Like Tree38884Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. During Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s 11 Premier League games as manager, United have registered the most points, won the most games, the only team to have not lost a game, conceded the fewest goals and have the best goal difference.

Annouce Ole @ManUtd. ?? #mufc

Title challenge incoming next season with Ole at the wheel

2. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post

Give Ole the job .....
    As much as the club, the man himsef, and anyone else naturally wants to be diplomatic and say the right thing, I don’t think there’s any doubt that’s been decided already given this run and most every single match-going fan clamourimg for it.

Which from experience is not a good situation a club can be cornered into. NEVER give a club legend a 6 month run on the premise of lifting spirits and restoring pride/ club traditions. You’re on a hiding to nothing as soon as results and momentum roll as the fans will never turn against him. Its a corner you don’t want to back yourselves into when you have designs on others. Leaves you with no ‘out.’

Been there with Kenny his second go-around.

Just my view and I’m not gonna’ debate anyone having theirs saying the jobs still up in the air.

Feel free to quote that when hes confirmed.

As you were.

3. Think you answered yourself there Scouse, the club hasn't cornered themselves into anything until they announce it which they will wait until end of season and rightly so.

4. Lukaku: 111 goals in the premier league so far. That puts him in the top 20 all time best finishers in the league.

5. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Fully expecting you to go off on B. Silva for City’s penalty last night.

Not that I’m complaining like. Just in the interests of you being fair and consistent and all that.

6. De Gea believes his contribution to #mufc over the last few years warrants a similar wage to Alexis Sánchez. He is holding out for a deal worth around £480,000 a week and wants to stay at the club #mulive [telegraph]

7. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    De Gea believes his contribution to #mufc over the last few years warrants a similar wage to Alexis Sánchez. He is holding out for a deal worth around £480,000 a week and wants to stay at the club #mulive [telegraph]
    And that is exactly why City, even with all their money, pulled out of any Sanchez deal.

The knock-on effect of ripping up your wage structure and giving one player SO much.

8. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    And that is exactly why City, even with all their money, pulled out of any Sanchez deal.

The knock-on effect of ripping up your wage structure and giving one player SO much.
    While I agree, United actually have a really good wage structure and discipline (45% of turnover) And De Gea' s wage wouldn't rip it up. There's only 3 mega earners at the club - Sanchez, Pogba and De Gea. Two of those deserve it.

9. Zito Luvumbo who is on trial for us the second time. He’s playing in a friendly for us against PNE next weekend and will likely sign.
    https://youtu.be/AiaCuhL4bB0

10. give dave what ever he fucking wants
    Snorks likes this.

11. Just think into the next couple of years IF Ole gets the job we could see. Henderson, Laird, Tuanzebe, Garner, Gomes, TFM, Chong, Greenwood in the squad regular #OleFledglings not to mention already Rashford, Lingard, Pogba, McTominay, Periera #UtdAcadamy

12. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Fully expecting you to go off on B. Silva for City’s penalty last night.

Not that I’m complaining like. Just in the interests of you being fair and consistent and all that.
    4wks later and still crying over z's comment... lol.

The Manchester United Thread-tenor.gif
    Last edited by wkdsoul; 28/02/2019 at 10:01 PM.
    Mike., zzeezzy, kitchin75 and 2 others like this.

13. Ole presser round up. Same players. Rashford will start this game. 1/3 most likely more will be academy players in the match day squad.

The club will only offer Valencia a final last year contract if he can prove his fitness when/if he returns. DDG talks progressing along with other players who are out of contract.

14. For the love of god don't give Valencia a new contract no matter what, finished at the top level and we need a replacement FB for next season.

15. Valencia's not getting a new contract. Ole just tried to be as respectful as possible when put on the spot about him. To me it cried "he's not going to get a new contract" - went on about how great of a servant he's been over the years, etc.

16. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Valencia's not getting a new contract. Ole just tried to be as respectful as possible when put on the spot about him. To me it cried "he's not going to get a new contract" - went on about how great of a servant he's been over the years, etc.
    Exactly. Plus it’s just been confirmed by Hirst and Stoney from the BBC - Antonio Valencia will be leaving Man Utd this summer. Option not triggered. As per @hirstclass player resigned to OT exit.

Been a very good and consistent servant till injuries took over of late. Can only thank him for the years of service. Been an absolute monster at times at RW/RB. Wish him all the best!
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 01/03/2019 at 06:14 PM.

17. Gomes, Chong, Garner, Greenwood all not involved with the 23s tonight

Kovar, Tanner, Williams, Ercolani, Bernard, O'Connor, Levitt, Traore, Bohui, Burkart, Ramazani

Subs: Woolston, Warren, Olosunde, McCann, Galbraith

1-0 up atm vs Norwich. Great solo goal by Bohui.

18. OLE' TRAFFORD. Love it :-)

19. U23s lost 1-2 please just fuck Sbragia off! We ain’t gonna get promoted back to the top league this season which is shocking with the talent he’s had. And to have -2 GD is embarrassing!

20. Paul Pogba is set to replace Antonio Valencia as Manchester United’s next permanent captain. #mufc [Neil Custis] and various others.

Confirmed United squad members

David De Gea, Lee Grant, Ashley Young, Diogo Dalot, Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly, Chris Smalling, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Fred, Paul Pogba, James Garner, Angel Gomes, Tahith Chong, Alexis Sanchez, Marcus Rashford, Romelu Lukaku, Mason Greenwood

21. From Stoney BBC:

Still to be confirmed as permanent manager but OGS has revealed he has done a video for @ManUtd supporters ‘pleading’ with them to buy season tickets. “It wasn’t strange doing it but if my kids see a commercial with me in it + I'm back home in Norway, that will be strange.”

Also says Ole has told the club what players to offer contracts too and who not. And has given names for targets.

22. Lago Agrio is a very humble town in Ecuador. When I was a child, I never imagined travel to Europe. Thanks to God for letting me play 10 years in the best club in the world: @ManUtd. Now I am focused on my recovery so I can end the season playing at Old Trafford! - Antonio Valencia.

Should've converted him to right-back years ago. Top class professional, so quiet & humble, but a warrior on that pitch. Wish him luck wherever he goes.

23. U18s vs WBA At Aon Training Complex
    Kick off at 11:30am
    Live on MUTV

Team sheet
    https://twitter.com/academyreview/st...652106752?s=21 very young team again

24. I guess making Pogba as permanent captain is perfectly acceptable, but given the farce that happened under Mourinho with it. I would kind of hope we didn't, because I just think it puts more pressure on him. Where as a player like Herrera, he wouldn't be hounded so much because his game isn't about the goals and assists per se,

Just my thoughts on it anyway, Herrera would of been my preferred choice, don't give the media another bone to dig at Pogba with the captaincy.

25. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    I guess making Pogba as permanent captain is perfectly acceptable, but given the farce that happened under Mourinho with it. I would kind of hope we didn't, because I just think it puts more pressure on him. Where as a player like Herrera, he wouldn't be hounded so much because his game isn't about the goals and assists per se,

Just my thoughts on it anyway, Herrera would of been my preferred choice, don't give the media another bone to dig at Pogba with the captaincy.
    If he keeps performing like this they won’t have no bones to dig.

26. 1-0 u18s. Been an even game. But Galbraith plays a quality ball in behind WBA defence. McGhee controls it well and blasts it home.

Mins later McGhee loses the ball overplaying at the back. The WBA player rounds the keeper but out of nowhere Berjger slides in to block it on the line. Fantastic!

1-1 poor defending from Harvey Neville at the back post. Loses his man who has a free shot into the net.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 02/03/2019 at 01:49 PM.

27. Where are people streaming the game later? Can't watch it anywhere normally because it' 3pm kick off.

28. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Where are people streaming the game later? Can't watch it anywhere normally because it' 3pm kick off.
    Its on NBC SN in America if you can get a stream of that. I use ronaldo7 website for 3pm games

29. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Its on NBC SN in America if you can get a stream of that. I use ronaldo7 website for 3pm games
    Ronaldo.7 net has been banned from streaming prem games from now on. I just google TSN4 live stream
    zzeezzy likes this.

30. you can usally find one on totalsportek

https://www.totalsportek.com/category/football/
    Last edited by wkdsoul; 02/03/2019 at 01:56 PM.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Ronaldo.7 net has been banned from streaming prem games from now on. I just google TSN4 live stream
    Oh shit yeh ive just noticed on the page. "We're sorry, but we are not allowed to post links to Premier League games anymore." FFS. Ive got apps on my phone that I can use but I have my PC hooked up to my TV as a second screen so I normally just go on ronaldo7 and watch on my TV

32. Shola Shoretire makes his debut at u18s level at the age of 15 and a few days. Remember the name!
    steveorobbo likes this.

33. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    I've tried TSN but I don't know how to get it working because says I have to be in Canada, maybe I'm using the wrong website. You can get a live stream on it without registering or logging in?

34. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    I've tried TSN but I don't know how to get it working because says I have to be in Canada, maybe I'm using the wrong website. You can get a live stream on it without registering or logging in?
    I’ve never login to it mate. I don’t use the TSN website just one that streams it
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 02/03/2019 at 02:05 PM.

35. 2-1 Utd. Shoretire wins the freekick. Hughes whips in a freekick to Mengi who’s effort gets deflected in.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    I’ve never login to it mate. I don’t use the TSN website just one that streams it
    Oh right haha, how do you know where usually streams it? Do you just googled like TSN stream for a certain game and something comes up? Or a particular website you can use?

37. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Oh right haha, how do you know where usually streams it? Do you just googled like TSN stream for a certain game and something comes up? Or a particular website you can use?
    Just try whatever comes up. Usually streamguroo or crichd
    zzeezzy likes this.

38. 2-2 more poor defending from Utd. Had about 5 attempts to clear the ball in the box. WBA eventually blasts home. Really disappointing for this very young u18s. Made up of 15/16 yr olds. They will learn but the talent is there.

39. Just noticed that Southampton have good record at OT recently, this won't be a given by any means but hope we use that as motivation to spank them. Got to start better than we did against Burnley, play with more intensity and don't let them settle. We actually haven't won in our last 3 games at OT, so got to fix that starting today. Yeh we've had Liverpool and PSG recently but still, we seem a better away team still than at OT. Time to fix that.

40. Rest Shaw today please Ole.

41. Starting 11: DDG, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Periera, McTominay, Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez

Subs: Grant, Bailly, Rojo, Fred, Dalot, Chong, Gomes

Shaw don’t get booked please ffs!

42. Ole confirming Periera playing for his good performance against Pool and his attacking energy. And Fred will start against PSG.

43. Things going well for us in the Spurs v Arsenal game so far.

44. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Things going well for us in the Spurs v Arsenal game so far.
    Nearly spoke too soon

45. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Nearly spoke too soon
    Perfect result! Let’s get that top 4 back today. Lucas Toriera will be a huge miss for Arsenal against us. That red card was absolutely disgusting challenge!!!
    steveorobbo likes this.

46. United need now to make the most of that draw in the North London derby to turn the screw on both Spurs and Arsenal. Points in the bag are better than games in hand especially with a Manchester derby still to play.
    Last edited by woolly; 02/03/2019 at 03:48 PM.
    zzeezzy likes this.

47. Link the stream you guys are using thanks in advance.

48. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Link the stream you guys are using thanks in advance.
    https://www.footybite.com/football/m...mpton-preview/
    zzeezzy likes this.

49. Wow what a save to deny Lukaku bloody hell 3 top class saves from Gunn already.

Saints should of had a peno there! We been poor since McTominay stoppage.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 02/03/2019 at 04:15 PM.

50. That’s poor from De Gea!

WTF Rashford....

Oh fuck off Lukaku!
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 02/03/2019 at 04:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO