Like Tree38859Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    The actual law and top class officials would disagree with you:

    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...rmot-gallagher

    The actual law is in there. ‘Deliberate’ is the key word- https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/u...se-what-is-not

    You got away with one. City didn’t the prevoius week. VAR shoild never be called upon in imstances like that but it is what it is and many more teams will suffer/ benefit from the same going forward.
    Not gonna get into it. It was given a penalty the Ref on the pitch thought it was a penalty. Plenty of refs have said since it was a penalty. All down to interpretation. I will go with the refs interpretation on the laws this time thanks

  2. Oh can we cut the shit here. If that call went against United you all would be losing your shit for 50 pages. You all know it. You all know it and don't deny it, because if you do, I am literally posting a picture of my anus in here.

  3. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    .....It it honestly frustrates the shit out of me he’s still in charge!!!
    When you’re in serious danger of missing the 6 play-off slots from divison 2, thete’s far more than just the manager who needs to have a long hard look at himself.

    But I’d never put much stock the 23’s in terms of results. There’s so many varables week-to-week with players moving up and down, going out on loan, needing fitness etc etc that its one of rhe worst jobs going to not have a settled side to work with.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Oh can we cut the shit here. If that call went against United you all would be losing your shit for 50 pages. You all know it. You all know it and don't deny it, because if you do, I am literally posting a picture of my anus in here.
    It wasnt a pen. United got lucky. Yeah, its true. I can see the reasoning why pen was given, but I disagree with it. Foodballs gone way too soft.
    Tyton and Scouseinthehouse like this.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    When you’re in serious danger of missing the 6 play-off slots from divison 2, thete’s far more than just the manager who needs to have a long hard look at himself.

    But I’d never put much stock the 23’s in terms of results. There’s so many varables week-to-week with players moving up and down, going out on loan, needing fitness etc etc that its one of rhe worst jobs going to not have a settled side to work with.
    Yeah the u23s is just a disaster mate from top to bottom. But 90% of our problems are down to the manager. Plays LVG/Mou mk2 football. Leaves out players that perform one week the next. Has hardly even played out best players that have stayed around from last year. Playing players out of position. Subs are baffling and at baffling times, like 5 mins to go when we are chasing a game. And spends large amounts of the game sat on his seat with his head in his jacket.

    Been to a few u18s and 23s this season. It’s all a bit weird like when the u18s play at Carrington he looks like an outcast. You see all the coaches and academy staff all round the dugout, while he stands miles away by himself.

  6. Modern Day Legend
    He might well need replacimg but they’ll be a reason for all of that. What you see as the ‘best players’ and your ‘favourites’ aren’t always in the best overall interests of development at a particular time for the club. As noted above, there’s so many varables that go along with the 23s team more than any other age range.

    To get bent iut if shape on results as you often do is viewing U23 football all wrong IMHO.

  7. The only reason Sanchez stays is if he forces it, which given the wages he may well do. There is no footballing reason he should be here next season, he is of no benefit whatsoever because he literally never plays anywhere else other than the left. Which is useless for us when we have Martial and Rashford who operate there sometimes.

    I feel that we need to be sensible in the summer regarding signings, the recent upturn in form is great and everything but we can't suddenly think that this squad will challenge for a title next season because it's wishful thinking. I think we need 3 signings, I'm all for managers working with and improving what they got but go to be realistic, we need investment in 3 positions.

  8. His arm has made his body bigger/stopped the ball's path to goal. Harsh as fuck, and I would be pissed if it was given against me, but it's easy to see why it was given. I'd also be quite pissed that my CB has turned his back on it, given the circumstances. CL quarters on the line, you're consciously turning your back on it?

    Ref has taken into consideration:

    1- There's sufficient distance between ball & man. He's had time to make his mind up

    2- His arm has made his body bigger & blocked path to goal, whatever way it's spun.

    3- Nobody's asked him to turn his back, so the "natural arm movement" could be counter-argued (from a refs perspective) that nobody's asked you turn your back to the ball. You've intentionally/consciously chose to do that. Not saying plenty don't, just be willing to face the consequences if your dangling arm does stop the ball.

    The Manchester United Thread-hb.png

    If McTominay can do it, TWICE, in the very same game, with one of them scenarios far less distance between ball & man, then I'm sure a bloody World Cup winning centre half can. Maybe we're under-crediting Mr. Kimbempe's cunningness. Probably gets away with it 8/10 games.

    The Manchester United Thread-mctom1.pngThe Manchester United Thread-mctom2.png




    Like I said, I'd be pissed if it was given against me as it's quite subjective; comes down to whether or not you interprate Kimpembe trying to be shrewd about it. Although when you break it down, you can definitely see a case. Either way, as Tuchel, I'd be pissed with both the decision + Kimpembe.
    Last edited by RhQQ; 10/03/2019 at 12:10 PM.
    Munroe, Tyton, Sherkey and 1 others like this.

  9. Look, I can even agree that it's a handball. I just don't think it should be.

    They either need to change the rules or VAR protocol. Or both. It was pretty clear that VAR influenced the ref and not necessarily in a good way. They watch it in slow-motion and in slow-motion no movement seems natural, so how the hell is it supposed to help with a handball call?

  10. #MUWomen team to play Leicester City (kick-off 12:00 GMT): Chamberlain; Harris, A. Turner(c), M. Turner, Smith; James, Green, Toone, Hanson, Sigsworth, Galton.

    Substitutes: Ramsey, Arnot, Palmer, Devlin, Greenwood, Zelem.

  11. Tbf United long due a decision going their way in CL anyway, that Nani red card when we outplayed Madrid before that and was winning still does my nut in.
    Munroe, Tyton and Sherkey like this.

  12. The women are 2-0 up atm after 32 mins. First goal scored by Mollie Green a volley from the edge of the box. And the second was Lauren James cracker with her week foot from 35 yards into the top corner.

    3-0 after 42 mins Kirsty Hanson with a curler into the top corner from 25 yards out.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 10/03/2019 at 01:49 PM.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Look, I can even agree that it's a handball. I just don't think it should be.

    They either need to change the rules or VAR protocol. Or both. It was pretty clear that VAR influenced the ref and not necessarily in a good way. They watch it in slow-motion and in slow-motion no movement seems natural, so how the hell is it supposed to help with a handball call?
    Thats the only thing that annoys me with VAR. It should all be viewed in real time because everything looks 100 times worse slowed down. By all means look at it from different angles and zoomed in, but in real time.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Thats the only thing that annoys me with VAR. It should all be viewed in real time because everything looks 100 times worse slowed down. By all means look at it from different angles and zoomed in, but in real time.
    It shows both in slow mo and real time.
    Munroe likes this.

  15. 4-0 up now after 48 mins. Good run by Ella Toone into the box then finishes with a lovely dink lob over the keeper.

    5-1 atm. Leicester got a goal back after Utd being really complacent after scoring there 4th. But Sigsworth just got the fifth.

    6-1 Sigsworth with a second taking it round the keeper.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 10/03/2019 at 02:48 PM.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    It shows both in slow mo and real time.
    Yes but how do you know the ref's decision has only been influenced by seeing it in slow-mo? Seeing something in slow-mo makes it look 100 times worse.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Yes but how do you know the ref's decision has only been influenced by seeing it in slow-mo? Seeing something in slow-mo makes it look 100 times worse.
    The refs influenced by all angles and motions/frames he’s sees on the screen.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    The refs influenced by all angles and motions/frames he’s sees on the screen.
    Exactly. They shouldnt be allowed to show anything in slow motion as it completely changeds the perspective. The only reason slow-mo should be used is to determine if a ball has gone out of play (like in the RM v Ajax game) or if contact is borderline inside/outside of the box to decide on a penalty/free kick. The actual challenge itself should only be seen in real time.

  19. View image on Twitter

    Gary Neville has posted the Arsenal vs #mufc teams on Instagram


  20. Decent lineup but that Arsenal team seems like they are really going for it with Ozil starting. Aubamayang and Lacazette.

  21. Romero, Rojo, Bailly, McTominay, Periera, Martial, Greenwood subs

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Romero, Rojo, Bailly, McTominay, Periera, Martial, Greenwood subs
    Henrik Mkhitaryan out of the squad in the warm up.



  23. At around 3 mins you see the penalty incident that got given against Alex sandro where he was unaware and then the ball hits his chest then arm, what the united players were doing in the pictures is what all defenders should be doing with VAR unless they chance how the rules work anything touches the arm and it gets given

  24. Modern Day Legend
    And a Burnley lad had a shout agaimst him today that didn’t look, at least in live action, deliberate either as his arms were close
    to his body ala the PSG lad. Would have been ridiculous to award that too against Burnley earlier.

    VAR has no right getting involved with either when its not clear and obvious to review the on-field decision.

  25. Weird half Arsenal slightly better on the ball. We should have 3 goals in the bag. Rashford been horrible this half!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Weird half Arsenal slightly better on the ball. We should have 3 goals in the bag. Rashford been horrible this half!
    Always had a bad feeling about this game and I'm not sure why. But having said that we should of scored at least one.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Always had a bad feeling about this game and I'm not sure why. But having said that we should of scored at least one.
    The good thing is we are creating plenty without playing great. Matic looks not match fit not surprisingly. Be looking to hook Rashford off he continues like this the first 15/20 mins of the second half.

  28. Rashford is frustrating, he does one good thing and then another terrible, got to improve his intelligence. if that's even possible. Makes some stupid needless errors sometimes.

  29. Dont think Arsenal have been better. Bar first 15 or so, we've been the better side imo. Their intensity has died off a bit, get Martial on when the game opens up a little more

  30. Definitely got to get at least a point today after Chelsea dropping points. Law of averages says we'll lose a league game at some point but please not today.

  31. United can only blame themselves for this result so far. Couple of wtf misses by Lukaku and one or two half chances that couldve gone in.

  32. Fred is absolutely fucking useless

  33. How in the fucks fuck is that a pen? This game is mental. Ugh...

  34. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Fred is absolutely fucking useless
    Wtf lol, he has had a good game and you say that because of a pen that was never a pen.

  35. What a shit performance and still should be winning if we didn’t fuck up our good chances.

  36. This ref is useless, fucking useless, I give up with this fatty officiating a match. John Moss. Jesus.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Wtf lol, he has had a good game and you say that because of a pen that was never a pen.
    No I say that because he's absolute shit and can't pass a ball. 30 seconds before the penalty he got the ball just outside Arsenal's box and instead of feeding it through to his left, he kept the ball and ran forward straight into an Arsenal player, lost the ball, the ran back and gave away a penalty (soft but doesnt change the fact he did it). He's an absolute mong. All he does is give the ball away unless its a 2 yard pass backwards.

  38. Karma is a harsh bitch.
    dilakh2 and Scouseinthehouse like this.

  39. Sorry but thats a pen for me. He doesn't touch him and it wasn't deliberate but still, you have to give that.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Sorry but thats a pen for me. He doesn't touch him and it wasn't deliberate but still, you have to give that.
    He doesn't touch him but its a penalty?

  41. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    He doesn't touch him but its a penalty?
    Just a bit of banter with all the pen bs fiasco on here. It wasn't a pen but hey karma I guess.

  42. Flat!!!!

  43. Lmao saw who the ref that gave the penalty was. Johnathon Moss the only ref who blows for non existant fouls just so he can take a breather.

  44. I actually don't mind this tbh, a bit of grounding back to reality and all that jazz. If there was a time for a defeat it was today, even though it's Arsenal. Nothing been lost really given the other results.

    If you had asked me a week ago would you take going through in CL and losing to arsenal, I would tbf. Take our L and move on.


    Lukaku's big game woes continue, 1 goal in 17 against top 6 opponents, should of buried that early chance.

  45. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    No I say that because he's absolute shit and can't pass a ball. 30 seconds before the penalty he got the ball just outside Arsenal's box and instead of feeding it through to his left, he kept the ball and ran forward straight into an Arsenal player, lost the ball, the ran back and gave away a penalty (soft but doesnt change the fact he did it). He's an absolute mong. All he does is give the ball away unless its a 2 yard pass backwards.
    More



    Fred completed more passes (49) and made more ball recoveries (12) than any other Man Utd player vs. Arsenal

    ------------------

    One bad moment of losing the ball on edge of their box shouldn't override his overall performance for the team. Although you can have your own thoughts, for me he was better than majority of our team today. Not counting that penalty because there is no contact.

    It was you who said all this about Lindelof when he was shaky at the start of his United career or am I wrong?

  46. Didn't deserve to lose that but that's football.



  47. Just one of those days. Looked flat and just looked one big game to many with an injury hit squad and what happened after midweek. Still should of won mind with the chances we had. Not worried and onto the next big game. The few players returning will be better for the mins. And the players that have stepped up recently got a rest today. Sounds like Lingard and Herrera will be back for the next match.

  48. Greenwood looked good in his short cameo, I really think this kid can be something special and looks ready to make an impact.

  49. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Greenwood looked good in his short cameo, I really think this kid can be something special and looks ready to make an impact.
    He will defo be something special I have no doubt. Just keep giving him cameos here and there. Fully expect to see less of him from now. Nearly all the attackers back. And huge cup games coming up at youth level.

  50. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    More



    Fred completed more passes (49) and made more ball recoveries (12) than any other Man Utd player vs. Arsenal

    ------------------

    One bad moment of losing the ball on edge of their box shouldn't override his overall performance for the team. Although you can have your own thoughts, for me he was better than majority of our team today. Not counting that penalty because there is no contact.

    It was you who said all this about Lindelof when he was shaky at the start of his United career or am I wrong?
    And that meant what exactly? Most of the passes were maximum 5 yards backwards or sideways.

    Yes I said that about lindelof. And for the majority of his time here I was right. He's only improved the last few months. Same as the whole team. I also said it about Bailly. And he's not proven me wrong yet either. And your the last person to bring anything like this up. You flip flop on your opinions from game to game. If I had a pound for every time you have contradicted yourself id be a millionaire

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steveorobbo; 10/03/2019 at 08:12 PM.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO