Like Tree38731Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    We already knew this anyway and so does Ole.
    absolutely but might make ed loosen the purse strings a bit more

2. I hope today can be a turning point in the way the board conducts our football. We're so far from the european elite it's painful.

3. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    I hope today can be a turning point in the way the board conducts our football. We're so far from the european elite it's painful.
    Ever work for a large company?
    If the board are making money and topping up the aul pension, they don't give a rats ass where or how they do it. You can tell them CBA is not working... You are better off doing it like this... ABC!! They will all nod, frown and take it on-board. Then continue to do it CBA (because it's safer that way).
    You will give yourself a heart attack thinking about it.

4. Young and jones should be heading straight out the door this summer, but no of course not we'll keep them and hand them new contracts. Now someone will reply to this saying I'm ranting or how they deserve to stay. Wake up please, they are done at United.

5. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Young and jones should be heading straight out the door this summer, but no of course not we'll keep them and hand them new contracts. Now someone will reply to this saying I'm ranting or how they deserve to stay. Wake up please, they are done at United.
    They should stay but shouldn’t be starters at all. We already have enough of a job in the Summer. Funny you single out Jones tonight apart from Fred was our best player.

6. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Young and jones should be heading straight out the door this summer, but no of course not we'll keep them and hand them new contracts. Now someone will reply to this saying I'm ranting or how they deserve to stay. Wake up please, they are done at United.
    Only thing keeping those 2 at united is the english quota

7. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    They should stay but shouldn’t be starters at all. We already have enough of a job in the Summer. Funny you single out Jones tonight apart from Fred was our best player.
    Best at doing what? Running around and doing nothing constructive to be honest.

Someone made a very good point elsewhere.... since we beat Ajax in EL Final, one team has thrown money trying to get back to the top whilst the other has a philosophy and structure that has taken them back to where they belong. Fair play to Ajax chuffed for them.

But everyone goes how money is ruining football.... Ajax are a glowing example this season how you don't need to have all the money in order to be successful.

I'm staggered how bad we actually are as a club right now, top to bottom a complete mess. This dressing room isn't right still either, we start off well and then crumble as soon as things get a bit difficult.

It will take a monumental rebuild to get us back to where we want to be, but given how we have handed our contracts to deadwood already I'm not confident we're anywhere close. Paul Mitchell needs to come in straight away and sort our footballing structure out.

8. Hey Jose, if Daley Bind wasn't good enough to play centerback at United, how come he's now in CL semis after knocking out Real fucking Madrid and now Juventus?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Hey Jose, if Daley Bind wasn't good enough to play centerback at United, how come he's now in CL semis after knocking out Real fucking Madrid and now Juventus?
    We've played them and scouted them way before anyone was paying attention. And did nothing about it.
    Tyton likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    We've played them and scouted them way before anyone was paying attention. And did nothing about it.
    We bought Blind. Jose was just retarded for selling him!

11. The second we lost Shaw, we were fcked - and he's no
    Roberto Carlos. We need solutions at both FB, and Young isn't one. He is just sheer mediocrity.

Lindelof at RB was dreadful and Smalling wasn't good enough either.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    We bought Blind. Jose was just retarded for selling him!
    Yeah, but i had De Ligt, De Jong and Neres in mind.
    Tyton, Sherkey and Ron90 like this.

13. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    Clubs have been looking at De Ligt and De Jong since they were 15. They didn’t want to sell and neither wanted to leave till now. I’m not sure Neres is gonna be all that tbh.

14. Letting blind go wasn't exactly a mistake. He was a utility player at best.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

15. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Clubs have been looking at De Ligt and De Jong since they were 15. They didn’t want to sell and neither wanted to leave till now. I’m not sure Neres is gonna be all that tbh.
    That's not what i meant, tho. No club was willing to make an offer for them last transfer windows. Langley literally said that we turned both of them down.

As for Neres, he has left two big performances against Real Madrid and Juve and now he'll play the semis. That's more than most of our current players have done in Europe.

16. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Best at doing what? Running around and doing nothing constructive to be honest.

Someone made a very good point elsewhere.... since we beat Ajax in EL Final, one team has thrown money trying to get back to the top whilst the other has a philosophy and structure that has taken them back to where they belong. Fair play to Ajax chuffed for them.

But everyone goes how money is ruining football.... Ajax are a glowing example this season how you don't need to have all the money in order to be successful.

I'm staggered how bad we actually are as a club right now, top to bottom a complete mess. This dressing room isn't right still either, we start off well and then crumble as soon as things get a bit difficult.

It will take a monumental rebuild to get us back to where we want to be, but given how we have handed our contracts to deadwood already I'm not confident we're anywhere close. Paul Mitchell needs to come in straight away and sort our footballing structure out.
    To be fair, this generation of Ajax has been coming for a while. When those players were in the U16 it was known this was an exceptional, once in a decade generation. A shame the most talented player did not make it, Appie Nouri.

What you can give Ajax credit for is investing in time in extra quality in Tadic and Blind and keeping one more season their talents likeiyech and Neres and rejecting a 40m offer and hope for a succesful result like today.

17. De Gea........

Luis Enrique, keep De Gea out of the national team.

Eres un paquete!!!
    Last edited by katalambda; 16/04/2019 at 11:21 PM.

18. Quote Originally Posted by katalambda View Post
    De Gea........

Luis Enrique, keep De Gea out of the national team.

Eres un paquete!!!
    Que?

19. Que es un paquete. No lo quiero en la selección nacional.

He's really bad as a goalkeeper. Don't want him in the national team

20. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    De Ligt is the real deal.. Wish we had him. Can't believe he's only 19
    brunoh likes this.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Ron90 View Post
    De Ligt is the real deal.. Wish we had him. Can't believe he's only 19
    Not sure many of our players would jump in to Ajax starting 11, they've got some high level players them.
    brunoh likes this.

22. Shows how far we have fallen when our best player in both legs is McTominay. That's not a dig at him. But the money we have spent and the players on the pitch and McTominay is the best? Big changes needed

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

23. Quote Originally Posted by lxl Ra lxl View Post
    To be fair, this generation of Ajax has been coming for a while. When those players were in the U16 it was known this was an exceptional, once in a decade generation. A shame the most talented player did not make it, Appie Nouri.

What you can give Ajax credit for is investing in time in extra quality in Tadic and Blind and keeping one more season their talents likeiyech and Neres and rejecting a 40m offer and hope for a succesful result like today.
    Yeah that's a very good point. All the sport journos are losing their mind right now about the amazing Ajax philosophy and superior Ajax ways. But it's the same Ajax that has spent better part of last 20 years sucking absolute ass. They have a decent record of developing young talents, but it's not as if they consistently produce entire teams of world class talent.

Was the same nonsense with La Masia, Barca DNA and all that rubbish. Turns out they just stumbled upon one great generation of Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets, but the next generation is nothing special. They had to go to old Barca ways of buying superstars for massive fees and nobody talks about the great La Masia anymore.
    Sherkey likes this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Yeah that's a very good point. All the sport journos are losing their mind right now about the amazing Ajax philosophy and superior Ajax ways. But it's the same Ajax that has spent better part of last 20 years sucking absolute ass. They have a decent record of developing young talents, but it's not as if they consistently produce entire teams of world class talent.

Was the same nonsense with La Masia, Barca DNA and all that rubbish. Turns out they just stumbled upon one great generation of Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets, but the next generation is nothing special. They had to go to old Barca ways of buying superstars for massive fees and nobody talks about the great La Masia anymore.
    I think you are absolutely correct about La Masia, but i disagree about Ajax. Between their youth academy and cheap signings in this century they had Vertoghen, Alderweireld, Vermaelen, Blind, Maxwell, Nigel De Jong, Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Erikssen, Luis Suárez, Ibra, Davinson Sánchez, De Ligt, De Jong, Justin Kluivert, Chivu, Cillessen, Poulsen. It's way more quality players coming through their ranks than most european clubs can claim.

And in the 80's and 90's they put out legends like Bergkamp, Van Basten, De Boer brothers, Rikjaard, Davids, Kluivert, Van der Sar, Seedorf.

It's hard for them to keep these players all at once because they are not a rich club.
    Bujakaa92 likes this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    That's not what i meant, tho. No club was willing to make an offer for them last transfer windows. Langley literally said that we turned both of them down.

As for Neres, he has left two big performances against Real Madrid and Juve and now he'll play the semis. That's more than most of our current players have done in Europe.
    Loads of Ajax fans on Reddit it other Forums will tell you that teams have been trying to sign him for years. And they have rejected any chance of it. He’s even admitted himself that would of turned down moves, to aid his own career playing first team football at 16 yrs old. Even VDS said Fergie was a huge admirer of him years ago. It’s simply we likely did enquire about him and told no chance by either him or the club.

26. Quote Originally Posted by lxl Ra lxl View Post

Exactly. People just assume Ajax is a selling club at the first time of getting a decent offer. They sell when it’s right for them and the player.

27. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Not going to talk about transfers, we all know what's needed. United's biggest issue, and it's not Ole's fault, thought it's most certainly his problem; is United's physical conditioning. They simply aren't fit enough for a high intensity press. Hence the number if injuries immediately after our great run

28. But where really is the spine or backbone of this team? No leaders and no real desire either. De Gea prime example, just strolling out hugging all his Spanish teammates in Barca team, then makes a clanger in first half which costs us the game. Maybe you can forgive all that, but then start of the second half as they are walking out he's just nonchalantly having a laugh and a joke with Jordi Alba. Show some bloody professionalism and at least do that after the game. Pretend like you care.

This is practically the same defence that got knocked out by Basel back in 2013 or whenever it was. We haven't moved on at all, nor are we going to because we've just given contracts to the same bloody clowns.

29. And what on earth has happened to our attack lately? Creating one or two chances a game if we're lucky and then doing naff all for the rest of the game. Yeah Rashford runs around and puts in the work-rate but how many more times will he miss easy chances that he should bury.

5 defeats in 7 games and you know the most depressing thing, Watford and West Ham was just as bad which we could easily have lost. Season practically over if we don't beat Everton.

30. Zz on top form this morning lol

31. Nicky Butt arrested under suspicion of domestic violence, apparently. Not a good week for you folks.

32. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Nicky Butt arrested under suspicion of domestic violence, apparently. Not a good week for you folks.
    When it rains it pours. Innocent till proven guilty, but if he's done it I want him gone from the club.

33. 4 of the back 5 last night played when we were knocked out of the group stage by Basel 8 years ago.

José done a good job at improving squad quality/binning mediocrity, but there’s still players yet to go.

34. Jose wasn't ruthless enough with selling mediocre players imo. The guy still kept fellaini, Jones, Smalling, young, rojo etc. Now, IDK if that's down to Ed Woodward but if so, the first transfer we need is a DOF.

35. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Tbf....Rojo is gone as is Valencia and Darmian. Young has his Gary Neville vs Stoke moment. So we have to get a right back. The rest will make decent squad player. And then we bring in quality on top.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    When it rains it pours. Innocent till proven guilty, but if he's done it I want him gone from the club.
    Yeah hopefully it's just some misunderstanding. I've read that lady involved (wife I'm guessing?) had a small cut on her hand and that's it, so I'm not sure how much violence could have happened.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Zz on top form this morning lol
    While sometimes, he maybe over the top pessimistic, his concerns here are valid. Our attack has definitely stuttered over the past month or so.

The attack that was creating chances at will during that unbeaten run now struggles to create more than 1 chance a game. That is worrying. I'm not particularly worried that Rashford misses easy chances (this happens with every striker) but I'm more worried that he doesn't get enough chances created for him despite the fact that he's constantly making those runs. His misses are only highlighted because we don't create a lot. Ole has got to take some responsibility for that imo. This side has got enough creativity to score a lot of goals. He may have restricted the side's attacking impetus for more defensive solidarity (I've noticed this since the Southampton game).

zzeezzy and Scouseinthehouse like this.

38. Our problem as Mike pointed out is fitness. Start most games bright spawning great chances then slow right down. We know why this has happened. Different style of play and hampered by huge injuries. Get the fitness and the squad sorted in the summer and worry no more.

39. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    Jose wasn't ruthless enough with selling mediocre players imo. The guy still kept fellaini, Jones, Smalling, young, rojo etc. Now, IDK if that's down to Ed Woodward but if so, the first transfer we need is a DOF.

Think Jose wanted replacements before he let people go.

40. The fault is entirely on Woodward for hiring Jose in a first place, instead of finding someone who can build on LVG's work. If it was Guardiola coming into a team who could already relentlessly press and keep the ball for 90 minutes, he would be winning title in his first season.

41. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    The fault is entirely on Woodward for hiring Jose in a first place, instead of finding someone who can build on LVG's work. If it was Guardiola coming into a team who could already relentlessly press and keep the ball for 90 minutes, he would be winning title in his first season.
    Thats the only thing I blame Ed for and that’s what’s happened with the managers at the club since Fergie. From Fergie to Moyes to LVG to Mourinho. What do people expect us to be like as a squad and expect our style to be.
    Tyton likes this.

42. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    While sometimes, he maybe over the top pessimistic, his concerns here are valid. Our attack has definitely stuttered over the past month or so.

The attack that was creating chances at will during that unbeaten run now struggles to create more than 1 chance a game. That is worrying. I'm not particularly worried that Rashford misses easy chances (this happens with every striker) but I'm more worried that he doesn't get enough chances created for him despite the fact that he's constantly making those runs. His misses are only highlighted because we don't create a lot. Ole has got to take some responsibility for that imo. This side has got enough creativity to score a lot of goals. He may have restricted the side's attacking impetus for more defensive solidarity (I've noticed this since the Southampton game).

Our fitness dropped at this point, as well as a number if injuries. He's had to get more defensive as a result. And as a result attack has suffered. Ultimately, we need to be a much fitter side

43. Utd women’s vs Villa tonight

7 months later we're back facing the team who we started our League season against. We beat them 12-0 then. We've scored a lot of goals since, but that remains our biggest win.

Villa have improved since then and are comfortably mid-table now. They've toughened up at the back as well and drew home and away with Durham. Those are good results because Durham are the only team that have taken points off us this season (they got a win and a draw against us in the League) so Villa aren't quite the pushover that opening day scoreline suggests.

United need two wins from the last four games to guarantee top spot, but a win against Villa guarantees promotion (actually, given our GD, realistically even a draw will do that) - so it could be that Villa will give us another memorable result, one way or another.

44. #MUWomen team to play Aston Villa (kick-off 19:00 BST): Chamberlain, Galton, A. Turner, M. Turner, Smith, Harris, Greenwood (c), Green, Arnot, Sigsworth, Toone.

Substitutes: Ramsey, Palmer, Devlin, Hanson.

Get in 1-0 Utd. Greenwood drills in a corner and is met by Mille Turner with a bullet header past the keeper. 5 mins gone.

17 gone. Since the goal Sigsworth has Been carded after handbags with the Villa keeper. And we have had 4/5 really good chances to make it 2-0.

Great crowd!

Greenwood makes it 2-0 from the spot after Lizzie Arnot gets brought down by thecon rushing keeper.

3-0 after 35 mins. Great ball through from Green in CM to Sigsworth who turns the CB well with her strength. Then slots home nicely one on one with the keeper.

3-0 HT really good half. Dominated and created loads. Villa had a few decent moments on the break but failed to really create.

Great opening 5 mins of the second half. Great play by Arnott on the right who crosses the ball for Ella Toone who hits it on the half volley to make it 4-0. Then mins later a clearence from Turner is chased down by Sigsworth who tries to lob the on rushing keeper. Who clearly handballs it outside the box to stop a goal and is shown a straight red.

60 mins gone Utds first sub Galton off for birthday girl 21yr old Kirsty Hanson. Phil Neville sat with Woodward and a load of the academy players and coaches.

Mollie Green off for Amy Palmer. Oh yeah Villa have a CB in goal as they had no GK on the bench due to injuries.

74 mins gone. 5-0 Charlie Devlin who just came on for Sigsworth receives the ball in the box. Sits down 2 defenders with some great skill then places it past the keeper.

FT 5-0 great performance. Promotion secure with 3 games left. 1 more win will see us champions. + 80 gd in 17 matches lol.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 17/04/2019 at 08:58 PM.

45. I just want Poch This guy’s guiding his team, on those resources/net spend, to the verge of a CL final, with bloody Llorente featuring up top.

I love Ole, but you’d be lying to yourself if you wouldn’t swap them.

46. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    I just want Poch This guy’s guiding his team, on those resources/net spend, to the verge of a CL final, with bloody Llorente featuring up top.

I love Ole, but you’d be lying to yourself if you wouldn’t swap them.
    Honestly mate, Pochetino with a big budget behind him at Utd we'd have been seriously worried.

Solksjaer with a big budget behind him, you don't even factor into our thoughts as a challenger the next two or three years. Just the way your major rivals are viewing you FWIW. Pretty much the same way as you did ourselves for much of the PL era when we were making the same mistakes Utd now continue to make. And if Woodward appoints a 'yes man' from within as DoF that says it all about his power over the Glaziers.

One of the biggest mistakes Utd have made of the many in recent years IMHO. We made the same with Kenny. zz gets a ridiculous amount of stick in these here pages but he's bang on with his fears now the initial manager bounce has passed.

*Edit* How was Barca BTW? The match aside. If there's one place to be to forget the football it's a brilliant City like Barcelona. Can't fail to not have a great trip there.
    Last edited by Scouseinthehouse; 18/04/2019 at 12:36 AM.
    mayankv, RhQQ and Bujakaa92 like this.

47. ^DM.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

48. We are going to regret not going all out for Poch. This summer is/was the best opportunity to snag him from spurs and we chose a sentimental appointment instead that may not work out.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

49. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    We are going to regret not going all out for Poch. This summer is/was the best opportunity to snag him from spurs and we chose a sentimental appointment instead that may not work out.
    Um, you do realize we would have tried, right? Even till the end, Poch was one of the people we were rumoured to have been looking at. It's also possible that he wouldn't have been interested (with Spurs' new stadium) or wanting to move to RM/PSG (rumours - although RM is gone now).

50. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Um, you do realize we would have tried, right? Even till the end, Poch was one of the people we were rumoured to have been looking at. It's also possible that he wouldn't have been interested (with Spurs' new stadium) or wanting to move to RM/PSG (rumours - although RM is gone now).
    Exactly. It’s been well reported he was a top choice and no doubt enquiries would of been made with him. If anything this was the worse chance we had not the best. They have new stadium, he has a fat new contract signed, and been promised funds in the Summer.

Even if he did which he obviously didn’t want to come. You can bet your ass Levy would of dragged talks out as long s possible plus the fact of the reported 40-50m it would of took to get him here.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 18/04/2019 at 05:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO