Like Tree39112Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    If United couldn't work around that I'd agree. But United can still get their transfer work done without selling Pogba.

    It's the reason you've not heard Raiola kicking off, he knows that financially United can resist. We might not like him, but he's not stupid either. He only plays up when he thinks he can win.

    Pogba is due to meet Solskjaer on Monday as well anyway. But given that neither club has attempted to negotiate, Uniteds stance should let change

    As it stands Pogba hasn't even got close to those levels which were disgraceful front coutinho.

    As such I have short shrift for anyone saying we should be backing down this early, or even at all
    Think that's what annoys me most. I hate when people use the "look how Liverpool built a team with Coutinho's fee" - we don't fucking need Pogba's fee to build a team. We're Manchester United, our revenue/turnover is second to none, literally. Yes, we have a set-budget this summer (one that 99% of clubs in world football are envious of), but we have 2 summer windows ahead of us before we talk about seeing this project (hopefully) fall into place. This idea that we can sell our best player and because he's valuable, his fee could be used to improve us overall is so stupid. We can build around & improve with our best player, as bonkers as that may sound to some.

    I know he may want a new challenge (and who can begrudge him it? One of the best players in the world, entering his peak, and is 3-4 years into a project that has barely progressed...even Gerrard was half way down the M1 to Stamford Bridge once upon a time), but if we can somehow convince him to stay, his love for the club would translate in performances if the players are there around him.

    I recommend everyone to give this short clip a listen. Danny hit the nail on the bloody head.

    https://twitter.com/HarunAli30/statu...55418993418245
    Last edited by RhQQ; 20/06/2019 at 03:16 PM.
    Mike., Munroe, Sherkey and 1 others like this.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Problem with Pogba is he's a mercurial, high risk, creative player before he's an efficient, simplistic primary passer/controller - but he's tasked with and judged on doing everything. A paradox.

    Mercurial players have off days, but can turn a cold performance around in one moment with a jawdropping pass, skill or goal. It's up to the true primary passers a little deeper to keep the game ticking & flowing in earlier phases, to keep United as the dominant possession team, to keep getting Pogba on the ball between the lines/on that left half space, letting him drive in transition, link it, try things, etc. - You basically carry Pogba on his off-day and in return, you get X-factor & a gamebreaker. And when he's on it, you have a player who contributes to every phase of play and is simply untouchable. Issue is, we only have the environment for him to flourish in the latter scenario, not the former. Pirlo & Vidal compensated for him at Juve. If he was off it, they still controlled games & gave him the platform to be the difference maker. We don't have that. He's expected to be the 6, 8 & 8.5/10.
    ^ Felt like he just read and reworded this. Danny Higginbotham plays FM, pass it on.

  3. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Think that's what annoys me most. I hate when people use the "look how Liverpool built a team with Coutinho's fee" - .....
    Anyone telling you that mate has no knowledge of the situation.


  4. ?

    Boothroyd believes Wan-Bissaka’s imminent move to #mufc affected him in #eng loss to France. “When that speculation is flying around it's bound to turn your head. For a young player, who all he knows is #cpfc, it would be daft not to say that in some way he must think about the move.”



    Well Boothroyd says it’s all but done also nearly everyone saying it now.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Anyone telling you that mate has no knowledge of the situation.
    more like how thay became a team after the rat left
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  6. Good to see some real links with Fernandes and Ndombele.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post

    ?

    Boothroyd believes Wan-Bissaka’s imminent move to #mufc affected him in #eng loss to France. “When that speculation is flying around it's bound to turn your head. For a young player, who all he knows is #cpfc, it would be daft not to say that in some way he must think about the move.”



    Well Boothroyd says it’s all but done also nearly everyone saying it now.
    Does it also make you try to clear a ball with the wrong foot and kick it into your own net? Cant believe they are trying to make excuses for that performance lol

  8. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Does it also make you try to clear a ball with the wrong foot and kick it into your own net? Cant believe they are trying to make excuses for that performance lol
    Well, not completely affect performance. But your mind does become distracted, and you do have bad spells. Happens to the best. Look at DDG last season and during fax-gate (until he signed his new contract).

    Not saying it as the sole reason, he did have a bad performance, but transfer/contract uncertainty can also cause performance issues.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Well, not completely affect performance. But your mind does become distracted, and you do have bad spells. Happens to the best. Look at DDG last season and during fax-gate (until he signed his new contract).

    Not saying it as the sole reason, he did have a bad performance, but transfer/contract uncertainty can also cause performance issues.
    I think its one of them things i'll never completely understand. Probably none of us will. I get him having things on his mind regarding the transfer and moving away at a young age, but you deal with that at home and spare time. Once you cross that line and start that game, I dont get how your mind can be anywhere else for that that 90 minutes when you have that much to concentrate on playing in that position.

    He surely couldn't have been thinking about moving or buying his first Lamborghini with his massive new pay packet when he decided to go against every basic footballing rule and kick the ball with the wrong foot towards his own net?
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  10. Just to put my above message into a tiny bit of perspective if possible for us normal folk. If any of use here played semi-pro, sunday league or even in highschool, we didnt go into a game thinking about our GCSE maths test the next day, or playing semi-pro and having an interview for a new £25k a year job the day after. Once that game starts you play the game. Nothing else matters but winning. At least for me anyway.

    The only thing I can think of is last game of the season if a player doesnt want to get injured or booked and miss a final. But that is them thinking about the game and their personal situation of playing in a final. Nothing to do with personal life. Maybe if he's thinking about having a leg broke and his dream move going them fair enough but I dont see how that is on your mind in a split second decision at the end of a game.

    Like I said, its something I'll never understand or probably accept as an excuse, especially given my own experiences. But if anyone has another view i'd like to hear it.

  11. Got to say Lingard is a bit of an embarrassment to the badge at the moment, he really needs to grow up a bit with the stuff he keeps posting online. I do hope he realises that he has a massive following who aren't exactly happy with him due to last season anyway.

    God I miss the Fergie days, have an earring in your ear or a shit haircut then you'd be booted in the face and sent to the shower. *exaggerates*

  12. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Just to put my above message into a tiny bit of perspective if possible for us normal folk. If any of use here played semi-pro, sunday league or even in highschool, we didnt go into a game thinking about our GCSE maths test the next day, or playing semi-pro and having an interview for a new £25k a year job the day after. Once that game starts you play the game. Nothing else matters but winning. At least for me anyway.

    The only thing I can think of is last game of the season if a player doesnt want to get injured or booked and miss a final. But that is them thinking about the game and their personal situation of playing in a final. Nothing to do with personal life. Maybe if he's thinking about having a leg broke and his dream move going them fair enough but I dont see how that is on your mind in a split second decision at the end of a game.

    Like I said, its something I'll never understand or probably accept as an excuse, especially given my own experiences. But if anyone has another view i'd like to hear it.
    When playing sports is what you live of it is hard to put it in perspective. It isn't weird if you feel extra pressure, because you know you might get promoted if you do your thing well. Having stage fright when you have to perform and show what you're good at, knowing you're gonna get graded.

    The extra pressure you get just makes it more likely to choke or make stupid mistakes. Why do you think people say you can't train for penalties in a world cup final? Because you are thinking about the what if's. Doesn't even have to be for the penalties, it's a reason why most finales being played aren't entertaining or top level.

    That's why recently most proffesional athletes are having mental coaches. Not necesarrily because they have issues, but because they want to become stronger for all these possible things which might have impact on your performance on the field.

    It's another reason why people suggest that you don't go full time in a coaching role, because it is opportunistic and you can lose your job relatively fast. If you're being put into that kind of pressure, you need to be very strong to perform at your usual level or better knowing you might lose your whole income (this is more related to non-football coaches as in football there's so much money)

    Only the very best don't have the nerves, or let me say it differently, know how to cope with nerves. Even Messi seems to not properly perform for Argentina, because there's so much extra pressure for him.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    .... in a split second decision at the end of a game.
    Not quoting the entire post, but this one sentence stood out. It was a split second decision and he made a mistake. That's all.

    Are we making too big a deal of it?

    If he did the same thing in the opposition half would it be an issue?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by lxl Ra lxl View Post
    When playing sports is what you live of it is hard to put it in perspective. It isn't weird if you feel extra pressure, because you know you might get promoted if you do your thing well. Having stage fright when you have to perform and show what you're good at, knowing you're gonna get graded.

    The extra pressure you get just makes it more likely to choke or make stupid mistakes. Why do you think people say you can't train for penalties in a world cup final? Because you are thinking about the what if's. Doesn't even have to be for the penalties, it's a reason why most finales being played aren't entertaining or top level.

    That's why recently most proffesional athletes are having mental coaches. Not necesarrily because they have issues, but because they want to become stronger for all these possible things which might have impact on your performance on the field.

    It's another reason why people suggest that you don't go full time in a coaching role, because it is opportunistic and you can lose your job relatively fast. If you're being put into that kind of pressure, you need to be very strong to perform at your usual level or better knowing you might lose your whole income (this is more related to non-football coaches as in football there's so much money)

    Only the very best don't have the nerves, or let me say it differently, know how to cope with nerves. Even Messi seems to not properly perform for Argentina, because there's so much extra pressure for him.
    Very good post. And i can see what your saying. This is why i made the post to see it from this point coz personally i really cant understand it. Ive played football, albeit nowhere near that level or with any of that pressure. But once I started playing a match I had nothing in my head but that game and winning. wether that be shit on my mind, pissed from the night before or pressure of knowing ive got scouts watching me (which is the closest thing i could relate to).
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Snorks View Post
    Not quoting the entire post, but this one sentence stood out. It was a split second decision and he made a mistake. That's all.

    Are we making too big a deal of it?

    If he did the same thing in the opposition half would it be an issue?
    Again I dont see how a professional footballer, that has been coached in a professional set-up from at least 10 years old, doesnt know even in a split second under pressure to clear a ball with the foot swinging away from goal. Natural foot or not. Im sorry but no amount of reasoning can make me think of an excuse for that. And as somebody who played football for 15 years and could use both feet comfortably, it still pisses me off how professionals on tens and hundreds of thousands a week cant do something basic with their "weaker" foot. Personally by basic i mean playing a 20 yard pass with a weaker foot or hitting it past a keeper on a one on one , because I could do it. So I expect professionals to do at least the same. But this was literally swinging a leg and connecting with the ball to clear it. No skill involved.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  16. Still no improved Wan-Bissaka offer has been made apparently, this transfer window is getting depressing already. I'm just waiting for Solskjaer to turn up on 1st July with just James being signed saying "I'm happy with the players I've got".... same old, same old.

  17. My feelings scrolling through Facebook or Twitter:
    Attached Images
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  18. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Got to say Lingard is a bit of an embarrassment to the badge at the moment, he really needs to grow up a bit with the stuff he keeps posting online. I do hope he realises that he has a massive following who aren't exactly happy with him due to last season anyway.

    God I miss the Fergie days, have an earring in your ear or a shit haircut then you'd be booted in the face and sent to the shower. *exaggerates*
    Mate back in the day, we had players with their own game show, going on soccer am etc. The idea we wouldn't have seen this is flawed. Dwight Yorke on instagram would have been carnage.
    Last edited by Mike.; 21/06/2019 at 09:49 AM.

  19. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Still no improved Wan-Bissaka offer has been made apparently, this transfer window is getting depressing already. I'm just waiting for Solskjaer to turn up on 1st July with just James being signed saying "I'm happy with the players I've got".... same old, same old.
    Actually most people expect it to be tied up pretty soon. Ignoring castles, two others are saying improved bid has been made... It's even been in this thread so I question why you'd manage to even think this...

    We're not going to do the whole you moaning every two days thing again, we're really, really, not.
    Last edited by Mike.; 21/06/2019 at 09:40 AM.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Actually most people expect it to be tied up pretty soon. Ignoring castles, two others are saying improved bid has been made... It's even been in this thread so I question why you'd manage to even think this...

    We're not going to do the whole you moaning every two days thing again, we're really, really, not.
    I know it's a bit of a bubble on a forum ike this Mike but if you look on any other place I think it's fair to say that the majority of United fans are not exactly glimmering right now. But anyway, trying my best but you know how it is with transfer windows.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

  21. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by steveorobbo View Post
    Very good post. And i can see what your saying. This is why i made the post to see it from this point coz personally i really cant understand it. Ive played football, albeit nowhere near that level or with any of that pressure. But once I started playing a match I had nothing in my head but that game and winning. wether that be shit on my mind, pissed from the night before or pressure of knowing ive got scouts watching me (which is the closest thing i could relate to).
    With respect, you're an amateur footballer. You might play the same sport but you're not playing the same game. It does affect them even when they try to push it out, because it's their whole life. And they are human, some handle it better than others. Maybe it's because I've been lucky enough in my job to speak to a lot of footballers and sportsmen, but it's actually really easy to understand how things can affect them
    Last edited by Mike.; 21/06/2019 at 01:09 PM.
    steveorobbo likes this.

  22. Boothroyd again talking about AWB to Utd. Saying he will have no problem letting him leave for a medical. Can see this being done fairly quick especially since England lost again.

  23. I dunno how reliable Ogden has been recently, but this popped up - https://www.espn.in/football/soccer-...-for-transfers

    Apparently, we only have 100 Mn for transfers, which should be bullshit, considering we barely spent in the last two windows. But us not being able to complete deals quickly enough could be a worrying symptom regardin this.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    I dunno how reliable Ogden has been recently, but this popped up - https://www.espn.in/football/soccer-...-for-transfers

    Apparently, we only have 100 Mn for transfers, which should be bullshit, considering we barely spent in the last two windows. But us not being able to complete deals quickly enough could be a worrying symptom regardin this.
    Yeah it’s bollocks!

  25. Another goal and good game for Sanchez yesterday.


    Martial in pre season beast mode https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1...661868033?s=21

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Another goal and good game for Sanchez yesterday.


    Martial in pre season beast mode https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1...661868033?s=21
    Sanchez will be back walking his dogs next season and picking up a healthy pay packet. We're not seriously thinking he will turn it around at United are we? He wasn't even good in his last season for Arsenal when we signed him. Still here cos we can't get rid sadly.
    Last edited by zzeezzy; 22/06/2019 at 09:01 AM.

  27. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Sanchez will be back walking his dogs next season and picking up a healthy pay packet. We're not seriously thinking he will turn it around at United are we? He wasn't even good in his last season for Arsenal when we signed him. Still here cos we can't get rid sadly.
    Sanchez is currently playing really well. That's all the conclusion you can draw right now.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Sanchez will be back walking his dogs next season and picking up a healthy pay packet. We're not seriously thinking he will turn it around at United are we? He wasn't even good in his last season for Arsenal when we signed him. Still here cos we can't get rid sadly.
    That would be a fairy tale. It would be interesting if that happened, mind. Or if he atleast contributed to half decent performances. It was always expected that we wouldn't be able to move him on, and in such a scenario, if he reaches a stage where the team is not carrying him, then good.

    Also to note that he injured himself, and continued on despite that to score. Commitment, yes, but I don't know if there will be an injury lay-off because of that.

  29. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    That would be a fairy tale. It would be interesting if that happened, mind. Or if he atleast contributed to half decent performances. It was always expected that we wouldn't be able to move him on, and in such a scenario, if he reaches a stage where the team is not carrying him, then good.

    Also to note that he injured himself, and continued on despite that to score. Commitment, yes, but I don't know if there will be an injury lay-off because of that.
    Yep, it's just a wait and see game with him for now. Continue restructuring the rest of the side

  30. Would love to see Alexis up top tbh. Had a few good games there once Lukaku was out.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Would love to see Alexis up top tbh. Had a few good games there once Lukaku was out.
    Could be our best option when you consider Lukaku probably going.... that doesn't say much mind you.

  32. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    So De Ligt could be on around 450k a week at Juventus. Safe to say, that's probably done Pogba no good, unless Juve clear wages off the books

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    So De Ligt could be on around 450k a week at Juventus. Safe to say, that's probably done Pogba no good, unless Juve clear wages off the books
    You're kidding me? That's more than the supposed PSG offer. Jesus. He will be on a Messi/Ronaldo level salary come late 20s. And how is Juve affording this? Ramsey on 400k, de Ligt on 450k. Ronaldo on god-knows-how-much. Juve used to be known for their shrewd business, now it's that, combined with insane salaries.

  34. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    You're kidding me? That's more than the supposed PSG offer. Jesus. He will be on a Messi/Ronaldo level salary come late 20s. And how is Juve affording this? Ramsey on 400k, de Ligt on 450k. Ronaldo on god-knows-how-much. Juve used to be known for their shrewd business, now it's that, combined with insane salaries.
    Ramsey is on about 275, tbf, but still. Ronaldo is apparently on 30m a year after tax... which would mean a million a week

  35. Modern Day Legend
    There’s a man badly advised who just went chasing the money way too young.

    Never winning a European big one in Turin that’s for sure.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Ramsey is on about 275, tbf, but still. Ronaldo is apparently on 30m a year after tax... which would mean a million a week
    Are you sure about Ramsey? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47203118 Unless they include other stuff in it, or have exaggerated the amount, I'm not sure. With Ronaldo, Ramsey and now de Ligt, the salaries they are bandying about are Galactico levels. I have no idea how they are affording it. I know there were protests in Turin when Ronaldo was signed, based on the cost and the wages he is earning (I think Jeep financed that deal, I'm not sure).

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    There’s a man badly advised who just went chasing the money way too young.

    Never winning a European big one in Turin that’s for sure.
    Well, I'm not sure if it is that dire. Money-spinning move, yes, but it is not as bad an option as say, PSG. With Juve, now the league is getting slightly more competitive too, and he has a better shot at Europe there than with PSG. Plus, he can learn more with Chiellini/Bonucci there too. And playing with Ronaldo is an obvious attraction. Admittedly, the only other feasible options were United, Liverpool and Barcelona - he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter at Liverpool/Barca and I don't think any of the three clubs could afford the wage anyway.

    Not saying he hasn't moved for money, but you have to see that he has some positives too at Juve.

  38. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Are you sure about Ramsey? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47203118 Unless they include other stuff in it, or have exaggerated the amount, I'm not sure. With Ronaldo, Ramsey and now de Ligt, the salaries they are bandying about are Galactico levels. I have no idea how they are affording it. I know there were protests in Turin when Ronaldo was signed, based on the cost and the wages he is earning (I think Jeep financed that deal, I'm not sure).
    Ramsay is on the same wage as Dybala. Ronaldo is on more than people thought
    Sherkey likes this.

  39. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Well, I'm not sure if it is that dire. Money-spinning move, yes, but it is not as bad an option as say, PSG. With Juve, now the league is getting slightly more competitive too, and he has a better shot at Europe there than with PSG. Plus, he can learn more with Chiellini/Bonucci there too. And playing with Ronaldo is an obvious attraction. Admittedly, the only other feasible options were United, Liverpool and Barcelona - he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter at Liverpool/Barca and I don't think any of the three clubs could afford the wage anyway.

    Not saying he hasn't moved for money, but you have to see that he has some positives too at Juve.
    United was only a feasible financial option if we’re honest. Outside of that, per de Ligt, he wanted CL football. With a club as unstable as you currently are, that didn’t fit at all save for the £ signs.

    L’pool and City would never have been that ridiculous on the wage side. Although he’d of had no better coaches/ clubs on an upward trajectory, in World football to round himself out. And he’d of got more than his share of games at either with both looking at 50 odd/ 60 plus games a season going forward. Barcelona, IiMHO, was the most feasible and best situation if he hadn’t gone chasing the money. Série A is getting better. But not at the top end where it’s still a cake walk for Juve’s financial might. Ala Germany with Bayern and France with PSG. No real test domestically there at all. And that transcends into Europe when they come up against the real elite and a pace they struggle to live with.

    He’ll become tactically savvy in Italy. Walk to a lot of domestic silverware. And be very rich. Not that any of that’s a bad thing at all. Just far better situations his agent, if he wasn’t such a greedy bastard himself, should have been steering him toward for me.
    Last edited by Scouseinthehouse; 22/06/2019 at 02:54 PM.
    Sherkey likes this.

  40. Still matters that Juve is not the lifetime destination for him. He will most likely look for another move around 3-4 years down the line, once his period at Turin has passed. And he will have domestic silverware, be much better tactically and have played a lot, while still looking to compete in Europe every season, reaching into the later stages quite easily. Remember, Juve are much more competitive than PSG, atleast have better mentality.

    While I agree that Barca were his best option for development, he would probably have earned a quarter of his Juve salary. The way he is probably looking at it, learn from the best in the business, play with the best in the business and then go to Barca/elsewhere as a WC player, getting a salary increase on his current wages.

    His worst move would have been PSG, Juve I feel are a suitable middle-ground between competitiveness and pay package. Plus, Italy is not the schoolboy league (with the schoolboy stadiums) that France is. What I'm still puzzled at is how Juve can afford that salary. On top of Ronaldo's salary.
    dilakh2 likes this.

  41. Sánchez has been really good, and that is a great thing for us if we are to offload him.

  42. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Still matters that Juve is not the lifetime destination for him. He will most likely look for another move around 3-4 years down the line, once his period at Turin has passed. And he will have domestic silverware, be much better tactically and have played a lot, while still looking to compete in Europe every season, reaching into the later stages quite easily. Remember, Juve are much more competitive than PSG, atleast have better mentality.

    While I agree that Barca were his best option for development, he would probably have earned a quarter of his Juve salary. The way he is probably looking at it, learn from the best in the business, play with the best in the business and then go to Barca/elsewhere as a WC player, getting a salary increase on his current wages.

    His worst move would have been PSG, Juve I feel are a suitable middle-ground between competitiveness and pay package. Plus, Italy is not the schoolboy league (with the schoolboy stadiums) that France is. What I'm still puzzled at is how Juve can afford that salary. On top of Ronaldo's salary.
    Juventus was probably the best move for him developmental wise as right now he is an excellent ball playing CB but he is a bit iffy defensively ( who isnt at 19) so he can improve the defensive side of his game. A move to Barca or PSG would not have suited him especially the latter were the league games mean F all. Would youd guys have suited him developmental wise i'm not sure either coming into a frail back four were he would be expected to lead and were every mistake is amplified due to the nature of the Premier League. He's made the right choice going to Juve imo.
    Tyton and Sherkey like this.

  43. https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...firms-appointment-of-senior-goalkeeping-coach

    New GK coach.


    Also lots of reports in Spain saying that Madrid can’t afford Pogba this season. And I doubt Juve can either. Hopefully he stays plays well and helps us get back in the CL.

  44. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Rumours that DDG will get 350k a year. That's a much more reasonable top wage. And certainly far cheaper than replacing him with Oblak, who would cost 100m and demand DDGs current wage (200k) at a conservative minimum.

  45. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    TBH if I was was him, i'd say fuck the wage rise, give me more than one competent first team defender and midfield that doesn't shit itself when it loses the ball and ill sign anything you want

  46. We need to hurry this up, Ole will be back with the players a week tomorrow..... he did openly say he wanted his business done by the time pre-season was getting underway. I think he'll be forfeiting that and it will be rather a different story again.

    Still need a CB, RB, RW (could count James... but shouldn't be our go to guy this season for that position), CM x 2.... we haven't replaced Herrera.

    That's without even considering departures, I expected more than just Valencia and Herrera (the latter whom shouldn't really of left anyway).

    I don't know why but we just seem too slow with deals, taking too much time with this AWB... Palace had their price weeks if not months ago. It's almost like we work on one deal at a time tbh the way we go about things.

    -----

    P.S. this is not a negative post, we just need to get a move on. This squad as it stands will struggle with top 4.

  47. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    We need to hurry this up, Ole will be back with the players a week tomorrow..... he did openly say he wanted his business done by the time pre-season was getting underway. I think he'll be forfeiting that and it will be rather a different story again.

    Still need a CB, RB, RW (could count James... but shouldn't be our go to guy this season for that position), CM x 2.... we haven't replaced Herrera.

    That's without even considering departures, I expected more than just Valencia and Herrera (the latter whom shouldn't really of left anyway).

    I don't know why but we just seem too slow with deals, taking too much time with this AWB... Palace had their price weeks if not months ago. It's almost like we work on one deal at a time tbh the way we go about things.

    -----

    P.S. this is not a negative post, we just need to get a move on. This squad as it stands will struggle with top 4.
    No arguments here. Even I don't understand the one deal focus, honestly. We should have wrapped up these deals by now. Honestly, the only reason I can imagine for this delay is extreme haggling. You only do that when you have a very limited transfer budget, where even a couple of millions help. Regarding recent reports of United's 100 Mn budget too, can't help but wonder.

    We need to get AwB wrapped up quickly, and try and get in Bruno Fernandes at the earliest too. CB, I don't know of who we might target, which is depressing if Smalling and Lindelof are starting again. I still like Ruben Dias, but no concrete links with him and our one deal at a time means that could be a major problem.

  48. Yo, have we all taken a look at Everton Soares?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  49. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    No arguments here. Even I don't understand the one deal focus, honestly. We should have wrapped up these deals by now. Honestly, the only reason I can imagine for this delay is extreme haggling. You only do that when you have a very limited transfer budget, where even a couple of millions help. Regarding recent reports of United's 100 Mn budget too, can't help but wonder.

    We need to get AwB wrapped up quickly, and try and get in Bruno Fernandes at the earliest too. CB, I don't know of who we might target, which is depressing if Smalling and Lindelof are starting again. I still like Ruben Dias, but no concrete links with him and our one deal at a time means that could be a major problem.
    It's just all a bit odd.... we're not learning from our mistakes in the transfer market seemingly, going to run out of time once again and have a squad that is a mix of players the manager wants and doesn't want. Which is recipe for disaster really, like last season under Mourinho all over again but obviously Solskjaer won't moan about it I imagine.

    This non-existent Director of football is needed more than ever.... the fact we don't realise it is really worrying. I think Woodward does realise it, he just doesn't want one where it will have any bearing on his power. Sad really.

    Maybe we will see things pick up.... but not going to hold my breath.

  50. Chill guys chill. You really should not believe all that guff about managers wanting buisness done by a certain time. It simply doesn’t happen. Far to many factors in play both clubs, player, agent, families all involved in deals. Plus players have/still are away playing in competitions. Just chill out and wait for the season to start enjoy the summer stop believing the 100m budget bollocks also )))

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO