Like Tree39085Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. We need a striker more than anything atm though TOD, unless Solskjaer can revitalise Lukaku or can make someone else fire there. I know Greenwood is only like 17, but we shouldn't be letting age get in the way, this is how we have unearthed a lot of great players. Like you mentioned with Rashford, he wasn't even destined for the heights he reached when given an opportunity in the first team! He took it and now look at him, one of the best English players on his day.

2. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    We need a striker more than anything atm though TOD, unless Solskjaer can revitalise Lukaku or can make someone else fire there. I know Greenwood is only like 17, but we shouldn't be letting age get in the way, this is how we have unearthed a lot of great players. Like you mentioned with Rashford, he wasn't even destined for the heights he reached when given an opportunity in the first team! He took it and now look at him, one of the best English players on his day.
    If your looking for a STR then Burkart deserves a shot. He’s been posting impressive numbers himself since being here. Is more physically developed. Older and proven in the u23s. Rapid as fuck, can dribble not as good as Greenwood or as 2 footed but he is a natural finisher and his hold up play and we’re rate are very good also. With his low centre of gravity he will cause defenders a lot of problems couple with his movement.

Like I said no need to rush Greenwood!

3. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Yeah but at the same time, Greenwood is one of the most deserving players I've ever seen. He has like 20 goals in 19 games and is one of our biggest prospects in years. He's better than Rashford was at that age, I say give him a go this season at some point, maybe in FA Cup.
    I’ll see your 20 goal man and raise you two! A 17-year-old Scouse strike partnership on 19 and 17 goals respectively the first half the 18/19’s season. Both with double digit assits to their name to boot. But I intend to do a first half of the year review over Chrimbo so I’ll leave for then.

Just wanted to add.

As you were.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    I’ll see your 20 goal man and raise you two! A 17-year-old Scouse strike partnership on 19 and 17 goals respectively the first half the 18/19’s season. Both with double digit assits to their name to boot. But I intend to do a first half of the year review over Chrimbo so I’ll leave for then.

Just wanted to add.

As you were.
    It’s like saying let’s play Shola Shortire because he’s scored a 100gls + in his last 2 seasons in the academy.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

5. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    It’s like saying let’s play Shola Shortire because he’s scored a 100gls + in his last 2 seasons in the academy.
    I’ll raise you that for one of those lads records too coming through. Albeit elsewhere. Mellor was the best. He was banging in 40 a season at the arl 21’s level to go on top of his stupid younger records. And his pro career went nowhere.

This game could run and run haha.

6. Trying desperately to calm my nephew down who thinks these substandard players are suddenly going to start playing scintillating football and sweeping all before them.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Trying desperately to calm my nephew down who thinks these substandard players are suddenly going to start playing scintillating football and sweeping all before them.
    Not really substandard though is it? World-Class GK, One of the best strikers in World Cup, One of the best CB's in World Cup, one of the best French players which considering how much there is, that's no understatement. Sanchez was one of the best players in PL before he came here.

They've been performing substandard, but they certainly are not as bad as people make out. On paper there is so much quality in this squad, it's ridiculous how Mourinho thinks he had it so bad!

I'm not expecting a massive change today but gradual step in the right direction, you're not going to undo Mourinho's reign in one game.

8. Don’t expect to see a huge difference in squad rotation today either.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Don’t expect to see a huge difference in squad rotation today either.
    I'm hoping for Shaw - Lindelöf - Bailly - Dalot at least, our "best" ball playing defense I'd say?

10. Quote Originally Posted by RedUnited View Post
    I'm hoping for Shaw - Lindelöf - Bailly - Dalot at least, our "best" ball playing defense I'd say?
    Would like to see that, don't see why Lindelof and Bailly can't perform together if given time. Problem is with Mourinho he never allowed it to build because one bad performance and he changes the defence.

11. Quote Originally Posted by RedUnited View Post
    Not sure if Shaw is fully fit only been training a day or 2 max. Expect Young to start LB if he’s not same goes for Dalot he had a knock also.

12. If Dalot and Shaw are fit got to have them start for me! Young and Valencia been shite this season, want them gone at end of season. Don't get why some people still rate Young, he has cost us goals in quite a few games this season. Liverpool and Brighton spring to mind.
    RedUnited likes this.

13. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    If Dalot and Shaw are fit got to have them start for me! Young and Valencia been shite this season, want them gone at end of season. Don't get why some people still rate Young, he has cost us goals in quite a few games this season. Liverpool and Brighton spring to mind.
    Dont mind Young staying another season. Valencia 100% needs to go. Got a feeling Herrera r Young will captain today.
    Munroe likes this.

14. Kinda miss Rafael and Varela tbh, I knew they weren't perfect but just loved their attitude to every game and always giving 110%. As Mourinho would have said, they definitely were mad dogs! They had their flaws don't get me wrong, but still prefer to have Rafael over Young.

15. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Kinda miss Rafael and Varela tbh, I knew they weren't perfect but just loved their attitude to every game and always giving 110%. As Mourinho would have said, they definitely were mad dogs! They had their flaws don't get me wrong, but still prefer to have Rafael over Young.
    Rafa and Varela both should of stayed!
    zzeezzy and RedUnited like this.

16. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator

17. Jones Matic Young

Solskjaer probably didn't even pick this 11 lets be honest but seeing those 3 again makes me sad. Metic is a spent force, needs a rest.

18. Not surprised in the selection. Dalot and Bailly had knocks. Fred doesn’t look fit or sharp enough yet. Great to see that front 3! And Periera on the bench.

19. Huge chance to catch up on Chelsea today!

20. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Huge chance to catch up on Chelsea today!
    Yeah I'm not that confident though, players need to put in a performance.

21. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Yeah I'm not that confident though, players need to put in a performance.
    Good thing about this time of year. Things can change quickly in the league. Expect the players to be right at it.

22. What a start. What a free kick

23. Fun football is back Ole philosophy of shoot working a charm!

That Martial goal had McKenna all over it
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 22/12/2018 at 07:12 PM.

24. Bet the Cardiff fans are wishing Jose was back.

25. Man, it was good to finally see us attacking the ball. The commentator had it right - more than anything else, I think Jose leaving the dressing room has lifted spirits up.

26. One of the biggest things I noticed in that half apart from the obvious. Matic! More movement and is only averaging 3 touches per pass.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    One of the biggest things I noticed in that half apart from the obvious. Matic! More movement and is only averaging 3 touches per pass.
    He has been a lot better, but all of them have. We need to convert it into another half of football though. This game could still go either way, get the newt goal, hope that is Ole's message!

28. It is clear the players are less inhibited but put this into perpective it is Cardiff they are playing not one of the better teams in the league. There are still errors being committed but a convincing win here will help bring back lost confidence.

29. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    It is clear the players are less inhibited but put this into perpective it is Cardiff they are playing not one of the better teams in the league. There are still errors being committed but a convincing win here will help bring back lost confidence.
    Get your point, but we also just played Southampton who are much worse than Cardiff (at their stadium), we performed terribly there under Mourinho.

this is a step in the right direction so far and I'm happy if they keep it up!

30. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Get your point, but we also just played Southampton who are much worse than Cardiff (at their stadium), we performed terribly there under Mourinho.

ok who are you and what have you done with the real zz
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

31. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post

Southampton have improved over the last few weeks since getting rid of Hughes, but like you say United played terribly at their place. The performance so far has been infinitely better than any other this season which can only be a good thing. A few more games at this level and then the real potential of this squad will become evident. Players do not become poor overnight there is potential in this squad it is up to them now to prove how good they really are over the next 6 months.

32. Woop Woop. Great run by Lingard and great Peno!

33. What a 5th goal

34. First time we've scored 5 in a PL game since Fergie's last match; 5-5 vs. West Brom.

35. First time we've scored 5 goals in a game in 5 years

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

36. They probably made more shots on target in that game than they have in the last 4 games!!

37. We're going to win the Premier League and Champions league lads!!!!

In all seriousness, that was so refreshing to watch, Cardiff were awful but that Martial goal was class! Lets carry on some momentum.

38. Not getting too carried away because Cardiff are dog shite, but that's a step in the right direction. Good start.

39. Like a few have said. Let’s not get carried away to much. Cardiff are poo but the difference is there for all to see. Every single player looked better even the likes of Fred when he came on. Happy for Periera he won’t leave if Ole gives him mins. Like I said before. DDG, Martial will soon be signing them new deals. No surprise a good simple but good and happy performance from Pogba.

fuck it I am gonna get carried away tonight

40. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Like a few have said. Let’s not get carried away to much. Cardiff are poo but the difference is there for all to see. Every single player looked better even the likes of Fred when he came on. Happy for Periera he won’t leave if Ole gives him mins. Like I said before. DDG, Martial will soon be signing them new deals. No surprise a good simple but good and happy performance from Pogba.

Pogba wouldn't even of played today if Mourinho the cretin was still here!

41. If Lukaku gets that service he will soon be banging in the goals too.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Like a few have said. Let’s not get carried away to much. Cardiff are poo but the difference is there for all to see. Every single player looked better even the likes of Fred when he came on. Happy for Periera he won’t leave if Ole gives him mins. Like I said before. DDG, Martial will soon be signing them new deals. No surprise a good simple but good and happy performance from Pogba.

Don't do that ToD although Match of the Day will be an easier watch tonight, what with a freeflowing United and the defeat of City and Chelsea.

43. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    If Lukaku gets that service he will soon be banging in the goals too.
    Think he'll improve but I think Rashford's movement up there is so refreshing!

44. Nothing better than an Anthony Martial smile

45. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Nothing better than an Anthony Martial smile
    Messi Lingard hopefully his time of the year to have that month of form!

46. Ole to norwegian tv: When we get 1-0 we go for 2, when we get 2-0 we go for 3-0, 3-0 we go for 4....
    zzeezzy likes this.

47. Thought Lindelöf was fantastic tonight. Dealt with all the long balls and throws. And was key at bringing the ball out and starting attacks. Could oh had a couple if he was played in when making 2 great runs in the box from deep.
    zzeezzy and Munroe like this.

48. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Thought Lindelöf was fantastic tonight. Dealt with all the long balls and throws. And was key at bringing the ball out and starting attacks. Could oh had a couple if he was played in when making 2 great runs in the box from deep.
    Think Lindelöf is a real class defender in the making, I know he had a slow start but I really thought he was great as well today.

49. Loved Ole after match presser

OGS on fans' reaction: "It makes you proud. It is emotional. I am happy for them. It is a long ride up to Manchester and at least they can talk about the boys."

OGS: "Man Utd haven't scored five goals since Mick Phelan's last game."

OGS: "A @ManUtd team should never be outworked."

That last quote
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 22/12/2018 at 09:30 PM.

50. "Loosen the reins" and look what happens!

Still a mountain to climb before you get to 4th.
    Last edited by morimech; 22/12/2018 at 10:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO