Like Tree39093Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. well as shit as we have been there is allways aftv and chill trust fam

  2. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    I thought you had gone?
    You see it all the time Mike. On forums and online team games.



    Then they are back a few days later with their tail between their legs.
    Attached Images  

  3. Wouldn't get rid of Shaw at all. He has been pretty good, plus, even if we do need an upgrade on him, I'm not sure we can afford it this summer. Rojo, Darmian, Sanchez, Valencia should be the players we are moving on. Herrera, we should try to retain, but I'm not very hopeful. Leaving us with a CB, RB, RW and maybe a CM to get.

    I'm more curious to see who throws their toys out of the pram. I'm expecting Lukaku and Pogba to demand moves away, and if we agree to move them on, then add two more players to the list above. Still want to keep DDG, and expect him to sign an extension//

    I don't know about the quality of players coming through, I still do feel we can get in good players, but either ways, we really need to improve whatever players we do get so that they reach the WC level.

  4. Poor lad. And the pundit at the end is spot on! https://twitter.com/sophricho/status...870529536?s=21

  5. Saw this on r/devils.

    Congratulations Deano!

    https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/c..._championship/

    Also won some of there other awards.

  6. Tuanzebe vs Norwich at the weekend https://youtu.be/llFkn6YIg1M

  7. Shaw being sold is a non-discussion. Think if I was in a scenario in which I could sign 8 XI players, he’d be one of the 3 that’d survive.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Tuanzebe vs Norwich at the weekend https://youtu.be/llFkn6YIg1M
    We should be looking at getting him back into the squad next season considering the amount of defenders we are trying to ship out. Obviously depending on how Villa do in the playoff's. If they go up, want to keep him and will play him every week then let him stay there.

  9. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    We should be looking at getting him back into the squad next season considering the amount of defenders we are trying to ship out. Obviously depending on how Villa do in the playoff's. If they go up, want to keep him and will play him every week then let him stay there.
    We need one top class defender, to partner Lindelof. Smalling, Bailly back ups. So could sell one and bring him in. But if he's in the premier league next season, I'd be happy with him at Villa playing every week
    steveorobbo likes this.

  10. He will go on tour imo. But I agree if Villa go up then I will be delighted if he stays there one more season to showcase his skills in the prem. Not sure what’s gonna happen on the CB from this Summer. Unless one more plus Rojo leaves I can’t see us signing one. Think Bailly might get shipped out to bring one in.

  11. Is it true all players get 25% wage deduction if not in CL? Hope it is, these players deserve that.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Is it true all players get 25% wage deduction if not in CL? Hope it is, these players deserve that.
    Not seen anyone reliable mention this. Lol why would any agent or player even agree to this.

  13. Think there were rumours that Sanchez and Pogba have it in their contract. Not sure how reliable these were, mind.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Think there were rumours that Sanchez and Pogba have it in their contract. Not sure how reliable these were, mind.
    Yeah I read that also was from Ogden but have been told many times he has been shit for Utd news since Moyes left. And I don’t remember seeing him in any Utd pressers on Mutv.

  15. I'm still fuming from that Huddersfield result tbh guys, yes I'm holding back for obvious reasons. This was still an opportunity to get in top 4 and we just thrown it away once again. Just totally unforgivable, this Huddersfield side is championship quality and has been trampled by everyone in the top 6 until we turned up. Hope we play youth against Cardiff, the less I see of these senior players right now the better.

    We deserve Europa League and everything that goes along with it next season, I'm really annoyed with this team.
    Sherkey likes this.

  16. The only thing ive seen regarding losing money is Adidas taking a percentage of the sponsorship if we aren't in the CL. Not sure if it only kicks in after consecutive seasons or not or if its all BS.

  17. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    The only thing ive seen regarding losing money is Adidas taking a percentage of the sponsorship if we aren't in the CL. Not sure if it only kicks in after consecutive seasons or not or if its all BS.
    Consecutive seasons.
    steveorobbo likes this.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    We need one top class defender, to partner Lindelof. Smalling, Bailly back ups. So could sell one and bring him in. But if he's in the premier league next season, I'd be happy with him at Villa playing every week
    anyone but jones as backup tbh,painful to watch him at times yesterday and to think hes been given a new long term contract!
    steveorobbo likes this.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    anyone but jones as backup tbh,painful to watch him at times yesterday and to think hes been given a new long term contract!
    Jones has contract to 2023 with an option to extend. He ain't going nowhere? I mean who would wanna buy him?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by RedUnited View Post
    Jones has contract to 2023 with an option to extend. He ain't going nowhere? I mean who would wanna buy him?
    exactly what im saying!whoever agreed to give him that needs a stern talking to just doesnt make sense.I mean has he ever looked like he could make it here long term??
    RedUnited likes this.

  21. A lot of talk from pundits about building a team around pogba but will he really wan to stay for europa league football?only time will tell but my heart and head both say he would jump if real come calling
    Last edited by djs1; 06/05/2019 at 07:38 PM.
    RedUnited likes this.

  22. I thought the Jones contract was just the club acting smart and securing a good fee for him, but if he's part of this 'British core' ideology crap then to hell with it. We'll know by the end of the summer.


    Could easily recoup 40M-ish for Jones and Rojo. If Liverpool can oversell their crap to the lower sides, then I'm sure we can sell experienced Internationals under 30 for a decent combined fee. Only issue would probably be wages.
    Munroe, Sherkey, RedUnited and 1 others like this.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    I thought the Jones contract was just the club acting smart and securing a good fee for him, but if he's part of this 'British core' ideology crap then to hell with it. We'll know by the end of the summer.


    Could easily recoup 40M-ish for Jones and Rojo. If Liverpool can oversell their crap to the lower sides, then I'm sure we can sell experienced Internationals under 30 for a decent combined fee. Only issue would probably be wages.
    Hopefully one of the ones Ole was talking about not being here after the Huddlesfield game.

  24. View image on Twitter

    USFA Management (Anthony Martial’s Agency) IG: “Criticism is easy, the truth on the field #MUFC



    WTF!! His people want to shut the feck up tbh. Times reporting Ole is getting tired of Martial and his attitude lately and will be completely dropped for the last game for Greenwood.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    View image on Twitter

    USFA Management (Anthony Martial’s Agency) IG: “Criticism is easy, the truth on the field #MUFC



    WTF!! His people want to shut the feck up tbh. Times reporting Ole is getting tired of Martial and his attitude lately and will be completely dropped for the last game for Greenwood.
    hes another that can go if some 1 makes a very nice offer

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    View image on Twitter

    USFA Management (Anthony Martial’s Agency) IG: “Criticism is easy, the truth on the field #MUFC



    WTF!! His people want to shut the feck up tbh. Times reporting Ole is getting tired of Martial and his attitude lately and will be completely dropped for the last game for Greenwood.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Martial has played a fair few games as a forward unlike the other 3.... Naturally his 'team' want him to look good so they only use the stats that prove that.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Martial has played a fair few games as a forward unlike the other 3.... Naturally his 'team' want him to look good so they only use the stats that prove that.
    His team should pipe down and advise there player to pull his head out. Especially after getting that bumper contract he wanted!

  28. Comparing goal returns of wingers from the era of 4-4-2 flat widemen to 4-3-3 high inside forwards is also a tad deceiving.

  29. Despite all the noise, I don't want to lose Martial, especially if his attitude can be improved upon. I'd rather keep him, thanks, we have a hard enough job as it is. Although, he is an extremely frustrating player, yes.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Despite all the noise, I don't want to lose Martial, especially if his attitude can be improved upon. I'd rather keep him, thanks, we have a hard enough job as it is. Although, he is an extremely frustrating player, yes.
    Agree we defo need to keep him. He’s top class but he really needs an attitude adjustment. Like you said we already have enough on as it is. Ideally we keep Pogba aswell but he needs to decide ASAP if he really wants to stay or not. Big reset at this club coming this Summer hopefully!

  31. A few reports this morning that we are looking at Daniel James (20/21?) absolutely rapid to footed winger from Swansea. Scored some cracking goals this season. And gave City an absolute torrid time in the cup. Reminds me of bale when he’s in full flight.

    https://youtu.be/ZeoIxqTWfK0
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 07/05/2019 at 01:07 PM.

  32. Plus wingers should be the providers for the strikers not the ones scoring the goals.
    Assist record doesn't make for such good reading
    Martial: 18
    Giggs: 32
    Beckham: 45
    Ronaldo:22

  33. Elanga was MOTM vs France getting on the score sheet twice for Sweden. Been fantastic this season!

    https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status...293408768?s=21

    https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status...661083136?s=21

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Agree we defo need to keep him. He’s top class but he really needs an attitude adjustment. Like you said we already have enough on as it is. Ideally we keep Pogba aswell but he needs to decide ASAP if he really wants to stay or not. Big reset at this club coming this Summer hopefully!
    Martial really needs to get rid of his advisors and knuckle down, keeping him for one more season wouldn't be the end of the world as he has the ability just not the work ethos, Pogba is the same to be honest his ego is being fed by the agents and other 'clingons'.

  35. Really like the look of the James chap after watching some Swansea match highlights. Like I said 2 footed absolute rapid winger. Can play either side has a good cross and seems to score different goals. In the last year of his contract and looking for a move. Just broke into the Welsh national team scoring the winner vs Slovakia. Getting rave reviews from Giggsy. At 10m reported fee could be an interesting one.

  36. To be fair, I can *SORT* of see where he's coming from. He had such a rocky 3 years under Mourinho after carrying our club on his back as a teenager under LvG, many would say harshly treated, and probably thought he saw the back of that in December when he was sacked - and then Ole reportedly outed him in front of the entire squad after a bad result recently.

    He probably felt he needs to start hitting back and show he won't stand for it this time. It's all perspective.

    The answer usually lays between; his talent should be respected a little more by Ole & his team, who seem to prefer local lad Rashford with their "British core" 'brexit means brexit' ideology, but Martial should work a little harder too.

  37. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Plus wingers should be the providers for the strikers not the ones scoring the goals. .....
    They need to be a duel threat in today's high scoring, attacking game at the very top level.

    Games evolved.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Really like the look of the James chap after watching some Swansea match highlights. Like I said 2 footed absolute rapid winger. Can play either side has a good cross and seems to score different goals. In the last year of his contract and looking for a move. Just broke into the Welsh national team scoring the winner vs Slovakia. Getting rave reviews from Giggsy. At 10m reported fee could be an interesting one.
    Fffff Swansea. If all the reports are to believed We had this deal agreed with club and contract done with James. But on last day Swansea basically ignored and the deal fell trough...

    Lad is crazy speed, but defo needs better finishing and movement, for this he needs more gametime. Also he plays on left side mostly so dont know how he would fit your team.

  39. 2 goals ?
    2 assists ?
    2nd #PL app ?


    @ManUtd striker @_MasonGreenwood wins #PL2 Player of the Month after an outstanding April


    #PLAwards

  40. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Plus wingers should be the providers for the strikers not the ones scoring the goals.
    Assist record doesn't make for such good reading
    Martial: 18
    Giggs: 32
    Beckham: 45
    Ronaldo:22
    Classical wingers don't really exist anymore. Giggs and Beckham were both classical wingers, their assist record will always be good (that their scoring record was good as well is more due to them being monsters than anything else).

    Ronaldo and Martial are both inside-forwards. Don't really cross, they both prefer to cut in. But yes, in agreement with what Scouse said on principle, wingers need to do both in today's game (but there will always be room for a specialist in any squad (think of a Beckham with his cross)).

    In that light, Martial's record is adequate. Problem is, that is all he seems to be trying for - adequacy. He has the potential to be WC, but has his sights set on adequacy. Definitely want to keep Martial this season, iron out those chinks, and get him back to performing at his best (I still maintain, he is probably the only player we have who can dribble as well at close quarters). But if it still doesn't work out, maybe sell on next season//

  41. God just watching those first few months under Ole. Boy we was flying playing great stuff! Really looking forward to see the evolution in pre season with regards to squad and especially fitness. Really was a joy to watch. Also just reminding me how good tactically Ole was especially in the bigger games.

  42. We can't sell Martial because simply we don't have a backup LW. Talk about a thin squad.

  43. Martial, to me, is like the 2nd coming of Luis Nani. Talented AF but inconsistent AF as well.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    steveorobbo likes this.

  44. Laughed a little more than I probably should have at this

    https://twitter.com/Sjhmcfc/status/1120287595471278080

  45. For me all our players in first team fit in one of two main categories right now: -

    A) Good enough but doesn't have the right attitude.

    B) Not good enough but does have the right attitude.

    Martial fits firmly in category A for example and someone like Phil Jones in category B.

    --------------

    How the flying fuck did we not manage to score a goal against that Barca team over two legs??? They are painfully average. If we had of played with any real intensity or tempo at OT would have beat them.

    Bloody hell, right now we could actually do well to look at the Liverpool model and start actually adopting it They are not a squad full of world-class players, but have team identity and a work-rate to match week in, week out. Fair play to them.

  46. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    For me all our players in first team fit in one of two main categories right now: -

    A) Good enough but doesn't have the right attitude.

    B) Not good enough but does have the right attitude.

    Martial fits firmly in category A for example and someone like Phil Jones in category B.

    --------------

    How the flying fuck did we not manage to score a goal against that Barca team over two legs??? They are painfully average. If we had of played with any real intensity or tempo at OT would have beat them.

    Bloody hell, right now we could actually do well to look at the Liverpool model and start actually adopting it They are not a squad full of world-class players, but have team identity and a work-rate to match week in, week out. Fair play to them.
    It's almost like that what Ole has been saying since the start, and that's what hes trying to do with regards to mentality and signings. But you don't want him

  47. "Good artists copy, great artists steal" - what's Željko Buva? up to these days? Heard he has some bad blood with Klopp

  48. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    It's almost like that what Ole has been saying since the start, and that's what hes trying to do with regards to mentality and signings. But you don't want him
    I want to be proven wrong but right now all I see is an underwhelming window with a couple of signings at best and more of the same next season. Which will lead to his demise because the board have set him up to fail. Hope I'm wrong about this and he gets a team that is willing to put in the shift, right now it will take way more than a couple of players though.

  49. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    I want to be proven wrong but right now all I see is an underwhelming window with a couple of signings at best and more of the same next season. Which will lead to his demise because the board have set him up to fail. Hope I'm wrong about this and he gets a team that is willing to put in the shift, right now it will take way more than a couple of players though.
    See this is your problem. I would bet 100 pounds you've have said the same about Klopp and his first season. You have absolutely zero patience for what you actually want. Ferguson would have been sacked with fans like you back then. It's going to take multiple windows and a couple of seasons. Not just of signings, but coaching and growth. If you can't accept that, then genuinely find another club to support, because it's not going to happen any other way

  50. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    See this is your problem. I would bet 100 pounds you've have said the same about Klopp and his first season. You have absolutely zero patience for what you actually want. Ferguson would have been sacked with fans like you back then. It's going to take multiple windows and a couple of seasons. Not just of signings, but coaching and growth. If you can't accept that, then genuinely find another club to support, because it's not going to happen any other way
    I'm not blaming Solskjaer though if he doesn't get the tools he needs, that's what I'm saying. When I say that I anticipate an underwhelming summer with a couple of signings, that's not his fault... that will be Woodward screwing up once again.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO