Like Tree39110Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cfc12345 View Post
    Has the Liverpool keeper made any big saves since or am I missing something? The fact De Gea has conceded two deflected goals doesn’t change the fact he is better than Alisson.
    The fact Alisson has been the best ‘keeper in all Europes top 5 leagues this year makes your whole point, right here, right now, pretty much redundant.

2. I'd even throw Spurs in that bracket Scouse, they've been just as consistant as anyone over 2 years.

3. Modern Day Legend
    That’s a fair shout.

I think I was just about the only non-Utd fan that had them finishing top 4 this year in the pre-season predictions with Tottenham dipping out with Arsenal.

Yeah. I was WAY too generous there. And undersold that Tottenham consistency.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    That’s a fair shout.

I think I was just about the only non-Utd fan that had them finishing top 4 this year in the pre-season predictions with Tottenham dipping out with Arsenal.

Yeah. I was WAY too generous there. And undersold that Tottenham consistency.
    Had them also in top3 even. But glad one of my prediction hit the mark for now
    18. Southampton - Hughes sacked before half season.
    And there is time for this
    6. United - Mou wont last until half a season.

5. Apparently Mourinho was sacked for Chelsea 17th December....... the date tomorrow is....... bottle job board won't act.

I don't what is worse, our performance today or people I see elsewhere backing Mourinho still. Honestly I think it would take him wearing a Liverpool jersey at this point for some people to ever think it's not his fault.

6. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Apparently Mourinho was sacked for Chelsea 17th December....... the date tomorrow is....... bottle job board won't act.

I don't what is worse, our performance today or people I see elsewhere backing Mourinho still. Honestly I think it would take him wearing a Liverpool jersey at this point for some people to ever think it's not his fault.
    Tbf, Chelsea were a point above relegation lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

7. I gotta disagree here, they defended rather well. In the second half you were reduced to hail mary longshots.

8. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    I gotta disagree here, they defended rather well. In the second half you were reduced to hail mary longshots.
    The exageration there aside, they improved their shape slightly second half but overall the tactics were abysmal. The 3 were deep, static and flat. Which just allowed our three to interchange as they do and switch, drop and pull them all over. No communication between the defence and midfield (F knows what Matic was doing?), and bar a short period after Utd scored they never got the WB’s working at all. Even with a 4 the second half they didn’t change much. Fellani helped but you could see de Gea getting visably more and more frustrated with the lack of pretty much anything in front of him second half on fromt of us.
    zzeezzy likes this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    The exageration there aside, they improved their shape slightly second half but overall the tactics were abysmal. The 3 were deep, static and flat. Which just allowed our three to interchange as they do and switch, drop and pull them all over. No communication between the defence and midfield (F knows what Matic was doing?), and bar a short period after Utd scored they never got the WB’s working at all. Even with a 4 the second half they didn’t change much. Fellani helped but you could see de Gea getting visably more and more frustrated with the lack of pretty much anything in front of him second half on fromt of us.
    it does not matter what shape we play or who playes no 1 wants to play for him feel sorry for dave there is only so much he can do
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

10. It's much better when you don't allow it to annoy you This season doesn't count. August 2019 please

11. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Agree with you Scouse, congratulations today by the way, fully deserved. But regarding the shape (or lack of at times), I have no idea what our midfielders were doing at times in that game. Players like Matic and Herrera just kept dropping back almost into our back line.... then wonder why players like Fabinho have so much space. I thought he totally ran that game today, but he was allowed to which was the most depressing thing.

But yeah, Matic has been awful for months, today he wasn't the worst which is worrying... Herrera looked just as clueless.

12. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    It's much better when you don't allow it to annoy you This season doesn't count. August 2019 please
    not let it annoy me since mou got the job tbh

13. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    It's much better when you don't allow it to annoy you This season doesn't count. August 2019 please
    my feelings exactly

14. Modern Day Legend
    Ta z. Appreciated. Honestly never expected that. Just so used to Utd having the Indian sign over us. But then the last few years, culminating in todays carnage, you’ve been getting worse and worse with every visit. A far cry from Fergusons days huh when even the back end when talent dropped off and he started being derensive ar ours, at the very least Utd always compeated until the the final whistle.

If it’s any consolation man, as regards Fabinho, he’s been getting more and more dominant by the game the past month or so now he’s gotten upto speed with both the mad nature of PL footie and more so learning and getting down everything we ask of our midfielders. Crazy some of the early season narking, not least from many Reds, that he wasn’t playing and making an instant impact. Now hes starting to show the same dominance that made him so integral for Jardim at Monaco.

Your midfield was a non-existent shit show though like. Just no communication and absolutely zero leaders in that side at all. And then for him to roll out Fellani and leave Pogba the bench in Utd’s biggest game of the season ..... That might be what finally tips the boards hand. When rhings inevitably come to a head with Pogba.

Surely Utd won’t want to lose his markability alone for the sake of the manager?

15. Coulda played Ederson & Allisson in centre mid today and still dominated (Prob had more of the long shots on target as well) lol.
    Bujakaa92 likes this.

16. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Coulda played Ederson & Allisson in centre mid today and still dominated (Prob had more of the long shots on target as well) lol.
    Should do that January. Have both ‘keepers pop up half way taking each other on.

Completely F with everyones minds whilst Klopp amd Guardiola are P themselves ^5ing each other the bench.
    Bujakaa92 likes this.

17. I'd be disgusted if we spend any money on a defender this January and yet we won't pay the money on terminating Jose, Absolutely pointless making any signing in January now and especially under this clueless manager.

18. Got to say everything Neville and Keane said was pretty much spot on about the mess this board is and the state of it under them. It was so refreshing to hear two club legends talk like this and I sincerely hope it is a wake up call. But sadly I don't think it will be. Even Souness/Carragher was talking sense as well, must watch for any United fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv3k8gBZl_A

19. Casillas on twitter: “According to a Portuguese newspaper someone (Jose) said that a player like me is at the end of his career. Completely agree! My question for that newspaper: in the case of coaches, when and at what point do you see that they are no longer to lead a team or train?”
    zzeezzy and Scouseinthehouse like this.

20. We've just been drawn PSG last 16 CL, that's us out then. Totally deserved a tough tie after how disgraceful we were in approaching last game of group and could of won the group got easier draw. Our last CL football for a while, make the most of these two legs.
    Last edited by zzeezzy; 17/12/2018 at 12:18 PM.

21. So thats that for Mou. He's here till March. One can only hope in these dark days.

22. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    We've just been drawn PSG last 16 CL, that's us out then. Totally deserved a tough tie after how disgraceful we were in approaching last game of group and could of won the group got easier draw. Our last CL football for a while, make the most of these two legs.
    Wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss Utd’s chances. ToD spent the group telling us PSG were nottin’ special.

God that was cruel of Sky haha. Neville looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but sat there after such a doing.

All bang on points though. You are like the L’pool you naturally used to mock through most of the PL era. Making the same repeated mistakes from top to bottom. The way Utd have fallen off a cliff and been left SO far behind SO quickly ..... it’s so like L’pool at the end of the arl First Division/ start the new PL it’s uncanny. Gonna’ take a LOT more than just binng him to sort turn this around.
    Last edited by Scouseinthehouse; 17/12/2018 at 01:49 PM.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss Utd’s chamces. ToD spent the group telling us PSG were nottin’ special.

God that was cruel of Sky haha. Neville looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but sat there after such a doing.

All bang on points though. You are like the L’pool you naturally used to mick through most of the PL era. Making the same repeated mistakes from top to bottom. The way Utd have fallen off a cliff and been left SO far behind SO quickly ..... it’s so like L’pool at the end of the arl First Division/ start the new PL it’s uncanny. Gonna’ take a LOT more than just binng him to sort turn this around.
    Be surprised how much a manager can change the state of a club. Literally every appointment has had a significant impact recently in PL top clubs. Mourinho had a title-winning side facing relegation the next season until he was sacked. Conte comes in and wins the PL, then it goes to shit again and they hire Sarri. They look totally transformed in terms of their style of play within a few months with the same dressing room of players mostly.

We are a shitshow top to bottom, but I firmly believe that Mourinho is the first problem that needs binning and should of been done before now. There is no style of play, biggest player sat on the bench and a ton of talent wasted.

24. At least my outright bet on PSG is guaranteed to live another day

25. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    At least my outright bet on PSG is guaranteed to live another day
    The tie will probably be over in first leg at OT, PSG will definitely score a few goals.

26. I'm all in for Jones/Smalling vs Neymar/Mbappe.
    Tyton and Scouseinthehouse like this.

27. You just watch, Jose will park the bus at OT with 10 people and win a 1-0 after own goal from Verrati.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    You just watch, Jose will park the bus at OT with 10 people and win a 1-0 after own goal from Verrati.
    Can't see it, even his luck has ran out now. If PSG score early, it's curtains lets be honest. Them having it at OT is a massive advantage first rather so they can capitalise on away goals. Get a nice lead and kill the tie.
    Tyton likes this.

29. United does have a decent backspine. Best GK in the world, couple competant defenders in Bailly and Smalling ( yes, Smalling, he knows how to defend at least. He might not be the first team material, but still good option to have as a backup). Seems like RB is sorted with Dalot, even though its still early. Shaw keeps improving and developing chemistry with Martial, who's good as anyone in the league, just lacks consistency with his decisions. And there's Pogba, who can be whatever he wants. And there's plenty of decent squad options like Rashford, Lingard, Fred, Herrera and Matic. Even Fellaini is decent weapon to have in some games.

Also young players look fantastic. Tuanzebe should be in first team next season. Gomez, Chong and Greenwood all look at the breaking point as well.

Just need few more players and proper strategy how to play football, doesnt fucking matter if its total football or parking the bus, stick to something and build team around the idea. With the right manager, in two years United can be back challenging for the league.

30. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    I'm all in for Jones/Smalling vs Neymar/Mbappe.
    That fucker just got a new contract and is reportedly on more than £100k a week and will get a fucking testimonial! Don't get me wrong Jones is another level of shite, but Smalling is a liability as well in terms of injuries/consistency etc.

We're being run by a bunch of imbeciles!!!! I just checked the stats from four games at Anfield, three who are fighting against relegation: -

Liverpool vs Southampton - Liverpool had 12 shots.

Liverpool vs Cardiff - Liverpool had 19 shots

Liverpool vs Fulham - 21 shots

Liverpool vs United - 36 shots (with more on target as well than any of those above, 11 for reference).

-----------------------------------------------

At what level of shite do this board need for them to actually make a change? My god.

31. I would say that shots made by opponent are more fault of midfield than defenders.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    I would say that shots made by opponent are more fault of midfield than defenders.
    Oh yeah, the whole team isn't functioning properly as a footballing team, that is only down to one man. Yes there is other problems at the club, but firs and foremost we're talking about the football on the pitch.

It is a message that needs repeating, because plenty disagree with it: This is not a bad group of players. It is not an ideal squad, of course, but then nor is Tottenham’s or Chelsea’s. Most of this squad have succeeded at Manchester United or elsewhere before joining them. Paul Pogba won the World Cup in the summer. Romelu Lukaku and Victor Lindelof excelled at the same tournament. Marcus Rashford is one of England’s brightest young lights. Eric Bailly, Nemanja Matic and Fred excelled enough at previous clubs to persuade Mourinho to part with more than £110m for them.

The squad was also good enough to win five of its first six matches last season to initially keep pace with Manchester City, and beat each of the top six in at least one league game in 2017/18. They have not all lost their ability.

But all of them succeeded outside a toxic environment and within a consistent system that helped them flourish. They are a group devoid of confidence, made miserable by their habitat. And the responsibility for that lies with the manager. If one or two key players were in abject form, it would be on them. If every member of the squad is, it suggests that the system itself is broken. Mourinho’s man-management has not worked. His constant tinkering with formations and personnel has not worked. His siege mentality has not worked. Nothing is working.

--------------------------

Taken from article from Daniel Storey, tell you what he's absolutely spot on once again.
    Mike. likes this.

33. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    This, the manager got backed, by and large, and he's not delivering. The only reason he's still here is because the United squad, bar perhaps Pogba (and he's not done it yet) is currently too profession to go full Chelsea on him. Because the heirarchy sure as shit havent got the spine for it
    zzeezzy likes this.

34. Modern Day Legend
    Cracking, and wholly relevant, Utd referenced piece from Joyce last week on proper club structure:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/m...rket-v3grq5hwc

35. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Not really that relevant. United had a model that worked, they just havent replaced the man that made it work: David Gill

36. Modern Day Legend
    It’d still of needed tweeking to evolve to keep pace in an ever evolving football World.

Thats one of Mourinho’s biggest managerial failings too. But thats on him and out of Utd or any other clubs control given his character.

37. If hierarchy had any spine, they would have told Mourinho to fuck off the minute after he started campaigning for Van Gaal's job when LVG was still the manager. I wouldn't hire a person like that to guard a broom closet, let alone be a face of 2 billion operation.

38. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    If hierarchy had any spine, they would have told Mourinho to fuck off the minute after he started campaigning for Van Gaal's job when LVG was still the manager. I wouldn't hire a person like that to guard a broom closet, let alone be a face of 2 billion operation.
    At least Madrid board despite the cunts they are actually make the decision when it is needed in order to save a season.
    Tyton likes this.

39. Martial extension has been triggered.

40. Shola Shortire got a Hat trick and 2 assists on his England u15 debut against Turkey

41. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Martial extension has been triggered.
    Desperation at this point mate, triggering all these one-year extensions that was in their previous contract so they can't talk to foreign clubs in January.

Just says to me more than anything right now that we can't tie our best players down to contracts, I can't see that changing and with the way it's going..... the time to turn round and change their mind with new manager..... they won't have long enough. If we keep Mourinho until the summer, most of these players will only have 12 months left on contract at that point.

42. It would be madness if the let Jose invest some money...

I think United guys even want CL loss as this will make sure Jose is let go. But damn if he makes some miracles and goes all the way for CL win and stays. I cant imagine the frustration from fans even after CL title.
    zzeezzy likes this.

43. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    It would be madness if the let Jose invest some money...

I think United guys even want CL loss as this will make sure Jose is let go. But damn if he makes some miracles and goes all the way for CL win and stays. I cant imagine the frustration from fans even after CL title.
    To be honest if Mourinho performed a miracle and won CL, then that would truly turn all haters into lovers again. It's football fans at the end of the day mate, fickle!

44. Anthony Martial’s agent Philippe Lamboley on longer-term contract talks: “I am very pessimistic about discussions going positively... They’ve already made several offers that come nowhere near to what we expect.” (RMC)

45. U18s Youth Cup - Manchester United vs Chelsea.

At Leigh Sports Village
    Kick off at 7pm
    Live on MUTV

Chelsea has won the cup 6 out of last 7 times.

#MUAcademy FA Youth Cup third round: United v Chelsea - Thompson; Puigmal, Bernard, Garner, B. Williams (c); Galbraith, Levitt, Traore; McCann, Mellor, Greenwood.

Substitutes: Carney, Mengi, McGhee, Elanga, Ramazani.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 17/12/2018 at 07:25 PM.

46. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Anthony Martial’s agent Philippe Lamboley on longer-term contract talks: “I am very pessimistic about discussions going positively... They’ve already made several offers that come nowhere near to what we expect.” (RMC)
    Yep and trust me this could just be the start of an implosion at United..... we will struggle to tie down any of our top players long-term now when they see what wages Sanchez is on and to a lesser extent average players Smalling earning reportedly over £100k a week.

Sorry but if Mourinho was serious when he said he'll leave this club in a better position than LVG did... he's just a downright liar. We are not only going to lose our top players but the identity has been destroyed also.

47. The so called Utd identity has been gone even before Fergie left. The footy has been terrible for donkeys except the odd game here and the odd comeback.

God knows when it will change. Not before we are out of the CL I would assume.

48. 1-0 Utd. Mellor with the flick on. Ball was rolling through to the keeper who tried to do god knows what and loses the ball Greenwood steals it for an easy tap in.

Great to see all the other youth teams there watching. And Ex players like Neville’s, Butt, Scholes, O’Shea, Brown, Carrick.

Woodward just rocked up :/

1-1 good play by Chelsea Lampaty finishes it. Very even half.

Get in there 2-1 Utd scoring 1 min into the second half. Great play by Traore in CM. Slots the ball to Greenwood who after a couple of step overs slots it bottom corner with his RF. Second goal of the game

McCann went off for 15 yr old Tedan Mengi in a change of shape.

3-1 Utd Header for DiShon Bernard against his old club with a great header. Greenwood has been out of this planet tonight! Chelsea can only stop him by hacking him down. 67 mins gone.

Fisty cuffs lol massive 22 man scuffle then 15 yr old Mengi comes in and clears the lot of the Chelsea players out what a beast

Shite. Bernard off for a second yellow after hacking down Lampty. Real fisty game now.

Get the fuck in!!! Greenwood hat trick 4-1. Feck you Chelsea and all the big guns you brought back from higher ages to play. Absolutely battered them! What a team this young group is! Greenwood sensational. Garner top class just running the show with Traore. And the back 4, 3 of which are CMs have been top draw. Especially 15 year old Mengi since going down to 10 men.

4-2 now. Shocking peno decision foul clearly outside the box!
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 17/12/2018 at 09:44 PM.

49. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Greenwood has been out of this planet tonight! Chelsea can only stop him by hacking him down. 67 mins gone.
    I know it will never happen with this manager in charge but right now it would just be such a boost to see a player with the hunger of Greenwood in the first team. I don't see what harm it would do at all, Lukaku has offered next to nothing and it's as good time as any to make a claim. Especially against Cardiff, as we could really use his movement to get in behind their physical defenders.

But another part of me does say that maybe it's best Mourinho doesn't get his hands on him, leave him to develop until a proper manager like Pochettino or Zidane comes in.

50. Bye Chelsea what a win. What a performance! Greenwood what a player. No need to rush this lad. He’s waaaaaaay to good for u18/19 level! But he’s struggled a lot physically in the u23s this season. Yes he’s exciting and we love seeing young players come through. Just remember he’s only been 17 months. Nicky Butt and the youth staff will handle him and all these young lads properly.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 17/12/2018 at 10:01 PM.
    zzeezzy likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO