Like Tree38726Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Modern Day Legend
    And yet conversly the Palace fans both games this year we’ve encountered were buzzing off him.

But yer know. Don’t let that get in the way of an up and down first full season with absolutely no context. It’ll help you to laugh at City if he ends up there.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    And yet conversly the Palace fans both games this year we’ve encountered were buzzing off him.

But yer know. Don’t let that get in the way of an up and down first full season with absolutely no context. It’ll help you to laugh at City if he ends up there.
    Wth lol. Have I said he’s been shit? Have I said he won’t improve? All I’ve said is his final 3rd play is poor which it is. My was from the start is why do we need him when we have exactly the same in Dalot but least he can add quality to the final 3rd. If he ends up at City I won’t give a toss I’m not a fan who cries when good players end at other clubs it’s football.

3. Modern Day Legend
    What you did was try sell everyone that his end product was poor and was at youth level. Which it wasn’t and you added absoiutely no context to his up and down season. Just flippantly downed him on this year.

‘Lol’ away but its not altering the false narrative you tried to spin on Wan-Bissaka.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    What you did was try sell everyone that his end product was poor and was at youth level. Which it wasn’t and you added absoiutely no context to his up and down season. Just flippantly downed him on this year.

‘Lol’ away but its not altering the false narrative you tried to spin on Wan-Bissaka.
    2 assists in about 30 or whatever games is poor imo. And his pass acc is about 70% all round and less in the opposition half. Most of his dribbles are beating the press in his own half.

5. We don’t need Bisaka, we need someone like lichsteiner, someone who can hold down the fort while Dalot develops

If this were FM, I’d get Depay back, buy Dybala(to play as a messi style false 9 between Martial and Rashford)buy a right back after scouting and sell Lukaku(I know he’s dping well, but he is not my kind of striker, + I’d play Martial as striker when Dybala can’t play).I’d also buy a controlling CM like Kroos(not Kroos, he’s not leaving Madrid)
    Last edited by Equilibrio; 19/03/2019 at 07:35 PM.

6. Confirmed @ManUtd will play in ICC pre-season tournament this summer. Will be after two games in Australia. No opponents or locations yet but obviously Far East and understand one Prem team.

7. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Martial isn't a striker.

We need two good options in all options. Wan Bissaka would be a great right back to compete with Dalot.
    JonoMUFC and Munroe like this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Martial isn't a striker.

We need two good options in all options. Wan Bissaka would be a great right back to compete with Dalot.
    Isnt that what Laird will be doing in a yr or 2. Surely a good experienced option would make more sense.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post

He is the only player in England to boast 40 or more tackles, completed take-ons (40) and interceptions (57), and only seven opponents have successfully wriggled beyond him. (9/2/19) in a position hes yet to play 40 games at.

I like him, wouldn't mind him, but i've yet to see a player under Pep at 25% more, even more so for the younger lads. Zinchenko was bought and played as a no 10. arguably been MOTM in the last 5 games straight.

10. Tbh TOD has a point, why would you buy Wan-Bissaka with Laird coming through..... I forgot about him and it makes it impossible for Laird get in first team with both Dalot/Wan-Bissaka there.

I'd understand if it was a lesser prospect, but Laird is probably our brightest talent atm apart from maybe Greenwood.

I do like Wan-Bissaka though, but realistically it doesn't make sense thinking about Laird in the equation to get him.

11. All pretty close in age, if not experience. Laird will be 18 before next season kicks off.

12. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Tbh TOD has a point, why would you buy Wan-Bissaka with Laird coming through..... I forgot about him and it makes it impossible for Laird get in first team with both Dalot/Wan-Bissaka there.

I'd understand if it was a lesser prospect, but Laird is probably our brightest talent atm apart from maybe Greenwood.

I do like Wan-Bissaka though, but realistically it doesn't make sense thinking about Laird in the equation to get him.
    Exactly mate. Laird is the Greenwood of the defence he’s rated equally as highly. Just doesn’t make sense. Plus Butt still raves about O’Connor at RB/CB. Then there’s Williams at LB. much prefer we go the experience root if we are getting a FB.
    zzeezzy likes this.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Wouldn't want Januzaj, hasn't really done something of note. I envisage his career more along the lines of a Drinkwater than a Pogba, mind. As for RB, wan Bissaka's name is being touted, and I wouldn't mind him too. He looks like a prospect.

I wouldn't. Although he is WC, we really shouldn't be breaking the wage structure again like this. As it is, looking at Sanchez, we are in a mess with DDG. And Griezmann would break Sanchez's wage structure (and from rumours, that is after him taking a wage cut). There is no doubt he is WC, but at some point, you have to weigh in the overall effect it would have.
    There is certainly a point there. I think is worth it, we'd have the best player in the world not named CR7, Messi or Neymar. Grizemann would take the squad to the next level. If we could offload Sanchez, i'd def check his situation at Madrid.

14. Wan-Bissaka is great, but since we already have a wonderkid, i'd rather buy a 28-30 years old RB that can be a solid first choice and help in the development of Dalot. I admit that such a player isn't easy to find, tho.

15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghl4PsChX8

-----

Got to say this is a great video about United and how they are still miles behind City behind the scenes in terms of footballing structure. Woodward better get that Director Of Football coming in like we were promised. This Solskjaer smoke screen is all well and good but I hope it's not a reason to keep things as they are.

16. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Laird is at least 2 years away. At least. We have a massive gap now, with just 3 full backs

17. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    This isn't football manager. Everyone is highly rated... Until they aren't. If he's good enough he'll get his chance.
    Munroe likes this.

18. As for new signings,i'd go with:

LB: Alex Telles is the best LB not playing for a top club in Europe right now. He's an insanely good crosser and produces a lot in the final third. His characteristics would complement well Shaw, whose game i think is more defensive. Porto is a selling club, so it would be a matter of how much, really.

CB: Skriniar would be the dream. I don't think i need to say anything about Varane. But both of them would probably set the record for the most expensive defensive player. So, Koulibaly or Umtiti would be our best options (Barcelona will probably sell Umtiti if they sign De Ligt).

RB: If not Wan-Bissaka, then who? I don't know. Would Trippier be viable? Meunier is not vital to PSG, but i don't hate him that highly.

CM: Rúben Neves/Ndombélé.

RW: We need a dribbler. Not one who can dribble if needed, but one whose primary instinct is to get past the defender. Jadon Sancho will win the Ballon D'or someday and needs to be a long term target. David Neres/Frederico Chiesa are two young agressive wingers. I'd say Douglas Costa, i think his skills would be great in PL, bu he's too injury prone.

Griezmann or Dybala are in a different level, and if a oportunity to sign them should come, we must buy any of them.
    Last edited by brunoh; 20/03/2019 at 02:13 AM.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Martial isn't a striker.

We can experiment, can’t we plus Dybala wouldn’t miss that many games to begin with

20. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    As for new signings,i'd go with:

LB: Alex Telles is the best LB not playing for a top club in Europe right now. He's an insanely good crosser and produces a lot in the final third. His characteristics would complement well Shaw, whose game i think is more defensive. Porto is a selling club, so it would be a matter of how much, really.

CB: Skriniar would be the dream. I don't think i need to say anything about Varane. But both of them would probably set the record for the most expensive defensive player. So, Koulibaly or Umtiti would be our best options (Barcelona will probably sell Umtiti if they sign De Ligt).

RB: If not Wan-Bissaka, then who? I don't know. Would Trippier be viable? Meunier is not vital to PSG, but i don't hate him that highly.

CM: Rúben Neves/Ndombélé.

RW: We need a dribbler. Not one who can dribble if needed, but one whose primary instinct is to get past the defender. Jadon Sancho will win the Ballon D'or someday and needs to be a long term target. David Neres/Frederico Chiesa are two young agressive wingers. I'd say Douglas Costa, i think his skills would be great in PL, bu he's too injury prone.

Griezmann or Dybala are in a different level, and if a oportunity to sign them should come, we must buy any of them.
    I like your suggestions tbh. Not Costa though to late for him and to injury prone. Not sold on Griezmann or Dybala there more suited playing behind a STR. Sancho, Chiesa would be good options plus Lozano. Meunir would be perfect imo to compliment Dalot and getable.

No no way Neves is going anywhere this summer.

In other news Matic has dropped out now and Rashford looks likely not to feature also. Get them players rested oh and Ryan Giggs son has joined on trial.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 20/03/2019 at 06:09 AM.

21. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghl4PsChX8

-----

Got to say this is a great video about United and how they are still miles behind City behind the scenes in terms of footballing structure. Woodward better get that Director Of Football coming in like we were promised. This Solskjaer smoke screen is all well and good but I hope it's not a reason to keep things as they are.
    Read this Zz interesting article for anyone that's interested.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/man-utd-alex-ferguson-greenwo
    zzeezzy likes this.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Read this Zz interesting article for anyone that's interested.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/man-utd-alex-ferguson-greenwo
    It's the Mickey mouse handling the contracts and signings that needs addressing more than anything. The youth products and academy generally is still pretty decent.

I still can't get my head around who made the footballing decision to give jones a 5 year contract, he plays about 4 games and hasn't been seen since. Whether that's due to illness/injury or whatever, the point remains he misses as many games as he plays.

The only logic that goes into some of these contracts must be Woodward going "Well we need to keep them to get some money back, sign them to a contract".

Darmian and Rojo two players we that should of been long gone, last summer at least.

Sanchez stupidly high wages and then the long-term contract which now means we will have him for as long as he wants to pick up a pay check. It will also probably prevent us from having a more deserving player on the top of our wage structure like De Gea. I can't think what the reason the contract keeps stalling for, if you believe the rumours it is because we don't want to meet the demands. But we pay that salary to Sanchez.

23. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Jones is going to be 5th choice. Stop obsessing about him

The club have been trying to move on both Darmian and Rojo.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Jones is going to be 5th choice. Stop obsessing about him

The club have been trying to move on both Darmian and Rojo.
    So what about players coming through for the next 5 years? Like Tuanzebe who has been decent for Villa when he has played, surely we should keep that spot for people like him. Especially as we already have Lindelof, Smalling, Bailly, (Rojo).

Not mentioning the other CB people mostly want this summer, I don't see places for players like Tuanzebe to make it in the squad if you are going to keep players like Jones as well.

25. I would loan Tuanzebe out again for one last season. Sell Rojo. New signing and Lindelof starting Bailly, Smalling, Jones as your back up. Sorted

26. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghl4PsChX8

-----

He's completely right with his statements on players we've kept. Why Phil Jones, Valencia and Darmian are still with the club beggar belief. The sentimentality is mind boggling especially for players (Phil Jones and Darmian) who haven't actually been successful or meaningful in anyway.

27. Quote Originally Posted by JonoMUFC View Post
    He's completely right with his statements on players we've kept. Why Phil Jones, Valencia and Darmian are still with the club beggar belief. The sentimentality is mind boggling especially for players (Phil Jones and Darmian) who haven't actually been successful or meaningful in anyway.
    Very harsh on Jones. When he’s been fit he’s been good. That’s the problem though. We’ve been trying to move Darmian for ages but no one wants to stump up even a half decent fee.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    I like your suggestions tbh. Not Costa though to late for him and to injury prone. Not sold on Griezmann or Dybala there more suited playing behind a STR. Sancho, Chiesa would be good options plus Lozano. Meunir would be perfect imo to compliment Dalot and getable.

No no way Neves is going anywhere this summer.

In other news Matic has dropped out now and Rashford looks likely not to feature also. Get them players rested oh and Ryan Giggs son has joined on trial.
    Lozano is a great suggestion. Forgot about him.

29. The most obvious problem is that you have no right wing. And you don't have it for like half a decade already.
    Sherkey likes this.

30. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    So what about players coming through for the next 5 years? Like Tuanzebe who has been decent for Villa when he has played, surely we should keep that spot for people like him. Especially as we already have Lindelof, Smalling, Bailly, (Rojo).

Not mentioning the other CB people mostly want this summer, I don't see places for players like Tuanzebe to make it in the squad if you are going to keep players like Jones as well.
    Tuanzebe still needs developing anyway. And if he gets ahead of Jones or Smalling, sell one of them to a mid table side. It's the stupidest thing to complain about.

Complaining about Rojo? He's getting sold
    Complaining about Darmian? He's getting sold
    Complaining about Valencia? He's leaving at the end

Anyone complaining that they are still here when they are either leaving or on the way out is being ridiculous

31. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    The most obvious problem is that you have no right wing. And you don't have it for like half a decade already.
    I'd say CB too.

32. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    I'd say CB too.
    No, not particularly. With CB, there have always been options, from Jones, Smalling and Evans to Lindelof and Bailly now (including the LvG era of Blackett and McNair). With RW, I struggle to remember anyone who was good on that right side (other than Nani, woefully inconsistent, but a joy to watch, mind) in quite a while. I would say RB too, but we had Rafael, and he should never have been allowed to leave (damn you, LvG).

Getting some sort of pace and width on that right side is extremely important. Sancho or Bailey would work, I reckon, and I would rather we gave a concerted push for them now. We can promise First Team status, which is not possible for most of the other top sides who could be interested in them. I reckon Madrid/Bayern would be our potential competition for them, I dunno//

RB/RW and backup LB/CM could be what we target this year (could scrap the backup LB if Young is being rotated with Shaw). And hopefully get rid of Sanchez, if that's at all possible. And extend DDG, FFS.

33. Sancho would be a my muppets signing of the summer. Lots of papers linking us to him this morning around Europe. Come on Ed

Not sold on Bailly he’s definitely dropped off this season a little when I’ve seen him he reminds me of Nani. Moments of magic then all but falling over himself and stuff.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 21/03/2019 at 06:09 AM.

34. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Sancho would be a my muppets signing of the summer. Lots of papers linking us to him this morning around Europe. Come on Ed

Not sold on Bailly he’s definitely dropped off this season a little when I’ve seen him he reminds me of Nani. Moments of magic then all but falling over himself and stuff.
    Young, so the inconsistency is expected. Nani was wildly inconsistent, even at 28+;; Bailley is young and quick (mind you, haven't seen much more of him to form a more nuanced opinion). But that Leverkusen attack is gold - Volland, Havertz, Brandt and Bailey. Agility and guile.

But that aside, I would love Sancho. A front three of Sancho-Rashford-Martial is enough to give any defence a royal headache - that pace and directness.

35. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Young, so the inconsistency is expected. Nani was wildly inconsistent, even at 28+;; Bailley is young and quick (mind you, haven't seen much more of him to form a more nuanced opinion). But that Leverkusen attack is gold - Volland, Havertz, Brandt and Bailey. Agility and guile.

But that aside, I would love Sancho. A front three of Sancho-Rashford-Martial is enough to give any defence a royal headache - that pace and directness.
    Plus that attack could last for years.

The Sancho price is only going to keep rising, and it'll be a very high starting price anyway!

36. Ole: “Call me naive, call me stupid, call me ambitious, call me whatever you want, but ever since I trained the reserves team the dream was to become the manager of United. I have to be my own man. But it so happens United has a way of playing that suits me well.” #mufc [NRK]

37. James Garner stared and captained England U18's to a 4-1 win over Japan today. Ethan Laird also stared. Angel Gomes got 2 assists #mulive

38. What do you guys think is Rashford’s best position?I think he is best in a strike duo in a 442

39. Lone STR!

40. He shouldn't even be on international duty, should of had 2 weeks rest been playing games since Liverpool with ankle injury, hasn't looked right since.

Just said on SSN that his ankle injury means he won't be playing tomorrow for England most likely, just send him home ffs.

Out of all United players he defo shouldn't be on international duty.

41. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    He shouldn't even be on international duty, should of had 2 weeks rest been playing games since Liverpool with ankle injury, hasn't looked right since.

Just said on SSN that his ankle injury means he won't be playing tomorrow for England most likely, just send him home ffs.

Out of all United players he defo shouldn't be on international duty.
    He won’t play either game. Don’t worry about it and stop stressing lol. Let him enjoy a 2 week brake with his international buddies.

Plus then him and Lingard can tag team on Sancho

42. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    He won’t play either game. Don’t worry about it and stop stressing lol. Let him enjoy a 2 week brake with his international buddies.

Plus then him and Lingard can tag team on Sancho
    Be interesting if both Hudson-Odoi and Sancho play for England, tbh got to say we've got some cracking talent now in international setup. A lot more coming through next few seasons as well, England looks in good shape if they progress well.

43. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Be interesting if both Hudson-Odoi and Sancho play for England, tbh got to say we've got some cracking talent now in international setup. A lot more coming through next few seasons as well, England looks in good shape if they progress well.
    Agree there mate! Some real talent and I actually look forward to watching them now. Took long enough but got there in the end structure wise with the national team.

And in other news feck Barca and there ticket prices. I’m glad we have returned the favour.
    zzeezzy likes this.

44. From Solsjkaer today.

“It is clear now I’m working as I will survive. I am thinking about plans for this club for the next five to ten years.”

45. Bit annoyed with Pogba tbh and his comments about Madrid once again, the timing of it considering just been made 'captain' once again. I don't know why he has to say stuff like this. In my opinion Pogba should be brushing that question off rather than answering it openly in a France press conference knowing full well it will go full circle in the media. He doesn't deserve the United captaincy, I thought that even before these comments tbf, but even moire now.

If Madrid came in the summer and offered £200m I'd be tempted to let him go, his head clearly isn't here anyway for the future. So we could get a few quality replacements for a player who has been largely frustrating rather than good for us.

Unpopular opinion sorry guys, but I just can't have a captain of a club saying that kind of shit. It's very unprofessional. Stirring the pot, terrible timing with how things are going as well.

46. Couldn’t care what he says tbh. As long as he’s performing that’s all I care about. Not surprised that nearly everyone reporting about it are conveniently missing out the part about how he’s happy at Utd. And happy to be working with the new coach and happy the steps the club are making.

Hey but that wouldn’t get as many clicks.
    Munroe and steveorobbo like this.

47. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Couldn’t care what he says tbh. As long as he’s performing that’s all I care about. Not surprised that nearly everyone reporting about it are conveniently missing out the part about how he’s happy at Utd. And happy to be working with the new coach and happy the steps the club are making.

Hey but that wouldn’t get as many clicks.
    Yeah but he should know as soon as he says 'Madrid is a dream' it will go out like that. He has been good for us mostly last few months. can't deny that but been pretty disappointed with him against Arsenal and Wolves looked more like the Mourinho Pogba.

I know he supposedly has this leadership presence but for me when he's on the pitch you don't see it enough. Like for example against Wolves, we're not playing well and rather than him looking to stay his authority on the team/game, he just lets the game drift him by.

If we keep Pogba great, but I just don't see why we give him the captaincy. He just doesn't perform well with it and puts extra scrutiny on him. The better candidates for captain next season for me are: Lindelof or Herrera. Preferably the latter.
    Last edited by zzeezzy; 21/03/2019 at 05:25 PM.

48. What you reckon to the Bruno Fernandez links TOD? Is he a type of player you think we need?

49. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    What you reckon to the Bruno Fernandez links TOD? Is he a type of player you think we need?
    My fiancé sisters boyfriend is Portuguese and a Benfica fan. But he really likes Fernandes and says he’s easily one of the best players in the league.

From what ive seen and been told he has a similar game to Pogba but I would say has a more rounded BTB game. So like Herrera but more attacking qualities. Scores some great free kicks and long distance shots. Could easily play next to Pogba or be back up. Would be a good signing imo.

50. Shit I knew he had good numbers this season but not this good!

20gls
    11 assists
    6 MOTM awards with an average passing rating of mid 80s. Averages about 3 key passes per game. He’s played everywhere this season except defence and GK.

Defo would be a good stand in that role if Pogba was missing!

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO