Like Tree38859Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Didn’t watch. How did the youngsters get on? Literally a nothing game and people still losing there shit lol!
    Because we were shit. People are entitled to lose their shit at this point, ToD. I'm completely on-board with Mike's point, mind, just that our players have been disgraceful, and I'm not talking about their form, but their mentality. They have just given up.

I'm still cautioning patience regarding transfers, and patience regarding Ole, in giving him a proper pre-season. But that still doesn't excuse the shit performance that our current team have been turning up. Gah. This is beyond them being fried out with high pressing and low conditioning. This is them not giving a fuck. And that, no matter where, is unacceptable.
    Mike. and zzeezzy like this.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Didn’t watch. How did the youngsters get on? Literally a nothing game and people still losing there shit lol!
    Thats the problem. The players treating it like a nothing game. Did the Cardiff players do that? We could have gone 5th if Arsenal didnt win. Huddersfield wasnt a nothing game. They was relegated. We needed to win. Two games in a row against already relegated teams and we lose both and you think thats acceptable because its a nothing game?
    Mike. and Sherkey like this.

3. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Because we were shit. People are entitled to lose their shit at this point, ToD. I'm completely on-board with Mike's point, mind, just that our players have been disgraceful, and I'm not talking about their form, but their mentality. They have just given up.

I'm still cautioning patience regarding transfers, and patience regarding Ole, in giving him a proper pre-season. But that still doesn't excuse the shit performance that our current team have been turning up. Gah. This is beyond them being fried out with high pressing and low conditioning. This is them not giving a fuck. And that, no matter where, is unacceptable.
    It's a send off, at home. Its never a nothing game that either. Forget Dof, transfers, fix the mentailty first
    Sherkey and djs1 like this.

4. It’s just funny last since the Cardiff match 99% of people have been. Pointless match, not gonna bother watching, end the season now, I’m done blah blah. Then the same people are losing there shit over stuff we was all expecting. If anyone thought the players were gonna put on a dominant performance or whatever or be any different then more fool then we’ve known for a while they couldn’t give a toss and likely won’t be here.

Yes the players should give a shit but they haven’t for weeks. Totally agree with Mikes points! They have all been warned! And Ole will have seen enough now and most likely told a lot of these they won’t be here. And the ones that are told there staying have no excuses!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    It’s just funny last since the Cardiff match 99% of people have been. Pointless match, not gonna bother watching, end the season now, I’m done blah blah. Then the same people are losing there shit over stuff we was all expecting. If anyone thought the players were gonna put on a dominant performance or whatever or be any different then more fool then we’ve known for a while they couldn’t give a toss and likely won’t be here.

Yes the players should give a shit but they haven’t for weeks. Totally agree with Mikes points! They have all been warned! And Ole will have seen enough now and most likely told a lot of these they won’t be here. And the ones that are told there staying have no excuses!
    They should be sacked, if I don't turn up and do my job to a good level then that would happen.

If we beat Huddersfield and Cardiff then we finish 4th... it's pathetic how much we screwed our season. So many second chances as well, this club let alone team needs a total revamp.

6. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    They should be sacked, if I don't turn up and do my job to a good level then that would happen.

If we beat Huddersfield and Cardiff then we finish 4th... it's pathetic how much we screwed our season. So many second chances as well, this club let alone team needs a total revamp.
    Yep. Role on the Summer/Pre season where we shall start getting an indicator of what to expect.

Anyways know told me how Greenwood, Gomes, Garner played?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yep. Role on the Summer/Pre season where we shall start getting an indicator of what to expect.

Greenwood was the brightest of the team, didn't see much of the others.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post

I only seen the first half. Greenwood had a couple of good chances. One header one on one with the keeper that was saved. Should really have done better with the chance but not gonna get on his back. Pereira was absolute shite. If he is Herrera's replacement we are in trouble.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    We have the players to do that. The issue is that they havent done it anywhere near enough. You can't solve everything by moaning about transfers.

This isn't football manager lads. We could buy 6 new players, but if the mentality and conditioning of the whole side doesnt change then it means shit.

The one big plus is that we have a manager who actually coaches. A lot of work to be done. And I suspect plenty of players will be seeing the door
    I don't see eye to eye with you in this point. It's irrelevant if we have the players to do that in the first team, since the point being made is about how deep is their squad and about how they made a proper job of building a balanced squad with a lot of competition in each position.

The argument about FM is mistaken. If this was Football Manager, given how much we have spent to build this squad, we would suck at it. Again: this squad is far from being cheap, and the quality doesn't match the amount of money we spent in it.

In the end, this is not an argument about signing 6 more players, tho we sure need it: it's about how clueless we are in the market. We can have any manager in the world, if we keep buying mediocrity for the price of wc quality, it will be a long road back to the top.

10. Thanks guys. Happy Greenwood played well in a shite team performance. Seems he had a couple of good effort near injury time. Glad to see Gomes get some mins. Also happy to see the back of this lot. No way is Periera the replacement for Herrera.

11. Missed the game but seen the reports, all I can say is so much for playing the youth today! At least if the youngsters had played there may have been some excuse for the shambles. This lot of over paid ponces would even look out of place playing in the Conference. That said if they can get rid of certain toxic elements, plus make them work on their fitness over the close season and beast them in pre-season then maybe some respectability will return. Continue playing as they have been for much of the season then even the Europa Cup maybe a pipe dream.

12. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    I don't see eye to eye with you in this point. It's irrelevant if we have the players to do that in the first team, since the point being made is about how deep is their squad and about how they made a proper job of building a balanced squad with a lot of competition in each position.

The argument about FM is mistaken. If this was Football Manager, given how much we have spent to build this squad, we would suck at it. Again: this squad is far from being cheap, and the quality doesn't match the amount of money we spent in it.

In the end, this is not an argument about signing 6 more players, tho we sure need it: it's about how clueless we are in the market. We can have any manager in the world, if we keep buying mediocrity for the price of wc quality, it will be a long road back to the top.
    I'm not bothered if you dont see eye to eye. The issue isnt squad depth here. The issue is the whole squad simply not playing well enough full stop. Transfers at this point are completely secondary

13. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    I'm not bothered if you dont see eye to eye. The issue isnt squad depth here. The issue is the whole squad simply not playing well enough full stop. Transfers at this point are completely secondary
    When this group of players have played consistently well to sugest that they can take us to, say, a title challenge? Mind you, i'm not talking about selling everyone in the squad. I strongly believe that we need good competition in every position and that we need some elite players to raise our level. This squad's depth is so thin we have players with no direct substitute, and that's laughable if we consider how much we've spent.

14. It doesn't matter if we had the same players as City. If they can't be arsed, then it simply doesn't matter. Whereas, if you can motivate the players, then even an average bunch can romp to the title (and hell, we have seen it with Fergie and his final season - hell, many of his seasons). You need players with the right mentality. That's the majority problem with the players we have - the ones with the right mentality aren't influential enough, and the influential ones are turning out to be toxic.

I do agree with your point, mind, that we need more depth. Not denying that. But we need to fix their mentality first. The reason why Ronaldo and Messi are revered till date whenever they play (beyond the superhuman ability) is the mentality to not give up and try to win each and every single thing. That, is badly missing, and no matter what depth you get, if that isn't fixed, we are royally screwed.

Honestly, what the squad needs now is a swift kick up the arse. And the willingness to enforce the message, no matter who. If Pogba doesn't give a fuck, don't play him. Sends a message, which is more important.
    Mike. likes this.

15. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    It doesn't matter if we had the same players as City. If they can't be arsed, then it simply doesn't matter. Whereas, if you can motivate the players, then even an average bunch can romp to the title (and hell, we have seen it with Fergie and his final season - hell, many of his seasons). You need players with the right mentality. That's the majority problem with the players we have - the ones with the right mentality aren't influential enough, and the influential ones are turning out to be toxic.

I do agree with your point, mind, that we need more depth. Not denying that. But we need to fix their mentality first. The reason why Ronaldo and Messi are revered till date whenever they play (beyond the superhuman ability) is the mentality to not give up and try to win each and every single thing. That, is badly missing, and no matter what depth you get, if that isn't fixed, we are royally screwed.

Honestly, what the squad needs now is a swift kick up the arse. And the willingness to enforce the message, no matter who. If Pogba doesn't give a fuck, don't play him. Sends a message, which is more important.
    This. Squad depth doesn't matter if no one turns up

16. Also, our transfers have been terrible. Since Ferguson left, we have had Fellaini, Mata, di Maria, Shaw, Herrerra, Rojo, Blind, Falcao, Martial, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian, Schweini, Pereira, Romero, Pogba, Miki, Bailly, Zlatan, Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof, Sanchez, Fred and Dalot.

Of those, the only ones that worked are Shaw, Mata, Herrera, Pogba, Martial, Romero, Zlatan, Lindelof (Lukaku and Bailly at a stretch, too). Around 8 out of 26 odd transfers. And even those 8 aren't stand out, they're iffy. When you can't name one standout good transfer in the last 5 years, you know you're in trouble and your transfer strategy is shit.

Just going out and buying depth is not enough - we have been buying players, and paying insane amounts of money for them too. We need the players with the right mentality. That is what will take the team forward. Can't say the Glazers don't spend - they have. Our transfer strategy and identification has been woeful (despite the huge number of scouts we apparently have). If that doesn't improve, no amount of depth is going to help us.
    Tyton likes this.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Also, our transfers have been terrible. Since Ferguson left, we have had Fellaini, Mata, di Maria, Shaw, Herrerra, Rojo, Blind, Falcao, Martial, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian, Schweini, Pereira, Romero, Pogba, Miki, Bailly, Zlatan, Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof, Sanchez, Fred and Dalot.

Of those, the only ones that worked are Shaw, Mata, Herrera, Pogba, Martial, Romero, Zlatan, Lindelof (Lukaku and Bailly at a stretch, too). Around 8 out of 26 odd transfers. And even those 8 aren't stand out, they're iffy. When you can't name one standout good transfer in the last 5 years, you know you're in trouble and your transfer strategy is shit.

Just going out and buying depth is not enough - we have been buying players, and paying insane amounts of money for them too. We need the players with the right mentality. That is what will take the team forward. Can't say the Glazers don't spend - they have. Our transfer strategy and identification has been woeful (despite the huge number of scouts we apparently have). If that doesn't improve, no amount of depth is going to help us.
    Agree! Wouldn’t right off Fred or Dalot yet. But I get what your saying. I actually have faith in Ole to have a complete reset and sort this shit show squad out but as he has stated it won’t be quick! Wouldn’t be surprised if Matic, Lukaku being left out today was transfers related and won’t be seen again!

18. And it's Woodward that's paid what he has for players. He needs to go asap. And it's not just what he's paid. It's what he's sold players for as well. He's practically let some players walk over the years where somebody like Levy can get good fees for average players. It's a shambles and won't change while that clown has the final say. He needs to stick to what he's good at. Getting extortionate money for an official bog roll sponsor. Anything on the playing side he needs to be kept as far away as possible.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

19. Even if Ole doesn't win anything or gets fired I still feel like he can lay the foundation for a future United team and staff!

20. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Also, our transfers have been terrible. Since Ferguson left, we have had Fellaini, Mata, di Maria, Shaw, Herrerra, Rojo, Blind, Falcao, Martial, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian, Schweini, Pereira, Romero, Pogba, Miki, Bailly, Zlatan, Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof, Sanchez, Fred and Dalot.

Thats not that bad, thats 30% success rate. Take a look at City:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manc...ers/verein/281

Difference is - they replaces their dross with good players, United only with average.

Also, it is about the transfers. Not all, but some. You can let players do what they have done this season. Acting like they own the club, playing good when they want, being a spoiled bitches. Identify the cause and cut it without second thought. You are an employee at Manchester United. Like any other 'company', workers need to have certain qualifications and they need to behave in certain way. This thing at United, its shameful.

Reminds me of Lakers when Dr. Buss died. Wrong people took over and its a major mess for last 6 years. At least Lakers will always have LA as a major thing to attract the bball players. What can United offer beside of history and completely disfunctional hierarchy?

Sell the troublemakers, send the message to the others. Theres no single person in the football world thats greater than United.

21. Quote Originally Posted by RedUnited View Post
    Even if Ole doesn't win anything or gets fired I still feel like he can lay the foundation for a future United team and staff!
    i think he definitely can but i do fear for him if we have a poor start to the season.I truly hope hes given time and by that i mean two seasons minimum to get us back in the top four.
    RedUnited likes this.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post

Reminds me of Lakers when Dr. Buss died. Wrong people took over and its a major mess for last 6 years. At least Lakers will always have LA as a major thing to attract the bball players. What can United offer beside of history and completely disfunctional hierarchy?
    Just add old and then retired Bryant there also. Basically their Ronaldo. It has been shame to look at them truly

23. Least there was something for the fans to cheer today https://twitter.com/manutdwomen/stat...808583680?s=21

24. We have completed signing of Isak Hansen-Aarøen from Tromsø. His only 14 years old been in trial a few times an really impressed. Nearly went through in Jan but clubs couldn’t agree on the compensation at the time.

25. So 8 losses in the past 12 games huh?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    steveorobbo likes this.

26. Neutrals the world over knew this season was going to be a goddamn disaster for Man United. But what we found out is that instead of players just laying down tools because they are unhappy with the manager, there is something rotten in the team. A bright spot is that United did not finish that far out of the top 4 and a return to the tup 4 should be easy if they are ruthless and cut out the cancer and make a couple of good signings. Making a run at Man City and Liverpool are a long ways away.

27. It turns out Scouse was right all these years - United really did become a new Liverpool. Fallen giant obsessed with reliving past glories. The entire operation needs to be rebuilt top to bottom.
    dilakh2 and Bujakaa92 like this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    It turns out Scouse was right all these years - United really did become a new Liverpool. Fallen giant obsessed with reliving past glories. The entire operation needs to be rebuilt top to bottom.
    This is why I wasn't keen on Solskjaer in the first place, it's clear the decision to make him permanent screwed our season as well the timing of it,. As soon as he was appointed permanently the players took a time out and were back on la la land again.
    ,it is all built around the past once again. Phelen as assistance. Carrick as coach, the DOF now suddenly has to be someone who knows United as well like Fletcher. It's such dated mentality,

Talk about inexperienced manager at top level, apart from Phelan you've got a naff coaching team and no structure at present above them. Talk of Fletcher because he knows United.... I despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    So 8 losses in the past 12 games huh?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    If this season continued we'd be more of a relegation team than a top 6 fighting team with our form. No clean sheets in like 15 games.
    Mourinho had to go but things were never this bad in terms of form. None of the basics are right at United and this for me is deeper problems than just the players. If we think next season a few signings and players being hungry again will turn us around then I'm deeply worried.
    Last edited by zzeezzy; 13/05/2019 at 08:15 AM.
    Tyton likes this.

29. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    This is why I wasn't keen on Solskjaer in the first place, it's clear the decision to make him permanent screwed our season as well the timing of it,. As soon as he was appointed permanently the players took a time out and were back on la la land again.
    ,it is all built around the past once again. Phelen as assistance. Carrick as coach, the DOF now suddenly has to be someone who knows United as well like Fletcher. It's such dated mentality,

Talk about inexperienced manager at top level, apart from Phelan you've got a naff coaching team and no structure at present above them. Talk of Fletcher because he knows United.... I despair.

If this season continued we'd be more of a relegation team than a top 6 fighting team with our form. No clean sheets in like 15 games.
    Mourinho had to go but things were never this bad in terms of form. None of the basics are right at United and this for me is deeper problems than just the players. If we think next season a few signings and players being hungry again will turn us around then I'm deeply worried.
    Eh? The fact that the players stopped playing isn't his fault. Absolutely mad thing to blame on him. If they have a shit mentality then you get rid. You don't blame the manager

30. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Zz I know you love something new and shiny but Carrick isn't some link to the past, Phelan is a highly experienced assistant manager who should never have been released in the first place. If Moyes had kept him, he might still have a job. The managing unit isn't really the issue here. The playing attitude isn't. And then the DOF situation.

31. I don’t know how giving Ole screwed up our season. Feck me of all the things to blame him for lol. That’s all on Mourinho and partially Woodward but mostly Mourinho.

Oh and players attitudes!

32. From a Norwegian Utd fan who watched the new signing while on trial

https://www.nettavisen.no/sport/nors...423683986.html
    We've signed 14 year old Isak Hansen-Aarøen on a pre-contract. He's been on trial with Everton and Liverpool as well. Really talented lad, bit small but quite agile and quick on the first meters, top pace is OK. Technically he's oustanding in his first touch, close control and dribbling. Tactically he's impressive too, knows where to be very well, decision-making is great. Passing, vision and combination-play are his best attributes.

33. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Zz I know you love something new and shiny but Carrick isn't some link to the past, Phelan is a highly experienced assistant manager who should never have been released in the first place. If Moyes had kept him, he might still have a job. The managing unit isn't really the issue here. The playing attitude isn't. And then the DOF situation.
    I'm not blaming Solskjaer for the announcement of him being permanent.... that's totally on the board jumping the gun needlessly. No need to make the players feel comfortable and not leave that decision until end of season when we have a fill picture of where we are at. Not just a snapshot of a happy camp and a good flow of results.

Solskjaer however for me (and the coaches) do have to take at least some blame for the run of results since because it has been terrible. Yes we know the players have portion of blame as well, but we can't think that there haven't been mistakes from all sides here.

34. Zzeezzy, have you ever crossed that white line and put in a shit performance? I know I have!!
    Wasn't the managers fault... Was mine.

Once you cross the white line...

35. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Zzeezzy, have you ever crossed that white line and put in a shit performance? I know I have!!
    Wasn't the managers fault... Was mine.
    Sure thing. But you know what, If I were crossing the white line while making more money a week than my parents used to make in a year and supermodels were ready to jump on my dick and get impregnated just seconds after I introduced yourself, I have a feeling a bit on an ego creeps into most people. Because obviously I'm amazing if everybody treats me like a second coming, so perhaps its the manager that sucks.

36. Personally think we should sack Ole & rehire him as interim. Do that 2-3 times per season, should win the league.

37. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Personally think we should sack Ole & rehire him as interim. Do that 2-3 times per season, should win the league.
    Fucking LMAO!!!

38. If Glazers really want to clean up the place they should start by sacking Ed Woodward.

People can call him excellent moneymaker but even that is suspect. Sponsorship and advertisement revenue has been driving up like mad all across football. All the elite teams are signing record breaking deals. United with their massive global fanbase would always be taking a big part of that pie. So at best you could say that he's doing okay on the commercial side of the club.

Everything else though, is a mess. Transfer dealing are awfully hit and miss and there's always some problems with contract renegotiations. Manager appointments also have been shit. LVG was perhaps the only one who wasn't questionable from the start, he just came rd in the WC with an average Dutch NT. But Moyes was clearly out of his depth, Mourinho was a massive gamble just coming off having Chelsea in relegation and leaving scorched earth in every club he worked at, and Ole is basically a bleeding heart fan service appointment.

Ultimately Woodward is the person responsible for the state of the club and in 6 years as the boss he's spend untold billions and club is in far worse place than when he started.
    zzeezzy, Sherkey and Bujakaa92 like this.

39. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    If Glazers really want to clean up the place they should start by sacking Ed Woodward.
    They don't want to clean up anything though, which is why this whole thing is a never ending shitshow until they go.

Everyone says how good business men they are, I personally think they are shit. They are using United's name to attract sponsors, pretty easy. But the thing I can't get my head around is why they took us over with £400m debt and they've not paid it off even still now? It has been like £1bln down the pan in debt repayments.

40. Ole says he’s excited and looking forward to Tuanzebe being back in the squad next season

41. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Ole says he’s excited and looking forward to Tuanzebe being back in the squad next season
    Any other defender would make me excited considering our defenders right now..
    djs1 likes this.

42. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    They don't want to clean up anything though, which is why this whole thing is a never ending shitshow until they go.

Everyone says how good business men they are, I personally think they are shit. They are using United's name to attract sponsors, pretty easy. But the thing I can't get my head around is why they took us over with £400m debt and they've not paid it off even still now? It has been like £1bln down the pan in debt repayments.
    The club wasn't in debt until they took over (they were one of the few clubs at the time in the black), the £400m debt is their fault as they promised Edwards the money to buy but didn't have it, to get a loan to pay for the club they used the club as an asset, since then they have creamed the club for payments every year with very little monetary input themselves, nor any sign of wanting to pay off the debts they created. Yep they are shit owners but the real fact is they are taking the club and it's supporters for a ride.
    zzeezzy likes this.

43. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Ole says he’s excited and looking forward to Tuanzebe being back in the squad next season
    it was almost as if the jones/smalling partnership was setup for everyone to see how poor they really are for a club such as this.Backup players at very best but neither has ever been good enough in truth but we all knew that donkeys yrs ago
    RedUnited likes this.

44. 'I really believe in Ole and his coaching staff but I think there is a tough job ahead'

Outgoing midfielder Ander Herrera thinks Manchester United fans are going to need to be patient when it comes to future success | @TelegraphDuckerhttps://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/13/outgoing-ander-herrera-pleads-patience-man-united-fans-tough/ …

7:25 PM - May 13, 2019

45. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    'I really believe in Ole and his coaching staff but I think there is a tough job ahead'

Outgoing midfielder Ander Herrera thinks Manchester United fans are going to need to be patient when it comes to future success | @TelegraphDuckerhttps://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/13/outgoing-ander-herrera-pleads-patience-man-united-fans-tough/ …

7:25 PM - May 13, 2019
    with the like of zz no way in fucking hell

46. Heard new rumours that we are weighing in for Rabiot. I'm praying we don't make that move. He could turn out to be world class, no doubt, but he could also be a bigger issue in the dressing room than Pogba, and that's saying something.

It looks exactly like the transfer Woodward is generally keen to make (big name, commercial signing), but god, hope not. He would be as bad as Icardi in the dressing room. (that is, assuming he would want to come here at all, considering no CL).

47. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Heard new rumours that we are weighing in for Rabiot. I'm praying we don't make that move. He could turn out to be world class, no doubt, but he could also be a bigger issue in the dressing room than Pogba, and that's saying something.

It looks exactly like the transfer Woodward is generally keen to make (big name, commercial signing), but god, hope not. He would be as bad as Icardi in the dressing room. (that is, assuming he would want to come here at all, considering no CL).
    If it’s who Ole wants them I’m all for it.

48. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    with the like of zz no way in fucking hell
    I'm all for having faith in someone, but with Ole it seems like we're all clinging on too something that you know isn't there? It's not like Fergie either because he had a track record before he came here with Aberdeen. We can't just ignore the past 3 months and run of games because we like someone. Which is essentially what we're doing. it was relegation form (2 wins in 12) for a club like United that isn't acceptable at all regardless of players.

Look I'd like nothing more than Solskjaer to be a success here, but things with go south very quick if we start next season like we have ended this one. This summer will probably dictate everything because if we mess ie up, I'd be sure he won't last until Christmas. Not that it would be his fault because we've messed up windows for other managers as well.
    Last edited by zzeezzy; 14/05/2019 at 08:30 AM.

49. Solskjaer needs to stick with his word and make the changes that are necessary by being ruthless. At the moment I know a lot of fans are behind him to do that, however that support isn't unconditional if he doesn't actually do it this summer.

TOD, if we sign Rabiot it would be madness and would definitely go against what Solskjaer is trying to build. If your trying to clean up that dressing room then you can't be signing players like him, it doesn't matter how good he potentially is. He has been a troublemaker in Paris.... which is full of egos, god knows what he'll be like here. There are plenty of midfielders that we can target this summer, all who have better personality and will fit Solskjaer management better,

Solskjaer wants to sign players who are young and hungry that fit united's DNA..... Rabiot is young but none of the other he wants.
    kitchin75, Tyton and Sherkey like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO