Like Tree38870Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. ... Lukaku should be burying that. We have been basically piss poor up-top.

2. United are lucky to still be in this match.

3. Lukaku 3 glorious opportunity, don't read 2 of them and scuffs the other. Seriously pisses me off sometimes, I really want to like him but ffs.

4. Good first 10 mins denied by the GK having a worldie. But since that we have been terrible! They could of had 2 pens for sure imo. Lukaku back to being a donkey. Sanchez being Sanchez. Pogba and Rashford trying to hard. DDG poor. Looks like one of those days. Shaw should of done loads better for the goal. Sanchez makes us lob sided and lose shape
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 02/03/2019 at 04:53 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Lukaku 3 glorious opportunity, don't read 2 of them and scuffs the other. Seriously pisses me off sometimes, I really want to like him but ffs.
    Tbh one of those was Rashford fault for taking it off his toes despite Lukaku clearly shouting him. And one was a world class save.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Tbh one of those was Rashford fault for taking it off his toes despite Lukaku clearly shouting him. And one was a world class save.
    Don't know about world-class save he just hits it straight at him pretty much. If he's an elite striker he has to score one of them for me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Don't know about world-class save he just hits it straight at him pretty much. If he's an elite striker he has to score one of them for me.
    His first effort was curling bottom corner. DDG makes that and we are calling him DE GOD. That one straight at him was pretty much point blank. I agree he needs to get his finger out and do a lot better

8. Gotta hit the target there Rashford!

WOOOOOOW ANDREAS PEREIRA

9. Lukakuuuuuuuu. Great work from Pereira with the assist! Dalot been fantastic

10. Great goal and assist by pereira

11. Pogba crap in this game. Should take him off not bloody Pereira been 10/10 second half.

12. Get the fuck in!!!!!!!!!

13. ROMMMMMMMM. Top class the last 2 games.

Pogba's obviously been instructed to play this deeper role ZZ. Dropping as a 3rd CB in build up, not running into the box as he normally would, etc.

14. Why the hell did Rom not take that penalty? And I agree with Zz, what instruction and what not, Pogba been meh today. I reckon this is his first bad PL game under Solskjaer.

15. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    ROMMMMMMMM. Top class the last 2 games.

Pogba's obviously been instructed to play this deeper role ZZ. Dropping as a 3rd CB in build up, not running into the box as he normally would, etc.
    True that, jeez what a game. This is where the boys turned into men. Lukaku and Pereira have come of age!
    Sherkey likes this.

16. It was an intense game, nailbiting too, in a good way! We had some of these under Mourinho, but they were always extremely tense. Pereira was class today, as was Lukaku. Makes it what, 4 goals in 2 starts now?
    zzeezzy likes this.

17. Another game another result for Ole, the performances to be fair are still a little fragile at times but you cannot deny the fact that the team are now playing more as a unit and have the hunger to claw out results. This game could have been a banana skin considering Southampton's record over the last few seasons but the points are in the bag now and Arsenal need to win that game in hand.

18. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Pogba was average today. But we can't be totally dependent on him every single game. Needs backing up transfer wise next season if we want to push on.

19. Ole's in-game changes have been spot on 99% of the time. Switched to a lopsided 4-4-2 / 3-5-2, completely changed the game.

20. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Ole's in-game changes have been spot on 99% of the time. Switched to a lopsided 4-4-2 / 3-5-2, completely changed the game.
    Yeh Southampton have had the better of us last few seasons at OT, when we brought Dalot on it completely changed the game as well because he can beat a man and cross a ball. Two things young fails to be able to do a lot of the time. Needless foul to give away as well, think he badly needs replacing in the summer. Keep him in the squad I guess, but not in starting 11.

But on the plus side, Lukaku and pereira shown they are real United players today, coming back from adversity and producing MOTM performances.

I hope we actually start getting some of these contracts sorted because it' a mess, Herrera, Pereira, De Gea shouldn't be in this position with them.

21. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Yeh Southampton have had the better of us last few seasons at OT, when we brought Dalot on it completely changed the game as well because he can beat a man and cross a ball. Two things young fails to be able to do a lot of the time. Needless foul to give away as well, think he badly needs replacing in the summer. Keep him in the squad I guess, but not in starting 11.

But on the plus side, Lukaku and pereira shown they are real United players today, coming back from adversity and producing MOTM performances.

I hope we actually start getting some of these contracts sorted because it' a mess, Herrera, Pereira, De Gea shouldn't be in this position with them.
    Thats what happens when your constantly changing manager and have no director of football.

Great win win today despite being tense at times. Pogba defo stifled playing deep, but with injuries didn’t really have options. Lukaku and Periera were fantastic that second half! McTominay just solid doing his job again. Young hit and miss with Shaw consistency continuing.

Ole was spot on today tactically especially when he realised we needed to change formation. Subs were fantastic. Dalot changed the game. And that assist to Lukaku from Fred was class!

4th spot and onto the next
    ninjaskill likes this.

22. Feck!

OGS on @Alexis_Sanchez injury: "Looks like knee ligaments. Scan tomorrow."

23. The difference between Solskjaer and Mourinho has been clear to see with someone like pereira. If Pereira would of made that mistake under Mourinho against Burnley he wouldn't of been seen again and been left out on the cold. Ciompare the difference with Solskjaer, doesn't throw him in the bus but rather instead develops him and still gives him game time. Then you reap the rewards like today. It's nice to have a manager who understands United values again.
    Sherkey likes this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    The difference between Solskjaer and Mourinho has been clear to see with someone like pereira. If Pereira would of made that mistake under Mourinho against Burnley he wouldn't of been seen again and been left out on the cold. Ciompare the difference with Solskjaer, doesn't throw him in the bus but rather instead develops him and still gives him game time. Then you reap the rewards like today. It's nice to have a manager who understands United values again.
    This was true, one mistake and you were out under Mourinho. I'd mentioned it back then too, and probably the reason why the back 4 never settled. Plus, I think Martial was the only one who even tried to dribble against opponents, probably because everyone else was scared of losing the ball. I think he caught the Chelsea atmosphere a bit, and needed perfection, his way.
    Tyton likes this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    The difference between Solskjaer and Mourinho has been clear to see with someone like pereira. If Pereira would of made that mistake under Mourinho against Burnley he wouldn't of been seen again and been left out on the cold. Ciompare the difference with Solskjaer, doesn't throw him in the bus but rather instead develops him and still gives him game time. Then you reap the rewards like today. It's nice to have a manager who understands United values again.
    Will defo stay if Ole gets the job. Glad Ole realised he needs to play further forward

26. Uf you're constantly benching people for months after one mistake, don't be surprised when the whole squad wants you out.
    Mike. and Sherkey like this.

27. More money for Ole to spend

Vodafone are final in talks with #mufc to launch 5G internet at Old Trafford. It would make the stadium the first to launch the next generation mobile network #mulive

28. Just watching the game back. Dalot, Periera and Lukaku were sensational that second half!
    steveorobbo likes this.

29. Scouts in attendance saying we have scouts for the second week running watching Joao Cancelo and Koulibaly. Tonight.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Just watching the game back. Dalot, Periera and Lukaku were sensational that second half!
    Pereira was the real catalyst that sparked it all, really best game from him in a United shirt. He needs to play more in that position, wish we'd stop messing about with Mata and keep him Pereira instead. If it is one or the other, Pereira still has prime years to grow and is much more energetic/dynamic. Fits Ole's system better, I hope we keep him.

31. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Pereira was the real catalyst that sparked it all, really best game from him in a United shirt. He needs to play more in that position, wish we'd stop messing about with Mata and keep him Pereira instead. If it is one or the other, Pereira still has prime years to grow and is much more energetic/dynamic. Fits Ole's system better, I hope we keep him.
    Keep both, Mata when played central is second only to Pogba in creative impact

32. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Keep both, Mata when played central is second only to Pogba in creative impact
    The way it's going we might be losing both, let alone keeping them!

33. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    The way it's going we might be losing both, let alone keeping them!
    I'd be surprised unless we're choosing to lose both. Since they've been able to speak to clubs abroad since Jan 1

34. Can’t see Mata or Periera leaving.

8 weeks for Sanchez. That’s his season and hopefully Utd career over. Shame just never worked out.
    steveorobbo likes this.

35. Imagine having an actual RW when you consider the impact Dalot made on that game. Still think he should play instead of Young but that's a nice alternative option to have. He can beat a man and has great crossing, as we seen, Rashford should have buried that chance. Could of scored 4 or.5 easy on another day when you consider chances Lukaku missed in first half also.

36. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Imagine having an actual RW when you consider the impact Dalot made on that game. Still think he should play instead of Young but that's a nice alternative option to have. He can beat a man and has great crossing, as we seen, Rashford should have buried that chance. Could of scored 4 or.5 easy on another day when you consider chances Lukaku missed in first half also.
    With Sanchez out play him there while Lingard gets back with Young at full back

37. Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Martial, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Jones, Valencia & Darmian all out for the PSG, crazy. #PSGMUN

38. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Martial, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Jones, Valencia & Darmian all out for the PSG, crazy. #PSGMUN
    We actually have it worse off now than Arsenal in recent years. And I thought no club could match Arsenal's injury record.

39. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    We actually have it worse off now than Arsenal in recent years. And I thought no club could match Arsenal's injury record.
    Yes lol. Think most of those will be back for Arsenal. No point risking it against PSG even though 0-2 is a funny score line.

40. That Arsenal game is massive.

41. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    That Arsenal game is massive.
    It will be murder on Lingards dance floor

42. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Martial, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Jones, Valencia & Darmian all out for the PSG, crazy. #PSGMUN
    Damn we are not in PL even and already trying top our injury crisis this season. Considering how thin Bielsa likes to run his team it is no fun watching 18 years old in goal and defense.

43. #mufc believe that Jadon Sancho would help form an exciting Anglo-French attack with Rashford, Lingard, Martial and Pogba #mulive [telegraph]

Jadon Sancho to #mufc excites Gareth Southgate. The idea of Sancho, Lingard and Rashford playing together at club level would benefit England #mulive [telegraph

Lot of talk the last 24hrs about this. Especially in Germany.

44. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    #mufc believe that Jadon Sancho would help form an exciting Anglo-French attack with Rashford, Lingard, Martial and Pogba #mulive [telegraph]

Jadon Sancho to #mufc excites Gareth Southgate. The idea of Sancho, Lingard and Rashford playing together at club level would benefit England #mulive [telegraph

Means absolutely nothing. Barely a rumour at this stage

45. Needless to say Sancho would be perfect for us, but £100m is absolutely ridiculous. How many good season has he had, 1 or 2 t a push?

I'm a bit torn on it because like I say he fits what I want at united but it's such a Woodward signing if ever there was one. No real transfer strategy just go for the next big English player.

46. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    #mufc believe that Jadon Sancho would help form an exciting Anglo-French attack with Rashford, Lingard, Martial and Pogba #mulive [telegraph]

I guess the main thing we can offer him would be first team football (as opposed to City and PSG (who are also rumoured to be interested in him)). But has he played on the right before this? Or is he capable of playing across both sides? Haven't observed him this season, so I guess someone who has seen him can help with that//

47. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    I guess the main thing we can offer him would be first team football (as opposed to City and PSG (who are also rumoured to be interested in him)). But has he played on the right before this? Or is he capable of playing across both sides? Haven't observed him this season, so I guess someone who has seen him can help with that//
    Good chance to watch him tonight against Spurs in CL.
    Sherkey likes this.

48. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Needless to say Sancho would be perfect for us, but £100m is absolutely ridiculous. How many good season has he had, 1 or 2 t a push?

I'm a bit torn on it because like I say he fits what I want at united but it's such a Woodward signing if ever there was one. No real transfer strategy just go for the next big English player.
    He's a classic United signing tbh. Young, exciting, super talented, with loads of potential
    Sherkey likes this.

49. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    The kid's incredible tbh. Right footed, but got a great left foot too. Plays on the right wing. But comfortable across the band. Fast, tricky, gets his head up. Super skillful. As a quality of target it's a no brainer. But the figures are mad, but that's the game these days.

50. You said the same for Pulisic. But truth to be told, havent seen Sancho at all.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO