Like Tree38620Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    I honestly don't remember DDG having such a poor run of form since his debut season. And if I do recall, he won United player of the year the same season his RM move was thwarted by the legendary fax machine.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    You obvious don't remember the fact that he missed the first month or so of that season because his mind was on other things (ie the RM offer) which was affecting his performance. LVG dropped him from the until the transfer window was over.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    He just needs the summer to get his head right. God knows why anyone wants him gone it’s madness and you have no chance of getting Oblak after just signing a new long term contract and admitting he wants to stay there for years just like Sail did.
    You are assuming he even wants to stay. Pretty sure he is just fed up of putting up with mediocrity of his teammates, and who could blame him. He's been top 1-2 goalkeeper in the world for most of the decade and won jack shit.
    brunoh and Bujakaa92 like this.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    You obvious don't remember the fact that he missed the first month or so of that season because his mind was on other things (ie the RM offer) which was affecting his performance. LVG dropped him from the until the transfer window was over.
    I remember that but he wasn't benched due to any howlers. LVG just took the safe approach with the situation (LVG handled it well tbh).

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Tyton likes this.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    You are assuming he even wants to stay. Pretty sure he is just fed up of putting up with mediocrity of his teammates, and who could blame him. He's been top 1-2 goalkeeper in the world for most of the decade and won jack shit.
    He has an EPL medal under his belt along with a few cups as well.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    You are assuming he even wants to stay. Pretty sure he is just fed up of putting up with mediocrity of his teammates, and who could blame him. He's been top 1-2 goalkeeper in the world for most of the decade and won jack shit.
    You're spot on. He has the quality to star in UCL's final, but is stuck with a team that can barely dream with a top 4 finish.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    He has an EPL medal under his belt along with a few cups as well.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I think 7 or 8 trophies since he’s been with us. But yeah sure could of had more. But don’t think he wants to leave just wants rewarding with a contract he thinks he deserves after being our best player for about 5 yrs.

  7. Anyways wtf was that in the Leeds c Villa match! Most bizarre thing I’ve seen on a football pitch

  8. in other news aftv should be good and endgame is off the chain awsome
    Tyton likes this.

  9. On
    Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    You're spot on. He has the quality to star in UCL's final, but is stuck with a team that can barely dream with a top 4 finish.
    Quality? Sure
    Mentality???

    I love DDG to the bones, but surely it’s time to call a spade a spade and admit he has multiple question marks over the bigger moments of his career.

    -His biggest CL game to date: unforgivable error
    -World Cup (or virtually any representation of Spain): self destruct mode
    -Top 4 fights at the business end: a series of errors (this year, should’ve done better for the winner in the 2-3 vs West Ham under LvG which would’ve guaranteed CL football, etc.)
    -Feck, even the FA Cup final in 2016, he should’ve done better for Puncheons goal.

    Maybe his skillset outweighs his ability to manage the big occasions. Maybe the fact we have been so shit in recent years, instead of challenging for major trophies, was beneficial to him. Maybe he would’ve flopped big time at Madrid. All I’m saying maybe it’s not the “poor De Gea” story everyone seems to say, maybe he needed this big-fish-small-bond scenario to shine, with no pressure (relative to expectation of winning the PL/CL & team performance in front of him)

    This will no doubt get bashed and ridiculed but at least some food for thought
    Last edited by RhQQ; 28/04/2019 at 08:03 PM.
    Tyton likes this.

  10. And no, I haven’t ignored the ridiculous levels he has performed for us, team context aside. Just an observation.

  11. Would not play Rashford again this season he looks more shot than most and clearly not fully recovered from the injury and know Ole has confirmed he’s had shoulder problems to resulting in it needing strapped just so he can play. Disappointed no top for or CL next year! But also excited for the Summer and the rebuild and to see what direction we go in going into next season.

    Give some of the youth a chance in the last few games especially the ones that Ole wants to take on tour and promote next season. Give them that taste so they won’t be totally green come next season. And I really want us to go all out next season Europa included!

  12. Tuanzebe vs Leeds today. Absolutely dominant performance. This loan spell has been good except from a couple of injuries. The only weakness in his game was his heading. That’s improved majorly at Villa. Really hope he’s in the squad next season or at Villa on loan playing week in week out.

    https://youtu.be/ZdEbDzVi1mc

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    I remember that but he wasn't benched due to any howlers. LVG just took the safe approach with the situation (LVG handled it well tbh).

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    LVG didn't play him because he knew if he did the howlers would have happened. Shame the same hasn't been true this season, DDG came off a poor international summer and hasn't really recovered to be honest.
    Tyton likes this.

  14. just put aftv on fam trust me blood
    Tyton likes this.

  15. Yeah I remember people were giving shit to LVG for dropping De Gea during the fax gate, but turns out the crazy Dutchman knew what he was doing after all.

  16. Martial needs to sort himself out. Looks like he’s got the huff for not starting https://twitter.com/paulsherlock69/s...345511426?s=21
    RedUnited likes this.

  17. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Yeah I remember people were giving shit to LVG for dropping De Gea during the fax gate, but turns out the crazy Dutchman knew what he was doing after all.
    Yeah

    Still wouldn't get rid of him though. His distribution is good, when he's coached that way. Shame that Jose spent 2 years taking that out of him. I honnestly think he does want to be here. Because tbf, when LVG benched him, he was going, until the great fax fuck up. This looks less decided, hence Ole sticking with him ( he may look like a child, but he's very switched on, he's very much keeping him onside). He's not declining at all. And we've got far bigger issues than him.

    People talk about replacing him with Oblak...pray tell how we afford him give he's just signed a new contract, and we want 4 players as it is? Assuming he would even be interested.
    Tyton likes this.

  18. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Chow Zz see you soon How can we ignore you when we replied to you
    Also just rewatched the highlights. The shot doesn't even back up his point. It's a speculative nothing shot that should have been handles by keeper. Doesn't even qualify as a pressure or a good chance

  19. It definitely looked like we were the side going to get the second goal of the game yesterday until that Karius-esque error.

  20. Yep that goal killed all momentum and hit what little confidence we had going into the secondary half. Then the conditioning/fitness issue kicked in and a draw looked on the table from about 60 mins onwards, due to both teams being so out of form. Least the effort and desire has been shown in the last 2 matches. Hope to see a few promoted players in the last 2 squads.

  21. Be interesting to see who gets promoted next season as out of the loan lads there’s only really Tuanzebe, Mitchell, Henderson that are good enough the rest will be gone. Then the likes of Gomes, Burkart, Chong, O’Connor, Barlow are At the age to be needing a loan or at least to be playing fairly regular part in our squad. Then Greenwood, Garner, Laird, Williams will all still be 17 start of the season.

  22. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    It definitely looked like we were the side going to get the second goal of the game yesterday until that Karius-esque error.
    Exactly. We all would have been perfectly happy with that half until that moment.
    RedUnited likes this.

  23. Sounds like Dean Henderson will be going back out on loan to Sheffield United after playing a massive part in getting them promoted. Good move and I have no doubts he will handle the step up again like he has at every level flawless.
    steveorobbo likes this.

  24. Shame about Bailly. Out for rest of season and will miss the AFCON.

  25. I give you Polish Ekstralasa at its finest.

    https://twitter.com/OwskiMateusz/sta...14496174067712

  26. Really good passionate and heated show on MUTV the Paddy Crerand show. Especially David May. There’s even been border line strong language when him and Paddy have disagreed. I was with May in the DOF being needed and being most probably the most important thing to sort out this Summer. Crerend disagreed which May told him to stop talking bull crap lol the evil he got off Paddy. Really good honest show not like 99% of the time when it feels scripted.

    All the callers in have have been pretty much spot. Mentioning fitness issues, DOF/SD, getting the deadwood out. Not one caller mentioning DDG needing selling or Ole being appointed to early. Think nearly every single caller mentioned the injection of youth from inside the club and getting back to a British core.

  27. Can't stand crerend. Most blinkered biased person I've ever heard that talks about United. Can't even listen to his commentary. Every challenge on a united player is a red card and a reckless challenge the other way he tells them to get up and a dive. Really can't stand listening to him

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

  28. https://www.nbcsports.com/video/man-...unday-april-28

    I thought it was really well done. Just watched the premiere on MUTV



  29. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Really good passionate and heated show on MUTV the Paddy Crerand show. Especially David May. There’s even been border line strong language when him and Paddy have disagreed. I was with May in the DOF being needed and being most probably the most important thing to sort out this Summer. Crerend disagreed which May told him to stop talking bull crap lol the evil he got off Paddy. Really good honest show not like 99% of the time when it feels scripted.

    All the callers in have have been pretty much spot. Mentioning fitness issues, DOF/SD, getting the deadwood out. Not one caller mentioning DDG needing selling or Ole being appointed to early. Think nearly every single caller mentioned the injection of youth from inside the club and getting back to a British core.
    This British core thing is bollocks

  30. Lol - that's how we all see it, and prefer to watch Premier League, or any other league instead

  31. Yeah don’t really care where there from as long as there performing and willing to play for the badge. Do like having English players coming through though.

    Sky reporting Ferdinand is in for the DOF role. And has already met with Woody.

  32. Manchester United considering Rio Ferdinand for technical director role. By @JamieJackson___https://www.theguardian.com/football/20

  33. So, according to various rumours, we could lose De Gea, Pogba, Herrera, Mata and Martial this summer. Woodward will have to earn that paycheck.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    So, according to various rumours, we could lose De Gea, Pogba, Herrera, Mata and Martial this summer. Woodward will have to earn that paycheck.
    Its ok because the same people writing those rumours are also linking us with Oblak, Sancho, Koulibaly, Felix, Ndombele, Fernandes, AWB, Meunier, Dybala and Saul and we are gonna spend 100 billion dollars. Ed’s got this lad
    Tyton likes this.

  35. How long before O'Shea is linked to a job at the club?
    Tyton likes this.

  36. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants Manchester United to appoint Mike Phelan as the club’s first technical director, reports @hirstclass#MUFChttps://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ole-g

    [email protected] understands that Phelan wants a broader role at United and would be interested in becoming technical director. It is also understood that Phelan has Solskjaer’s backing for the position thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport

    It is understood that Rio Ferdinand, the former United captain, met with Ed Woodward recently, but it’s unclear what role he would take on #MUFChttps://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-wants-mike-phelan-as-manchester-united-technical-director-rdvs5rrrd …

  37. This sounds very similar to Liverpool’s committee

    Best ignore the idea of a #mufc technical director calling the shots in the transfer market. It’ll be very much a transfer committee style approach. Rio, Fletcher among those who’ve been spoken to along with internal figures like Phelan. Process ongoing https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/30/manchester-united-consider-rio-ferdinand-forsenior-role-club/ …

  38. cos that worked really well at liverpool

  39. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Best ignore all the papers. They've said everything under the sun now. No one knows whats going on.
    djs1 likes this.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    cos that worked really well at liverpool
    Well look at them and look at us I would say it has.

  41. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Well look at them and look at us I would say it has.
    did klopp not get rid of it when he came in?
    Tyton likes this.

  42. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    did klopp not get rid of it when he came in?
    Yeah I think they went the director root with Edwards. But some of the committee signings have been good Coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Gomez. But Edwards has definitely taken it along with Klopp to another level.

    Aslong as both manager and comittee see eye to eye on the way forward with transfers which would clearly be the case if it was say Rio and Phelan. Then it should work fine. Problem Pool has was Rodgers and there’s didn’t at the time.



    Ducker saying CB not a priority this summer but 2 CMs, RB, Attacker are.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 30/04/2019 at 10:42 PM.

  43. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yeah I think they went the director root with Edwards. But some of the committee signings have been good Coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Gomez. But Edwards has definitely taken it along with Klopp to another level.

    Aslong as both manager and comittee see eye to eye on the way forward with transfers which would clearly be the case if it was say Rio and Phelan. Then it should work fine. Problem Pool has was Rodgers and there’s didn’t at the time.



    Ducker saying CB not a priority this summer but 2 CMs, RB, Attacker are.

    Or... you just leave it to Phelan who has experience being an assistant manager and director, as opposed to Rio having a say when he's had neither

  44. Watching Rio as pundit he seems a bit thick, too put it mildly. So either this story is bullshit or Woodward just wants a yes-man.

  45. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Watching Rio as pundit he seems a bit thick, too put it mildly. So either this story is bullshit or Woodward just wants a yes-man.
    He shouldn't have brought back either Ole or Phelan if that was the case...
    Tyton likes this.

  46. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    So, according to various rumours, we could lose De Gea, Pogba, Herrera, Mata and Martial this summer. Woodward will have to earn that paycheck.
    Martial just signed a 5 year contract....

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  47. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Watching Rio as pundit he seems a bit thick, too put it mildly. So either this story is bullshit or Woodward just wants a yes-man.
    Ferdinands far from thick he’s a pretty successful business man. And if you listened to people on Sky Sports news yesterday when the story broke. He’s actually a huge student of the game, travels the world visiting different clubs in different countries sees and studies how different coaches/ managers do things. He’s already done some of his badges and knows people in player agencies. Not to mention the obvious about being a club great and a huge fan favourite. Far from a yes man also. Think it would be a great idea to have him on board.

  48. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Ferdinands far from thick he’s a pretty successful business man. And if you listened to people on Sky Sports news yesterday when the story broke. He’s actually a huge student of the game, travels the world visiting different clubs in different countries sees and studies how different coaches/ managers do things. He’s already done some of his badges and knows people in player agencies. Not to mention the obvious about being a club great and a huge fan favourite. Far from a yes man also. Think it would be a great idea to have him on board.
    He definitely shouldn't be technical director, If its internal, Phelan is most qualified. External and you want someone with club history, Van der Sar

  49. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    He definitely shouldn't be technical director, If its internal, Phelan is most qualified. External and you want someone with club history, Van der Sar
    No I agree but think if we are going the committee route he would be a good appointment. Reading Duckers article sounds like they want Phelan, Bout and Lawlor with Rio and Fletcher involved in some capacity. Be very happy with that and a huge step in the right direction off the pitch.

  50. I know everyone is hyped for Greenwood but I think I’m more hyped for this guy Matic Killer https://youtu.be/PETF8UsASfA
    steveorobbo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO