Like Tree38859Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. #MUFC squad for #PSG match: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Bailly, Dalot, Lindelof, Rojo, Shaw, Smalling, Williams, Young, Fred, Garner, Gomes, McTominay, Pereira, Chong, Greenwood, Lukaku, Rashford

Wohoo look at all those youngsters. Brandon Williams too what a talent this lad is! Fantastic LB who can defend and get forward and chip in with goals and assists. Good dribbling ability. Taken to the u23s despite being 17 superbly well! With him and Laird who is even more massively talent. We are set at FB! No need to be splashing out silly money. Laird would of travelled also but he’s just returning from injury.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    #MUFC squad for #PSG match: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Bailly, Dalot, Lindelof, Rojo, Shaw, Smalling, Williams, Young, Fred, Garner, Gomes, McTominay, Pereira, Chong, Greenwood, Lukaku, Rashford

Wohoo look at all those youngsters. Brandon Williams too what a talent this lad is! Fantastic LB who can defend and get forward and chip in with goals and assists. Good dribbling ability. Taken to the u23s despite being 17 superbly well! With him and Laird who is even more massively talent. We are set at FB! No need to be splashing out silly money. Laird would of travelled also but he’s just returning from injury.
    Great experience for all of them, maybe if just for the trip alone. However I would genuinely like to see them, I know most United fans won't like me saying this but this game really is a forfeit to me. So seeing the youngsters would be a great experience, the real game for us is Arsenal on Sunday. It kind of seems like Ole subtly feels the same way.

Not expecting them to start obviously, but why not give them a go later in the game, we know this tie is most likely over anyway due to first leg.

3. Modern Day Legend
    When you class a European Cup tie as a ‘forfeit’ amd place greater emphasis on a league game between 4th and 5th, you know just how far your football club has fallen.

Irrespective of the first leg scoreline (Utd score and suddenly PSG start panickng and it’s game back on), for anyone to dismiss Utd in Europe, on the biggest football stage of all, so flippantly, is a terrible state of affairs and is so foreign to my personal view of support I can’t begin to tell you.

4. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Great experience for all of them, maybe if just for the trip alone. However I would genuinely like to see them, I know most United fans won't like me saying this but this game really is a forfeit to me. So seeing the youngsters would be a great experience, the real game for us is Arsenal on Sunday. It kind of seems like Ole subtly feels the same way.

Not expecting them to start obviously, but why not give them a go later in the game, we know this tie is most likely over anyway due to first leg.
    At least 4 will be in the bench imo.

Yeah wouldn’t call it a forfeit.

DDG

Young-Lindelof-Bailly-Shaw

Fred-McTominay-Periera

Rashford-Lukaku-Dalot

Still a pretty good starting lineup and see how it goes. Nothing to lose. Plus most of our players will be fit and returning for the Arsenal game anyway. Bonus of having a big quality squad.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 05/03/2019 at 01:07 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    When you class a European Cup tie as a ‘forfeit’ amd place greater emphasis on a league game between 4th and 5th, you know just how far your football club has fallen.

Irrespective of the first leg scoreline (Utd score and suddenly PSG start panickng and it’s game back on), for anyone to dismiss Utd in Europe, on the biggest football stage of all, so flippantly, is a terrible state of affairs and is so foreign to my personal view of support I can’t begin to tell you.
    We've got bloody 10 first team injuries and a squad full of youngsters going to Paris is hard enough with your first team trying to get a win, let alone turn over a 2 goal deficit. You guys should know considering they pumped you in Paris. We don't need you to tell us every few weeks 'how far our club has fallen' when we know where we are and where our priorities lie right now. We're not winning CL but we can salvage top 4 still which was unthinkable 2 months ago.
    steveorobbo likes this.

6. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    We've got bloody 10 first team injuries and a squad full of youngsters going to Paris is hard enough with your first team trying to get a win, let alone turn over a 2 goal deficit. You guys should know considering they pumped jyou in Paris. We don't need you to tell us every few weeks 'how far our club has fallen' when we know where we are and where our priorities lie right now. We're not winning CL but we can salvage top 4 still which was unthinkable 2 months ago.
    And L’pool got to a CL final, along with mirroring up a top 4 league season, with 12 fit, consistent first-teamers last year having to play every game intersperced with back-end squad depth and youth. And lets not even get into Klopp’s first season and that horrendous, season long injury list that still reaulted in a full European season and two finals.

If you want to talk about injury crisis.

You deal and find a solution. That is and always has beem football. You don’t start bitching, excusing and waving the white flag. There’s more rhan enough there dor a real strong Xi to have a real good go at PSG. Then recover to go at Arsenal Sunday.

Sure anyone out in Paris this week would just love an attitude of sacking off the European Cup.

You’re a Sky gemeration fan mate and it’s an embarassing POV you hold on things IMHO.

7. [email protected] freeze season ticket prices for ninth successive season. There will be an 'permanent atmosphere section' in the Stretford End first tier. Also club have 118 new wheelchair positions and 158 new amenity seats will be created, bringing the total for both to 278.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    And L’pool got to a CL final, along with mirroring up a top 4 league season, with 12 fit, consistent first-teamers last year having to play every game intersperced with back-end squad depth and youth. And lets not even get into Klopp’s first season and that horrendous, season long injury list that still reaulted in a full European season and two finals.

If you want to talk about injury crisis.

You deal and find a solution. That is and always has beem football. You don’t start bitching, excusing and waving the white flag. There’s more rhan enough there dor a real strong Xi to have a real good go at PSG. Then recover to go at Arsenal Sunday.

Sure anyone out in Paris this week would just love an attitude of sacking off the European Cup.

You’re a Sky gemeration fan mate and it’s an embarassing POV you hold on things IMHO.
    Idk why even bother reply to this but no one has bitched or moaned about anything, you came in looking for a dig (look how far you've fallen) and there you go nothing new there. You got to a final with your best starting 11 available most of the time, totally different scenario and if you can't see that then I have nothing else to say.

9. Modern Day Legend
    I came in looking for a ‘dig?’ Because I had the gall to call out your ridiculous assertion that Utd should sack off the European Cup and play the kids?

Grow the F up. Seriously.

That’s your go to line when anyone disagrees or criticises you.

Grow the F up you pathetic child.
    Last edited by Scouseinthehouse; 05/03/2019 at 02:01 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    I came in looking for a ‘dig?’ Because I had the gall to call out your ridiculous assertion that Utd should sack off the European Cup and play the kids?

11. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post

Tbh, I body zz harder than anyone here. But I have to say he's right on this one. You seem to have come picking a fight where there wasn't one. UNited will give it everything, but let's no pretend the odds arent massive stacked against us. Juts got to give it everything and see
    zzeezzy likes this.

12. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    You said the same for Pulisic. But truth to be told, havent seen Sancho at all.
    For a player his age, he's a joke of a player. Ridiculous talent for whoever gets him, or keeps him in Dortmund's case.

He's the kind of player that would have been destroyed under Jose, but will thrive under Ole, or indeed Poch. Could thrive under Tuchel if not stifled by Neymar,

13. View image on Twitter

Ole on Brandon Williams: "Brandon is a quick good all round full-back who can play both sides. It's the first time he's travelled with us and he didn't expect to come. But that's why you're in the Academy — we believe in you and suddenly you can step up." #MUFC

14. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Tbh, I body zz harder than anyone here. But I have to say he's right on this one. You seem to have come picking a fight where there wasn't one. UNited will give it everything, but let's no pretend the odds arent massive stacked against us. Juts got to give it everything and see
    back to back 4th place trophies, Pool know there stuff on this....

15. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    back to back 4th place trophies, Pool know there stuff on this....
    Stop digging/ fishing/ baiting et al you big, bad, faceless Mancunian poster I’m never liable to meet you!!!!!

Soz. Had a zz-esq childlike reaction tantrum there to something I (for the purpose of this) didn’t like.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Stop digging/ fishing/ baiting et al you big, bad, faceless Mancunian poster I’m never liable to meet you!!!!!

Soz. Had a zz-esq childlike reaction tantrum there to something I (for the purpose of this) didn’t like.
    Just sayin its the position you've been in, u might be takin dig at United as well, but at least youre talking rubbish from experience.. :p

17. Modern Day Legend
    I was more surprised at a City fan weighing in on Europe.

Impressive you lads know where it is though.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    I was more surprised at a City fan weighing in on Europe.

Impressive you lads know where it is though.
    thay think its somewhere down south
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

19. Blind has been brilliant tonight for Ajax. Well they all have

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

20. Like Ajax showing, never fucking give up!

21. Madrid are an absolute mess right now!

22. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    For a player his age, he's a joke of a player. Ridiculous talent for whoever gets him, or keeps him in Dortmund's case.

He's the kind of player that would have been destroyed under Jose, but will thrive under Ole, or indeed Poch. Could thrive under Tuchel if not stifled by Neymar,
    If the quoted 100m is true, and he's a such a talent, then its a no brainer. Also, 100m is a must for a top talent these days. Plus he's English. Plus it would be like he left City to join United. Will watch some YT clips of him, but its hard to judge a player based on them.

Also, well done Tottenham for advancing.

23. Alex Greenwood starting tonight for England

24. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Madrid are an absolute mess right now!
    Which all plays into the earlier point that in straight two legged, knock-out European football you just never know.

At 2-0 that PSG isn’t dead by any means.

FWIW, I sincerely hope Utd do rurn it around and advance. But that’s all to do with personal reasons. As much as it would cost us a boss trip somewhere, I could do with an English tie the quarters or semi to save some cash. Same reason I’m happy Tottenham progressed.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Which all plays into the earlier point that in straight two legged, knock-out European football you just never know.

At 2-0 that PSG isn’t dead by any means.

FWIW, I sincerely hope Utd do rurn it around and advance. But that’s all to do with personal reasons. As much as it would cost us a boss trip somewhere, I could do with an English tie the quarters or semi to save some cash. Same reason I’m happy Tottenham progressed.
    We should definitely go for it as much as we can from the start but also have to be realistic if with half an hour or so left it doesn't look good and we still need a couple goals then I think we should pretty much call it a day at that point. No reason not to have a go from the start as still half the tie left but given all our injuries theres also no reason to risk players if it is clear we cant get through which could well be the case with half an hour left, at the point getting some younger players some minutes is the smart choice.

26. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    If the quoted 100m is true, and he's a such a talent, then its a no brainer. Also, 100m is a must for a top talent these days. Plus he's English. Plus it would be like he left City to join United. Will watch some YT clips of him, but its hard to judge a player based on them.

Also, well done Tottenham for advancing.
    He's fucking outrageous. And he doesn't care about the city United thing. He's originally from London. He just wants to keep playing at the highest level he can and as much as he can
    ninjaskill likes this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    He's fucking outrageous. And he doesn't care about the city United thing. He's originally from London. He just wants to keep playing at the highest level he can and as much as he can
    You should be paying 100m for whoever is leading Dortmunds's scouting department. Their ability to quickly rebuild the squad after constantly losing best players is some black magic voodoo shit.
    Sherkey likes this.

28. Plus, we were apparently in for Sancho when six months were left on his City contract (but could only approach him at the end). But Dortmund offered an immediate solution, so it was taken up (or so I've read, dunno how reliable). But anyhow, I know he is most likely Barca bound, but I wouldn't mind de Ligt here either. He looks to be a boss defender. Although, he may very well cost around the same as de Jong, and if the rumours are actually true, highly doubt we doing two high money transfers in one window.

29. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 'only contracted to Manchester United' http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47463247 …

30. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    You should be paying 100m for whoever is leading Dortmunds's scouting department. Their ability to quickly rebuild the squad after constantly losing best players is some black magic voodoo shit.
    This is also very true. Probably the only thing at the club that is definitely not for sale at any price though haha
    Tyton likes this.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    This is also very true. Probably the only thing at the club that is definitely not for sale at any price though haha
    It is not only scouting, but they have shown giving development time for youngsters and will give more game time in first team ,even if you make some odd mistakse sometimes you wont be benched or loaned out.
    Mike. and Theatre of Dreams83 like this.

32. Not long now. Hyped for this game. Little expectation but that little hope we can turn it around. Just excited to see how this team and especially the youth lads do against this lot.

33. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    This is why the approach of just going and splashing another £100m on the next supposed big thing doesn't excite me. Yeah it might work and it might not, but this is the scattergun approach we have been using for years now under Woodward. There is no real transfer strategy under Woodward and look where it has got us up to now post Fergie, pretty much nowhere. As many successful signings we have had bad ones also, we need to sort out the structure more than anything. If this doesn't get sorted by the summer then I'm seriously disappointed because it was promised. Woodward likes the power, I don't know whether it will be.

34. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    This is why the approach of just going and splashing another £100m on the next supposed big thing doesn't excite me. Yeah it might work and it might not, but this is the scattergun approach we have been using for years now under Woodward. There is no real transfer strategy under Woodward and look where it has got us up to now post Fergie, pretty much nowhere. As many successful signings we have had bad ones also, we need to sort out the structure more than anything. If this doesn't get sorted by the summer then I'm seriously disappointed because it was promised. Woodward likes the power, I don't know whether it will be.
    I really don't know what you want here tbh.

He literally fits everything you claim you want in a right winger. He fits the right kind of United signing. Do you want him, or do you want another moan?

35. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Ole is already deciding in contracts and transfers now for the mean time. And I trust him far more than I would Jose or Woodward

36. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    I really don't know what you want here tbh.

He literally fits everything you claim you want in a right winger. He fits the right kind of United signing. Do you want him, or do you want another moan?
    In this instance I want him (despite the price I like the player) but more than anything I want United to sort out their footballing structure behind the scenes with a DOF especially or else nothing is really solved. After Mourinho that was what we were going to do, so I don't want that all forgotten about now that Solskjaer is our manager.

37. Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskill View Post
    We should definitely go for it as much as we can from the start but also have to be realistic if with half an hour or so left it doesn't look good and we still need a couple goals then I think we should pretty much call it a day at that point. No reason not to have a go from the start as still half the tie left but given all our injuries theres also no reason to risk players if it is clear we cant get through which could well be the case with half an hour left, at the point getting some younger players some minutes is the smart choice.
    2-0 is not insurmountable, ok the longer the game goes on the more likely that PSG will shut up shop but United don't do things that way, or have you forgotten the '98-99 Champions League Semi-final v Juventus where it was 1-1 after the first leg at Old Trafford then at the start of the second leg Juve took a 2-0 lead before the 24th minute. Then what happened. United scored via a Keane goal then Yorke wiped out the 2-0 lead and the advantage Juve had from the first leg. Of course they didn't just sit back then as 7 mins before the end of time up popped Cole to give them a 2-3 lead and a place in the final in Barcelona. Of course what happened in the final is now legendary with a certain forward now managing the club scoring in injury time. Fergie would never give up on a game after 30 mins no matter what the score and somehow I don't think Ole will either. A match is not lost until the ref blows the whistle any other talk is defeatist, no true fan should ever want to see his team give up with half an hour to go.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

38. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    In this instance I want him (despite the price I like the player) but more than anything I want United to sort out their footballing structure behind the scenes with a DOF especially or else nothing is really solved. After Mourinho that was what we were going to do, so I don't want that all forgotten about now that Solskjaer is our manager.
    Agree, but the two aren't linked in this case. This is the kind of signing United used to make. Only now in this world fees are crazy

39. Is there really much difference signing Sancho for 100M in 2019 than Rooney for 30M in 2004? That was seen as insanity back then too

40. Sounds like PSG are going with exact same lineup. All French media reporting.

41. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    It is not only scouting, but they have shown giving development time for youngsters and will give more game time in first team ,even if you make some odd mistakse sometimes you wont be benched or loaned out.
    Yup. Lewandowski's first season with BVB was absolutely woeful. He was missing open goal every other game, fans were mocking him with viral videos, media were hounding him, it was a disaster. Klopp didn't give a shit and kept playing him week after week. Second season, he went and banged 30.

In PL he would have been benched within 5 games, loaned out in winter and sold in the summer to get some money back.
    Bujakaa92 likes this.

42. Hearing could possibly be 343 tonight? Tbh, I sorta wanted it in the 1st leg, but at the same didn't because it would've restricted Pogba...but hey, he was man-marked out of it anyway. *Shrugs*

43. Watching them Young lads get off the coach

44. Team: DDG, Young, Bailly, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Periera, McTominay, Fred, Rashford, Lukaku

Subs: Romero, Rojo, Dalot, Garner, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood

45. 3412 looks like to me. How we finished the Saints game. Let’s have it!

46. No pressure on Greenwood but last time an academy player made his debut in a European game just before we play Arsenal in the weekend he scored twice in both so I expect similar from him if he comes on

47. Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskill View Post
    No pressure on Greenwood but last time an academy player made his debut in a European game just before we play Arsenal in the weekend he scored twice in both so I expect similar from him if he comes on
    Ole said on MUTV he won’t hesitate to bring on the young attackers if we need a goal TBH apart from McTominay and Periera it’s actually a pretty good line up. Just shows the depth we have.
    steveorobbo likes this.

48. Some of these are arguably playing for their United future and it is a true test of others how good they are. Can Fred step up and make a performance? Can Pereira produce again after the weekend? Can Lukaku perform on the biggest stage in a United shirt now he has his chance? Can Rashford outshine M'Bappe this leg? (That's probably asking too much).

49. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Some of these are arguably playing for their United future and it is a true test of others how good they are. Can Fred step up and make a performance? Can Pereira produce again after the weekend? Can Lukaku perform on the biggest stage in a United shirt now he has his chance? Can Rashford outshine M'Bappe this leg? (That's probably asking too much).
    I really doubt any of these are playing for there future. I’m pretty sure all these will be here with Ole next season.

50. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    I really doubt any of these are playing for there future. I’m pretty sure all these will be here with Ole next season.
    More questions than answers atm with most of them mate, especially due to contract situations, If Fred had a howler could break his united career on the biggest stage, but if he managed to follow up the assist at the weekend with a great performance tonight, could make him in a United shirt. Lets wait and see, on the biggest stage like this you really see how good these players are or can be.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO