Like Tree38609Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Shit I knew he had good numbers this season but not this good!

20gls
    11 assists
    6 MOTM awards with an average passing rating of mid 80s. Averages about 3 key passes per game. He’s played everywhere this season except defence and GK.

Defo would be a good stand in that role if Pogba was missing!
    Them stats are pretty insane for a midfielder, wtf 20 goals?? Damn, we don't have enough goals in this team from other areas, would take him off that alone.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Shit I knew he had good numbers this season but not this good!

20gls
    11 assists
    6 MOTM awards with an average passing rating of mid 80s. Averages about 3 key passes per game. He’s played everywhere this season except defence and GK.

Defo would be a good stand in that role if Pogba was missing!
    Those are insane numbers for a midfielder - Lampard-esque.

3. Rashford back home

Sancho, Fernandes and a CB would be a good window imo.

4. Modern Day Legend

5. I don't wanna play the devil's advocate here, but i'd rather go for Ndombélé. Don't get me wrong, Bruno Fernandes is amazing, but he is too similar to Pogba. They play in the same areas of the field. Ndombélé, in another hand, is a perfect complement. He's a controller. He likes to drop veru deep to make the ball move forward. He's a more needed type of player, if we're looking to buy only one CM. Of course, it also depends on the philosophy of the new manager or Ole himself.
    zzeezzy likes this.

6. Don't know if you guys follow the channel Tifo Football o Youtube, but this is good stuff: https://youtu.be/HKz_O5zHjsQ

7. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    I don't wanna play the devil's advocate here, but i'd rather go for Ndombélé. Don't get me wrong, Bruno Fernandes is amazing, but he is too similar to Pogba. They play in the same areas of the field. Ndombélé, in another hand, is a perfect complement. He's a controller. He likes to drop veru deep to make the ball move forward. He's a more needed type of player, if we're looking to buy only one CM. Of course, it also depends on the philosophy of the new manager or Ole himself.
    Pogba cant play every game though. So when you take him out you need somebody to step in that is seamless or as close as. Why do you think City are as good as they are. Sane/Sterling, B.Silva/Mahrez, D.Silva/De Bruyne. And any combination of them can play in the same system without disruption to the team. If we take out Pogba who do we play like for like? Same could be said for Herrera and Matic if we play a midfield 3 but out of the 3 Pogba is the hardest to replace. We have McTominay that can play both the Herrera and Matic role at a pinch and Fred that does whatever he's supposed to be in there to do (something is better than nothing I suppose).

Once you take Pogba out you have to change the full formation of the team. Somebody to come in as a straight swap for Pogba could be the biggest signing we make this summer.
    Tyton likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Pogba cant play every game though. So when you take him out you need somebody to step in that is seamless or as close as. Why do you think City are as good as they are. Sane/Sterling, B.Silva/Mahrez, D.Silva/De Bruyne. And any combination of them can play in the same system without disruption to the team. If we take out Pogba who do we play like for like? Same could be said for Herrera and Matic if we play a midfield 3 but out of the 3 Pogba is the hardest to replace. We have McTominay that can play both the Herrera and Matic role at a pinch and Fred that does whatever he's supposed to be in there to do (something is better than nothing I suppose).

Once you take Pogba out you have to change the full formation of the team. Somebody to come in as a straight swap for Pogba could be the biggest signing we make this summer.
    I agree with you that we need a Pogba's replacement, and ideally we'd buy them both. But between one of them, i'd rather a starter than a bench for Pogba.

I do believe in Fred tho, is hard to pick up PL pace when you come from Ukrania. Fernandinho didn't quite settle in his first season too.

Btw, Marca is claiming that Psg offered Herrera a 3 yrs contract, worth 150 k a week. He is close to agreeing. So, if this is not bs, is something to worry about.

9. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    I agree with you that we need a Pogba's replacement, and ideally we'd buy them both. But between one of them, i'd rather a starter than a bench for Pogba.

I do believe in Fred tho, is hard to pick up PL pace when you come from Ukrania. Fernandinho didn't quite settle in his first season too.

Btw, Marca is claiming that Psg offered Herrera a 3 yrs contract, worth 150 k a week. He is close to agreeing. So, if this is not bs, is something to worry about.
    Herrera would be a big loss. Out of the 3 of Pogba, Matic and Herrera its my view that Herrera has been the most important piece keeping them all together. If we get Rabiot on a free then its not so bad but personally I don't want him anywhere near the club if his reported attitude is to be believed.
    zzeezzy likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Herrera would be a big loss. Out of the 3 of Pogba, Matic and Herrera its my view that Herrera has been the most important piece keeping them all together. If we get Rabiot on a free then its not so bad but personally I don't want him anywhere near the club if his reported attitude is to be believed.
    I don't want Rabiot either. No respect of his teammates and managers, both at club level and in his national team.

Gotta say, i expected more from him. He had potential to be the next great midfielder when he debuted, with 17 yrs old. Turned into an ok player.

11. I would take Fernandes over Ndombele we lose far to much when Pogba is out. Wouldn’t worry about Herrera leaving especially to PSG where he would be so far down the pecking order. Expect him to sign not sure on Mata though hope he does. People need to stop with the whole Rabiot bad guy thing. Bouhafsi did a good piece the other day. PSG are just as much if not more to blame for this whole situation.

Marca being Marca

At this point, would be worth saying that Marca haven’t credited a journalist with this story and they very much usually do. There quoting the Sun UK.

Even if they don’t name the journalist it’s ‘Marca Editors’, not this time.

Nothing in France anywhere about PSG interest in Herrera.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 22/03/2019 at 06:30 AM.

12. Yeah TOD but your positive about a lot of things, but losing Herrera would be a huge blow. There is no guarantee we can get a replacement like him with his tenacious attitude and leadership qualities. He is just an all round great asset to have as well.

It will really piss me off if we have lost Herrera due to not sorting out his contract, bloody clowns once again.

Another problem we did not even need for the summer, I'm surprised if Herrera has gone PSG though. Doesn't come across as that type, but we can only blame ourselves.

What a massive blow. Please stay Ander! If it is true.

13. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Yeah TOD but your positive about a lot of things, but losing Herrera would be a huge blow. There is no guarantee we can get a replacement like him with his tenacious attitude and leadership qualities. He is just an all round great asset to have as well.

It will really piss me off if we have lost Herrera due to not sorting out his contract, bloody clowns once again.

Another problem we did not even need for the summer, I'm surprised if Herrera has gone PSG though. Doesn't come across as that type, but we can only blame ourselves.

What a massive blow. Please stay Ander! If it is true.
    Just don’t worry about things mate till we know what’s happening

14. Stupid how we haven’t tied Herrera up already. One of the most underrated CM’s in the game, and dare I say Rabiot coming the other way would be a downgrade

15. MEN, Mitten, Ogden are all saying nonsense to the Herrera talks coming from mainly from Spain. The club and his team are confident he is going to remain at the club.

Sounds like Spanish media shit stirring before we play Barca in the CL. Even Bouhafsi has reported today that there was interest but he adores Utd and Ole and the fans adore him.
    zzeezzy likes this.

16. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Stupid how we haven’t tied Herrera up already. One of the most underrated CM’s in the game, and dare I say Rabiot coming the other way would be a downgrade
    Tbh from what i read he’s had a deal on the table since last season and that he wanted to know about the manager situation. Can’t blame him after being frozen out by LVG and Mourinho. Sounds like crap about him leaving anyways.

17. I love Herrera and definitely want to keep him but if Fred starts playing like he has last few games, is he arguably better? He has the engine, tenacity but also better on the ball technically.

18. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    I love Herrera and definitely want to keep him but if Fred starts playing like he has last few games, is he arguably better? He has the engine, tenacity but also better on the ball technically.
    That’s my feeling tbh mate. Love Herrera and think he’s underrated like RH said. But if we are upgrading in the Summer which seems with a new CM signing. Plus Fred showing signs and having his adaption season then Herrera wouldn’t be so much of a miss. I mean just say Pogba, Matic, Fred, Periera, McTominey and say Fernandes. That’s good quality in CM if you ask me. Not mentioning Garner also.

Few more English media saying Herrera has no offer from PSG. Ducker included.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 22/03/2019 at 03:18 PM.

19. In a midfield three, I'm pretty confident Fernandes and Pogba can play together. We could certainly do with another creative player and more goals from midfield.

20. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Herrera would be a massive loss. And very expensive to replace. Thankfully he does want to stay otherwise we'd have already lost him

21. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    That’s my feeling tbh mate. Love Herrera and think he’s underrated like RH said. But if we are upgrading in the Summer which seems with a new CM signing. Plus Fred showing signs and having his adaption season then Herrera wouldn’t be so much of a miss. I mean just say Pogba, Matic, Fred, Periera, McTominey and say Fernandes. That’s good quality in CM if you ask me. Not mentioning Garner also.

Few more English media saying Herrera has no offer from PSG. Ducker included.
    Whats Fred good at btw watched him a few times this season and he seems to have an iffy touch not much of an upgrade on Herrera whos excellent usually. Granted it his first season so can't really judge him.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Herrera would be a massive loss. And very expensive to replace. Thankfully he does want to stay otherwise we'd have already lost him
    Yeah it’s all part of the posturing game to get himself the best possible deal.

Sancho he looks such a creative threat.

23. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Whats Fred good at btw watched him a few times this season and he seems to have an iffy touch not much of an upgrade on Herrera whos excellent usually. Granted it his first season so can't really judge him.
    Very good Technically with both feet. Very good at passing forward and breaking the lines from deep. Doesn’t mind putting in a shift the other way. Has a good eye for a pass in the final 3rd.

Hes is a top player. And was one of the top CMs in European competition last season. Like you said it’s his first season and he’s had troubles off the field also, and has admitted himself the initial move was tough. Language new country etc. He’s shown glimpses of quality. But not played enough to get consistency in his game. The only thing he will really need to up is his speed on the ball, getting rid of it quicker.
    dilakh2 likes this.

24. Just seen Pogba assist for Griezmann

25. YOUTH CALL-UPS THIS BREAK
    Henderson U21
    Gomes U19
    Laird, Garner U18
    Mengi U17
    Chong U21
    O'Connor U21
    Odubeko, McCann U17
    Poole U21
    Levitt U19
    N.I Galbraith U21
    Fojticek U21
    Dalot U20
    Ercolani U20
    Kovar U19
    Burkart U19
    Ramazani U18
    Bejger U17
    Olosunde U23

26. Looks like it will only be Pogba available for the next round of international matches after Belgium confirmed that Lukaku will miss the next game for sure. International break came at a good time for us for a change. And will have a lot of rested players and a almost 100% available squad after Valencia completed 90 mins.

Also Neil Custis who is usually pretty good with Utd news and Bild saying we’ve already had meeting about Sancho transfer.

27. Watched Sancho last night, still a bit raw but he has literally everything that we would want in that RW position. If we get him then teams will be shitting themselves because there won't be just a threat down the left!

28. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Watched Sancho last night, still a bit raw but he has literally everything that we would want in that RW position. If we get him then teams will be shitting themselves because there won't be just a threat down the left!
    Season or two early needs to develop more. Tendency to run down blind alleys and do a skill or two when a pass is on. Plus would cost the earth.

29. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Season or two early needs to develop more. Tendency to run down blind alleys and do a skill or two when a pass is on. Plus would cost the earth.
    Will likely cost more next season. It’s one of these deals like Martial. We need to Strike now or the price will be even more and other clubs will be competing for him.
    zzeezzy likes this.

30. Bailly scored for the Ivory Coast yesterday while wearing the number 9 shirt as captain.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Will likely cost more next season. It’s one of these deals like Martial. We need to Strike now or the price will be even more and other clubs will be competing for him.
    Pretty much my thoughts, if you don't get him this summer will cost way too much in future and will probably attract more interest as well.

He's only 18 obviously not the complete article yet but at the age of 18 we can't expect that.

In an ideal world Dortmund could have him for another season or two but can't happen due to what you said.

32. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts, if you don't get him this summer will cost way too much in future and will probably attract more interest as well.

He's only 18 obviously not the complete article yet but at the age of 18 we can't expect that.

In an ideal world Dortmund could have him for another season or two but can't happen due to what you said.
    Be good to have a good exciting English young core. Rashford, Lingard, Greenwood, Gomes, Garner, Laird, Tuanzebe, Williams, Shaw, Henderson and Sancho

33. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Be good to have a good exciting English young core. Rashford, Lingard, Greenwood, Gomes, Garner, Laird, Tuanzebe, Williams, Shaw, Henderson and Sancho
    Lingard is 27 this year, but agree!

34. Quote Originally Posted by RedUnited View Post
    Lingard is 27 this year, but agree!
    Yes Grandpa Lingard

35. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Looks like it will only be Pogba available for the next round of international matches after Belgium confirmed that Lukaku will miss the next game for sure. International break came at a good time for us for a change. And will have a lot of rested players and a almost 100% available squad after Valencia completed 90 mins.

Also Neil Custis who is usually pretty good with Utd news and Bild saying we’ve already had meeting about Sancho transfer.
    Neil custis is a terrible all round journalist.

People really need to stop believing all this guff
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

36. Modern Day Legend
    Anyone giving the man or the despicable excuse for a newspaper that employs him the time of day I’ll never understand.

37. If it’s news I wanna believe it’s reliable

38. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Anyone giving the man or the despicable excuse for a newspaper that employs him the time of day I’ll never understand.
    This is something we'll always agree on.

I do think United's interest in Sancho is both genuine and concrete, but its a long way from happening at the minute
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

39. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post

Who's to say United can't buy now and loan back for a season that way both United and the player benefit. United from getting a top prospect without paying over the odds next season and Sancho from getting more 1st team experience. Isn't that effectively what Liverpool did with Keita?

40. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Who's to say United can't buy now and loan back for a season that way both United and the player benefit. United from getting a top prospect without paying over the odds next season and Sancho from getting more 1st team experience. Isn't that effectively what Liverpool did with Keita?
    If we sign Sancho he ain’t gonna be sat on the bench mate. He’s gonna go straight into the first team.
    brunoh likes this.

41. Get in there. The women have gone back to top of the league. After a 1-2 win away at Charlton goals from Zelem and Sigsworth. Big big win that especially with Spurs losing today. Means we go top with game in hand now.

42. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    We have no RW atm so he gets in straight away. My only issue is how much we expect of him considering our lack of other options.

43. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Get the jump on Citys clause as well, the sooner the better.

44. GARY WALKER: #MUFC's head of strength and conditioning @GJWalker81 has left Utd after 11 years as he looks to move onto his next adventure.

Good luck & thanks for all the work you've done Gary

45. Herrera response to speculation:

'It is logical when you have three months of contract and there are stop game selections,' he told El Periodico.

'I already knew something was going to come out. I take it as normal, I focus on playing football in the month and a half that remains.

'The rest is left to my agent, both the possible renewal with United and if not somewhere else.'

'I enjoy being at the biggest club in England, the fans love me, they have treated me phenomenally and my duty is to listen to them, although I honestly do not know what is going to happen.

'What I see myself is trying to win at Watford next week. If things deserve it and if you are an honest and hardworking person, they arrive.'

46. What are we playing at honestly with these bloody contracts ffs? How can Herrera still not know with only a few months left.

Ducker posted a few hours ago an article saying Sanchez's wages have messed up our wage structure and now players are demanding inflated salaries.

I'm starting to believe it... this bloody Director of Football better come soon before it too late.

47. Chill Zz man

48. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Chill Zz man
    Sorry it just annoys me mate! Who should be our alternative if for whatever reason we can't get Sancho this summer?

49. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Sorry it just annoys me mate! Who should be our alternative if for whatever reason we can't get Sancho this summer?
    Yeah I understand lol little frustrating. Lozano seems to be the most linked name. Was linked by De Telegraph the other day. Maybe Joao Felix but he’s more a AM. Really like Chiesa from Fiorentina. Will be interesting Summer for sure.

50. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yeah I understand lol little frustrating. Lozano seems to be the most linked name. Was linked by De Telegraph the other day. Maybe Joao Felix but he’s more a AM. Really like Chiesa from Fiorentina. Will be interesting Summer for sure.
    As long as it isn't like last summer, I'm okay with it. We really need to strengthen across multiple areas, while renewing players. Getting DDG and Herrera on new contracts is a priority, Mata, not so much. And gah. Sanchez's wages have screwed the entire structure. Should never have paid that much in wages to him. I mean, City balked at it.
    zzeezzy likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO