Like Tree38870Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. Maguire is so very good
    RedUnited likes this.

  2. He’s decent, but the other centre half is DeLigtful
    brunoh likes this.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    He’s decent, but the other centre half is DeLigtful
    and off to barca shame

  4. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    and off to barca shame
    I’d favour it. But I wouldn’t put money on it.

  5. I think in terms of player legacy, and by that I mean going to a club best poised to win CL’s for an era, PSG would be a smarter destination than us or Barça. I think Tuchel will make the right adjustments for year 2 and they’ll be a proper force next season & seasons to come. But that’s just my opinion.

  6. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    I think in terms of player legacy, and by that I mean going to a club best poised to win CL’s for an era, .....
    Or he'd go play with his National team centre-half partner at club level.

    If he wanted that.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Or he'd go play with his National team centre-half partner at club level.

    If he wanted that.
    Can't see it. Can't see Klopp blowing 80M on something he doesn't really need. Van Dijk + Gomez is a partnership for years. Also some some word he'd rather be the main man at the back, may not be that with Virg. Messi/Neymar situation.

  8. Will end up at Stoke I reckon for a real challenge

  9. Really interesting stat graphic here. Don't think he's the right player at all for us unless Pogba's sold. Basically, he's just a final third midfielder. He'll assist & score, and work hard, but there's not a lot else from a midfield perspective (tackling, controlling/pass volume, etc.)
    brunoh likes this.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Really interesting stat graphic here. Don't think he's the right player at all for us unless Pogba's sold. Basically, he's just a final third midfielder. He'll assist & score, and work hard, but there's not a lot else from a midfield perspective (tackling, controlling/pass volume, etc.)
    I said some time ago that i'd take Ndombele over him.

  11. Maybe he could play #10 in a 4-2-3-1 with Pogba deeper alongside a Matic/Partey type, but Idk. Pogba generally always wants to play as the license interior of a 3.




  12. Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed, in principle, terms with both Swansea City and Daniel James for his transfer to the club.


    Daniel has successfully completed a medical at the Aon Training Complex

    Further details will be communicated once the international transfer window opens next week





    https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detai...r-from-swansea

  13. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    Maguire is so very good
    Literally a donkey who cant defend in a back four to save his life. Wanders off out of position yet somehow us highly rated. Leicester shouldve taken the 60mil or whatever that he was going for last summer after the world cup hype.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by brunoh View Post
    Maguire is so very good
    Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Literally a donkey who cant defend in a back four to save his life. Wanders off out of position yet somehow us highly rated. Leicester shouldve taken the 60mil or whatever that he was going for last summer after the world cup hype.

    The answer lies between

  15. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    The answer lies between
    wouldn't pay the now 75m on his head.

  16. Would never have taken him in our current situation mate. He's an upgrade on Rojo, Jones & probably Smalling too (I'm not that sure from a pure defensive angle, but overall) - but he's not anywhere near Koulibally, De Ligt, Skriniar, Umtiti etc. Would be a decent partner for any of them, but he's not going to elevate us in any way as the main man back there.

  17. Think if we sign Fernandes will be used at the tip of a diamond as Ole played that shit loads last season. But he can easily play in a 3 Also.

  18. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Would never have taken him in our current situation mate. He's an upgrade on Rojo, Jones & probably Smalling too (I'm not that sure from a pure defensive angle, but overall) - but he's not anywhere near Koulibally, De Ligt, Skriniar, Umtiti etc. Would be a decent partner for any of them, but he's not going to elevate us in any way as the main man back there.
    Absolutely. We already have that great second defender in Lindelof. Anyone we buy needs to be outright better than him otherwise it's a waste.
    RhQQ and Theatre of Dreams83 like this.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Think if we sign Fernandes will be used at the tip of a diamond as Ole played that shit loads last season. But he can easily play in a 3 Also.
    I think the 4-diamond-2 is more for one off games. Vs. big teams where we're more focused on transition/hitting sides on the break. Think the Arsenal game (FA Cup). The modern equivalent of Fergie bringing in Fletcher for certain games.

    Think we'll look to play a pacey, width-friendly, interchangeable front 3 most weeks.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    I think the 4-diamond-2 is more for one off games. Vs. big teams where we're more focused on transition/hitting sides on the break. Think the Arsenal game (FA Cup). The modern equivalent of Fergie bringing in Fletcher for certain games.

    Think we'll look to play a pacey, width-friendly, interchangeable front 3 most weeks.
    Would love that!

  21. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Literally a donkey who cant defend in a back four to save his life. Wanders off out of position yet somehow us highly rated. Leicester shouldve taken the 60mil or whatever that he was going for last summer after the world cup hype.
    Usual hype down to someone being English mate. John Stones, who Guardiola finally seems to have seen through the second half of last year, is another over hyped, over priced, mediocre defender.

    Reading up, if Leicester are seriously looking at money Ajax won't even get for de Ligt for Maguire, then he's not leaving the East Midlands anytime soon.
    dilakh2 likes this.

  22. 17:45

    MATA OFFERED NEW DEAL
    The Premier League's released and retained lists are coming thick and fast, with Manchester United confirming that Juan Mata will be offered a new deal.
    Antonio Valencia and Ander Herrera have already signalled their intent to leave while James Wilson, Regan Poole, Zak Dearnley, Tom Sang, Callum Whelanand Matty Willock will also be leaving the club. They also missed Joshua Bohui and Callum Gribbin off the list.
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 07/06/2019 at 06:25 PM.

  23. For the u21/23s. About tbh least they will play some competitive games this season.



    Liverpool and Manchester United to play in EFL (Checkatrade) Trophy next season.


    1,266

    11:53 PM - Jun 7, 2019

  24. Could be a good chance to see Dylan Levitt and Daniel James for Wales today against Croatia.

  25. Few decent moments in the first half for James. Had to be disciplined for most parts as Croatia are dominant in possession. But he’s had a couple of nice touches. And 2 great crosses one which led to Wales best chance. Oh and Bale fans can feck off! Absolutely garbage and doesn’t even have his pace anymore. Looks like an ex pro who just won’t give the game up.
    steveorobbo likes this.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Few decent moments in the first half for James. Had to be disciplined for most parts as Croatia are dominant in possession. But he’s had a couple of nice touches. And 2 great crosses one which led to Wales best chance. Oh and Bale fans can feck off! Absolutely garbage and doesn’t even have his pace anymore. Looks like an ex pro who just won’t give the game up.
    Yeah, I'm praying Woodward still doesn't have a crush on him. Although, all of the recent rumours indicate we have cooled our interest, so good there. I'd rather not get anyone else on the RW than get Bale, on his wages and his age and injury record.

  27. I'm just hoping they have finally got it into their thick skulls that a quick fix in terms of expensive indviduals will solve the problems at the club. Buying ready made expensive individuals may work for a short time but ultimately a good team is a mix of both stars and run of the mill squad players. Unfortunately however, Real Madrid seem to be in a similar position currently which has dare I say it inflated the market for all players.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I'm just hoping they have finally got it into their thick skulls that a quick fix in terms of expensive indviduals will solve the problems at the club. Buying ready made expensive individuals may work for a short time but ultimately a good team is a mix of both stars and run of the mill squad players. Unfortunately however, Real Madrid seem to be in a similar position currently which has dare I say it inflated the market for all players.
    Yeah, for Woodward, the commercials matter more, I think. Them being quick fixes is incidental. Think the focus has been on superstars for merchandising/social/image/global rights. Which is kinda why I'm still a bit scared regarding Griezmann/Bale this summer. Especially since we can use the money elsewhere. But I think Sanchez has been a wake-up call, even for Woodward.

    Oh well, lets see. We will get to know soon anyhow. James is a good start. If we can follow it up with someone to replace Herrera and a strong CB and RB, then it is an excellent summer.

  29. Might get crucified for this, but I wouldn't be too opposed to the idea of Bale on loan for the season, then get Sancho the next. If we can get Sancho this season, great - if not, then a Bale loan wouldn't be a bad stop-gap. I know he was pretty shit last year but everyone in Madrid white was, he's just the scapegoat out there. He's disliked by Zidane & club, who would defo be open to just getting him away from the Bernabeu in any way, shape or form next season.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Might get crucified for this, but I wouldn't be too opposed to the idea of Bale on loan for the season, then get Sancho the next. If we can get Sancho this season, great - if not, then a Bale loan wouldn't be a bad stop-gap. I know he was pretty shit last year but everyone in Madrid white was, he's just the scapegoat out there. He's disliked by Zidane & club, who would defo be open to just getting him away from the Bernabeu in any way, shape or form next season.
    Is Sneijder still available. God I hope you sign Bale would be the most Rick Parry sorry Ed Woodward signing ever. Yous lot need to move away from useless high profile signings how many times do you need to be messed about before utd learn there lesson. From Di Maria to Sanchez who you cant shift due to his wages.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Is Sneijder still available. God I hope you sign Bale would be the most Rick Parry sorry Ed Woodward signing ever. Yous lot need to move away from useless high profile signings how many times do you need to be messed about before utd learn there lesson. From Di Maria to Sanchez who you cant shift due to his wages.
    Yeah, in no way, shape or form should we be signing Bale. Do not want him, either on loan for a season or permanently. There are tons of players we can get instead of him. Also, with his injury record, even a year long loan (everything else excluded) is a horrible option.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Might get crucified for this, but I wouldn't be too opposed to the idea of Bale on loan for the season, then get Sancho the next. If we can get Sancho this season, great - if not, then a Bale loan wouldn't be a bad stop-gap. I know he was pretty shit last year but everyone in Madrid white was, he's just the scapegoat out there. He's disliked by Zidane & club, who would defo be open to just getting him away from the Bernabeu in any way, shape or form next season.
    Oh god mate no!!! Plus his agent has reported today that he and his family are happy in Spain and he has no plans on leaving. Says it all to me! Enjoy the sun and golf while your injured!
    dilakh2 likes this.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Yeah, in no way, shape or form should we be signing Bale. Do not want him, either on loan for a season or permanently. There are tons of players we can get instead of him. Also, with his injury record, even a year long loan (everything else excluded) is a horrible option.
    A loan deal where by Madrid continue to pay his wages and with a clause that allows him to get returned at any point wouldn't be so bad but if they think a loan deal in the same sort of workings as Falcao's then no way. A no risk deal may work in both United's and Bale's favour, just as long as no money changes hands.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    A loan deal where by Madrid continue to pay his wages and with a clause that allows him to get returned at any point wouldn't be so bad but if they think a loan deal in the same sort of workings as Falcao's then no way. A no risk deal may work in both United's and Bale's favour, just as long as no money changes hands.
    Yeah there’s absolutely no way they will do that. They will make us pay the full wages and his agent will still want a ridiculous fee. Thanks Bale but kindly do one!

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yeah there’s absolutely no way they will do that. They will make us pay the full wages and his agent will still want a ridiculous fee. Thanks Bale but kindly do one!
    I don't want to see him at United either unless it was under those terms, even then they should think twice about it. Never really rated him, yes he is/was a decent player but in a very limited way, says a lot when a 30+ year old Ronaldo has easily outshone him in each of the last few seasons.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    A loan deal where by Madrid continue to pay his wages and with a clause that allows him to get returned at any point wouldn't be so bad but if they think a loan deal in the same sort of workings as Falcao's then no way. A no risk deal may work in both United's and Bale's favour, just as long as no money changes hands.
    Madrid's whole reason is to get rid of Bale, and free up the wages. The loan deal you are mentioning is as good as having Bale in the RM team itself. Longstanding rumours have been that RM want Bale as part of any Pogba deal, which is a stupid deal on our part, if it were to happen. I would be more happy dealing with Juve, and getting Dybala + cash in return. But that is only if we lose Lukaku.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Madrid's whole reason is to get rid of Bale, and free up the wages. The loan deal you are mentioning is as good as having Bale in the RM team itself. Longstanding rumours have been that RM want Bale as part of any Pogba deal, which is a stupid deal on our part, if it were to happen. I would be more happy dealing with Juve, and getting Dybala + cash in return. But that is only if we lose Lukaku.
    Exactly United don't need him, so why make someone else's rebuild easier.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I don't want to see him at United either unless it was under those terms, even then they should think twice about it. Never really rated him, yes he is/was a decent player but in a very limited way, says a lot when a 30+ year old Ronaldo has easily outshone him in each of the last few seasons.
    While I don't prefer Bale, that is still an unfair comparision. A 30 year-old Ronaldo still outshines most players on the planet. More a testament to Ronaldo than anything else.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    While I don't prefer Bale, that is still an unfair comparision. A 30 year-old Ronaldo still outshines most players on the planet. More a testament to Ronaldo than anything else.
    Bale has been over rated for years even when at his best a 30 year old Ronaldo would have outshone him.
    dilakh2 likes this.

  40. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Manchester United Thread-csksjdjs.png  

  41. Rather take a punt on JAmes Rodriguez over bale at this point

  42. Cengiz Under looks some talent for Turkey!

  43. I'd keep Lukaku for another season if I was yous. Looks like Inter want to fob off Icardi and the circus him and his wife bring as part of any deal. Not worth it.

  44. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Rather take a punt on JAmes Rodriguez over bale at this point
    Turfed out of Madrid and Bayern hmm. I've said it before one of the most overrated player whos living of that one goal in the worldcup. Looked so out of place when we played Bayern forgot he was even on the pitch.
    Tyton and Scouseinthehouse like this.

  45. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Bale has been over rated for years even when at his best a 30 year old Ronaldo would have outshone him.
    He's been disgracefully treated by Madrid is what he's been.
    RhQQ likes this.

  46. The Mirror reporting we're interested in taking Bale on loan for 12 months with the option of a further 12 months Can only mean one of two things:

    1- I'm psychic
    2- Simon Mullock, who released the story, lurks FM Base
    steveorobbo likes this.

  47. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    I'd keep Lukaku for another season if I was yous. Looks like Inter want to fob off Icardi and the circus him and his wife bring as part of any deal. Not worth it.
    Naw, rumours were that Inter were interested in offering either Perisic or Icardi as part swap for Lukaku, but we turned them both down.

    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    The Mirror reporting we're interested in taking Bale on loan for 12 months with the option of a further 12 months Can only mean one of two things:

    1- I'm psychic
    2- Simon Mullock, who released the story, lurks FM Base
    These rumours have been there since before the CL quarters. However, I dunno the journalist and how reliable he is, but this would be a pretty shitty option if true. Let Madrid suffer his wages, why the hell should someone make their life easier? Besides, Bale has stated repeatedly that he and his family is settled in Madrid. One can hope he sticks to his word.

  48. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Naw, rumours were that Inter were interested in offering either Perisic or Icardi as part swap for Lukaku, but we turned them both down.


    These rumours have been there since before the CL quarters. However, I dunno the journalist and how reliable he is, but this would be a pretty shitty option if true. Let Madrid suffer his wages, why the hell should someone make their life easier? Besides, Bale has stated repeatedly that he and his family is settled in Madrid. One can hope he sticks to his word.
    Mullocks not usually very reliable. Only really McDonnell has been right on a few Utd things lately.

  49. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    He's been disgracefully treated by Madrid is what he's been.
    Bloke has spent several years getting paid 400k a week for sitting in physio room and getting massages. I don't think he can complain.
    dilakh2 likes this.

  50. Real Madrid's fans are a fcking disgrace to football. They've booed CR7 at the peak of his powers more than once. To the point that he had to publicly ask them not to.

    Bale has to be analysed in this context. R. Madrid's is a toxic and competitive environment. In most clubs, after winning 3 ucl's and being decisive in 2 finals, people would idolize him.

    In fact, he has 102 goals and 64 assists in 231 matches for Madrid. That's amazing. He has spent a lot of time in DM, but he's a great footballer, one of the best in the decade and people need to stop pretending that there's many more players better than him out there. Or that we can do much better than him.
    Last edited by brunoh; 09/06/2019 at 07:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO