Like Tree38731Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Valencia, Jones, Rashford all trained with the first team today. As did youngsters O’Connor, Gomes, Chong, Garner.

2. ?

Operation went well.. thanyou for the messages. God bless

3. On Juan Mata’s future: United‘s final contract offer is a 1-year deal + the option of an additional year. Mata, who wanted 2 years, remains relaxed about the situation and is keen to stay @samuelluckhurst#mufc

4. ?

"We're hopeful having spoken with the powers that be at Manchester United that we can agree a deal for loan Dean to play for us in the Premier League next year."#SUFC

5. Solskjaer gives injury update
    Here’s what Solskjaer has told MUTV about injuries:

Eric Bailly has probably been the one smiling the most out of all of us because you fear the worst. (about his knee injury). There are a few little niggles, so let’s count the numbers on Sunday morning I reckon. Mason Greenwood started off this week training but then he’s out injured again unfortunately. Also Romero injured his knee and will be out.

We were looking at bringing him into the squad for the last two games - maybe he’ll make the last one against Cardiff.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says #MUFC have “a few niggles & few injuries” but was coy when asked about the names of those doubts. Pogba, Lukaku & Lingard were conspicuous by their absence from open training on Wednesday

Solskjaer on De Gea
    Will De Gea be playing?

I would think so, yeah, or he will play. Sergio was injured yesterday so didn’t train, tweaked his knee, so David’s been training well this week.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 03/05/2019 at 10:25 AM.

6. OGS says @ManUtd are an attraction if they are in CL or not. "You would be surprised how many players' agents have been telling us their players would love to be a part of Man Utd in future. That is the lure + potential + size of the club and we will get back to the good days."

Technical director
    Still no technical director in place

I’ll have a final say if a player comes in or go out and we’ve got regular meetings, I’m happy with the way it’s going and we’re supposed to sign 250 players so hopefully we can get players in you have not written about as well. Yes I will have the final day on ins and outs.”

7. Also, what exactly has been happening? All rumours pointed to us and Bruno Fernandes. City weren't even mentioned. All of a sudden, in the past few days, they've been linked and are close to signing him?

I'm just praying it doesn't turn out to be a long, long summer for us, since Woodward is still in charge, and we seem to be nowhere near appointing a technical director. If Woody still remain in charge completely, I'm resigned to us going full blown for over-priced, albeit world class stars who are not going to move and will only use the interest for a new contract.

We need two CMs, a CB, RB and RW. We really need to make a running start to the summer, and since last year, waiting till the window has literally gone out of the window.

Also, on an aside, I think Ferguson was the last manager to properly groom a player - you know, train and take a talented player and actually make him class. Pep and Klopp seem to do it often, yet we have had van Gaal and Mourinho who have both failed to do the same (unless I'm forgetting someone)

8. City have been linked since the start of April, some papers had us down as making an informal approach 2 weeks ago. I think they stepped up interest once Gundo confirmed contract and Kev went down with the hamstring.
    Sherkey likes this.

9. Also rumored that David Silva might be gone after this season. They will pretty much only have KDB, B.Silva and the kid Foden for the centre mid positions. They could really use a Bruno Fernandes there and I can see why he'd like to go there!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Also, what exactly has been happening? All rumours pointed to us and Bruno Fernandes. City weren't even mentioned. All of a sudden, in the past few days, they've been linked and are close to signing him?

I'm just praying it doesn't turn out to be a long, long summer for us, since Woodward is still in charge, and we seem to be nowhere near appointing a technical director. If Woody still remain in charge completely, I'm resigned to us going full blown for over-priced, albeit world class stars who are not going to move and will only use the interest for a new contract.

We need two CMs, a CB, RB and RW. We really need to make a running start to the summer, and since last year, waiting till the window has literally gone out of the window.

Also, on an aside, I think Ferguson was the last manager to properly groom a player - you know, train and take a talented player and actually make him class. Pep and Klopp seem to do it often, yet we have had van Gaal and Mourinho who have both failed to do the same (unless I'm forgetting someone)
    Think is and City are interested but with Ole sure Pogba is staying there is no need for Fernandes but more a Herrera and Matic type.

The Woodward stuff is the biggest Myth in football and becoming really tiresome tbh. The managers pick the transfers and Ole has confirmed this will be no different. Only thing Ed should get partial blame for is overpaying but that was the same even when Edwards was here. Utd tax is definitely not a myth.

Not you mate but a lot of our fans are becoming an embarrassment! Moaning about everything!
    Sherkey likes this.

11. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yeah I think they went the director root with Edwards. But some of the committee signings have been good Coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Gomez. But Edwards has definitely taken it along with Klopp to another level.

Aslong as both manager and comittee see eye to eye on the way forward with transfers which would clearly be the case if it was say Rio and Phelan. Then it should work fine. Problem Pool has was Rodgers and there’s didn’t at the time. ......
    The Brazilian rat was bought before FSG. Salah after they completely changed their whole structure and method of business.

Rodgers had no final say and very little input over anything.

Putting that unholy carnage as any sort of plus to Utd making the same mistakes really isn’t a smart analogy.

12. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Also, what exactly has been happening? All rumours pointed to us and Bruno Fernandes. City weren't even mentioned. All of a sudden, in the past few days, they've been linked and are close to signing him?

Our football lot went down a few weeks ago: the club is being super tight lipped, so press are just running on rumours. BT know nothing about Rio and going back to United, because of course if he wouldn't work for us (which is interesting because those who know their rugby will know former World Cup Winner Ben Kay is our analyst and co commentator, and is still on the board of directors for his club Leicester Tigers)

It's a wait and see job, because the number of ins will depend on the number of outs, particularly on Herrera and Mata
    Sherkey likes this.

13. Will Juan Mata stay at Old Trafford?

"I've had words with him and he knows how highly I regard him."

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hopeful Juan Mata will sign new @ManUtd deal: http://skysports.tv/f6

14. Squad

Goalkeepers (2): David de Gea, Lee Grant
    Defenders (7): Ashley Young, Diogo Dalot, Phil Jones, O’Connor, Chris Smalling, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw
    Midfielders (7): Ander Herrera, Nemanja Matic, Andreas Pereira, James Garner, Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba, Fred
    Forwards (5): Angel Gomes, Tahith Chong, Juan Mata, Alexis Sanchez, Marcus Rashford

15. From a really really good embargoed presser:

Ole: “You see the teams who get two or three years together, they know each other, they know the relationships. As a football manager or a coach you know the more time you get to work on relations the better it will be.” #mufc

Ole: ”Then you’re a step ahead all the time instead of at the moment we maybe react too much to the opposition. We want to get to a shape on and off the ball that we’re comfortable with.” #mufc

Ole: “The fitter you are the more you can do. It’s a basic principle I’ve got. If you look at the stats over the last few years I don’t think anyone would be shocked or surprised by them. We’re going to build on their fitness.” #mufc

Ole: “We’ve got to find a way of playing – what is the best? The style here is attacking quickly, playing forward, running forward, chasing back, winning the ball back.

Ole: “We’ve got to get it right on the pitch with the ones we have. It’s not just about signing players. It’s about making sure the ones here get the maximum out of their potential, because we do have so many good players here, and that’s my job.” #mufc

Ole: “At the moment, I’m responsible for the performances. I’m the one that should get that flak if there is some.” #mufc

Ole: “We have to make sure that we are moving that way up the table and not looking over the shoulders. You’ve got Leicester, Everton, Watford, probably Newcastle, clubs that want to chase us. We have to make sure that we are ones who chase those ahead of us.” #mufc

Ole: “I’m not worried, because I know United is something players would love to experience. United will always be a dream for so many. There might be players where Champions League football (solely) matters for them, and they might not be the right people.” #mufc

Ole: “I have regular meetings with Ed, I’ve seen Joel and the owners: they are very realistic on where we are and what we want to get to and how long that will take. You don’t suddenly catch 27 points in one season, you’ve got to take it gradually.” #mufc

Ole: “You give people a chance, but sometimes, you’ve got to be ruthless and say: ‘Sorry but you had your chance.’ I’m not afraid to do that.” #mufc [MEN]

On killing a few dreams by selling players
    You say that ‘dream’ for some of them, if you show me that’s your dream I don’t think I’ll be showing them the door – that’s the thing because they’re talented enough.

You have to perform at Man Utd - and to perform you’ve got really work towards that dream and that’s what we’re doing everyday as a staff.

I’m so impressed with everyone - the coaches, the ones they really care about this and you want to see players caring, you want to see [them saying/acting]: ‘This is my dream, I’m going to do whatever it takes to', because that’s probably what they started off when they were young kids: they want to play at big clubs, they want to win trophies, and when you have that desire, drive inside yourself, you’ll be successful at a club like this.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 04/05/2019 at 11:34 PM.

16. Kieran O'Hara has won Macclesfield Town's Player of the Year, Players Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year. Another good loan spell for one of our keepers.

17. United line up vs Huddersfield
    Confirmation of today’s line up.

De Gea, Young, Shaw, Jones, Lindelof, Matic, McTominay, Pogba, Sanchez, Mata, Rashford.

Subs: Grant, Dalot, Smalling, Fred, Herrera, Chong, Pereira

18. Huddersfield look dreadful lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

19. I don't think Chong has ever impressed me at senior level. Sounds harsh as fuck, and it is, but compare with the impact someone like CHO has, even when brought on with limited mins.

20. Lmao ref is taking the piss with fergie time.

21. This will take two or three windows to sort out and thats if recruitment is done correctly. Maybe no CL football could be a blessing in disguise.
    djs1 likes this.

22. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    This will take two or three windows to sort out and thats if recruitment is done correctly. Maybe no CL football could be a blessing in disguise.
    yes mate and to be honest i think we all know we dont deserve to be in the top four.they say the table doesnt lie and i def think thats the case here

23. Lukaku nets a couple in this type of game. If we're selling him, he needs replacing. We cant go into the season with Rashford leading the line.

24. There's no hiding how mediocre we are anymore. This core of players have failed LVG, Mourinho and will fail Ole if we don't rebuild.
    djs1 likes this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Lukaku nets a couple in this type of game. If we're selling him, he needs replacing. We cant go into the season with Rashford leading the line.
    This. I mean, I love Rashford but he isn't ready to lead the line if we are going to do anything relevant.

26. So which of the youngsters will Ole play against Cardiff. After all is not as if there is anything to lose now.

27. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    There's no hiding how mediocre we are anymore. This core of players have failed LVG, Mourinho and will fail Ole if we don't rebuild.
    How many times will we "rebuild"?

28. Solskjaer: "There's definitely a chance you've seen the last of a few of these players." #MUFC

What did I miss? Missed the game traveling down to see the women at SLV lift the trophy. Quick summary please.

Put the kids in against Cardiff!

29. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Solskjaer: "There's definitely a chance you've seen the last of a few of these players." #MUFC

What did I miss? Missed the game traveling down to see the women at SLV lift the trophy. Quick summary please.

Put the kids in against Cardiff!
    You missed another disappointing but come to expect it performance from half arsed players for the moat part.

That comment you quoted by Solskjaer doesn't really tell us anything though, of course we've seen the last of a few because their contracts are expiring.

30. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    You missed another disappointing but come to expect it performance from half arsed players for the moat part.

That comment you quoted by Solskjaer doesn't really tell us anything though, of course we've seen the last of a few because their contracts are expiring.
    Just read he was specifically asked about Sanchez when he answered said quote. Thanks for the summary glad I missed it

31. What I find mind blowing is on social media people think Mourinho has been redeemed by this disaster. When in reality he had 2.5 years to rebuild the team, spend a budget of a small country and you're in a worse place than when he took over.

32. Recruitment has been utterly shite ever since Ferguson retired. It has been haphazard and there has been no clear direction to it. Worse, among the players that we have gotten, not many are leaders or even showcase the determination on the field. We definitely need new players and talent, yes, but we also need players of strong character and leaders - ones who can control a dressing room and get other players in line. That is sorely missing, and is very underrated over here. We need more characters like Herrera on the pitch (oh, and Lindelof has slowly been growing into a leader role for the defence too, often trying to organize and galvanize the players)

33. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    There's no hiding how mediocre we are anymore. This core of players have failed LVG, Mourinho and will fail Ole if we don't rebuild.
    I said this. Lukaku is the least of our worries right now.

34. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Also, since we're not getting Saul, absolutely need to keep herrera

35. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Recruitment has been utterly shite ever since Ferguson retired. It has been haphazard and there has been no clear direction to it. Worse, among the players that we have gotten, not many are leaders or even showcase the determination on the field. We definitely need new players and talent, yes, but we also need players of strong character and leaders - ones who can control a dressing room and get other players in line. That is sorely missing, and is very underrated over here. We need more characters like Herrera on the pitch (oh, and Lindelof has slowly been growing into a leader role for the defence too, often trying to organize and galvanize the players)
    It's alright Sherk, Woodward is sorting it out by getting Ferdinand in, the same guy who was quoted last year on twitter saying any top 4 club should get Ashley Williams. Bloody joke how all this is being leaked in the media, all this talk for several months and still not in place for the summer.... sigh.

I'm totally at a loss as to where we go from here, this club is rotten to the core... that's our problem and at least if we turn into a sinking ship the Glazers will go when the money dries up.

Everyone talks about a rebuild.. we'll struggle to attract the right players at the moment. Any player worth their salt won't come here.

36. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    It's alright Sherk, Woodward is sorting it out by getting Ferdinand in, the same guy who was quoted last year on twitter saying any top 4 club should get Ashley Williams. Bloody joke how all this is being leaked in the media, all this talk for several months and still not in place for the summer.... sigh.

I'm totally at a loss as to where we go from here, this club is rotten to the core... that's our problem and at least if we turn into a sinking ship the Glazers will go when the money dries up.

Everyone talks about a rebuild.. we'll struggle to attract the right players at the moment. Any player worth their salt won't come here.
    I thought you had gone?

Ferdinand hasn't been approached either so.....

37. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    What I find mind blowing is on social media people think Mourinho has been redeemed by this disaster. When in reality he had 2.5 years to rebuild the team, spend a budget of a small country and you're in a worse place than when he took over.
    So classic Mourinho right?

Tyton and Theatre of Dreams83 like this.

38. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    I thought you had gone?

Ferdinand hasn't been approached either so.....
    I took a break for a week and was tempted to not come back but thought why? We're all Unbited fans voicing an opinion and it's fine if you disagree with me or anyone else does for that matter. I just don't like it when people start to get insulting over it, we as a club are bad enough without going in on each other because of an opinion.
    Tyton, Sherkey, djs1 and 1 others like this.

39. Btw
    If Watford wins FA cup you have to play EL qualifying rounds in July.

40. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Btw
    If Watford wins FA cup you have to play EL qualifying rounds in July.
    Hope it happens in a weird way, it will mess up this ridiculously scheduled commercial preseason they have once again organised. Our preseason will not be ideal either way granted.
    Tyton and Sherkey like this.

41. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Hope it happens in a weird way, it will mess up this ridiculously scheduled commercial preseason they have once again organised. Our preseason will not be ideal either way granted.
    Yeah would probably be for the best. Get the team playing competetive matches as soon as possible, instead of a glorified marketing tour playing Bongalooloo FC on WakaFaka islands.

42. What befuddles me is giving contract extension or high wages to certain players that shoulve been moved on. Dont get me wrong Shaw is a decent player but why give him a new contact so early on in the season on high wages?. Too many players in your squad that will be hard to shift as they know no one else will pay them what they currently get. Jones, Lingard, Shaw, Rojo etc. the list goes on.

43. Modern Day Legend
    ..... Everyone talks about a rebuild.. we'll struggle to attract the right players at the moment. Any player worth their salt won't come here.
    That's not an issue as we learned a few weeks back on these here pages.

Keep up.

44. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    What befuddles me is giving contract extension or high wages to certain players that shoulve been moved on. Dont get me wrong Shaw is a decent player but why give him a new contact so early on in the season on high wages?. Too many players in your squad that will be hard to shift as they know no one else will pay them what they currently get. Jones, Lingard, Shaw, Rojo etc. the list goes on.
    Shaw has been one of the most consistent full backs in the league.

They have no intention of selling Lingard ever. Jones is on 100K which isn't much and Rojo is on his way out...

45. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    I took a break for a week and was tempted to not come back but thought why? We're all Unbited fans voicing an opinion and it's fine if you disagree with me or anyone else does for that matter. I just don't like it when people start to get insulting over it, we as a club are bad enough without going in on each other because of an opinion.
    If you read the posts it was never about disagreeing. Honestly go back and read them. Because I feel you missed the point a bit

46. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Shaw has been one of the most consistent full backs in the league.

They have no intention of selling Lingard ever. Jones is on 100K which isn't much and Rojo is on his way out...
    Compared to the the top FB in the league going forward he doesn't produce as much. What I dont get is fans calling for the likes of Young to be booted out when he is a consummate pro whos one of the few leaders you have and is happy being a squad member. Would you get rid of Martial is the question i'd like to know?

47. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Player ins will take care of themselves. Player outs are what concern, as they impact the ins. First and foremost, the fitness and intensity of the current side needs to go up about 5 notches. It doesn't matter who you bring in if that doesn't change

48. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Compared to the the top FB in the league going forward he doesn't produce as much. What I dont get is fans calling for the likes of Young to be booted out when he is a consummate pro whos one of the few leaders you have and is happy being a squad member. Would you get rid of Martial is the question i'd like to know?
    He creates a fair amount. He can't do much more if the lads in front play like shite, you don't get assists if your players don't score . Shaw is great and isn't a problem at all.

Wouldnt get rid of Martial either. Fans over react madly when it comes to football.

49. Martial needs a good kick in the ass.

How was Chong? Missed 2nd half.

50. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Martial needs a good kick in the ass.

How was Chong? Missed 2nd half.
    im sure some will bash him a bit but i thought he looked a threat and was unlucky not to score.Think hes still very raw but definitely has the potential imo,needs more minutes whether at OT or elsewhere on loan

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO