Like Tree39112Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    That doesn't excuse our form though especially recently, our performance against Everton for example was terrible in terms of player performances but the setup/approach was just as bad.
    He's been forced to change the approach because the players can't to do it. And they aren't even applying it now.

2. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    That doesn't excuse our form though especially recently, our performance against Everton for example was terrible in terms of player performances but the setup/approach was just as bad.
    Again your harping on about stuff we know about. He can’t do anything about it. Our players are shot physically after Ole got them to be one of the hardest working teams in his first month or so. Then we had like 10-12 injuries which this new style played a huge factor in causing him to change approach. Our squad is thin with players out of for our injured most of them look like there about 60 yrs old atm. He’s admitted himself he can’t get players on the training pitch because there just isn’t the time. It’s literally play recover play recover.

Yes its it’s frustrating but he needs time. He needs a pre season. He needs new players. He needs to shop out some dross. Things need changing off the field. All right his is going on and will happen in the Summer. Yes results of late haven’t been great. But just look at where we were and where we are and look at his league record since taking over. Only outdone by City and Pool.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Again your harping on about stuff we know about. He can’t do anything about it. Our players are shot physically after Ole got them to be one of the hardest working teams in his first month or so. Then we had like 10-12 injuries which this new style played a huge factor in causing him to change approach. Our squad is thin with players out of for our injured most of them look like there about 60 yrs old atm. He’s admitted himself he can’t get players on the training pitch because there just isn’t the time. It’s literally play recover play recover.

Yes its it’s frustrating but he needs time. He needs a pre season. He needs new players. He needs to shop out some dross. Things need changing off the field. All right his is going on and will happen in the Summer. Yes results of late haven’t been great. But just look at where we were and where we are and look at his league record since taking over. Only outdone by City and Pool.
    He will get the time no doubt, but we need to improve starting from tomorrow and I have little hope that we will get a good result.

I know people don't like stats but jeez listen to this one, worse than our clean sheet! "United hase not scored a goal from open play in 8 hours of football".

4. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    He will get the time no doubt, but we need to improve starting from tomorrow and I have little hope that we will get a good result.

I know people don't like stats but jeez listen to this one, worse than our clean sheet! "United hase not scored a goal from open play in 8 hours of football".
    Yep not good enough! But how many great chances have we fluffed tbf and we have fluffed some right sitters. Not sure we will win tomorrow but I will be surprised if there’s not a reaction and a change up in personnel.

Be great to have Herrera and Shaw back!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yep not good enough! But how many great chances have we fluffed tbf and we have fluffed some right sitters. Not sure we will win tomorrow but I will be surprised if there’s not a reaction and a change up in personnel.

Be great to have Herrera and Shaw back!
    Any sign of Herrera being back?

6. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Any sign of Herrera being back?
    Ole said he started training last week and said again he’s been working really hard to get back to playing.
    zzeezzy likes this.

7. NEW SCHOLARS:

Owen Dodgson
    Charlie Savage *
    ??Calen Gallagher-Allison
    ????????????Zidan Iqbal *
    ????????????Will Fish *
    ????????????Charlie Wellens
    Alfie Hughes
    Iestyn Hughes *
    Mipo Odubeko *
    Deji Sotona *
    Martin Svidersky *
    Noam Emeran *
    Dermot Mee

Stared ones are the next highly rated ones coming through. Likely to be in the u18s next season as most of them are going up to the 23s. There’s also Shortire but he’s to young for scholarship yet. Also a few new ones that are joining in the summer and some waiting for clearence.

Expect Bernard, Williams, Laird, Levitt, Traore, Puigmal, Galbraith, Ramanzani, Mellor to be permanently promoted to the u23s next season, some are already getting games.

Unlucky to our women’s youth academy on Sunday losing out to Arsenal in the final. Got some very good talent coming through that Stoney will be looking towards in the near future.

Thers a lot of good going on at the club on and off the field at all levels!

8. being realistic i think most of us would agree that if we come away with anything tomorrow ots a bonus.city are streets ahead arent they although i do think we will be better than sunday although thats not hard

9. Good lord, sports media in England are just utter trash. A month ago they were all sucking Soljskaer's dick and praising the players for turning the season around.

Couple of bad results, suddenly the same media are rolling out hit-pieces how Ole is a donkey, Jose was misunderstood genius and how entire squad needs to be executed for crimes against football.

It's no wonder both LVG and Mourinho seemingly aged 20 years after 2 seasons of dealing with this shit.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Good lord, sports media in England are just utter trash. A month ago they were all sucking Soljskaer's dick and praising the players for turning the season around.

Couple of bad results, suddenly the same media are rolling out hit-pieces how Ole is a donkey, Jose was misunderstood genius and how entire squad needs to be executed for crimes against football.

It's no wonder both LVG and Mourinho seemingly aged 20 years after 2 seasons of dealing with this shit.
    The English media are terrible but to be honest with you I think this vein of form is probably one of the lowest we've had since Fergie. 6 defeats in the last 8 games, no clean sheets in 11 games and no goals scored in open play in the last 8 hours of football.

The board deserve all the stick for this position we're in but I have sympathy for Solskjaer, not so much the players because they keep letting us down.

However when your not scoring and conceding left right and centre.... bound to come in for criticism. It won't change until the results do! Just the nature of football.

11. Sounds like Ole has already told which players are leaving after watching the embargo part of the presser. Said there is an outside chance Herrera could be fit but definitely will for the weekend same for Bailly.

12. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    The English media are terrible but to be honest with you I think this vein of form is probably one of the lowest we've had since Fergie. 6 defeats in the last 8 games, no clean sheets in 11 games and no goals scored in open play in the last 8 hours of football.

The board deserve all the stick for this position we're in but I have sympathy for Solskjaer, not so much the players because they keep letting us down.

However when your not scoring and conceding left right and centre.... bound to come in for criticism. It won't change until the results do! Just the nature of football.
    It's not even close to the lowest.

Tyton is right, it's mostly hot take garbage, jumping from one extreme to other

13. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    In January we were 10 points off top 4 and looking done. We're 3 points off now. It's been one extreme to the other but overall we've actually closed the gap, and can take it to the wire.
    Tyton likes this.

14. Would happily take a draw tomorrow. Get 4 points from the next 2 think we are faves for fourth spot. Chelsea game will be the decider imo.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Would happily take a draw tomorrow. Get 4 points from the next 2 think we are faves for fourth spot. Chelsea game will be the decider imo.
    Hope I'm wrong but can only see us losing, we'll play into City's hands by sitting deep and trying to execute a non-existing counter with Lukaku emulating a signpost with all his pointing as usual.

Some of our fans are bloody stupid, they want us to lose so that Liverpool won't win the league.... right.... they do realise it will do Moree harm to us going forward if we're not in CL.

16. What has Cantona just uploaded on instagram hahahahahhahaha

(it's NSFW)

17. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Hope I'm wrong but can only see us losing, we'll play into City's hands by sitting deep and trying to execute a non-existing counter with Lukaku emulating a signpost with all his pointing as usual
    Yup and with Martial and Rashford misplacing passes or dribbling straight in to the opponents..

18. Come on you bloody doom mongers get a grip!

19. Just looking around there’s certainly some great deals to be had this Summer!

20. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Just looking around there’s certainly some great deals to be had this Summer!
    Yep, don't want any excuses if we don't do the business this summer.

21. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Yep, don't want any excuses if we don't do the business this summer.
    You could strengthen considerably even without spending a fortune tbh.

22. Richard Keys on BeIn tv saying one of the linesman is a Liverpool fan.

Apparently Darmian and Periera starting.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 24/04/2019 at 06:54 PM.

23. Not Ashley bloody Young again and considering we also have Darmian and Shaw starting thenI'm guessing he is playing as this 3rd CB bollox.... sigh. I'm baffled why we keep picking Young and especially in that role.

24. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Not Ashley bloody Young again and considering we also have Darmian and Shaw starting thenI'm guessing he is playing as this 3rd CB bollox.... sigh. I'm baffled why we keep picking Young and especially in that role.
    Mutv, Sky And Ducker are saying Darmian is the 3rd CB

25. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Mutv, Sky And Ducker are saying Darmian is the 3rd CB
    Hmm, good luck our defence! Reckon we'll get a shot on target tonight?

26. Lol. Darmian and Young on the right. Get that KY jelly ready lads

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

27. Still so so pissed off we fucked up vs Everton. Would’ve been 10x more buzzing going into this with top 4 in our hands.

28. City look very shaky

29. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Still so so pissed off we fucked up vs Everton. Would’ve been 10x more buzzing going into this with top 4 in our hands.
    Arsenal are busy taking it out of theirs.
    RhQQ likes this.

30. Great, 30 minutes in and the players are losing steam

31. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    Great, 30 minutes in and the players are losing steam

We're not fit enough as a side. City are probably the fittest in the league. Going to be an ugly second half.

This is the conditioning issue Solskjaer was talking about.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    Great, 30 minutes in and the players are losing steam

Crazy to think what tempo Spurs and City had in CL. Shows how good fitness is

33. Ffs why we putting the ball out when it wasn't a head injury...... this team does my head in the more I watch them. Shame as well because the setup was decent.

make some subs, get Lukaku the signpost on to at least give some physicality up there.

34. We still don't look like ever scoring a goal from open play though... best we can hope for is 0-0 I think.

35. It's seems like a long time since we scored a goal from open play lol. Maybe vs Watford?

36. They’ll have heard the Arsenal score, let’s see their bottle

37. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    It's seems like a long time since we scored a goal from open play lol. Maybe vs Watford?

Nah that was 2 penalties lol.

38. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Nah that was 2 penalties lol.
    Pretty sure that was West Ham. I remember Rashford's goal we scored off a lovely counter...with an assist from Shaw

39. De Gea used to save those. Also Shaw should have done better, much better.

40. We are pure shite, just letting them run all over us after the first 15 minutes once again. Look how attacking their lineup is now and we can't execute any kind of counter even.

JELLY BABIES.

41. well as shit as we are playing aftv should be fun later popcorn on standby
    Tyton likes this.

42. Wut in tarnation is happening to De Gea? That is Lorius Karius level shit right there.

43. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    We are pure shite, just letting them run all over us after the first 15 minutes once again. Look how attacking their lineup is now and we can't execute any kind of counter even.

JELLY BABIES.
    Did you miss the bit where the team isn't physically fit enough cope with their energy. We blew ourselves out in the first 35 minutes

44. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Did you miss the bit where the team isn't physically fit enough cope with their energy. We blew ourselves out in the first 35 minutes
    Maybe because every game we're chasing the bloody ball... it's what City do to every team. You're going to be huffing and puffing with this approach no matter how fit you are really.

45. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Maybe because every game we're chasing the bloody ball... it's what City do to every team. You're going to be huffing and puffing with this approach no matter how fit you are really.
    Yeah,, which leaves us fucked to counter because we're not fit enough.

It's no surprise we're losing. Though annoying at often its fucking stupid mistakes

46. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Game like this we always play the "Floyd Mayweather" plan... drag them into the deep water, and sucker punch when we are fitter.
    Mike. likes this.

47. De Gea, Jesus Christ....

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO