Like Tree38878Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Man United face early pre-season to overcome fitness failings http://www.espn.

2. Anyone seen the leaked pictures of the new gold away kit with snakeskin design? Looks more like a fucking giraffe. Disgusting

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/man-utds...ust-wow-232027
    Last edited by steveorobbo; 17/05/2019 at 07:11 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Anyone seen the leaked pictures of the new gold away kit with snakeskin design? Looks more like a fucking giraffe. Disgusting
    if i was a potential signing id think twice about appearing in that!looks like something julie goodyear came up with
    steveorobbo likes this.

4. Bloody disgusting lol
    steveorobbo likes this.

5. And the leaked black one has grey roses in the background. What are they playing at?

6. Just the Red one for me this year it looks like!
    steveorobbo likes this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Anyone seen the leaked pictures of the new gold away kit with snakeskin design? Looks more like a fucking giraffe. Disgusting

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/man-utds...ust-wow-232027
    Got to love the comment in the article questioning which bit of the Club's history the snakeskin represents..... suggestions anyone?
    steveorobbo likes this.

8. Yes get in there we have qualified for the EL group stages

9. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yes get in there we have qualified for the EL group stages
    you know you have had a utter shit season when making the group stages is the best you have done

10. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    you know you have had a utter shit season when making the group stages is the best you have done
    Yep but it’s a major pain to pre season out the way.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yep but it’s a major pain to pre season out the way.
    i get that lets just hope thay make the best of it with in and outs and geting the team in shape

12. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yes get in there we have qualified for the EL group stages
    Yeah, no. Nothing positive about that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

13. Quote Originally Posted by Legend Incredimaria View Post
    Yeah, no. Nothing positive about that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    It was tongue in cheek....

14. Bet Griezmann wish he joined Utd when we had a deal agreed. Gone from hero to hated his final game for Atlético was a disaster. Absolutely booed like crazy by the fans and some of his team mates where blanking him walking off.

15. Fuck Griezmann. Biggest primadonna in football. Makes Di Maria look good.

16. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Bet Griezmann wish he joined Utd when we had a deal agreed. Gone from hero to hated his final game for Atlético was a disaster. Absolutely booed like crazy by the fans and some of his team mates where blanking him walking off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Fuck Griezmann. Biggest primadonna in football. Makes Di Maria look good.
    Barcelona also can't afford him right now. They need to offload players, and if Atletico want all the money up front, they will have to make sure they get paid up front

17. FBs looking like an interesting one this Summer with Cancelo, AWB, Meunier all saying they will be staying next season.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Barcelona also can't afford him right now. They need to offload players, and if Atletico want all the money up front, they will have to make sure they get paid up front
    They can send Umtiti over to United. They should gladly pay 60m + his salary.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    They can send Umtiti over to United. They should gladly pay 60m + his salary.
    Does he not have problems with injuries? Knees if I remember correclty?

20. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Does he not have problems with injuries? Knees if I remember correclty?
    Just checked, yeah! Missed 31 games due to knee problems in last 2 seasons. Welp, thats the last thing United needs right now.

21. MAN U. Very hot on young centre half Nathan Collins at STOKE. Darren Fletcher recommending strongly.

22. https://youtu.be/z6koJAzKhIw Last interview with Ole after the Cardiff game if you have not seen it.

23. De Gea wants 480k Pw from Ducker. Don’t let the door hit you mate. Thanks for your service if that’s the case.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    it is all on the manufacturer though. Clubs get very little input
    You really think that brands like Man U , Liverpool, City etc allow a 3rd party to decide the image that will be seen around the world? However much Addidas/Nike/Admiral or whoever pays them?

Bit like Jaguar designing the engine and letting Vivien Westwood design the body.

Don't be fooled, someone somewhere at OT will have a huge involvement in the design and branding of everything that carries the United branding - it's too valuable not to. Same with the other big clubs.

Smaller deals with manufacturers (remember the Leicester 3rd kit?) will give the manufacturers more control/design freedom for 2nd or 3rd kits but the majot players will protect their brand come hell or high water.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

25. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorks View Post
    You really think that brands like Man U , Liverpool, City etc allow a 3rd party to decide the image that will be seen around the world? However much Addidas/Nike/Admiral or whoever pays them?

Bit like Jaguar designing the engine and letting Vivien Westwood design the body.

Don't be fooled, someone somewhere at OT will have a huge involvement in the design and branding of everything that carries the United branding - it's too valuable not to. Same with the other big clubs.

Smaller deals with manufacturers (remember the Leicester 3rd kit?) will give the manufacturers more control/design freedom for 2nd or 3rd kits but the majot players will protect their brand come hell or high water.
    My mate works at Nike, this is very much how it goes down, give or take a club's specific negotiations

We should be clear on something though, clubs mean nothing to the likes of Nike and Adidas.

We make what, 75m a year of Adidas. They have a revenue of 22 BILLION.

As big as we might feel we are in the sport, we're small compared to their global market.
    Last edited by Mike.; 20/05/2019 at 08:41 AM.
    Snorks likes this.

26. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    MAN U. Very hot on young centre half Nathan Collins at STOKE. Darren Fletcher recommending strongly.

Please stop randomly posting stuff like this. At the very least, stick to the rumour thread with the first hand source. Not reddit, not twitter, the actual source

27. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Please stop randomly posting stuff like this. At the very least, stick to the rumour thread with the first hand source. Not reddit, not twitter, the actual source
    Sorry was a quote from journo Alan Nixon. Has been good with lower league transfers and Daniel Taylor And Ducker like a lot of his tweets. But yes will keep it to the transfer Forum.

28. Ghana Football reporting the man I've been begging for for months, Thomas Partey, is being seriously considered by United. Has a release clause under £50M.

Please let it be fucking true. This is the man I want in our midfield. Aggressive, good defensively and adds more control as a whole. Would be an absolute steal
    djs1 likes this.

29. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Ghana Football reporting the man I've been begging for for months, Thomas Partey, is being seriously considered by United. Has a release clause under £50M.

Please let it be fucking true. This is the man I want in our midfield. Aggressive, good defensively and adds more control as a whole. Would be an absolute steal
    AS and Marc’s day the release clause isn’t true just for last season?

30. i know its just talk as always a this stage of year but not liking what im hearing about bale.Can see ed rubbing his hands together at this one.two or three yrs ago yes but not what we need now surely

31. Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    i know its just talk as always a this stage of year but not liking what im hearing about bale.Can see ed rubbing his hands together at this one.two or three yrs ago yes but not what we need now surely
    No chance. Nearly everyone saying he’s not a target and Ole ain’t interested.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    No chance. Nearly everyone saying he’s not a target and Ole ain’t interested.
    i hope youre right mate and yeah ive heard that utd sources say hes not on their radar

33. Only been couple of days and I'm already sick of the transfer rumour mill. It's become insufferable. Same manager can be on his way out on Monday and about to sign a 10 year contract on Tuesday. Clubs are being "linked" with basically every human that is male and has two legs. It's a colossal waste of time following all this drivel.

Think I'm just gonna disconnect from football news until August.
    RhQQ likes this.

34. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Only been couple of days and I'm already sick of the transfer rumour mill. It's become insufferable. Same manager can be on his way out on Monday and about to sign a 10 year contract on Tuesday. Clubs are being "linked" with basically every human that is male and has two legs. It's a colossal waste of time following all this drivel.

Think I'm just gonna disconnect from football news until August.
    Bye.
    Tyton likes this.

35. Hope all the talk in Spain today about Mata staying after we offered him improved terms are true. Need players like him around atm. Also offers something different especially against teams in a low block. Also Mitten and Sky saying Dani James personal terms all agreed and just couple of things to finalise with Swansea. Good you exciting prospect and even though is one for the future he will bring something else that we lack. Genuine directness and blistering pace on the counter. And can actually cross!

Oh and Mitten said on MUTV that FB is not so high on the priority list this Summer as Laird will be in the squad next season. Also mentioned TFM will get a chance under Ole on tour with Demi Mitchell. And he’s had talks with Pogba about being Captain next season and needing to start stepping up to the player he can be on a more consistent level. Few more reporting the same this morning regarding Pogba and the Captaincy.

Also said after the Cardiff game Ole made them stay behind and gave the whole dressing room a right bollocking and said they have not been good enough or fit enough to wear the badge and need to start being a team on and off the pitch.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 21/05/2019 at 12:20 PM.

36. Congrats to Dylan Levitt going to be called up the the Welsh first team for there next fixtures

37. Daniel James highlights vs City in the cup https://youtu.be/XKK7MGK4yCk

38. So Chelsea seem to be hiring Cech as per Sky. Lyon has hired Juninho. Arsenal are closing in on Edu. All in the roles of DOF or Sporting director.

I can sense a pattern developing here.

39. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    So Chelsea seem to be hiring Cech as per Sky. Lyon has hired Juninho. Arsenal are closing in on Edu. All in the roles of DOF or Sporting director.

I can sense a pattern developing here.
    We will hire Djemba Djemba

40. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    We will hire Djemba Djemba
    Him and David Belion for transfer committee

41. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    and beeby or how evey you spell it

42. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    and beeby or how evey you spell it
    Bebe )))

43. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    So it going to be Bebe, Belion, Djemba Djemba, Massimo Tiabi and William Prunier on the committee …. Should work well

44. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    So it going to be Bebe, Belion, Djemba Djemba, Massimo Tiabi and William Prunier on the committee …. Should work well
    nah get incey in,noone would dare turn him down!

45. Good signing for Casey!

?

We’re delighted to announce that @Jackie_10_ has signed a pre-contract agreement to join #MUWomen from the 2019/20 season.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitt er

Groenen was a key player in the 2017 UEFA Women's Championship, which the Oranje won as the host nation, and was named in the Team of the Tournament. Previously played for Chelsea, Munich and Frankfurt.
    lxl Ra lxl likes this.

46. Ricky Sbragia been sacked by Utd. No surprise there!

#MUFC Under-23s boss Ricky Sbragia has left the club. Nicky Butt will oversee a structural review of the academy this summer

Nicky Butts done a fantastic job with our academy getting it to where it is now.

47. Highlights of new signing Groenen https://twitter.com/hunter_mufc/stat...846823424?s=21

48. Lots of Utd need today.

So, despite finishing sixth, @ManUtd sold all 52,000 season tickets for next term in quickest time. 75,000 (I have checked this figure) on waiting list.

49. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Good signing for Casey!

?

We’re delighted to announce that @Jackie_10_ has signed a pre-contract agreement to join #MUWomen from the 2019/20 season.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitt er

Groenen was a key player in the 2017 UEFA Women's Championship, which the Oranje won as the host nation, and was named in the Team of the Tournament. Previously played for Chelsea, Munich and Frankfurt.
    She's a good player. One of the few women I do enjoy watching for their creativity and technique.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO