Like Tree39111Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Thanks Everton

2. This top 4 race seems like it has a long way to go, really gutted we lost to. Wolves feels like an opportunity missed.

3. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    This top 4 race seems like it has a long way to go, really gutted we lost to. Wolves feels like an opportunity missed.
    Still feel if we beat WHU and Chelsea at home it’s ours to lose. Arsenal away form will likely give us it. Must beat Chelsea key match for me!
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 07/04/2019 at 04:13 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Still feel if we beat Everton and Chelsea at home it’s ours to lose. Arsenal away form will likely give us it. Must beat Chelsea key match for me!
    Not to mention West Ham next week! Every game feels important now tbf.

5. The rest of April is looking like this:

Chelsea vs West Ham tomorrow

Next weekend:
    United vs West Ham
    Liverpool vs Chelsea
    Watford vs Arsenal

Then:
    Everton vs United
    Arsenal vs Palace
    Chelsea vs Burnley

Then:
    United vs City
    Wolves vs Arsenal

Then:
    United vs Chelsea
    Leicester vs Arsenal

May:
    Arsenal v Brighton
    Chelsea v Watford
    Huddersfield v United

United v Cardiff
    Burnley v Arsenal
    Leicester v Chelsea
    zzeezzy likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    The rest of April is looking like this:

Chelsea vs West Ham tomorrow

Next weekend:
    United vs West Ham
    Liverpool vs Chelsea
    Watford vs Arsenal

Then:
    Everton vs United
    Arsenal vs Palace
    Chelsea vs Burnley

Then:
    United vs City
    Wolves vs Arsenal

Then:
    United vs Chelsea
    Leicester vs Arsenal

May:
    Arsenal v Brighton
    Chelsea v Watford
    Huddersfield v United

United v Cardiff
    Burnley v Arsenal
    Leicester v Chelsea
    I think we'll end up outside top 4 sadly.. but hopefully we'll make it!

7. Quote Originally Posted by RedUnited View Post
    I think we'll end up outside top 4 sadly.. but hopefully we'll make it!
    We will put ourselves in a great position next week if we win. Especially with Pool likely to spank Chelsea at Home and Arsenal away to Watford. Think we will just edge it.

8. What about Spurs they are still very much involved the Champions League fight after all 3rd isn't yet confirmed for them.

9. Yeah it's 4 teams fighting for 2 spots, someone's gonna end up disappointed.

10. Honestly see Arsenal getting 4th, hope I’m wrong

11. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Honestly see Arsenal getting 4th, hope I’m wrong
    Im 99% sure you will be

12. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Ed Woodward has been so impressed with Solskjær’s proposed strategy during a series of talks since January that he is prepared to let him spend #mufc's biggest amount in a window ever. Club are expected to spend in well in excess of £200m #mulive [evening standard]
    Are you just lifting these straight from Twitter?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Are you just lifting these straight from Twitter?
    This was from Reddit I think. Sorry I thought I posted in the transfer thread. Will delete it now!

14. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Honestly see Arsenal getting 4th, hope I’m wrong
    Wouldn’t like to call it but it’s in Arsenals own hands.

Can’t ask for anything more than that at this stage.

15. Agent Little Pea Been in Lozano ear

16. I don't know how to feel about tomorrow, excited or terrified? Looks like due to who is training today McTominay will be used over Metic and Rashford still doing individual training so god knows what will happen with him.

17. Herrera will miss #mufc's game vs Barcelona, and potentially the return leg too. He injured his quadricep during Sunday training #mulive [md]

Absolutely buzzing for tomorrow night!

18. "It’s true that I only have two months on my contract left, and today, Manchester (United) and I aren’t thinking the same and there is no renewal agreement, but my duty is to keep listening to United" Herrera #MUFC

19. Think Herrera is as good as gone, not buying the injury either because if he picked it up on Sunday why didn't he feature at all last week against Wolves?

Does make our task a bit more difficult but honestly I think despite the error last week Fred has been as good as anyone in our midfield when he has played lately.

20. If he’s injured he’s injured there does not have to be some conspiracy or anything. If he was fit Ole would pick him end of. Are some fans seriously that stupid to think we are in a position not to play key player with our squad atm at a key part of the season. He’s injured ffs!

21. In Fred we trust

22. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    If he’s injured he’s injured there does not have to be some conspiracy or anything. If he was fit Ole would pick him end of. Are some fans seriously that stupid to think we are in a position not to play key player with our squad atm at a key part of the season. He’s injured ffs!
    Shit happens mate behind the scenes all the time we don't know about. Not saying it has necessarily as I wouldn't associate it with someone like Herrera. But truth be told you never know, just seems all too coincidental to me. All this talk of him leaving and then he doesn't play last week, now suddenly he has injury and won't play for a few weeks more. Before you know it end of season!
    Tyton likes this.

23. If he was key player you'd be doing more to keep him tbf.

24. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Shit happens mate behind the scenes all the time we don't know about. Not saying it has necessarily as I wouldn't associate it with someone like Herrera. But truth be told you never know, just seems all too coincidental to me. All this talk of him leaving and then he doesn't play last week, now suddenly he has injury and won't play for a few weeks more. Before you know it end of season!
    We know what’s going on Herrera has told us himself as has anyone near reliable. He wants to stay but wants paying. Ole wants him to stay. The club wants him to stay but not pay him as one of our top earners. He’s had a few niggles lately missed a few matches. Came back in the win against Watford and looked shot after being subbed and know he’s injured again. Nothing more nothing less really.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    If he was key player you'd be doing more to keep him tbf.
    Thats the problem he won’t be. But is atm as our alternatives are not at the required standard to be Utd starters on a regular basis.

26. Word rashford demanding 300k now. The clubs fucked, Sanchez pretty much single handedly fucked the entire wage structure. Worst signing in the clubs history?
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Word rashford demanding 300k now. The clubs fucked, Sanchez pretty much single handedly fucked the entire wage structure. Worst signing in the clubs history?
    That better be BS because that's just one player I'd never expect to demand so much when he clearly isn't worth near that. That would be more than Pogba.

28. Sanchez was top 3 in the league when we signed him. Rashford was never in the top 10.

29. Was he though? The writing on the wall was there. Was hot & cold for Arsenal for a solid year or so, with some moments of brilliance. Most arsenal fans will tell you that too. 16-17 Sanchez was top 3. Also, we didn’t even need a LW, Martial was playing his best football since the LvG season that Decembe/January before Alexis came in and disrupted it..
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

30. Rashford is not demanding 300k ffs.

31. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    FYI, twitter isn't the word. I mean come on people, use some freaking sense.

32. With all due respect, you nonsensed me sharing that Herrera was leaving too, and that looks all but done. Whilst it could be complete and utter garbage, it’s also not the most unbelievable thing you’ll read given the current state of affairs. People are sheep. One, two, three people do it, it’s easy to join in.

Don't see the difference between sharing positive nonsensical twitter rumours & negative ones.

I’ll make sure my next post is a treble Barcelona swoop for Messi, Pique & Dembélé.
    Last edited by RhQQ; 09/04/2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Tyton likes this.

33. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    With all due respect, you nonsensed me sharing that Herrera was leaving too, and that looks all but done. Whilst it could be complete and utter garbage, it’s also not the most unbelievable thing you’ll read given the current state of affairs. People are sheep. One, two, three people do it, it’s easy to join in.

Don't see the difference between sharing positive nonsensical twitter rumours & negative ones.
    Nothings done though that’s the thing. Next the Mirror will say that Greenwood wants 650k a week and fans will start flipping out at that to.

34. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    With all due respect, you nonsensed me sharing that Herrera was leaving too, and that looks all but done. Whilst it could be complete and utter garbage, it’s also not the most unbelievable thing you’ll read given the current state of affairs. People are sheep. One, two, three people do it, it’s easy to join in.

I’ll make sure my next post is a treble Barcelona swoop for Messi, Pique & Dembélé.
    I won’t believe it unless it a quadruple swoop with Suarez included and Barca are paying all there wages till the end of there contracts.

35. wow are some having there time of the month at the same time
    Tyton likes this.

36. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post

He hasn't left. He's still waiting on United. So no, it's not all but done.

Nonsense is nonsense, whether it's positive or negative.

Thought you'd be better than that, frankly.

Do people bother to try an verify information anymore?
    Last edited by Mike.; 10/04/2019 at 12:43 AM.
    Tyton likes this.

37. Who has time to verify sports news when I have to wonder about vaccines, earth being flat and gluten.
    steveorobbo likes this.

38. Juan Mata's father | "Manchester [United] have offered to renew [Juan’s contract]. We are very happy, but there are proposals from Champions League clubs from Spain. Now is not the time to decide.”

39. Mata is pants now really hope he goes tbh, like one good game all season. He was a good player but he can't keep up with the game anymore, especially if you play him on one side or the other rather than no.10. Nice guy but wrong for Ole's high intensity way of playing.

But anyway, I've got a bad feeling about tonight I can't lie. I hope I'm wrong but got a feeling we're going to get roasted. Dembele (if he starts) against Young is a complete mismatch lol.

40. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Mata is pants now really hope he goes tbh, like one good game all season. He was a good player but he can't keep up with the game anymore, especially if you play him on one side or the other rather than no.10. Nice guy but wrong for Ole's high intensity way of playing.

But anyway, I've got a bad feeling about tonight I can't lie. I hope I'm wrong but got a feeling we're going to get roasted. Dembele (if he starts) against Young is a complete mismatch lol.
    The problem with binning off Mata is this:

1) Ole wants to move back to that dominating possession and transition game, which Mata is great at

2) he's on relatively modest wages for his stature

3) we get no money back replacing him

4) getting someone of his calibre will be expensive, especially since we want to reinforce elsewhere

He should be a central squad option only, but even then replacing him along with the 3/4 other signings is easier said than done
    zzeezzy likes this.

41. Tbh, if we sign a RW and a CM, Mata will be a peripheral figure in the squad next season.

42. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    Tbh, if we sign a RW and a CM, Mata will be a peripheral figure in the squad next season.
    But we don't want to be removing depth. That's my point. If he's on a good wage, having Mata as a rotation option will show the strength of our reinforcement hopefully

43. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    But we don't want to be removing depth. That's my point. If he's on a good wage, having Mata as a rotation option will show the strength of our reinforcement hopefully
    I'd agree with you if his contract wasn't expiring. Then would be a simple decision. But Mata, at the age of 30, will be looking to extend the contract for more than a couple of seasons, that without consider possible wage and fee demands (don't know if he's asking for a raise, but still).

And for him, maybe a spanish club who plays in the UCL and can offer more game time is what's best for his career at this point.

I can see your point, but is not an easy decision. If we commit with him now, will be very difficult to sell him later.

44. Told you this injury was all too coincidental TOD with Herrera, now BBC and Guarding are saying he's off as expected. What a shame but not surprising really, will be a miss in terms of what he offers off the pitch especially.

45. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Told you this injury was all too coincidental TOD with Herrera, now BBC and Guarding are saying he's off as expected. What a shame but not surprising really, will be a miss in terms of what he offers off the pitch especially.
    So because he’s agreed a move he can’t be injured. People really that dumb to think Ole wont pick him till the end of the season lol.

Shame he’s off but he ain’t worth 200k a week to be a squad player. Glad the club have seen sense. Now get Sanchez off the books and sort this stuff out. 180k we offered should of been enough easily. Utd through and through my ass! We are clearly gonna sign 2 CMs now in the summer and will likely have an upgraded midfield next season. CL will be key to getting Saul. But happy with the other names linked also.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 10/04/2019 at 06:36 PM.

46. Team news: DDG, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Dalot, Mctominey, Fred, Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku

Subs: Romero, Jones, Mata, Martial, Lingard, Periera, Rojo

47. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    So because he’s agreed a move he can’t be injured. People really that dumb to think Ole wont pick him till the end of the season lol.

Shame he’s off but he ain’t worth 200k a week to be a squad player. Glad the club have seen sense. Now get Sanchez off the books and sort this stuff out. 180k we offered should of been enough easily. Utd through and through my ass! We are clearly gonna sign 2 CMs now in the summer and will likely have an upgraded midfield next season. CL will be key to getting Saul. But happy with the other names linked also.
    Yes as long as those Rashford 300k wages aren't true because that would be almost as bad as Sanchez. But I still think something may have gone ion behind the scenes with Herrera, he wasn't injured last week and didn't play then either.

48. Electric, bold first half from us, but we need to turn that into chances.

49. Poor defending by Shaw for the goal aside I think we have been good.

50. It was so quiet here, i thought everyone are watching those amazing Ajax kids.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO