Like Tree38853Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Honestly it's great that you're made up. But no one fucking cares for a debate on who believed more. We're fucking dancing so bore off with. Be happy or be gone
    And I couldn’t give a flying ___\what you have to say either. Ambiguos message board..

I’ll call his hypocrisy if I want ta.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    And I couldn’t give a flying ___\what you have to day either.

I’ll call his htpocrisy if I want ta.
    Bore off you sponge, made up for us are ya? Yeah right something wrong with you then a Liverpool fan made up that United won in CL..... lets call out your hypocrisy too fella.

3. Deem the Porto-Roma game is nuts also
    zzeezzy likes this.

4. "you'd be saying the if the shoe was on the other foot."

i'd what?

5. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    "you'd be saying the if the shoe was on the other foot."

i'd what?
    If your shoe was on the other foot you might have them on correctly

All I was saying is that in thee circumstances and everything else considered first leg, you'd be feeling exactly the same as us about that decision. Even if you might think differently about it in weeks to come, but I still think Kimpembe shouldn't even of been able to play tonight.

Sure if we stick to the theory 10 v 10 at Old Trafford, he still scores their first goal on that night. I believe it was karma, I honestly do.

6. Coulda been, still a shit decision. How the ref has seen that as deliberate, fuck knows.

Rom was excellent tonight though. Wonder if Verrati fancies a move to replace Fernandinho again yet... :p

7. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Coulda been, still a shit decision. How the ref has seen that as deliberate, fuck knows.

Rom was excellent tonight though. Wonder if Verrati fancies a move to replace Fernandinho again yet... :p
    He’s coming back to Utd in McTominay pocket

8. Oh come on. You all know exactly what PSG player he was doing, because we've all done it on the pitch. You see a guy lining up a big shot, you jump and turn around to block it with your back. And while you do that, your arms will slightly edge away because that's how human body works.

This is not a handball, this is ball hitting a hand.

I can give a lot credit to United for being in a 2-1 position in a first place. That is a whooping achievement with this amount of injuries. Rashford has done great keeping his head cool, and what a penalty that was, too.

I would be more than happy if PSG and their owners were all teleported to the moon and stayed there. But in this game they got robbed, amigos.

9. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Oh come on. You all know exactly what PSG player he was doing, because we've all done it on the pitch. You see a guy lining up a big shot, you jump and turn around to block it with your back. And while you do that, your arms will slightly edge away because that's how human body works.

I can give a lot credit to United for being in a 2-1 position in a first place. That is a whooping achievement with this amount of injuries. Rashford has done great keeping his head cool, and what a penalty that was, too.

I would be more than happy if PSG and their owners were all teleported to the moon and stayed there. But in this game they got robbed, amigos.
    They didn't get robbed, they bottled it. And its a pen, a very harsh one, but still a pen

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Oh come on. You all know exactly what PSG player he was doing, because we've all done it on the pitch. You see a guy lining up a big shot, you jump and turn around to block it with your back. And while you do that, your arms will slightly edge away because that's how human body works.

You got me jumping like a Lemon in my living room trying to recreate the jump now. If i fall flat on my face its on you.
    Tyton likes this.

11. Sweet Lord, I realize all of you United guys probably had a few tonight, but you're all being really rude to the rest of us all of sudden.

Can we all just hold hands for a second and sing koombaya?

12. Bring on Sunday

13. Just watched BT Sport Referee watch and says it's a penalty. As the law is supposedly written (whatever the fuck it is at the moment) they reckon it's a handball. This is from a former ref as well.

Personally think Kimpembe made the decision for referee, he sticks his arm out and looks away from the ball. Doesn't take any responsibility.

Ahh well who gives a shit anyway, Neymar can go back to banging his sister and feeling his mums arse.mm.
    dilakh2, Tyton, ninjaskill and 1 others like this.

14. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    The issue that's confusing is the usage of deliberate in the laws. When it's not reffed with the same meaning. Basically if you're more than a couple of yards away, you make yourself big and the ball hits your arm, most refs will penalise you for handball. It's why deliberate in that sense should be removed.
    Tyton likes this.

15. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Just watched BT Sport Referee watch and says it's a penalty. As the law is supposedly written (whatever the fuck it is at the moment) they reckon it's a handball. This is from a former ref as well.

Personally think Kimpembe made the decision for referee, he sticks his arm out and looks away from the ball. Doesn't take any responsibility.

Ahh well who gives a shit anyway, Neymar can go back to banging his sister and feeling his mums arse.mm.
    Alright guys after much discussion and reenaccments i still dont think theres much he could do to move his arm away unless he removed it. Now if it hit the other hand yes its a pen but try jumping like the PSG defender did and the arm naturally comes down. Similar to the otamendi decision for me. Never a pen.

16. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Alright guys after much discussion and reenaccments i still dont think theres much he could do to move his arm away unless he removed it. Now if it hit the other hand yes its a pen but try jumping like the PSG defender did and the arm naturally comes down. Similar to the otamendi decision for me. Never a pen.
    See my reply above. I largely agree on your arguments. But the above is why it's nearly always going to be handball

17. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    See my reply above. I largely agree on your arguments. But the above is why it's nearly always going to be handball
    But then common sense should be applied? I dont think deliberate should be removed otherwise it would be chaos. What next forwards deliberately trying to hit the ball against a defenders hand and then call for a pen?
    Tyton likes this.

18. With VAR it seems to be that unless it’s point blank it’s a foul it’s consistent if nothing else. The Kimpembe block is 10 times more a penalty that one Alex Sandro got given against him when the ball hit his chest then arm as he wasn’t looking and it was still given. Based off of previous var calls I think it’s a penalty even if it is harsh on him

19. What an experience that must have been for greenwood and chong to be on the pitch for the end of that game and be part of the celebrations. If that isn't an incentive to work even harder and get in the first team proper then I don't know what is.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Tyton and Theatre of Dreams83 like this.

20. If he doesn't try to block it, it's a goal. If he makes himself big to block it and it knicks his arm, t's a pen. What are defenders supposed to do then? The game is done and the call stays, so no point arguing about it. But it's incredibly unfair to players the way it all works. Even Rio on the BT panel seemed bothered not by the call, but because Kimbape got fucked by the rules, basically.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    If he doesn't try to block it, it's a goal. If he makes himself big to block it and it knicks his arm, t's a pen. What are defenders supposed to do then? The game is done and the call stays, so no point arguing about it. But it's incredibly unfair to players the way it all works. Even Rio on the BT panel seemed bothered not by the call, but because Kimbape got fucked by the rules, basically.
    If a boxer throws a punch, the other doesn't look away before it lands. Why did he jump up and look away? It's a football, put your body on the line. If he was looking at the actual ball when it hit his arm I'd have a tad more sympathy.

22. He turns because the ball is coming with enough power to break his jaw. Boxer doesn't turn, because he needs to watch opponent's hands to dodge the next 5 punches from 5 different angles.

Defender shouldn't have his movement restricted and be expected to move like a robot while attackers can move whichever they like.
    dilakh2 likes this.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    He turns because the ball is coming with enough power to break his jaw. Boxer doesn't turn, because he needs to watch opponent's hands to dodge the next 5 punches from 5 different angles.

Defender shouldn't have his movement restricted and be expected to move like a robot while attackers can move whichever they like.
    https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/...24491236061185

Rio explains it perfectly.
    Tyton likes this.

24. His arm moves out towards the ball before he's even turned away, it's a stonewall pen. It isn't difficult to jump with your arms tucked in to your chest or held behind your back, so I'm not buying the "there's nothing he could do'' talk either. If you can't tell by the replay, look at the two pictures in this link then try and tell me Kimpembe doesn't know exactly what he's doing.

25. Lukaku becomes the first united player to score two goals in three games in a row since Ronaldo, been in great form under Ole and hopefully it carries on vs Arsenal

26. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    FIRST TIME EVER IN CL HISTORY A CLUB HAS COME BACK FROM 2-0 SOQN TO WIN. HISTORYYYYYYY, THIS CLUB CREATES HISTORYYYYY.
    It's not the first time to be honest several teams including United have come back from two goals down in the first leg, however, it is the first time it has been done away from home. Which makes it special. Just goes to prove that this team is getting back into the mindset of never giving up until the whistle goes, if Jose had been in charge that would never happen, he was too cautious even when chasing a game. I don't think many will want to face this team in the next round as they are not just the form team, they are getting back the fear factor of the Fergie years.
    Tyton likes this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Munroe View Post
    His arm moves out towards the ball before he's even turned away, it's a stonewall pen. It isn't difficult to jump with your arms tucked in to your chest or held behind your back, so I'm not buying the "there's nothing he could do'' talk either. If you can't tell by the replay, look at the two pictures in this link then try and tell me Kimpembe doesn't know exactly what he's doing.
    Yeah, it is not difficult to jump with your arms behind your back. What is difficult is to jump with arms behind your back and actually winning a cross. Striker can use his arms and you can't, he will push you around like a paper towel and it's a goal. He also lands better than you and he beats you to every rebound.

You can't expect defenders to jump like they are disabled or something because IFAB can't come up with handball rule that is actually coherent.

28. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    If he doesn't try to block it, it's a goal. If he makes himself big to block it and it knicks his arm, t's a pen. What are defenders supposed to do then? The game is done and the call stays, so no point arguing about it. But it's incredibly unfair to players the way it all works. Even Rio on the BT panel seemed bothered not by the call, but because Kimbape got fucked by the rules, basically.
    This is the problem with the rule and how it's interpreted. Right decision, but rule needs changing

29. On watching it numerous times. It’s a defo peno anyway. If you watch closely he’s already making the movement to raise his arm before he jumps just as Dalot strikes the ball. Doesn’t matter how it’s interpreted it’s a peno no matter what!

30. Fucking loved Fred last night protecting Rashford against those 3 PSG cunts trying to put him off and kick the peno spot. Wasn’t having non of it lol. Just shoved the 3 of them right out the way great performance last night to boot. Most distance covered, most passes, most tackles and interceptions BEAST!
    Tyton likes this.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Fucking loved Fred last night protecting Rashford against those 3 PSG cunts trying to put him off and kick the peno spot. Wasn’t having non of it lol. Just shoved the 3 of them right out the way great performance last night to boot. Most distance covered, most passes, most tackles and interceptions BEAST!
    What did I say before the game, this would make or break him in a United shirt. He was phenomenal last night!

32. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    What did I say before the game, this would make or break him in a United shirt. He was phenomenal last night!
    It will definitely give him a huge boost and shit loads of confidence. But in no way would it of broke his Utd career lol.

33. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    It will definitely give him a huge boost and shit loads of confidence. But in no way would it of broke his Utd career lol.
    Those types of games can really expose players, I learned a lot about Bailly. I'm a fan but the guy was all over the shop when he was on and is just too rash. But got to have sympathy as he was not played in a natural position.

34. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Those types of games can really expose players, I learned a lot about Bailly. I'm a fan but the guy was all over the shop when he was on and is just too rash. But got to have sympathy as he was not played in a natural position.
    Yeah everyone and his dog on various channels were picking up on how all over the shop him and especially Young was. Young didn’t have a scooby!

35. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yeah everyone and his dog on various channels were picking up on how all over the shop him and especially Young was. Young didn’t have a scooby!
    Any players back for Arsenal? Although some of these lads must play again, especially Fred and McTominay. But be nice to have some other options at least back for that game.

36. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    3 at the back just doesn't work for us.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    I didn't understand why Young had such a brainfart of a game it's not as if he wasn't use to playing further up the pitch and helping his defenders after all he did start out his career as a winger/wide midfielder. I have a feeling it was more a communication problem between the two players brought on by Bailly not playing in his natural position in the centre. That said Bailly really needs to take stock now as if he doesn't watch out he will find himself being overtaken by the likes of Tuanzebe, O'Connor and TFM etc. He has the ability we know but not yet the capacity to use it consistently.

38. Young has been full of brainfarts all season tbf, I love the guy but he needs to be replaced by Wan-Bissaka in the summer. Stick around as rotation next season.

Imagine Sancho, Wan-Bissaka and De Ligt. Summer signings.

39. This picture brings me such great joy lads

40. ....The Manchester United Thread-fb_img_1551910833568.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    zzeezzy, Tyton and ninjaskill like this.

41. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Wan-Bissaka
    Amazing lad but you have no need for him, you have Dalot in up and coming star. Think he deserve his change in first team for a season, just like we talked how Dortmund brings in players and trusting them.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Amazing lad but you have no need for him, you have Dalot in up and coming star. Think he deserve his change in first team for a season, just like we talked how Dortmund brings in players and trusting them.
    I honestly want Dalot played more as a winger, he has had such impact there last few games. Beats a man easily and one of the best crosses of. a ball in the squad. I don't see why he can't make it there.

43. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    I honestly want Dalot played more as a winger, he has had such impact there last few games. Beats a man easily and one of the best crosses of. a ball in the squad. I don't see why he can't make it there.
    Have not seen him thre, but then u will block him with Sancho.

I am not trying to play these decions down, just two new guys for right side might be over buying as all those 3 will be veyr young.

But that trio will cost all your luck and more. WB is english, De Ligt going nuts in CL and Sancho also a lot.
    If u find some mad china club to get Sanchez of your books, then maybe
    zzeezzy likes this.

44. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Have not seen him thre, but then u will block him with Sancho.

I am not trying to play these decions down, just two new guys for right side might be over buying as all those 3 will be veyr young.

But that trio will cost all your luck and more. WB is english, De Ligt going nuts in CL and Sancho also a lot.
    If u find some mad china club to get Sanchez of your books, then maybe
    That's the dream window tbh, not really the reality. Although De Ligt will most likely go to Barca and who knows Sancho may want to remain at Dortmund to continue his development.

See your point about Dalot though, to be honest more than anything I hope we just kind of commit to playing him in one position or the other sooner rather than later. He's clearly a very capable utility player, but seems kind of a waste like when we had Blind.

45. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Any players back for Arsenal? Although some of these lads must play again, especially Fred and McTominay. But be nice to have some other options at least back for that game.
    Think Martial, Lingard, Matic

46. Just watching all the social media clips of all the injured players watching at home and celebrating. Ex players VDS, Giggs, Saha, Cantona, Evra, Rooney all doing the same. Even vids of fans from Kenya, Africa all around the world celebrating in the street.

Actually brought a tear tear to my eye. I fucking love this club

47. My perfect summer. Koulibaly and Sancho. Win everything

48. Historical night in many ways, it almost feels like a dream.

49. Goes to show that you can hire best manager in the world, but if he doesn't get the culture around the club he's going to struggle. Makes me wonder if you wouldn't be better off just giving it to Giggs after LVG was sacked.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO