Like Tree39085Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    I'm not blaming Solskjaer though if he doesn't get the tools he needs, that's what I'm saying. When I say that I anticipate an underwhelming summer with a couple of signings, that's not his fault... that will be Woodward screwing up once again.
    Whywon't we just wait and see. That's what I'm talking about. We had no new signings and also tore teams apart for a while. It's going to be about way more than new faces

  2. Wonder what’s gonna happen with Pogba and the rest of Raiola clients?

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Whywon't we just wait and see. That's what I'm talking about. We had no new signings and also tore teams apart for a while. It's going to be about way more than new faces
    might be a bit of an extreme word to use but the club needs to be cleansed from top to bottom.we need some clear thinking with everyone pulling in the same direction.The way theyve been operating is a bit old hat and its one of the reasons we are lagging behind the top 5.Would love to see an early signing announced but like mike says there are so many issues to sort

  4. What do we think about Donny van de Beek? Seems like a good player.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    What do we think about Donny van de Beek? Seems like a good player.
    Good tidy player. Would be a good squad option. He’s more of an attacking CM. Not really what we need.

  6. ziyech looks pretty useful too!low release clause is a bonus also

  7. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    ziyech looks pretty useful too!low release clause is a bonus also
    I would so have him as RW. Good dribbling incredible work rate. Very technical and a good passer. And quick enough. 25m yes please!
    djs1 likes this.

  8. What’s people’s preferred formation for next season. Wanna go back to 433 or stick with the diamond for most parts?

  9. i dont mind any as long as it looks like we know what the fuck we are doing

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    i dont mind any as long as it looks like we know what the fuck we are doing
    True lol. I know tactical flexibility is important just wondering what people thought. Could effect our transfer business also. Couldn’t go wrong with Meunier, Toby, Ziyech for about 80m!
    djs1 likes this.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    True lol. I know tactical flexibility is important just wondering what people thought. Could effect our transfer business also. Couldn’t go wrong with Meunier, Toby, Ziyech for about 80m!
    To be fair, I don't think any of the Ajax players would fit at United. They just wouldn't be able to play at their full potential.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by lxl Ra lxl View Post
    To be fair, I don't think any of the Ajax players would fit at United. They just wouldn't be able to play at their full potential.
    Well that doesn’t make any sense and is rather stupid. Might as well not sign anyone then!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Well that doesn’t make any sense and is rather stupid. Might as well not sign anyone then!
    Why? These clubs just totally have 2 different philosophies. The way they play is so much different and you guys will get so frustrated by Ziyech, because he wastes a lot of chances (however creates a lot aswell). That is why he'd fit with a team which will be playing around the opponents box a lot and/or who are gegenpressing.

    A Van de Beek could fit United (but I think he'd fit nearly all teams), but he'll need 1 more year at Ajax to make the step conveniently. A Neres would fit aswell. He might look sometimes a bit dreamy (his face), but would actually be really good for United. He's fast, direct, has a dribble and produces a lot of assists and goals.

    If you want a recent example ToD: Blind was not good enough for United, but with Ajax he thrives in the CL. It is because of the different playstyle.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by lxl Ra lxl View Post
    Why? These clubs just totally have 2 different philosophies. The way they play is so much different and you guys will get so frustrated by Ziyech, because he wastes a lot of chances (however creates a lot aswell). That is why he'd fit with a team which will be playing around the opponents box a lot and/or who are gegenpressing.

    A Van de Beek could fit United (but I think he'd fit nearly all teams), but he'll need 1 more year at Ajax to make the step conveniently. A Neres would fit aswell. He might look sometimes a bit dreamy (his face), but would actually be really good for United. He's fast, direct, has a dribble and produces a lot of assists and goals.

    If you want a recent example ToD: Blind was not good enough for United, but with Ajax he thrives in the CL. It is because of the different playstyle.
    Blind was good enough for Utd and should not have been sold. Can’t remember him having many bad games maybe a couple tops. Ziyech would be perfect. Works hard ready for the step up and like you says creates lots of chances. We create naff all lol especially from the right. CM is the most important for me. Well after sorting the fitness out. We need to start controlling games again!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by lxl Ra lxl View Post
    Why? These clubs just totally have 2 different philosophies. The way they play is so much different and you guys will get so frustrated by Ziyech, because he wastes a lot of chances (however creates a lot aswell). That is why he'd fit with a team which will be playing around the opponents box a lot and/or who are gegenpressing.

    A Van de Beek could fit United (but I think he'd fit nearly all teams), but he'll need 1 more year at Ajax to make the step conveniently. A Neres would fit aswell. He might look sometimes a bit dreamy (his face), but would actually be really good for United. He's fast, direct, has a dribble and produces a lot of assists and goals.

    If you want a recent example ToD: Blind was not good enough for United, but with Ajax he thrives in the CL. It is because of the different playstyle.
    Blind was the beating heart of LVG's United. He didn't fit Morinho's philosophy, as the manager himself told before even the start of the season.

    And to be fair the only consistent performer we had over the last 4 seasons is De Gea. It shows how fcking clueless wr have been.

  16. De Ligt, Van de Beek, Ziyech, David Neres. Each one of them would improve our squad. Hell, i'd even take Tadic.

  17. Btw, Pocchetino did a hell of a job at Tottenham. May be a few managers in his level, but no one above him right now.
    RhQQ likes this.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    Btw, Pocchetino did a hell of a job at Tottenham. May be a few managers in his level, but no one above him right now.
    Don't rub it in mate. We all all want/wanted him
    brunoh likes this.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Don't rub it in mate. We all all want/wanted him
    stop fucking crying about it move on

  20. I'm trying, but the tears keep coming out
    brunoh likes this.

  21. Mehn, if Poch wins the UCL, I'm gonna kicking myself all night.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  22. Why exactly are we crying about it? The Board probably tried for Poch, but maybe couldn't get him. Plus, he may not have wanted to leave then, and there was no guarantee he would do so once the season got over.

    Wait that long, and then you are already four steps behind the market when it opens, because you have to appoint the coach then, and then figure out his targets and playing style and move on. Could have been more suicidal, especially considering we already seem to be a step behind anyway.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by lxl Ra lxl View Post
    Why? These clubs just totally have 2 different philosophies. The way they play is so much different and you guys will get so frustrated by Ziyech, because he wastes a lot of chances (however creates a lot aswell). That is why he'd fit with a team which will be playing around the opponents box a lot and/or who are gegenpressing.

    A Van de Beek could fit United (but I think he'd fit nearly all teams), but he'll need 1 more year at Ajax to make the step conveniently. A Neres would fit aswell. He might look sometimes a bit dreamy (his face), but would actually be really good for United. He's fast, direct, has a dribble and produces a lot of assists and goals.

    If you want a recent example ToD: Blind was not good enough for United, but with Ajax he thrives in the CL. It is because of the different playstyle.
    I believe you've just contradicted yourself here. You said no Ajax player would be suitable for United but, here you've just said Van de Beek and Neres would fit! Make your mind up!
    lxl Ra lxl likes this.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I believe you've just contradicted yourself here. You said no Ajax player would be suitable for United but, here you've just said Van de Beek and Neres would fit! Make your mind up!
    True, I said I don't think they'll reach their full potential there. They might still do a decent job. Then I thought about it 2 more minutes and thought those 2 would actually fit. I'm not afraid to change my mind

  25. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    Btw, Pocchetino did a hell of a job at Tottenham. May be a few managers in his level, but no one above him right now.
    I can think of two that are the ‘small’ matter of 8 and 9 wins above him currently.

    One with little more resources on incomings than he’s had.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    I can think of two that are the ‘small’ matter of 8 and 9 wins above him currently.

    One with little more resources on incomings than he’s had.
    Little more?

  27. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Little more?
    Think its around £21 million isn’t it all told?

  28. Highly doubt Aldiweireld is even an option now for us, he's not going to leave Spurs to come here now we're not in CL. He'll have plenty of offers elsewhere anyway.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Think its around £21 million isn’t it all told?
    Way more recently, in the time Spurs have signed Lucas Moura you've signed Van Dijk, Keita, Fabinho, Allisson....... no comparison really.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Think its around £21 million isn’t it all told?

    Netspend last 5 years. 19th... insane.


  31. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Way more recently, in the time Spurs have signed Lucas Moura you've signed Van Dijk, Keita, Fabinho, Allisson....... no comparison really.
    The point still stands that this frugal Tottenham team is little different to Liverpool's. How he's chosen to spend the money is irrelevant but there's still on a £21 million or so difference.

    Outside of the last two windows, we had a negative spend every one under Klopp.
    Last edited by Scouseinthehouse; 09/05/2019 at 01:03 PM.

  32. Daley Blind showing why you guys probably sold him with that second half performance. He was bullied by Llorente couldn't hack the physicality of the PL and it showed.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Daley Blind showing why you guys probably sold him with that second half performance. He was bullied by Llorente couldn't hack the physicality of the PL and it showed.
    He was virtually never exposed for his physical shortcomings in almost 100 appearances in the PL, including consistently pocketing Lukaku among others. Was so, so good at playing to the percentages and knowing how to avoid wrestling matches, foot races etc. whilst still containing CF's. So are we really going to ignore all of that in favour of coming to rash, recency-bias-filled conclusions based on one half of football?

    He was sold by Jose because he was 1.80 and slow. He wasn't interested in how he compensated it, he was always going to be just small and slow in his eyes. Maybe instead of crying about how he had nobody to build from the back to be able to play like Spurs/Liverpool/City, he should've kept & used Blind more, huh?
    Mike., dilakh2, Munroe and 1 others like this.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    He was virtually never exposed for his physical shortcomings in almost 100 appearances in the PL, including consistently pocketing Lukaku among others. Was so, so good at playing to the percentages and knowing how to avoid wrestling matches, foot races etc. whilst still containing CF's. So are we really going to ignore all of that in favour of coming to rash, recency-bias-filled conclusions based on one half of football?

    He was sold by Jose because he was 1.80 and slow. He wasn't interested in how he compensated it, he was always going to be just small and slow in his eyes. Maybe instead of crying about how he had nobody to build from the back to be able to play like Spurs/Liverpool/City, he should've kept & used Blind more, huh?
    If you say so you've watched him more than I have so i'll take your word on it. Although what's happened with Bailey he was one of the standout CB in his debut season and now out of favour?

  35. Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, Garner, O’Connor, Levitt & Puigmal all in first-team training this week
    djs1 likes this.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    If you say so you've watched him more than I have so i'll take your word on it. Although what's happened with Bailey he was one of the standout CB in his debut season and now out of favour?
    He never really recovered from that knee injury. It all went downhill from there.
    dilakh2 likes this.

  37. Central Coast Mariners have said today they are still waiting for talks to finish between Phelan and Utd about the Directors role.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    If you say so you've watched him more than I have so i'll take your word on it. Although what's happened with Bailey he was one of the standout CB in his debut season and now out of favour?
    In terms of ability, he should be up there with the best by now. In terms of decision making (and possibly IQ in general), he's not helped his case. Losing runners/not being switched on (e.g. PSG 1st leg), nonsensical lunges, etc. Possibly confidence related too.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    The point still stands that this frugal Tottenham team is little different to Liverpool's. How he's chosen to spend the money is irrelevant but there's still on a £21 million or so difference.

    Outside of the last two windows, we had a negative spend every one under Klopp.
    You have bought and shuffled more players. Yes in fact there are morons who buy Bentekes(30mil) and Couthinios(140mil), that has been good edge for you. Add to the fact like you say players want to join Pool more than other clubs.

    Lets not forget that they just build new stadium also. This would risk and effect every club financial.

    But I have already understand that anything Spurs does wont be accepted by Pool fans(read enough topics in Pool reddit, other forum topics)

  40. Modern Day Legend
    L'pool have bought more what now?

    I think you'll find we haven't.

    It's plain facts Bujakaa. This is no anti-Pochettino/ 'Spurs thing.

  41. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    He was virtually never exposed for his physical shortcomings in almost 100 appearances in the PL, including consistently pocketing Lukaku among others. Was so, so good at playing to the percentages and knowing how to avoid wrestling matches, foot races etc. whilst still containing CF's. So are we really going to ignore all of that in favour of coming to rash, recency-bias-filled conclusions based on one half of football?

    He was sold by Jose because he was 1.80 and slow. He wasn't interested in how he compensated it, he was always going to be just small and slow in his eyes. Maybe instead of crying about how he had nobody to build from the back to be able to play like Spurs/Liverpool/City, he should've kept & used Blind more, huh?
    This. The kind of intelligent defender Solskjaer would kill for right now.

    He would probably be playing DM for us

  42. I disagree. Part of me believes LVG's structure masked Blind's deficiency (for the most part) just as it did for Mike Smalling. He hasn't looked like the same player since then.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  43. how reliable a source is ian mcgarry?claims a fee has been agreed for dybala.Not one to believe anything i read but thought id ask

  44. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Netspend last 5 years. 19th... insane.

    180m less.. damn.

  45. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    how reliable a source is ian mcgarry?claims a fee has been agreed for dybala.Not one to believe anything i read but thought id ask
    Baldy Egg head was saying the same all weekend. Would be happy but not believing anything.
    djs1 likes this.

  46. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Also Spurs' finances cant be compared to Liverpool, let alone the Manchester clubs. They are by far the "paupers" of the top 6. when you look at the overall finanical numbers, its not even up for debate

  47. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Also Spurs' finances cant be compared to Liverpool, let alone the Manchester clubs. They are by far the "paupers" of the top 6. when you look at the overall finanical numbers, its not even up for debate
    They have just posted record profits for any football club in history. And earned upwards of £90 million for the run to Madrid so they're moving up there. Which will be boosted further next year after the first year the new ground.

    But regardless, absolutely. Which I, for one, wasn't doing.
    Last edited by Scouseinthehouse; 09/05/2019 at 03:44 PM.

  48. MEN poll suggests the fans think vic lindelof should be our player of the year.sounds about right doesnt it?i think shaw performed well certainly his best season for us overall and i do really like mctominay but hasnt featured that much.

  49. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    MEN poll suggests the fans think vic lindelof should be our player of the year.sounds about right doesnt it?i think shaw performed well certainly his best season for us overall and i do really like mctominay but hasnt featured that much.
    Fair call, actually. He improved massively under Solskjaer, and hasn't dropped off. Hell, one part of the CB conundrum is done, just need to find him a reliable partner. Honestly, if we can get Alderweireld, I would be happy.

    Also, ecstatic at Dybala if it happens (not that I have my hopes high. Have a stinking feeling Madrid or someone else will be in for him). Kicker will be if Juve manage to get Joao Felix, Dybala will be forced to move. He is the kind of forward almost any manager would crave - a creator as well as a scorer//

  50. Quote Originally Posted by lxl Ra lxl View Post
    True, I said I don't think they'll reach their full potential there. They might still do a decent job. Then I thought about it 2 more minutes and thought those 2 would actually fit. I'm not afraid to change my mind
    At last someone who is willing to admit on reflection things aren't always what they first seem. There are too many round here who aren't flexible enough to do that.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO