to say anyone survived Moyes, he was here 5 mins. Tbf, at least Van Gaal got the best out of Smalling, and it's not like he wasn't experimenting with young CB's (Blackett, McNair, etc.) he would've promoted Tuanzebe.

Jose has had the longest since Fergie, and has had more issues than joy defensively. Should've binned one of Smalling, Jones or Rojo by now. 4-5 options of Bailly, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and one of Smalling/Jones/Rojo with either of Toby or Koulibaly would be perfect.
    Last edited by RhQQ; 11/12/2018 at 06:44 PM.

17. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    2*

They were great prospects under Fergie. Not even going to say anyone survived Moyes, he was here 5 mins. Tbf, at least Van Gaal got the best out of Smalling, and it's not like he wasn't experimenting with young CB's (Blackett, McNair, etc.) he would've promoted Tuanzebe.

Jose has had the longest since Fergie, and has had more issues than joy defensively. Should've binned one of Smalling, Jones or Rojo by now. 4-5 options of Bailly, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and one of Smalling/Jones/Rojo with either of Toby or Koulibaly would be perfect.
    Doesn’t matter the time. They have still lasted this long. Smalling was just as bad as good under LVG. I find it telling that there is no talk of new contracts. Maybe Mourinho does want rid. If Tuanzebe isn’t in the squad next season I will be peed. Don’t mind Rojo staying tbh. Toby or Koulibaly would be fantastic.

CB gonna be a problem for us in the next few years. Tyrell Warren and RoShaun Williams both back to there best this season. Only a year younger than Tuanzebe I think Warren is 2 actually. Then we have Lee Oconner and DiShon Bernard turning 18 very soon.

18. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Not much point saying "what if" with the De Ligt's, De Jong's & co. because Jose wouldn't have played them anyway, so they wouldn't even be at this current stage of their development. If age wasn't a factor with him, Dalot would be an undisputed starter and Tuanzebe would be 3rd choice CB and one of the chuckle brothers would be at Everton by now.
    Like they were even up for sale, if Woodward or a DOF had gone for them.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Doesn’t matter the time. They have still lasted this long. Smalling was just as bad as good under LVG. I find it telling that there is no talk of new contracts. Maybe Mourinho does want rid. If Tuanzebe isn’t in the squad next season I will be peed. Don’t mind Rojo staying tbh. Toby or Koulibaly would be fantastic.

CB gonna be a problem for us in the next few years. Tyrell Warren and RoShaun Williams both back to there best this season. Only a year younger than Tuanzebe I think Warren is 2 actually. Then we have Lee Oconner and DiShon Bernard turning 18 very soon.
    But Tuanzebe doing the bizz in the championship week in/week out tbf. Question with young CB's of his ilk is rarely "are they talented enough?", that's there for all to see, the questions are; "are they strong/robust enough yet for senior level?", "will they get bullied by physical, 'round the block strikers?" and he's went to one of the most physical, competitive leagues in world football in that regard and has played like a seasoned campaigner. I think he's ready. Slot him alongside Van Dijk for Liverpool in young Gomez's position and I doubt he'd blink.

20. Great to hear Garner will be on the bench tomorrow.

21. U19s Vs Valencia
    Fojticek, Tanner, Ercolani, O'Connor, Devine, Barlow, Gomes, McGhee, Ramazani, Chong, Burkart

Subs: Carney, Neville, Bejger, Denham, Helm, Fish, Shoretire

Good to see Burkart and Gomes back. Great that u18s Devine gets a start been impressive since signing. All the subs must be in cloud nine a mixture of our youngest u18s and highly rated u16s. Future star Shortire at 14 also on the bench

Bejger is another new signing. Think he is or has captained Poland at u18s. Highly rated CB who Bayern were also interested in. Been injured since signing
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 12/12/2018 at 12:37 PM.

22. 1-2 to Utd atm second half just started. They scored first after a O’Connor slip let in there STR. They then had an effort cleared off the line by McGhee. But since then it’s been all Utd. Gomes played a fantastic pass over the top to Chong. His effort was denied by a great save, but Burkart was there for the follow up. Ramanzani slotted it to Barlow who beat a couple of players to finish nicely. Chong has a stonewall peno turned down. And if not for there keeper we could of had 4 that half.

Valencia have come out strong early second half. Forcing a top draw save from Fjoiticek(DDGesque!) Valencia same as the first leg being dirty 6 bookings already. Chong, Gomes, Burkart stand out performances so far. Barlow, Ramanzani been good to.

Berjger, Neville on for Tanner and McGhee for there u19 debut. Then 5 mins later Butt calls 14yr old Shortire back and brings him on with 20 to play What an occasion for the lad 14yr old getting his u18/19 debut and in the youth eurocup.

Finished 1-2. Top of the group. Dominated Group. Great campaign so far for the young reds. All the subs got on to make there debuts.

Shortire is the youngest player to ever play in a UEFA youth game.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 12/12/2018 at 03:09 PM.
    ninjaskill likes this.

23. Just seen something posted about Shortire. 100 gls in his last 2 seasons. Jesus feck I knew he had been prolific and banging them in but
    steveorobbo likes this.

24. View image on Twitter
    Here's the #MUFC side for tonight's

Greenwood on the bench too

25. Who the f is Andreas?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Who the f is Andreas?
    Periera
    Tyton likes this.

27. Did anybody get injured that traveled because Jose said Greenwood was only the back-up player in case of injury and not on the bench?

28. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Did anybody get injured that traveled because Jose said Greenwood was only the back-up player in case of injury and not on the bench?
    Jose says a lot of things lol. Said on mutv that there was no new injuries in the last trainees no session.

29. Phil Jones being shite. Shocker....

This is just a pure shit show!
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 12/12/2018 at 09:40 PM.

30. Another absolute shite half of football from United, don't give a shit if we've already qualified. This is embarrassing to bloody watch, no one can tell me that these players are playing for Mourinho. Absolute torture even watching United this season.

31. Worst half this season. And I don’t blame Jose one bit for that shite. No effort. Can’t complete a 2yrd pass. No pressing. Non of these bar Bailly would start against Pool they should be ashamed!

Also definitely witnessed candidate for miss of the season by Pogba. Wtf was that!
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 12/12/2018 at 09:58 PM.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Worst half this season. And I don’t blame Jose one bit for that shite. No effort. Can’t complete a 2yrd pass. No pressing. Non of these bar Bailly would start against Pool they should be ashamed!
    I blame nearly all of it on Mourinho, he can't just throw in a load of players he hasn't given virtually any consistent football and expect them to perform as a team. It's ridiculous how he has treated Fred this season, he came to us as one of the best midfielders in Europe and now look what we've done to him. Same can be said for Pereira, he was great last season on loan and Jose doesn't give him any football until now.

33. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    I blame nearly all of it on Mourinho, he can't just throw in a load of players he hasn't given virtually any consistent football and expect them to perform as a team. It's ridiculous how he has treated Fred this season, he came to us as one of the best midfielders in Europe and now look what we've done to him. Same can be said for Pereira, he was great last season on loan and Jose doesn't give him any football until now.
    When was Fred one of the best CM in Europe it’s no excuse for the players to not be able to make passes a 10 yr old would make. Embarrassing the lot of them with the money there on! And Periera was poor the second half of last season and dropped.

Jones gonna Jones ))(((()())(

34. Hahaha
    Oeh...

35. How has any competent board or manager at United ever agreed to giving Jones a contract.... banter.

36. Why the fuck is Pogba joking with Kondogbia when we are 2-0 down and marking a corner!

Game time or not Fred’s had stinker tonight. Not the only one mind in CM they all have. Least he’s tried to pass forward I guess. Won’t get to see both Garner and Greenwood tonight now.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 12/12/2018 at 10:21 PM.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Why the fuck is Pogba joking with Kondogbia when we are 2-0 down and marking a corner!
    Can't stick up for him anymore, I honestly don't know where we go with this team and manager from here. Will be a right mess for whoever has to sort this out next season, Mourinho or not.

38. Tell you what we've missed a proper opportunity tonight as well the way it's going in the other game at the moment. With Young Boys winning and if we had of won tonight, could of topped the group. Would end up with a much better/easier (on paper) for next round opponent.

But we got this.... performance/result.

39. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Tell you what we've missed a proper opportunity tonight as well the way it's going in the other game at the moment. With Young Boys winning and if we had of won tonight, could of topped the group. Would end up with a much better/easier (on paper) for next round opponent.

But we got this.... performance/result.
    Said to a mate a work. No games a gimme and we need to do our job just in case. Well we have truly fecked up a good chance to go top and get a better draw....
    zzeezzy likes this.

40. Meanwhile, Bayern vs. Ajax is absolute thriller.

41. Holy fuck this game is insane.

42. Right result. Shocking performance. No surprise we pressed better once Lingard and Rashford came on. Lukaku and especially Pogba can fuck off back to the bench against Pool. In fact all of these except Bailly that started.

43. Modern Day Legend
    Useless ________!

We have one possible horrendous trip and you could have removed it.

Damn it!

44. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Useless ________!

We have one possible horrendous trip and you could have removed it.

Damn it!
    Good to see they managed to do something right ie piss off Scouse lol.

45. What the hell is our CB pair for Liverpool dare I ask? I'd personally go for Bailly and Smalling.

46. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    What the hell is our CB pair for Liverpool dare I ask? I'd personally go for Bailly and Smalling.
    all 11 you know he will park the bus
    zzeezzy likes this.

47. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    all 11 you know he will park the bus
    Think if they score early we're getting steamrolled.

48. Tbh it's at a stage now that even if Jose got stacked I'd be pretty motionless. Left it too late

49. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Think if they score early we're getting steamrolled.
    Less of that talk you!!!!

United getting a big doing at Anfield might well be the final straw.

That wouldn’t be good. At all!

The Mourinho project needs protecting!

50. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Less of that talk you!!!!

United getting a big doing at Anfield might well be the final straw.

That wouldn’t be good. At all!

The Mourinho project needs protecting!
    you can go back to the cheap seats for now be gone thot lol
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO