Like Tree38726Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    That shit always get thrown out by fans when a player is linked away. How about it was just a bad performance and Herrera has been injured. What exactly did Pep achieve before he was Barcelona manager and then made his name there. Yes I do believe Ole can win us the title against those 2. Since he’s been here he has more points than both and would have us sat top of the league.

    Hes got got everything to make himself a top manager imo. He’s a massive student of the game with years as a top flight player and almost 10yrs in coaching and managing. If he’s backed rightly and given the time to change us on how he thinks we should be playing then I have no doubt in my mind we will be challenging in a yr or 2 tops. Not to mention the small fact of the team he has around him Phelan especially.
    I hope your right mate, to be honest our midfield has been poor last few games, definitely needs improvement in the summer. Doucoure be a decent signing, he ran that game today.

    On to Wolves though and hopefully a bit more of a convincing performance.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    I hope your right mate, to be honest our midfield has been poor last few games, definitely needs improvement in the summer. Doucoure be a decent signing, he ran that game today.

    On to Wolves though and hopefully a bit more of a convincing performance.
    Yeah I like Doucoure tbh. Would be a good squad signing. But don’t think we necessarily need him until some leave. Watched Bruno Fernandes for Sporting today. Wow what a baller this lad looks! Grabbing another fantastic goal in the process.

    The CM has definitely looked disjointed but I guess that’s to be expected with it changing the last 3/4 weeks regular. Yep onto Wolves who were an absolute shambles today. And the manager had already said they will rest players. Looks like all there focus since knocking us out has gone on the cup. Understandable as they have a real shot.
    zzeezzy likes this.

  3. Zidane openly tapping up a player in a press conference, this is Madrid for you. After Pogba's performance yesterday this will now hype up until he gets back to playing somewhat near his level.

    I know on his day he's our best player, but if we're going to have to put up with this from now on then just let him go honestly. He really doesn't help himself in a United shirt sometimes for me.

    All our midfield was crap to be fair but Pogba and Herrera haven't played well for last few games. I'd really like to see Fred and Lukaku back for Wolves.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Zidane openly tapping up a player in a press conference, this is Madrid for you. After Pogba's performance yesterday this will now hype up until he gets back to playing somewhat near his level.

    I know on his day he's our best player, but if we're going to have to put up with this from now on then just let him go honestly. He really doesn't help himself in a United shirt sometimes for me.

    All our midfield was crap to be fair but Pogba and Herrera haven't played well for last few games. I'd really like to see Fred and Lukaku back for Wolves.
    Cant Blame Herrera for being sluggish he’s clearly not fit yet after missing 4/5 games. Still worked his socks off yesterday and was gassed badly when subbed.

    Pogba wont be going anywhere no need to worry about that. Neither should he be. Madrid won’t pay and I bet my house if he gets offered a bumper deal he will take it in a heartbeat! Really need to start ignoring all this Madrid bolllocks reported by Marca we get it every year regarding one of our players. Trying to play billy big bollocks. No coincidence all this started before Pogba comments even. There having a shit season and got embarrassed by Ajax. Deflection at its best.


  5. ?

    It's a big one for #MUWomen on Sunday — we're away to Tottenham in the #FAWC at 14:00 BST!





    It's tight at the top of the Championship but a win on Sunday will leave us as strong favourites for the top spot. Top two get promoted.

    1 Manchester United Women Played/15 GD/65 Pts/40
    2 Tottenham Ladies 16 18 39
    3 Durham Women 15 22 32
    4 Charlton Athletic Women 16 21 32


    #MUWomen team to play Tottenham Hotspur Ladies (kick-off 14:00 BST): Chamberlain; Smith, M. Turner, A. Turner, Greenwood (c); Zelem, Green, Toone; Sigsworth, Devlin, Galton.


    Substitutes: Ramsey, Harris, Palmer, James, Arnot, Hanson
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 31/03/2019 at 01:13 PM.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Cant Blame Herrera for being sluggish he’s clearly not fit yet after missing 4/5 games. Still worked his socks off yesterday and was gassed badly when subbed.

    Pogba wont be going anywhere no need to worry about that. Neither should he be. Madrid won’t pay and I bet my house if he gets offered a bumper deal he will take it in a heartbeat! Really need to start ignoring all this Madrid bolllocks reported by Marca we get it every year regarding one of our players. Trying to play billy big bollocks. No coincidence all this started before Pogba comments even. There having a shit season and got embarrassed by Ajax. Deflection at its best.
    Be a very interesting and crucial summer for us!

  7. Utd 0-2 atm after 15 mins what a start Zelem with both.

    https://twitter.com/48hours8/status/...543615493?s=21

    https://twitter.com/48hours8/status/...907479552?s=21

    1-2. Spurs pull one back. Just a hopeful freekick pumped in an Chamberlain completely misjudges the ball and fly over her into an open net. Bad few weeks for her with a string of howlers.

    1-3 Utd straight from the start of the second half. Galton gets the ball down the left. Dribbles past a couple players puts in a good cross from the bye line and Mollie Green with a good composed side foot finish.

    Mollie Green off for Lauren James after 55 mins. Not what Spurs wanted to see

    63 mins gone Charlie Devlin off Lizzie Arnot on.

    Finished 5-1 to Utd. Last 2 gls were headers by Sigsworth and Galton. That’s promotion and the league wrapped up. May as well give them the trophy now. No one is catching them especially with a game in hand. Fantastic achievement by the ladies. Looking forward to seeing them in the Prem next season. Hope they finish strong and with a lot more gls to boot
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 31/03/2019 at 05:08 PM.

  8. Thanks Spurs you bottle jobs

  9. 4th on goal difference, this Wolves game is massive for us. Tbf every game like a final now, every point lost could be a valuable one.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Thanks Spurs you bottle jobs
    Just beat City at Old Trafford lol.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Just beat City at Old Trafford lol.
    Hope so. I don’t care who wins the league. It won’t be us so meh. Just want us to have CL next season!

    Think 3/4 will be Utd and Arsenal not sure which order. Spurs are a shambles of late and squad is far to thin. Tbh there form is manager sacking for 1 point in 15 i think.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Hope so. I don’t care who wins the league. It won’t be us so meh. Just want us to have CL next season!

    Think 3/4 will be Utd and Arsenal not sure which order. Spurs are a shambles of late and squad is far to thin. Tbh there form is manager sacking for 1 point in 15 i think.
    I'm worried for Spurs got some tough fixtures coming up what with the City league games and two CL legs. I just want yous lot to be not too far comfortable in the CL spots so when you play City you definitely need the points.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    I'm worried for Spurs got some tough fixtures coming up what with the City league games and two CL legs. I just want yous lot to be not too far comfortable in the CL spots so when you play City you definitely need the points.
    Spurs fans gotta be worried tbh. It’s a reacurring theme every season when the going gets tough. Coupled with the fact how thin there squad is. New stadium and Levy being a penny pincher. Losing Alderweireld this Summer no sign of Eriksen signing a new contract with Madrid sniffing. Then us getting our shit together and will be spending big and coming off a settled pre season and having a really strong finish to this. Spurs could really be in shit next season.
    dilakh2 likes this.

  14. Watching Madrid what a mess of a club!

    Watched the City game earlier. Baring one mistake TFM had a good game. Happy he’s getting game time under Parker.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Watching Madrid what a mess of a club!

    Watched the City game earlier. Baring one mistake TFM had a good game. Happy he’s getting game time under Parker.
    Hasn't he been terrible at both loan clubs or am I getting it wrong?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Hasn't he been terrible at both loan clubs or am I getting it wrong?
    Not really. Started off well a Palace when he first joined having some really good games against Chelsea and City with Sane saying in an interview later that he was the toughest opponent he’s come up against in the Prem. Got injured then never got back in the team after they changed manager.

    Been worse at Fulham but with the odd good performance here and there. Again not helped by various management changes. Not sure what will happen. Will most likely get a season under Ole as he rated him highly when coaching at the academy.
    dilakh2 likes this.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Watching Madrid what a mess of a club!

    Watched the City game earlier. Baring one mistake TFM had a good game. Happy he’s getting game time under Parker.
    He was shite all first half. constantly gave the ball away. was fine 2nd half though.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    He was shite all first half. constantly gave the ball away. was fine 2nd half though.
    Bit harsh he saved a certain goal early on with his clearence that the keeper wouldn’t of got to. But agree was better in the second half. Though Parker was brave how he wanted them to play. Like he said if he had tried to shut up shop it would of been the same result.

  19. OGS on @paulpogba: "Paul is a very nice + polite man who answered a general q on Zidane. Paul's happy here, he's gonna be a big part for us. We want to build our team around him and that hasn't changed at all. He has not asked to leave, and doesn’t want to leave."
    Munroe likes this.

  20. OGS says Pogba likely to play in deeper role tomorrow, anyone bit confused by that? We're playing Wolves, the team who parks the bus in their own half after all relying on counter. (No disrespect to them, it works usually).

  21. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    OGS says Pogba likely to play in deeper role tomorrow, anyone bit confused by that? We're playing Wolves, the team who parks the bus in their own half after all relying on counter. (No disrespect to them, it works usually).
    Most likely a change of tactics. Get an extra attacking player on. Get Pogba more involved pulling the strings from deep like he does for France a lot. Might be a good tactic tbh. Get him involved more after a couple of quite performances. I like it.

  22. By deeper he probably means not as a second striker, where he’s basically played since OGS came in. Have no issue with that, we do struggle with ball progression in the second phase at times, and he’s the best we have at that (either via his passing or going on a mazy run). Hence why we need to sign another CM like say Neves or Ndombele who can get on it and help it progress up the pitch. Matic and Herrera, we good as they are, isn’t what they’re about.

  23. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    OGS says Pogba likely to play in deeper role tomorrow, anyone bit confused by that? We're playing Wolves, the team who parks the bus in their own half after all relying on counter. (No disrespect to them, it works usually).
    Not really. It will depend on how he wants to attack. Lots of possession means he wants someone dictating all those passes. Pogba is the best passer, and controller in the side

  24. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    By deeper he probably means not as a second striker, where he’s basically played since OGS came in. Have no issue with that, we do struggle with ball progression in the second phase at times, and he’s the best we have at that (either via his passing or going on a mazy run). Hence why we need to sign another CM like say Neves or Ndombele who can get on it and help it progress up the pitch. Matic and Herrera, we good as they are, isn’t what they’re about.
    This is our real midfield issue. We need another midfield passer to take the pressure off Pogba.

  25. If Carrick’s ticker is alright these days I’m sound with him togging out tbh.

  26. So Herrera agrees to join PSG. Like I said, contract should’ve been tied up ages ago. Need a top quality CM addition now.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    So Herrera agrees to join PSG. Like I said, contract should’ve been tied up ages ago. Need a top quality CM addition now.
    Never in a million years worth 200k wages a week though, we can't afford to have players like him on that amount as we already have others on higher than they should be.

    Nearly 30 now tbh and not that great on the ball, yes I'm clutching here but is it a loss we can't recover? Not really looking at the options on the market likely this summer. Barella might be one to replace him with or in a dream world N'Dembele, but he seems more of an upgrade on Metic.

    Surprised he is going to PSG though, that's his career over practically because he'll be forgotten there mostly.

  28. Something tells me he wouldn’t have requested 200k per week if we didn’t leave it this long and allowed PSG to come sniff for leverage.

    But I do agree, he can definitely be replaced with an Ndombele or a Neves or whatever.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Something tells me he wouldn’t have requested 200k per week if we didn’t leave it this long and allowed PSG to come sniff for leverage.

    But I do agree, he can definitely be replaced with an Ndombele or a Neves or whatever.
    Maybe I'm naive in thinking that the club has offered him a contract before now and he has just rejected them for more money.

    Good player in his day, but people really need to get behind Fred because last few games he played looked better than Herrera. Not been seen since though, so dunno if it was a flash in the pan or him starting to adapt to football here.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    So Herrera agrees to join PSG. Like I said, contract should’ve been tied up ages ago. Need a top quality CM addition now.
    Where is it reported about Herrera to PSG?

  31. Ole on having four goalscorers in double figures: "It's a good thing to have — to have more sources of goals, because that gives the opposition a different challenge, they know goals could come from different angles." #MUFC


    Ole: “Football has changed and the structure at football clubs has changed, me and Ed and Joel for that matter are looking to how can this club be ran as smoothly and as well as possible so we’ll see what the club will end up with.” #mufc [MEN]


    OGS also expecting future of @Mike_Phelan_1 to be sorted 'very soon'. I think he will be staying somehow.


    Solskjaer confirms Anthony Martial is fit to face Wolves. #mufc


    OGS confirms Martial "will be fine" for Tuesdays' trip to Molineux. Lindelof is also ready after rejoining the squad. Darmian, Bailly, Valencia and Sanchez remain out. "But it's a good strong squad." Barring a setback in training on Monday Lukaku will "definitely" be ready. #MUFC

  32. Herrera news aint only bad one. Looks like De Gea is sick and tired of United refusing to pay him 300k per week. In the same time his GF tweeted that she really likes Paris. Welp.

  33. People need to wait for something concrete to come out. Only thing I can find is Egg head Castles. Who Mike has clearly pointed out to me talks out of his arse most of the time. At first I did not agree but after looking back at his articles and listened to his podcasts. Mike is absolutely right.

    Despite Ole clearly saying today Pogba is happy and doesn’t want to leave. Castles in his podcast is saying we will sell him this Summer to Madrid. Then says we will let DDG leave on a free.

  34. Herrera might not be worth 200k (Duncan Castle, ugh), but by god, why the bloody hell are we not paying de Gea whatever he asks for? And considering fees, he is not asking for something astronomical, definitely not the for the best goalie in the world right now? What the bloody hell is Woodward playing at? Over compensating his Sanchez mistake elsewhere? Jeez. Sooner we have him away from players, the better it is for everyone in the club.

  35. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Bearing in mind its April 1st, has anyone actually seen anything confirmed by either club yet?

    Pogba is on 300k, the idea that DDG wouldn't get paid that doesn't stack up

  36. 15:31KEY EVENT
    Update on Ander Herrera PSG speculation
    Regarding the Herrera-to-PSG reports, one of Herrera’s confidants is not convinced, emphatically denied it.

    The source said: “We are entering into rumour wind tunnel.”

    Herrera has entered the last three months of his United contract.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Bearing in mind its April 1st, has anyone actually seen anything confirmed by either club yet?

    Pogba is on 300k, the idea that DDG wouldn't get paid that doesn't stack up
    Dont think these are subjects for aprill fool joke, specially sources talking about players personal life. We already see too many harassment and life threats in todays game.

  38. Bouhafsi from France on RMC saying he’s heard nothing about a deal being done for Herrera. Just that there’s interest.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Herrera news aint only bad one. Looks like De Gea is sick and tired of United refusing to pay him 300k per week. In the same time his GF tweeted that she really likes Paris. Welp.
    Tbf apparently United have offered world best wages for a GK to De Gea but his agent (who is a class A dickhead who does no other business with United for whatever reason), wants salary that Sanchez receives.

    Which truth be told may be fine for De Gea, but we can't have players holding us to ransom now demanding wages that Sanchez is on. We royally fucked up with Sanchez, until he is off the books any other player can't realistically break that again. Our wage structure is a mess truth be told but I back the club on this.

    Until Sanchez goes we can't just allow our top earners to dictate the same wages now.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  40. Manchester United refusing to bow to Ander Herrera wage demands despite PSG interest | @TelegraphDucker


    "Herrera, 29, is understood to be demanding in excess of £200,000 a week, amid interest from PSG, and United are unwilling to be held to ransom. Talks ongoing with the club."

  41. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Tbf apparently United have offered world best wages for a GK to De Gea but his agent (who is a class A dickhead who does no other business with United for whatever reason), wants salary that Sanchez receives.

    Which truth be told may be fine for De Gea, but we can't have players holding us to ransom now demanding wages that Sanchez is on. We royally fucked up with Sanchez, until he is off the books any other player can't realistically break that again. Our wage structure is a mess truth be told but I back the club on this.

    Until Sanchez goes we can't just allow our top earners to dictate the same wages now.
    Dunno, that was Aprils fool joke.

  42. Ole confirmed that Carrick, McKenna and Phelan are all about to sign new deals. Pogba is happy and not leaving. And the club are close on a DOf/DOR and he been given a huge say on all decisions.

    Also said they are looking to strengthen all areas of the squad.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 02/04/2019 at 05:18 AM.

  43. Club officials will expect the technical director to focus on strengthening options for the first team squad and providing support for the management team.

    In addition to this, the successful candidate will also be tasked with shaping a long-term recruitment strategy of integrating the club's academy.

    Article from James Cooper Sky sports

    Leading candidates are Murtaugh, Phelan, Butt, Bout.

  44. Positive but still would prefer someone like Paul Mitchell, think his record mostly speaks for itself and has a good knowledge of the role. No way Phelan should be doing it if he's part of the coaching setup, or else the role is fundamentally flawed.

  45. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Positive but still would prefer someone like Paul Mitchell, think his record mostly speaks for itself and has a good knowledge of the role. No way Phelan should be doing it if he's part of the coaching setup, or else the role is fundamentally flawed.
    Paul Mitchell doesn’t want the job apparently. Murtaugh and Bout would be very good candidates and have huge experience. Even more than Mitchell when he started.

  46. SSN and BBC reporting we are looking at partnering with clubs around the world to further aid the development of our youth players. Molde being reported as one.



    https://www.skysports.com/football/...rector-to-work-alongside-ole-gunnar-solskjaer


    Another good move by the club!
    zzeezzy likes this.

  47. Tbh this summer could be absolutely massive rebuild for us, if we lose some players like Herrera and De Gea especially. Apparently the latter wants £480k per week wages which is absolutely ridiculous and we shouldn't be doing that even for him. I believe De Gea only has 1 year left on contract this summer (no option of year extension?).... so we could be forced to sell him.

    Next month basically decides whether we're rebuilding in CL next season or Emmerdale Cup. Starting tonight with a must win really against Wolves given we will probably drop points down the line against City/Chelsea etc.

  48. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Tbh this summer could be absolutely massive rebuild for us, if we lose some players like Herrera and De Gea especially. Apparently the latter wants £480k per week wages which is absolutely ridiculous and we shouldn't be doing that even for him. I believe De Gea only has 1 year left on contract this summer (no option of year extension?).... so we could be forced to sell him.

    Next month basically decides whether we're rebuilding in CL next season or Emmerdale Cup. Starting tonight with a must win really against Wolves given we will probably drop points down the line against City/Chelsea etc.
    Do you know what. For once in a long time I actually have confidence that the club is getting its shit together. Can see some announcements very soon between Wolves and Barca match.

  49. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Do you know what. For once in a long time I actually have confidence that the club is getting its shit together. Can see some announcements very soon between Wolves and Barca match.
    Here's hoping mate, enough works to do in terms of transfers without losing some key players. Herrera wouldn't be end of the world but De Gea would be nigh impossible to get someone of equal quality.

  50. Linked with Partey of Atletico, which could well be more shite as we enter rumour season, but that’s someone I’d love. Very good defensively and better in possession than Herrera. Would definitely take some build up burden off Pogba too.

    Was a big miss for the 2nd leg in Turin.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO