Like Tree38878Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Starting to worry about TFM tbf, 2 average/below par loans.

2. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Starting to worry about TFM tbf, 2 average/below par loans.
    He shown more than to be good enough for the prem when played regular. He’s benn unlucky with both managers being sacked who wanted him and injuries. Was getting huge praise in his early days by Fulham fans. Pocketed Sane big time! Then a week or so later Sane admitted he was the toughest FB he’s come up against while playing in the Prem. Still a top talent and has all the attributes to develop and be a good player for us.

To which Sane answered: “It was before when I was playing against Kyle Walker. And now Crystal Palace’s and Fulham’s right-back Timothy Fosu-Mensah, I have played against him twice these seasons, and even last season, he had me really well under control and I told him how happy I was to play against him.”

Pep even admitted to swapping his side to get Sane more in the game. Did well against Hazard too.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 03/01/2019 at 07:37 PM.

3. Thinking about Reading. Can’t believe forgot about Garner potentially being involved.

4. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Starting to worry about TFM tbf, 2 average/below par loans.
    That's because he is average/below average apart from being unusually big and strong for his age.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    That's because he is average/below average apart from being unusually big and strong for his age.
    lmao joke statement!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    lmao joke statement!
    Yeah mate he's new Beckenbauer just like Januzaj was new Messi, James Wilson was new Inzaghi and Pereira new Pirlo. Just somehow can't make a squad in relegation fodder.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Yeah mate he's new Beckenbauer just like Januzaj was new Messi, James Wilson was new Inzaghi and Pereira new Pirlo. Just somehow can't make a squad in relegation fodder.
    thats a bit harch on wilson inzaghi was utter shite
    Tyton likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    But?? But?? He is brilliant in a computer game???
    That means he is brilliant in real life!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    whoever said any of that needs to give there head a wobble. Yes I’m guilty of overhyping some of our youth but not for no reason! Your not shit or poor technically if your highly rated at Ajax academy. Or feature and captain at times for every youth age internationally and were being chased by Juve, Bayern and a host of other clubs before signing for arguably the biggest club in world football. Or have close to 50+ starts in the Prem by the age of 20. Just lucky I guess....

10. Ducker saying the club have no intention of selling Bailly in Jan or the summer. And Di Marzio saying Valencia agent has offered him to Inter Milan on a free in the Summer.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    But?? But?? He is brilliant in a computer game???
    That means he is brilliant in real life!!
    He's not. That is, if you're talking FM. FIFA, you can make almost anyone work and do most things, so eh.

12. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Eriksen is probably the best AM in the world this season. He's so underrated.....
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post

------------

I never think Eriksen & Pogba would work in a team together anyway, maybe I'm wrong but I can't see it. .....
    How would anyone not want the pure numbers alone in their squad? Seriously. Any mamager worth his salt would make that work.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoChatra/...47678131572737
    Bujakaa92 likes this.

13. Lukaku and Sanchez start against reading Ole confirms. Pogba very unlikely as he is suffering after the Shelvey challenge. Smalling, Rojo, Fellaini also out.

OGS has not spoken to @ManUtd about future: "When I came in, they were open and honest about the process of looking for the next manager. The more you are here, the more you enjoy it. When they announce the next manager, good luck to them."

OGS on transfer window: "I am sure they have targets. I am here to voice my opinion. I am sure we will sit down if they have anything in the pipeline."

Solskjaer warns his Man Utd players their four-day mid-season trip to Dubai is "not a holiday" as he aims to get them even fitter for the second half of the season #MUFC
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 04/01/2019 at 10:16 AM.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    OGS has not spoken to @ManUtd about future: "When I came in, they were open and honest about the process of looking for the next manager. The more you are here, the more you enjoy it. When they announce the next manager, good luck to them."

OGS on transfer window: "I am sure they have targets. I am here to voice my opinion. I am sure we will sit down if they have anything in the pipeline."
    The Ole situation is concerning.
    He has been suprisingly good.
    If he continues with this style and confidense, maybe lose some 3-4 games, but go down swinging. He is doing amazingly but with the team, fans love and good old "until last blood drop" style back. But still United will trigger finger some other manager like Zidane or someone else and that does not work out or takes a lot of time. No idea how hard this can backfire for the team and fan.
    United board making right decision will be interesting watch.

15. The pool is only gonna get smaller. With Rose, Allegri, Jardim, Nagglesman all out of contention.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    The Ole situation is concerning.
    He has been suprisingly good.
    If he continues with this style and confidense, maybe lose some 3-4 games, but go down swinging. He is doing amazingly but with the team, fans love and good old "until last blood drop" style back. But still United will trigger finger some other manager like Zidane or someone else and that does not work out or takes a lot of time. No idea how hard this can backfire for the team and fan.
    United board making right decision will be interesting watch.
    Far too early to judge ole though in my opinion, the true test is Spurs and that run of tough fixtures in February. I don't really want the club to take a gamble, next season is too crucial, but unless it's Pochettino we're getting you could make the case that anyone else would be anyway.

17. Hole we see Chong tomorrow, we need a player like him so badly to blossom on that right-hand side. Sick of seeing makeshift players like Mata there not offering enough and just making us narrow. Also one other thing about mata, he's a nice person but his work-rate is nowhere near that of someone like Bernardo Silva or even David Silva.

18. Chong will defo be in the squad tomorrow.

19. Ebony Salmon young 17yr old STR has gone on loan to Sheff Utd

20. From Stoney BBC: New arrivals not been entirely ruled out by @ManUtd this month but it is unlikely. Club dubious whether teams would sell players they would want mid-season.

21. Not the confirmed squad but who has been seen at the Lowry. Greenwood and Gomes have knocks apparently(MEN) but once again not confirmed!

At the Hotel

Goalkeepers (2): Sergio Romero, Lee Grant
    Defenders (5): Diogo Dalot, Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Matteo Darmian
    Midfielders (5): James Garner, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Marouane Fellaini, Fred
    Forwards : Juan Mata, Alexis Sanchez, Tahith Chong, Marcus Rashford, Romelu Lukaku, Anthony Martial

22. Confirmed 11:
    Romero
    Dalot Darmian Jones Young
    McTominay
    Fred Andreas
    Mata Lukaku Sanchez

Subs, Grant, Lindelof, Rashford, Martial, Fellaini, Garner, Chong

23. Mata Should of used Chong on the right, perfect game for him. Bit disappointed with that lineup I'll be honest, that CB partnership is awful.

24. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Mata Should of used Chong on the right, perfect game for him. Bit disappointed with that lineup I'll be honest, that CB partnership is awful.
    Lol. What’s to be disappointed with? We have no fit CBs what did you expect? Chong was never gonna start he’s been injured for weeks and not long been training again. Perfectly good team imo with players neededing game time. Enjoy it mate it Reading and under Ole have full confidence to see a few goals today. Chong and Garner will get mins also

Not you Zz but the negativity regarding the line up is fecking mind boggling ffs some people! Jose no rotation policy means Ole has to give players mins to get on side and keep squad happy. And it’s a full strength Reading team in the competition we realistically have a chance of wining. And some fans want 6/7 youngsters to start
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 05/01/2019 at 12:47 PM.

25. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Mata Should of used Chong on the right, perfect game for him. Bit disappointed with that lineup I'll be honest, that CB partnership is awful.
    What line up were you expecting?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Lol. What’s to be disappointed with? We have no fit CBs what did you expect? Chong was never gonna start he’s been injured for weeks and not long been training again. Perfectly good team imo with players neededing game time. Enjoy it mate it Reading and under Ole have full confidence to see a few goals today. Chong and Garner will get mins also
    To me this just shows how much deadwood we need to get rid of because our squad is too bloated and we need to be seeing more youth in games like this. Not players we don't even want here anymore like Darmian. I take that we don't have a CB available, but why we couldn't get someone like Ro-Shaun Williams from the youth? much more beneficial than using Darmian or Jones in this game. Players like Roshaun are 20 already so he's not exactly a kid anymore either.

I definitely wanted to see Chong today, why we are playing Mata again he's bloody awful on that right side and today was our only chance to see him from the start in a game most likely.

27. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    To me this just shows how much deadwood we need to get rid of because our squad is too bloated and we need to be seeing more youth in games like this. Not players we don't even want here anymore like Darmian. I take that we don't have a CB available, but why we couldn't get someone like Ro-Shaun Williams from the youth? much more beneficial than using Darmian or Jones in this game. Players like Roshaun are 20 already so he's not exactly a kid anymore either.

I definitely wanted to see Chong today, why we are playing Mata again he's bloody awful on that right side and today was our only chance to see him from the start in a game most likely.
    Yeah we do have to much deadwood but Ole has still got to keep the squad together and happy. Periera, McTominey, Garner, Chong, Dalot is enough youth for me. Darmian a good defender don’t see the problem tbh. RoShaun can’t play as the u23s have an important game to get them promotion back to the u23 premier league. Also we have a few injuries at that level hence why he’s not being risked. Like I said it’s Reading and Mata is more than good enough to start. Then let Chong come on when the games won, and get some mins after a long lay off. Chillax mate
    zzeezzy likes this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yeah we do have to much deadwood but Ole has still got to keep the squad together and happy. Periera, McTominey, Garner, Chong, Dalot is enough youth for me. Darmian a good defender don’t see the problem tbh. RoShaun can’t play as the u23s have an important game to get them promotion back to the u23 premier league. Also we have a few injuries at that level hence why he’s not being risked. Like I said it’s Reading and Mata is more than good enough to start. Then let Chong come on when the games won, and get some mins after a long lay off. Chillax mate
    Tbh my biggest worry about this is not seeing Valencia in the squad, does that mean he's resting him for next week vs Spurs?? God hope not.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    What line up were you expecting?
    Kovar

Dalot-Tuanzebe-RoShaun-Laird
    Garner
    Fred-Periera
    Gomes-Greenwood-Chong

only joking Z

30. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Tbh my biggest worry about this is not seeing Valencia in the squad, does that mean he's resting him for next week vs Spurs?? God hope not.
    Yeah I think his best days are behind him. But defending wise he’s still got it. Will be him or Young against Spurs no doubt.

31. Great to see Carrick in the warm up advising Mctominay, Fred, Periera
    zzeezzy likes this.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yeah I think his best days are behind him. But defending wise he’s still got it. Will be him or Young against Spurs no doubt.
    Unfortunately Ole seems to be persisting with Sanche on the left also, can't see what we're achieving with him there because Martial is always going to occupy that spot. Didn't he play on the right when he came on as a sub against Newcastle? Can't remember now.

33. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Unfortunately Ole seems to be persisting with Sanche on the left also, can't see what we're achieving with him there because Martial is always going to occupy that spot. Didn't he play on the right when he came on as a sub against Newcastle? Can't remember now.
    Don’t think he will persist with him on the left. We’ve been super fluid and likely only starting there today as there is no Martial starting.

Garner and Chong look buzzing in the warm up.

34. Great peno and correct decision by VAR!

35. My word, we got outplayed by Reading in that half and I have no idea how we managed to score 2 goals really! Bit concerned by that performance though in first half, didn't see anyone really perform that well, good finish by Lukaku and that's about it.

36. Tbh we have been poor. And Ole needs to take the blame for some of that! Hopefully that goal kills it! Great pass and finish tbf.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Tbh we have been poor. And Ole needs to take the blame for some of that! Hopefully that goal kills it! Great pass and finish tbf.
    Maybe the new manager bounce is wearing off, even though we got win vs Newcastle thought we were pretty lethargic in that game as well. We all know it's a rebuilding process at United but think Ole needs to get more out of these players in second half for sure.

38. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Maybe the new manager bounce is wearing off, even though we got win vs Newcastle thought we were pretty lethargic in that game as well. We all know it's a rebuilding process at United but think Ole needs to get more out of these players in second half for sure.
    Agee mate but you could still see that the pressing intent was there and the willing to get forward quickly. Today we have clearly sat off not pressed at all. Apart from Fred who imo best player so far despite a few iffy touches. Need to up the tempo.

Can tell Periera isn’t a 6! All over the place positionally.

39. Chong

40. Pereira has been awful today. Surprised by Darmian at CB. Think he's had a really good game and brought the ball out well. Sanchez crap again and injured.

41. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Pereira has been awful today. Surprised by Darmian at CB. Think he's had a really good game and brought the ball out well. Sanchez crap again and injured.
    That whole CM infact team looked like a team with 9 changes and players seriously short of any football. Sanchez clearly not matchbfit yet, had a coupe sect moments especially that assist. Can’t complain tbh 2 gls a clean sheet, some youngsters featured and never looked troubled. Onto the next round

Not surprised about Darmian tbh. He’s a good defender. Just not a good attacking FB.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 05/01/2019 at 03:30 PM.

42. We need to do some serious clear out and be ruthless in the summer, we can't afford to keep these players for yet another cycle under a new manager that comes in the summer: -

Pereira, Fellaini, McTominay, Sanchez, Valencia, Young, Mata, Darmian, Jones.

------

I'm probably missing a few but all these I'm sorry have got to go, they have had chance after chance, are either past ir or not good enough. Clear out this over bloated squad and replace it with one or two first team signings and some of the youth on the fringes that also come back from loan. Darmian played well today and I like him but he wants to leave so that will happen.
    Last edited by zzeezzy; 05/01/2019 at 03:31 PM.

43. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    We need to do some serious clear out and be ruthless in the summer, we can't afford to keep these players for yet another cycle under a new manager that comes in the summer: -

Pereira, Fellaini, McTominay, Sanchez, Valencia, Young, Mata, Darmian, Jones.

------

I'm probably missing a few but all these I'm sorry have got to go, they have had chance after chance, are either past ir or not good enough. Clear out this over bloated squad and replace it with one or two first team signings and some of the youth on the fringes that also come back from loan. Darmian played well today and I like him but he wants to leave so that will happen.
    Jeez mate. That’s some FM type shit right there lol. Mata is a good player. Periera hasn’t had a quarter of a chance here Thought Sanchez was decent and needs a chance under Ole. The rest I agree with Except Young. Mctominay needs a loan to a Prem/Championship and to be seen after 20+ regular games.

44. There's nothing you can take from a dead lunchtime, second string FA Cup. Literally nothing lads. Result, in the hat. Bring on Spurs.

45. Only one league would buy Sanchez and that is China. The wages he is on, noone will take a look at him, not this summer for sure.

46. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    There's nothing you can take from a dead lunchtime, second string FA Cup. Literally nothing lads. Result, in the hat. Bring on Spurs.
    What do we do then just never judge them when fringe players get a chance like today? Ridiculous attitude mate, that's why we're stuck with a lot of dross. That's exactly what they are, a lot of them played bad today and also against Valencia. We don't see them any other time because they are not good enough. Sure Mata played vs Newcastle but he was bad then as well.

I agree TOD it is but we have to if we want to move forward, who of those players I listed are seriously still good enough? Sanchez is on insane wages and he wasn't good enough again today. Plus he is injury-prone now as well, constantly picks up niggles will be out for a few more weeks and then back to square one again with him. We don't even need Sanchez if the insistence is that he plays on the left. It only disrupts Martial more than anything.

The rest of them are rubbish honestly, McTominay will never cut it at United. Jones is a calamity, Young is an old failed winger now fullback that is near 34 now. Much the same for the rest of them I mentioned. Why are we keeping this dross if we want to get back to an intense attacking style of football under a new manager? They'll never cut it.

47. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    What do we do then just never judge them when fringe players get a chance like today? Ridiculous attitude mate, that's why we're stuck with a lot of dross. That's exactly what they are, a lot of them played bad today and also against Valencia. We don't see them any other time because they are not good enough. Sure Mata played vs Newcastle but he was bad then as well.

I agree TOD it is but we have to if we want to move forward, who of those players I listed are seriously still good enough? Sanchez is on insane wages and he wasn't good enough again today. Plus he is injury-prone now as well, constantly picks up niggles will be out for a few more weeks and then back to square one again with him. We don't even need Sanchez if the insistence is that he plays on the left. It only disrupts Martial more than anything.

The rest of them are rubbish honestly, McTominay will never cut it at United. Jones is a calamity, Young is an old failed winger now fullback that is near 34 now. Much the same for the rest of them I mentioned. Why are we keeping this dross if we want to get back to an intense attacking style of football under a new manager? They'll never cut it.
    Because, Z, you just named 9 players of a squad of 25, and said you still missed some. Hell, even FM punishes you for clearing that many players in one go. Honestly? I'd give Pereira and Young one more chance. Periera is still very young, and Young offers a lot of versatility, and honestly, hasn't been half bad. Plus, McTominay, give him a loan and see - too early to be writing him off.

Point is, even Dressing Room presence matters. The reason why Valencia is still important, and needs to be kept happy is that he is a significant figure in the Dressing Room. And the atmosphere there impacts games lot more.

Don't get me wrong, we need to clear the dross, but you can't just dump every player out, and replace them all. You need backups, you need rotation. And youth can't immediately come in and be rotation. It's the ideal scenario, yes, but not always feasible.

48. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Because, Z, you just named 9 players of a squad of 25, and said you still missed some. Hell, even FM punishes you for clearing that many players in one go. Honestly? I'd give Pereira and Young one more chance. Periera is still very young, and Young offers a lot of versatility, and honestly, hasn't been half bad. Plus, McTominay, give him a loan and see - too early to be writing him off.

Point is, even Dressing Room presence matters. The reason why Valencia is still important, and needs to be kept happy is that he is a significant figure in the Dressing Room. And the atmosphere there impacts games lot more.

Don't get me wrong, we need to clear the dross, but you can't just dump every player out, and replace them all. You need backups, you need rotation. And youth can't immediately come in and be rotation. It's the ideal scenario, yes, but not always feasible.
    I take your point it is a fair amount of players but most of them are near end of contract anyway. I don't think any are worth renewing in all honesty. I like Young and Valencia over the years, they have been decent players but it's time to say good bye. Both are past it, they are not even good enough to be good cover for a run of games now in my opinion. Especially Valencia anyway, I just don't see what he offers anymore that most RB's can't do.

49. I wasn't talking about your list of out's ZZ, I was talking about anyone whose losing their shit over a slow-tempo performance in a dead lunch-time atmosphere with a second string XI.

50. Ole confirms Sanchez should be ok for next weekend.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO