Like Tree38686Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Don't care who he has signed for, you absolutely play Herrera.
    Sherkey and steveorobbo like this.

  2. Why would you not play Herrera?

    1- He’s our second best midfielder
    2- He’s been a model pro here despite being a yo-yo player when deserving to be a key one
    Mike. and Sherkey like this.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    We're looking for an 8 it seems, a DM (prob Rhodri at the min) will brought in anyway..
    Yeah, hes 8/10 hybrid. Pep would turn him into a monster I recon. I get shivers when I think how much more competent your board is. How things change, eh?

  4. Mike, why do you think Icardi for Lukaku is a bad idea?

  5. Saul Ningez said on Spanish interview today that he will 110% be staying at Atletico. Saying he was happy has a good long contract and can see staying there into his 30s

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Mike, why do you think Icardi for Lukaku is a bad idea?
    Well what I’ve seen of him, he’s even more one dimensional than Lukaku and wouldn’t have a (significantly) better return either. We have a 25 year old who’s top 20 goal scorers in PL history, so if it’s just goals you want (and that’s all you’ll be getting from Icardi), then it just makes more sense to save the hassle and just keep Lukaku. Then you factor in the baggage; the dressing room is already suspect enough.

  7. Last thing you want in your club right now is a 24/7 media circus around Icardi and his wife. It would like Beckham+Posh Spice except 500x worse.
    Sherkey likes this.

  8. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Well what I’ve seen of him, he’s even more one dimensional than Lukaku and wouldn’t have a (significantly) better return either. We have a 25 year old who’s top 20 goal scorers in PL history, so if it’s just goals you want (and that’s all you’ll be getting from Icardi), then it just makes more sense to save the hassle and just keep Lukaku. Then you factor in the baggage; the dressing room is already suspect enough.
    Nailed it. He's even more limited outside the box, his personality is more suspect, and he has a media circus that's worse than the one around Pogba
    Last edited by Mike.; 26/04/2019 at 05:32 PM.
    Tyton and Sherkey like this.

  9. English tabloids+ Wanda is a nuclear combination.
    Sherkey and Bujakaa92 like this.

  10. U23s last game tonight against table topping Wolves. Really disappointing season finishing 6th for one reason or another one in particular.

    Team is: Woolston, Olosunde, Ercolani, O’Connor, Tanner, Levitt, Garner, Barlow, Chong, Greenwood, Gomes

    Subs: Foijticek, Warren, Galbraith, Bohui, Elanga

    Good to see Warren back and O’Connor playing cb. And great to see Elanga get his first call up.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 26/04/2019 at 06:45 PM.

  11. Cheers guys. I was under impression he's more technical than Lukaku as well as a better goalscorer.

  12. Nearly 1-0 Utd after 90 seconds. Gomes with a sublime through ball to Chong our left who burns past the fb. Drills in a great cross but the cab just beats Greenwood to the ball.

    Wow clear peno denied for a foul on Gomes after some quick feet beats the CB who clearly tripped him after being beaten.

    Ole there with Phelan and our Loan scout.

    WTF! How’s that not a red let alone not getting a card! Disgusting challenge on Garner by there CF. A lung from behind clearly off the ground and not in control. Lucky that’s not a bad one!

    Great play by Gomes. Picks it up deep drives through CM then has a crack from about 20 yards. But just goes past the post.

    What a goal!! Great play by Chong who does the FB like a kipper with a lovely bit of skill. Drills it inside to Gomes who lays it off first time to Greenwood who score a fantastic first time effort with his right. Keeper didn’t move. 1-0 Utd 31 mins gone.

    Phelan and Ole loved that

    Feck off cunt ref. First Utd foul of the game and O’Connor gets booked..... Seconds later Wolves comit a worse foul and still no card. Bloody shocking reffing this game.

    1-0 HT. Utd totally dominant. Gomes stand out player by a mile.

    Greenwood goal https://twitter.com/imnomortalsam/st...338476037?s=21

    #MUTV stat on Mason Greenwood's 30th goal of the season - 15 with his right foot, 14 with his left and one header. It drew a smile from the watching Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

    Utd go close after the break 3 times in quick succession. Chong on all occasions drawing good saves from the GK.

    2-0 Utd after 48 mins. Chong come out possessed this half pics the ball up from a throw in brats 2 players in the box and gets brought down. Gomes with a cheeky dink peno straight down the middle Paneka

    Big shame Woolston the GK off after injuring his knee with a save. Tbh he’s been grate everytime he’s played. Saves with his hands and feet well. Great at coming for crosses. Fjoiticek on in his place.

    Ercolani off injured now. Twisted his knee blocking a shot. Tyrell Warren on after returning from injury. 67 mins gone

    2-1 Utd Wolves pull one back. Poor punch from Fjoiticek from a corner. Wolves player drills it back across ends up in the back of the net via a deflection off O’Connor. Unlucky he’s been superb while Wolves have piled forward the last 15. 8 mins left.

    2-2 poor from Olesunde completely misses his clearence. Ball falls to the winger who lays it off to the edge of the box who curls a great effort top corner. Wolves well on top. 8 mins injury time just started.

    Wow Greenwood has a goal not given after the ball crossed the line easily! Wolves go up the other end and score 2-3 officials have been a disgrace tonight!!!
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 26/04/2019 at 08:48 PM.

  13. You reckon Gomez will make it at United first team? He's got all the ability in the world but he looks like a lighter version of Fred and even that's saying something. I'd like to give him a good chance, maybe give him a few games against huddersfield and Cardiff if we bottle Chelsea.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    You reckon Gomez will make it at United first team? He's got all the ability in the world but he looks like a lighter version of Fred and even that's saying something. I'd like to give him a good chance, maybe give him a few games against huddersfield and Cardiff if we bottle Chelsea.
    Yeah for sure he’s absolutely nothing like Fred as a player. Gomes more like David Silva. Since he’s been injury free the last few weeks he’s been back to unplayable absolutely magician like technique.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yeah for sure he’s absolutely nothing like Fred as a player. Gomes more like David Silva. Since he’s been injury free the last few weeks he’s been back to unplayable absolutely magician like technique.

    yeah i really like gomes hope he gets a chance.whatever happened to gribbin?

  16. Can’t believe we lost that. Clueless Sbragia last 20 mins did feck all when it was obvious Wolves were just gonna get there LWB to whip in crosses. And there attacks coming all from that side.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    yeah i really like gomes hope he gets a chance.whatever happened to gribbin?
    Taking an extended break from the game due to personal reasons.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Taking an extended break from the game due to personal reasons.
    ah i didnt know that.hope the lad sorts his issues as he was a talented boy

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yeah for sure he’s absolutely nothing like Fred as a player. Gomes more like David Silva. Since he’s been injury free the last few weeks he’s been back to unplayable absolutely magician like technique.
    No I meant because his stature is so small, considering PL is such a physical league.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    No I meant because his stature is so small, considering PL is such a physical league.
    Sont think Fred struggles with the physicality of the prem. He’s just struggling with the pace of it atm. On Gomes his movement, technique, Touch is in such a level don’t think he will struggle at all. Plus this season he’s got stuck in a lot more than previous seasons. If tor good enough as a footballer then physique won’t come into it.

  21. View image on Twitter
    ACADEMY NEWS: Today’s team news for the u18s final match


    All Greenwood’s goals this season https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status...268995072?s=21

    1-0 Utd 9 mins gone. Great run by Elanga who is playing RB. Beats the oppo FB drives into the box plays the ball to Mellor who slots it home. Brilliant from Elanga though!

    1-1 after 15 Utd unlucky with a deflection into the net. Make that 1-2 Everton who score from a corner after Utd fail to clear.

    1-3 Poor from Utd keeper just a floaty free kick. Starts to come then changes his mind after misjudging it Everton player has a easy tap in. Make that 1-4 now. Sloppy giving the ball away at the back for an easy finish just before HT.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 27/04/2019 at 11:48 AM.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    You reckon Gomez will make it at United first team? He's got all the ability in the world but he looks like a lighter version of Fred and even that's saying something. I'd like to give him a good chance, maybe give him a few games against huddersfield and Cardiff if we bottle Chelsea.
    Yes, i think he will sooner or later. he is a big talent and can see him in starting 11 in next 2-3 seasons if there wont be any injuries...

  23. 2-4 Utd great play by Traore in the box to skip past a couple of challenges. Drills it across the box for Mellor to get his second.

    FFS comical decending ball gets whipped in from a free kick. Had more than a couple of chances to clear but fluffed it in a panic. Falls to an Everton player for a close range finish. 2-5

    Lol same stuff at the other end this time Mellor gets his hat trick 3-5

    Wow what a game lol. Williams gets brought down in the box. McGhee puts it away. 4-5 about 10 mins left.

    Utd denied a clear pen just like last night. Clear foul on Williams again inside the box.

    FT 4-5. Poor defending from both sides but entertaining either way. Season of 2 half’s for the u18s especially after Jan when there was so much chopping and changing at academy level. Solid campaign but we need to learn to stop giving away silly gls. Should come from experience as this has been a very young side since Jan.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 27/04/2019 at 12:55 PM.

  24. So after reports from Ramano and RMC who would use Pogba to get Dybala out of Juve or Varane out of Madrid?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    So after reports from Ramano and RMC who would use Pogba to get Dybala out of Juve or Varane out of Madrid?
    i would go with varane
    Tyton and Theatre of Dreams83 like this.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    i would go with varane
    Yeah same!

  27. Solskjaer was pretty much guaranteeing he was staying next season.... that is either naive or genuinely true. Personally don't believe he will, not surprise me if Raiola is escalating it all as usual. I guess we can't complain because we knew the whole package we got when we signed him.

    I personally just want rid of Pogba, I just find him irritating and too inconsistent in a United shirt. get 2 or 3 good replacements, problem is I don't trust this board to do that.

    Last time we replaced a world-class player like Ronaldo we got bloody Obertan and Michael Owen.

  28. From the embargoed part of presser:

    Solskjaer on these players handling Ferguson's management style
    Everyone of these players knows that times have changed and what the gaffer did was unbelievable. We are doing things differently to all the previous managers.

    We can't try to copy Sir Alex and be successful - because he was unique. We have to do our own way. We have a different generation of players. Maybe some of them could not have handled Sir Alex the way of managing but we look to do it our way. They know the history of the club, it means a lot for everyone and can't linger on.

    Solskjaer on rebuilding
    Clearly at Man Utd you take over when it has not been up to standards everyone wanted. I have not inherited a Championship-winning team that keeps on winning. You need time to rebuild and put your own stamp on it.

    You can see City and Liverpool set the standards and had Guardiola and Klopp done fantastic job, had their bedding in period and put their stamp on it.

    Solskjaer on top 4
    That is the ironic part of this because three weeks ago if you had said we'd lose the games we have, I'd say we were out of the chase because you need 76 or 77 points.

    Suddenly, as always happens, strange things happen at the start and end of a season. We are in with a chance and if every single one of my players - if we start now - and wake up today with reality that if we beat Chelsea we have a very, very good chance to get in top four, we would all have took it.

    It is one way of changing mindsets on what's happened. You can't do anything about what's happened in the short-term, you just have to look forward to the next three games.

  29. Solskjaer on investment and summer plans
    I speak to the players all the time; they know my expectations and standards. I have got three years here now and I am going to do whatever I can to make this club successful. We do that together, it is not players against managers here.

    You can’t change the team in one transfer window. It isn't going to happen overnight, but we have the time frame and we have the backing. We are all realistic enough to see where we are and you just don’t go 'bang' and move from 70 points to 90 points.

    You can't say that we haven't invested enough money. If you look at the money that's been spent, the owners have invested loads of cash and will continue that. I've been in meetings and we've had discussions about that.

    We want the player with the right quality and the right personality. All my life I've believed in human beings and what drives people and what makes you successful in the end. Driven by money or fame they are not right for Man United, or my team.

    I need players who reflect me as a person and my values. We don't want them if they are only coming because they were offered 20 per cent more.

  30. Ducker: Herrera in squad for Chelsea game. Am told he was ‘gutted’ to miss Barca, Everton and City games #mufc

  31. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Solskjaer was pretty much guaranteeing he was staying next season.... that is either naive or genuinely true. Personally don't believe he will, not surprise me if Raiola is escalating it all as usual. I guess we can't complain because we knew the whole package we got when we signed him.

    I personally just want rid of Pogba, I just find him irritating and too inconsistent in a United shirt. get 2 or 3 good replacements, problem is I don't trust this board to do that.

    Last time we replaced a world-class player like Ronaldo we got bloody Obertan and Michael Owen.
    You'd never say he was leaving even if e was. Ferguson did it with Ronaldo for a whole year.

    That said, he's not going to Madrid for less than 100m. Madrid want Hazard too, and despite how they act and how the papers lap it up, here's the big kicker: their finances show they can't even afford to but either one of Hazard or Pogba without selling players first...
    Last edited by Mike.; 28/04/2019 at 10:31 AM.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    You'd never say he was leaving even if e was. Ferguson did it with Ronaldo for a whole year.

    That said, he's not going to Madrid for less than 100m. Madrid want Hazard too, and despite how they act and how the papers lap it up, here's the big kicker: their finances show they can't even afford to but either one of Hazard or Pogba without selling players first...
    They'll offer us bale as a bargaining chip, hope to god Woodward doesn't entertain it. However if they want to discuss Varane in the conversation.... that's a different story.

  33. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    They'll offer us bale as a bargaining chip, hope to god Woodward doesn't entertain it. However if they want to discuss Varane in the conversation.... that's a different story.
    Yep would take Varane, but only if we were going for Milinkovic-Savic

  34. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Last time we replaced a world-class player like Ronaldo we got bloody Obertan and Michael Owen.
    We signed Valencia to replace Ronaldo

  35. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    They'll offer us bale as a bargaining chip, hope to god Woodward doesn't entertain it. However if they want to discuss Varane in the conversation.... that's a different story.
    They can gives us Varane + 30m and Bale on loan for the season while paying all his wages

  36. I don't even think Varane will leave anyway, seen this smoke all before and then suddenly a contract looms.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Yep would take Varane, but only if we were going for Milinkovic-Savic
    Im not 100% sold on Savic tbh. He’s had dire this season and the games I’ve watched it’s been like watching Pogba but with even less quality and less effort and they still want around the 100m Mark. And a lot of Lazio fans on various places have had about enough of him. Would rather go for Fernandes, Aour, Pjanic, Havertz

  38. I would take Bruno Fernandes over SMS at the moment. But Pogba aint leaving soon.

  39. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Im not 100% sold on Savic tbh. He’s had dire this season and the games I’ve watched it’s been like watching Pogba but with even less quality and less effort and they still want around the 100m Mark. And a lot of Lazio fans on various places have had about enough of him. Would rather go for Fernandes, Aour, Pjanic, Havertz
    The only one better on that list is Pjanic and he's 4 years older

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    I would take Bruno Fernandes over SMS at the moment. But Pogba aint leaving soon.
    Having both Pogba and Bruno Fernandes in midfield would be very naughty!

  41. Quote Originally Posted by RedUnited View Post
    Having both Pogba and Bruno Fernandes in midfield would be very naughty!
    Yeah, but then you would need someone like Kante who'll be able to run for them both. That said, Fernandes is massively improving in becoming a complete midfielder as opposed to simple attacking mid during his time in Italy.

    Also, speaking of potential DDG replacement, is it worth taking a look at Pete's son?
    RedUnited likes this.

  42. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    I would take Bruno Fernandes over SMS at the moment. But Pogba aint leaving soon.
    Yeah me to. I’m not sold on Savic tbh.

    Fernandes then Ndombele or Pellegrini, Partey, Rodri next to him
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 28/04/2019 at 01:39 PM.

  43. Can’t wait to see Dean Henderson in the Prem next year don’t think some realise just how good he is and will only get better.
    steveorobbo likes this.

  44. I would like to get Savic, dont get me wrong. But I still feel Bruno will be better.

    If De Gea is to leave this summer, would you put your trust into hands of a GK who never played a game in top level?

  45. Seems like nobody wants top 4 this year.

  46. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    I would like to get Savic, dont get me wrong. But I still feel Bruno will be better.

    If De Gea is to leave this summer, would you put your trust into hands of a GK who never played a game in top level?
    I mean, we've got Romero...

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  47. Can’t be given anymore chances. Leicester done there job for us. We absolutely must win even if it’s a 93 min deflection of Martial bellend!
    RedUnited likes this.

  48. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    I mean, we've got Romero...

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Romero is a perfect no.2, but terrible no,1. He flaps all the time, good shot stopper but even when he last played conceded cheap goal at his near post.

  49. #MUWomen team to play Millwall (kick-off 14:00 BST): Ramsey, Harris, A. Turner(c), M. Turner, Smith, Zelem, Toone, James, Arnot, Galton, Devlin.

    Substitutes: Chamberlain, Green, Palmer, Hanson, Sigsworth.


    Zelem already scored after 8 mins.

  50. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Can’t be given anymore chances. Leicester done there job for us. We absolutely must win even if it’s a 93 min deflection of Martial bellend!
    Still relying on Chelsea even if we win though, due to goal difference that we can't overturn.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO