Like Tree38726Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    As Zzeezzy has pointed out he has been going on about the youth but other than Dalot and Rashford where are they? Remeber Rashford only got in the first team squad as a result of a lucky break who is to say the likes of one of the young players Ole has been going on about couldn't do the same. Ferguson took a risk with Beckham etc and they changed the face of the club from a cup winning team to the dominant force in England for over 10 years. The club aren't going to win anything this season so it is worth taking a risk in my view.
    Agree with this, trust me I really want Solskjaer to succeed. But I have been seeing things that have been worrying me for quite a while now. I weren't a fan of the appointment anyway as I felt we should of waited until end of season.

Everyone allowed their opinion, I just think we're a mess top to bottom. I don't trust any of it to take us forward really. Unproven manager, unproven coaches bar Phelan in many regards. McKenna has a bit of reputation behind him but Carrick has been part of failed tenure and is a novice.

I like all these guys but I never could see it working out. That's not me knowing everything, just hurting inside now like every United fan.

---

I guess what I'm saying is with a rebuild this size, we're uncertain about everything right now. Manager, coaching staff, players..... board obviously.

2. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Why do you keep having to resort to insults? Can't you see how shit we are, whether you think the players are shot or not..... the tactics are equally shit today. The decisions have been shit in player selection today.

Yeah you think this is a meltdown too I bet. 4-0 down to Everton and still people think Solskjaer is somehow immune from today.

When your whole teams got problems then there is issues everywhere, coaching and everything. We'e done the same old crap for weeks now, getting outplayed by everyone and nothing has changed.

No we don't said some here! We need s new everything tbf.
    Because you complain about things that are obvious over and over. Like you refuse to accept something. And then rant. The team stopped pressing when we got about 5 hamstring injuries in half a game. Solskjaer said the team want fit enough which lead to it. Which is why we stopped imposing ourselves. Which leads to giving up the ball and offence. Which opens us up the type fi shite we've seen to today. Which has been explained like 15 times. But nothing can be done till you get players in pre season. But you ignore that and moan anyway. It's maddening. Just process information before you lose your shit.

3. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Pretty sure O'Connor can play in either fullback position, would of had him over this. Should of planned for this game with him, we knew since the suspensions that we had no RB for todays game last week or so.
    He's not even close to being ready.

4. I guess theres no chance of yous lot doing us a favour on Wednesday...

5. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    One key difference though, you won't have calamity Jones and can keep your best ball-playing defender centrally in Lindelof.

Come on mate you know today was totally wrong setup wise, we can't defend it. We have no plan in the final third either, it's just down to a moment of brilliance or a good Pogba pass.
    So you want Young our he does it and you complain. Jones hasn’t been directly at fault for one goal today only saving them scoring another one with a last ditch challenge.

And Lindelof has been fantastic at FB for Sweden at all levels especially when there youth team won the Euros. Ole wanted to drop Young which many of us wanted. And some bitch about it.

6. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Also all the better young players are on loan. Now sure how you expect Solskjaer to pick them.

Carrick isn't part of a failed tenure. He retired a year ago. McKenna is well experienced, as is Phelan. We've got some excellent coaches.

7. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    So you want Young our he does it and you complain. Jones hasn’t been directly at fault for one goal today only saving them scoring another one with a last ditch challenge.

And Lindelof has been fantastic at FB for Sweden at all levels especially when there youth team won the Euros. Ole wanted to drop Young which many of us wanted. And some bitch about it.
    Exactly. Finds a new thing to moan about, even if it contradicts his previous moan

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Exactly. Finds a new thing to moan about, even if it contradicts his previous moan
    When you replace Young as a RB who has been terrible for months and then get an equally bad performance from a player that is our best CB. It stopped us from being able to play out from the back as well, with no Lindelof centrally who can actually start the attacks between Jones and Smalling.

I'm not contradicting myself because we replaced one bad player with another bad player/decision today.

I don't want to argue with you guys, today is bad enough as it is.

9. some suggesting solskjaer wont be here next season??think thats going a bit far despite the shambles of a club weve become

10. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    some suggesting solskjaer wont be here next season??think thats going a bit far despite the shambles of a club weve become
    Haven't seen that, unless you mean somewhere not on FM Base.

11. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Agree with this, trust me I really want Solskjaer to succeed. But I have been seeing things that have been worrying me for quite a while now. I weren't a fan of the appointment anyway as I felt we should of waited until end of season.

Everyone allowed their opinion, I just think we're a mess top to bottom. I don't trust any of it to take us forward really. Unproven manager, unproven coaches bar Phelan in many regards. McKenna has a bit of reputation behind him but Carrick has been part of failed tenure and is a novice.

I like all these guys but I never could see it working out. That's not me knowing everything, just hurting inside now like every United fan.

---

I guess what I'm saying is with a rebuild this size, we're uncertain about everything right now. Manager, coaching staff, players..... board obviously.
    McKenna was part of a failed tenure as much as Carrick since he was technically part of Jose's back room staff in his final few months here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    zzeezzy likes this.

12. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    When you replace Young as a RB who has been terrible for months and then get an equally bad performance from a player that is our best CB. It stopped us from being able to play out from the back as well, with no Lindelof centrally who can actually start the attacks between Jones and Smalling.

I'm not contradicting myself because we replaced one bad player with another bad player/decision today.

I don't want to argue with you guys, today is bad enough as it is.
    Who should play right back. Since we haven't got any until we buy one?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    McKenna was part of a failed tenure as much as Carrick since he was technically part of Jose's back room staff in his final few months here.

True but he has a bit more coaching reputation behind him with what he has done previously before coming here. Whether that's good or bad, like you say he was equally part of the same bad setup under Jose this season.

I don't know what the answer is anymore mate, as much as we like to criticise Scouse he does have a point to a certain degree. We won't be that appealing to any player this summer, if they've got other options on the table.

14. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Haven't seen that, unless you mean somewhere not on FM Base.
    robert huth said it for what its worth
    zzeezzy likes this.

15. Yeah Ole will definitely be here next season and so he should be! Everyone is frustrated but we have seen how good we can be under Ole and what he can get out of these players. We know there’s issues there obviously most of them from previous seasons. Some things have been forced on him because of that.

Let’s wait till next season to judge ok. He knows what he wants and has been given assurances about the Summer

16. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    True but he has a bit more coaching reputation behind him with what he has done previously before coming here. Whether that's good or bad, like you say he was equally part of the same bad setup under Jose this season.

I don't know what the answer is anymore mate, as much as we like to criticise Scouse he does have a point to a certain degree. We won't be that appealing to any player this summer, if they've got other options on the table.
    With no CL? Yeah, to players like Koulibaly, Sancho and Varane. But they already would have been difficult enough, Rome wasn't built in a day. Remember it took Klopp a while to get Liverpool playing like he wanted them to, a while until their structure adjusted and a while until players wanted to go there by choice.

This won't be a summer of instant results either, but with smart buys (like Mane, Firmino and Salah were for Liverpool), we should atleast be on the right path. Need to target those right type of players, mainly. Especially if we do not have CL next season. And talks moving along for a DoF definitely help matters.
    zzeezzy likes this.

17. Bloody hell neville gone right in on Pogba without mentioning his name was obvious who he Wass referring to. I'm not sure if he's the bad egg specifically but would certainly not mind him going as he doesn't even see his future at United. Only makes the rebuild bigger of course but it's massive anyway.

18. Fuckin' hell everyone was awful today, not a single positive. Top 4 is more than likely gone so hopefully we'll see more young players starting or on the bench.

The Manchester United Thread-namnl%C3%B6s.png

Would love to see Greenwood, Chong, Gomes, Garner and others get more minutes either from start or off the bench. They deserve time more than others now the last 4 games...

19. We got hammered 4-0 by Everton, bodes well...

20. Looks like no one wants top 4 lol

21. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator

Players don't think in one season. They look at what's going to happen over a contract. Personally, I've never met a player in either rugby or football who has ever thought that way

22. Despite that rubbish today still 3 points off 3rd.

23. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    We got hammered 4-0 by Everton, bodes well...
    It's the start of.a revolution like it was for Pep at City! (I wish).

I still don't think we're getting top 4 but my word we still are somehow in with a shot!

City most likely to stuff us but a few more days to hold on to faint hope.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Looks like no one wants top 4 lol
    well certainly not us or arsenal it seems,chelsea and spurs in pole position for that surely

25. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    well certainly not us or arsenal it seems,chelsea and spurs in pole position for that surely
    The Chelsea game is huge now. That's almost a decider

26. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    The Chelsea game is huge now. That's almost a decider
    yes mike its huge,especially if burnley turn up tomorrow night.not likely but then didnt expect palace to beat arsenal,or us to get battered by everton

27. all this make me wanna fire up a new fm19 save and shit on everyone and dominate but would feel bad for ousting ole.bloody sad case aint i!
    zzeezzy likes this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    all this make me wanna fire up a new fm19 save and shit on everyone and dominate but would feel bad for ousting ole.bloody sad case aint i!
    I'm shitting on everyone on my United save currently. The first thing I did was sell Young, Smalling, Darmian, fellaini and loaned out Alexis (He was difficult to sell).

29. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    all this make me wanna fire up a new fm19 save and shit on everyone and dominate but would feel bad for ousting ole.bloody sad case aint i!
    Did that a few weeks ago lol. Signed Kherer, Pavard, Chiesa, Neves, Gedson. And promoted O’Connor, Laird, Tuanzebe, Garner, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Burkart, Traore, Puigmal, Barlow, Levitt, Henderson, TFM, Joel. Four seasons on the bounce won everything except 1 Carabao Cup. Of corse sold Grant, Romero, Darmian, Young, Smalling, Jones, Valencia, Matic, Herrera, Mata, Sanchez, Pogba. This seasons end I’m gonna sell Lukaku, Lingard.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    I'm shitting on everyone on my United save currently. The first thing I did was sell Young, Smalling, Darmian, fellaini and loaned out Alexis (He was difficult to sell).

good call on those you binned.Also sanchez still has great stats somehow doesnt he?i mean yes he was a great performer but we havent seen that for a long time and def not in a utd shirt.

31. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Did that a few weeks ago lol. Signed Kherer, Pavard, Chiesa, Neves, Gedson. And promoted O’Connor, Laird, Tuanzebe, Garner, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Burkart, Traore, Puigmal, Barlow, Levitt, Henderson, TFM, Joel. Four seasons on the bounce won everything except 1 Carabao Cup. Of corse sold Grant, Romero, Darmian, Young, Smalling, Jones, Valencia, Matic, Herrera, Mata, Sanchez, Pogba. This seasons end I’m gonna sell Lukaku, Lingard.
    im very tempted if only to see a united squad worthy of calling themselves united players.Dont get me wrong we have some who are really gifted and dedicated but far too mnay that arent which saddens me.We know how these cycles go dont we,cant expect to be a the top of the tree forever.btw who did you flog pogba to and for how much?

32. Who was I and others kidding when we said we'll cope without Herrera, yes he is limited on the ball but I'd take 11 Herrera's in a team any day of the week. He won't allow that shitshow today, he cares about the club and has a backbone unlike half of these ponies in this squad.

We need him back for this run in starting on Wednesday, get Herrera back at any cost and start McTominay/Fred alongside him. Anyone but Matic.

Wouldn't mind us throwing in Sanchez, sounds crazy but at least he'll put in the yards and Martial can piss off to the bench.

We ran as a team 8.7km less than Everton today, time to drop these fools and bring back the deserving guys. We can't go all youth against City but bring some into the equation for sure. Maybe Greenwood on the bench and garner.

33. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Who was I and others kidding when we said we'll cope without Herrera, yes he is limited on the ball but I'd take 11 Herrera's in a team any day of the week. He won't allow that shitshow today, he cares about the club and has a backbone unlike half of these ponies in this squad.

We need him back for this run in starting on Wednesday, get Herrera back at any cost and start McTominay/Fred alongside him. Anyone but Matic.

Wouldn't mind us throwing in Sanchez, sounds crazy but at least he'll put in the yards and Martial can piss off to the bench.

We ran as a team 8.7km less than Everton today, time to drop these fools and bring back the deserving guys. We can't go all youth against City but bring some into the equation for sure. Maybe Greenwood on the bench and garner.
    we really could bang on for hours about the state of things but being the broken record i am i can only agree on martial.Followed him since he was 16 and really thought he would be some player but he isnt progressing in my eyes and cant see it happening.If being brutally honest can you see pogba running through brick walls for the team?no.So many big decisons to be made i really do feel sorry for ole as he will be clearing up a lot of shit that has accumalated over a number of years.big,big job.200 million?double that at least.oh and also agree on matic who is another who doesnt perform at the level he needs to
    Last edited by djs1; 21/04/2019 at 06:33 PM.
    zzeezzy likes this.

34. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Who should play right back. Since we haven't got any until we buy one?
    I thought Dalot was a RB so why was he playing LB, oh yes Utd don't have a half decent LB other than Shaw at the moment there in lies a problem.
    djs1 likes this.

35. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    im very tempted if only to see a united squad worthy of calling themselves united players.Dont get me wrong we have some who are really gifted and dedicated but far too mnay that arent which saddens me.We know how these cycles go dont we,cant expect to be a the top of the tree forever.btw who did you flog pogba to and for how much?
    Sold Pogba end of second season to Barca as he wanted to leave 117m
    djs1 likes this.

36. To be honest, there is quality in the team. What you need is some recovery time, physically and mentally.

Then in the summer you need some very well chosen transfers. Primary quality you should be looking for are leaders who can change a mentality. Someone who can change others attitude to bring everyone back on their level (and make them improve). To create a growth mindset.

I think Ole could be able to bring United to the next step, but right now he has to fill gaps. When he doesn't have to play a fireman to put fires down he can build on the team. At the start he did not see these problems coming and was only focusing on performing and there was something goin on. Right now he has to put fires down and can't focus on improving.

That's the positive me, but on the other side, until the end of the season Ole can show how dynamic he is. If he is able to change things. The first weeks were "easy" because no one knew his playstyle. Once things get figured out, you've got to learn how to cope with it.

37. Good points IxI Ra IxI..... I agree with you but they are really hard to find those sorts of players now with leadership qualities. Herrera was our leader and he looks ike he's going, we need him now more than ever, especially for these last few games.

Herrera importance to us I've realised even more now, first thing I'd do to try get him to stay would offer him the captaincy next season and say how we want to build team around him not Pogba.

38. There is quality they proved that when Ole first started but there is also some seriously poor players (either due to age, lack of progression or ego problems). It's too late to sort out the fitness problem for the rest of the season but the real work starts with pre-season. Meanwhile I'll go back to my Salford save in FM19 (I fancied a change from dominating with United lol).

39. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Who was I and others kidding when we said we'll cope without Herrera, yes he is limited on the ball but I'd take 11 Herrera's in a team any day of the week. He won't allow that shitshow today, he cares about the club and has a backbone unlike half of these ponies in this squad.

I told you about losing players like herrera. Only worth it if you upgrade

40. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    You sold Pogba tho? Damn. I built the team I had around him

41. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Good points IxI Ra IxI..... I agree with you but they are really hard to find those sorts of players now with leadership qualities. Herrera was our leader and he looks ike he's going, we need him now more than ever, especially for these last few games.

Herrera importance to us I've realised even more now, first thing I'd do to try get him to stay would offer him the captaincy next season and say how we want to build team around him not Pogba.
    This is what I've been saying to you for months. You need leaders. He's not the best player, but he's a heartbeat player, one who makes the rest play better, drives them on. If we lost him we have to sign a midfielder with the same drive.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    This is what I've been saying to you for months. You need leaders. He's not the best player, but he's a heartbeat player, one who makes the rest play better, drives them on. If we lost him we have to sign a midfielder with the same drive.
    At least he acknowledged it in a comment earlier mate.

43. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    You sold Pogba tho? Damn. I built the team I had around him

He wanted to leave lol

44. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    He wanted to leave lol
    I hope you got a good price for him. Meanwhile I'm doing something right at Salford as I've just been offered the Norwich job in my 3rd season.

45. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    The one thing I would say is not build a team around any specific player. We need to be a multi functional, multi threat team

46. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I hope you got a good price for him. Meanwhile I'm doing something right at Salford as I've just been offered the Norwich job in my 3rd season.
    117m not bad

47. Bloody know one thing these players are gonna find out what a proper pre season is come the Summer. Just seen Ole MUTV interview and he’s absolutely fuming you could see no more half arsing it anymore, shape up or ship out! There might be one or two more out goings than expected also after what he said.

48. Team for me against City should be:

DDG
    Dalot, Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw
    Fred
    Mctominey-Herrera
    Lingard, Lukaku, Sanchez

After what Ole said though can see Dalot being dropped

49. nice to see no ott posts after that shower of shit if real come in for pogba i would snap there hands off he just not up for it let him go he will have more fun in spain as hell have more time with the ball that he just dont get over here

50. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    nice to see no ott posts after that shower of shit if real come in for pogba i would snap there hands off he just not up for it let him go he will have more fun in spain as hell have more time with the ball that he just dont get over here
    If he plays there like he does here atm the fans won’t think twice about booing him off the pitch and the pro Madrid media slating him and calling him alsorts.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO