Like Tree39112Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. I'm very happy with Maguire. Better than our current CB's at every attribute. Only by signing Kouli or Varane we could do better than him.

  2. Ducker and MEN reporting Ed has stayed behind to finish Ole transfer plans. First time he’s not gone on tour straight away since Fergie last season.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Ducker and MEN reporting Ed has stayed behind to finish Ole transfer plans. First time he’s not gone on tour straight away since Fergie last season.
    For us Biesla wont be joining because he wants to have same training with playesr who join later+new singings who wont join the friendly.

  4. Maguire deal miles away according to Ogden, he can't see us meeting Leicester's valuation for him. I just want a CB and CM that gives Ole the best chance of succeeding this season, regardless of who it is we end up with. Kind of accepted we won't be getting a specialist RW this window, so hopefully James and Dalot can do a job there.
    Last edited by zzeezzy; 15/07/2019 at 07:57 PM.

  5. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Maguire deal miles away according to Ogden, personally can't see us meeting Leicester's valuation for him. I just want a CB and CM that gives Ole the best chance of succeeding this season, regardless of who it is we end up with. Kind of accepted we won't be getting a specialist RW this window, so hopefully James and Dalot can do a job there.
    Ogden is terrible and they are not miles away. Leicester aren't even standing in the way of a deal.
    United haven't made an officila bid yet, still negotiating through 3rd parties. Leicester are asking Maguire to continue being professional, which he is. He's told them he wants to leave Leicester but not handing in a request. Leicester equally have said, if valuation met deal is done.

    United will do their best to make the top end of any fee add ons. So we'll meet it close, but in add ons.

    Delaney expects us to bid around 50m for Fernandes

    Longstaff is the deal we're not even close on
    Last edited by Mike.; 15/07/2019 at 07:42 PM.
    zzeezzy likes this.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Ogden is terrible and they are not miles away. Leicester aren't even standing in the way of a deal.
    United haven't made an officila bid yet, still negotiating through 3rd parties. Leicester are asking Maguire to continue being professional, which he is. He's told them he wants to leave Leicester but not handing in a request. Leicester equally have said, if valuation met deal is done.

    United will do their best to make the top end of any fee add ons. So we'll meet it close, but in add ons.

    Delaney expects us to bid around 50m for Fernandes

    Longstaff is the deal we're not even close on
    Exactly. Got 2 clowns saying 2 completely different things within the space of 3 mins of each other. With Baldy saying he’s already left for a medical.

    In other news Shaw trained with no problems since Perth match. But Ole will asses to risk him or not for Leeds tomorrow.
    zzeezzy likes this.

  7. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Baldy is also terrible.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Ogden is terrible and they are not miles away. Leicester aren't even standing in the way of a deal.
    United haven't made an officila bid yet, still negotiating through 3rd parties. Leicester are asking Maguire to continue being professional, which he is. He's told them he wants to leave Leicester but not handing in a request. Leicester equally have said, if valuation met deal is done.

    United will do their best to make the top end of any fee add ons. So we'll meet it close, but in add ons.

    Delaney expects us to bid around 50m for Fernandes

    Longstaff is the deal we're not even close on
    Just to clarify those were the thoughts of Ogden not me about Maguire, he thinks we will not meet the valuation of Maguire.

    Personally I think we will get it over the line, probably not in 48 hours like Castles is saying though.
    Mike. and JonoMUFC like this.

  9. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Just to clarify those were the thoughts of Ogden not me about Maguire, he thinks we will not meet the valuation of Maguire.

    Personally I think we will get it over the line, probably not in 48 hours like Castles is saying though.
    That makes much more sense.

    Think its Maguire or bust on CBs as well. Given he's our 3rd option, unless we went for Dias, or Milenkovic, who arent ideal as they are right sided, and havent got the same ability to step in and lead. I'd be massively disappointed but have to agree with it.

  10. Great news coming out last night Simon Stoney, Ducker, Taylor, Wallace, Percy, Mitten, MEN, Everyone tweeting out at the same time that DDG has finally agreed to sign a new long term contract between 350-375k. Should be officially announced shortly
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 16/07/2019 at 05:11 AM.
    JonoMUFC likes this.

  11. From Ole’s Presser/Mutv Interview:

    Darmian, Fred, Henderson to join the team after the Leeds match.

    All but confirmed DDGs new contract.

    Sanchez will start training next week.

    Shaw is ok but won’t likely be risked

    Lindelof completely denied any talk of leaving.

    Tuanzebe has got a great chance of staying and playing this season, sees him a future star for Utd.

    Daniel James will play both LW/RW and will definitely start games this season.

    DDG, Lindelof, Bailly And Lukaku will all play against Leeds.
    JonoMUFC likes this.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Great news coming out last night Simon Stoney, Ducker, Taylor, Wallace, Percy, Mitten, MEN, Everyone tweeting out at the same time that DDG has finally agreed to sign a new long term contract between 350-375k. Should be officially announced shortly
    Its certainly been a great summer if we get this contract over the line

  13. So Haller is going to West Ham.

  14. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Great news coming out last night Simon Stoney, Ducker, Taylor, Wallace, Percy, Mitten, MEN, Everyone tweeting out at the same time that DDG has finally agreed to sign a new long term contract between 350-375k. Should be officially announced shortly
    Talks are still progressing.

    They tweeted the exact same thing last year. Lets wait until the club actually announce something

  15. Ravel Morrison to Sheffield on a year deal with option to extend.

    Call me pessimistic but I think he will be unemployed again this time next year

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Ravel Morrison to Sheffield on a year deal with option to extend.

    Call me pessimistic but I think he will be unemployed again this time next year
    Hope not!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Ravel Morrison to Sheffield on a year deal with option to extend.

    Call me pessimistic but I think he will be unemployed again this time next year
    I hope not, but its hard not to be pessimistic about Morrison

  18. Ole confirms that he still wants 2 in. And will replace players that leave also inc Lukaku.

  19. Ducker did an article last night on our current CB situation. Saying the club are actively looking at clubs for Rojo to be sold. Bailly, Smalling, Lindelof are going nowhere. And Phil Jones are being part of a discussed deal with Leicester in the Harry Maguire deal. Aston Villa want Tuanzebe back on loan but Ole will keep him if both Jones and Rojo do leave. That would be great buisness if we can shift Jones over to Leicester even though I guess that would make the deal a bit harder. If not keep him and Loan out Tuanzebe to Villa and stump up what Leicester want for Maguire cash wise.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Ducker did an article last night on our current CB situation. Saying the club are actively looking at clubs for Rojo to be sold. Bailly, Smalling, Lindelof are going nowhere. And Phil Jones are being part of a discussed deal with Leicester in the Harry Maguire deal. Aston Villa want Tuanzebe back on loan but Ole will keep him if both Jones and Rojo do leave. That would be great buisness if we can shift Jones over to Leicester even though I guess that would make the deal a bit harder. If not keep him and Loan out Tuanzebe to Villa and stump up what Leicester want for Maguire cash wise.
    Honestly? I would rather keep Jones here. I really like the look of Tuanzebe, but he is still young, and a full season of PL football will really do good for his career. If Tuanzebe is retained, he would be 5th choice behind Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly and Smalling. While he will still get some games (Europa League, Cups?), if he can be an undisputed starter at Villa, I would prefer that, honestly. Even at the cost of retaining Jones. I want to get rid of Jones, but I'd like to see Tuanzebe's development more.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Honestly? I would rather keep Jones here. I really like the look of Tuanzebe, but he is still young, and a full season of PL football will really do good for his career. If Tuanzebe is retained, he would be 5th choice behind Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly and Smalling. While he will still get some games (Europa League, Cups?), if he can be an undisputed starter at Villa, I would prefer that, honestly. Even at the cost of retaining Jones. I want to get rid of Jones, but I'd like to see Tuanzebe's development more.
    Don’t mind him staying provided he gets plenty mins in the cups etc. Anyway Hirst from the Times reckons it’s Bailly and Rojo faves to leave to make way for Tuanzebe to stay.

  22. Are we that worried about new Brexit rules and potential foreign player squad limits? I can think of no other reason why we keep Jones over Bailly. I mean, both are injury prone, but when not injured, Bailly is miles ahead of Jones. Unless he wants to be a first teamer as opposed to a rotational role.

  23. Both our Teams lineups.
    Keep an eye on Philips, he has been amazing for us and realy key person in our structure.

    Leeds:
    D_q0hRSU0AAzDlD.jpg
    Manchester:
    das.JPG

    Dont know why these are not shown as pic, forum is messing when adding pics.
    Last edited by Bujakaa92; 17/07/2019 at 12:11 PM.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Both our Teams lineups.
    Keep an eye on Philips, he has been amazing for us and realy key person in our structure.

    Leeds:
    Attachment 1211174
    Manchester:
    Attachment 1211175

    Dont know why these are not shown as pic, forum is messing when adding pics.
    Why is that IMG a pic of a guy taking a selfie ))))))))

  25. We have only 5 subs, because others are training with Bielsa at home

  26. We will be destroyed. Definetly when second half starts with fresh United players.

    I understand why Bielsa did not want to take part of this tour.

  27. Good match. Apart from the first 15 mins of each half where we were a bit sloppy. We played well again. Pressing. Playing at pace on the counter. Youngsters showing what there about. Nice to see a few tackles and competitive edge as expected against Leeds. Rashford finish was excellent as was Greenwood’s with clever movement to get ahead of the defender. On to the next


  28. Interesting. OGS on Greenwood: "He has a chance to start against Chelsea. I won’t say it is not a possibility. It is a good possibility if he keeps going as he does."

  29. Hirst and Peach saying Inters next bid will be 60m upfront +15m in add ons. TAKE IT!!!

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Hirst and Peach saying Inters next bid will be 60m upfront +15m in add ons. TAKE IT!!!
    If this is true, we should accept. Theres no way that Inter will raise anymore money

  31. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Talking points: Romelu Lukaku intent on leaving Manchester United for Inter Milan

    newpaul hirst, perth


    ShareSave



    El loco plans ahead

    Marcelo Bielsa’s dedication to planning and detail in this pre-season campaign cannot be under-stated. Bielsa has split his Leeds United squad into two groups, with the fittest group — who came back a week earlier than the rest — coming to Australia for their matches against Manchester United and Western Sydney Wanderers. The other half of the squad stayed in England to get their fitness up to speed. Bielsa flew to Australia on Tuesday but he wanted to make sure that the players who were training in Perth were not slacking so he watched a live stream of the session on his phone on the flight over and relayed instructions to his assistants.

    Bielsa even brought his famous blue bucket, which he sits on at Elland Road, to Perth with him. Bielsa sat on the bucket on the touchline during today’s defeat to United at the Optus Stadium. Bielsa was not entirely happy with he saw. A number of his players skied several shots, with Jack Harrison and Patrick Bamford among the worst offenders.
    Lukaku absent again



    Lukaku, front, is seeking a move to Inter Milan after two seasons at United
    GARY DAY/FROZEN IN MOTION/REX

    Romelu Lukaku was absent once again as he continues to hanker for a move to Inter Milan. It is understood that Inter will table a second bid for Lukaku in the coming days. The Italian club initially offered to take Lukaku on a two-year loan for a total of £63 million, payable in installments. Now they are expected to return with another bid of £60 million plus another £15 million in add-ons. United want £80 million for the forward, who was left out of the match-day squad after he suffered what Solskjaer described as a “knock” in training. Lukaku is the only outfield player not to feature for United on tour and the striker is convinced that his move to Inter will happen. It will be interesting to see if Lukaku plays in United’s next tour friendly which is against Inter in Singapore on Saturday. Solskjaer is certainly not happy that Lukaku missed today’s win and the victory over Perth Glory on Saturday.

    “Of course it’s not ideal when you miss training sessions. He missed towards the end of the training session yesterday and he missed the game again today so he’s missed two chances to play 45 minutes,” Solskjaer said. “At this stage of the season it’s important for us we get everyone fit so hopefully he’ll be available soon.”
    Change of formation
    Solskjaer has been experimenting with different formations in training and United have now used two different systems in their two tour games. United played 4-3-3 in the 2-0 win over Perth Glory and today Solskjaer set his team up in a 4-2-3-1 formation. One consequence of playing 4-2-3-1 is that Paul Pogba has to play in a deeper role than he is used to. Today he played for 45 minutes alongside Scott McTominay in a double-pivot in front of the back four. Pogba complained about playing in that system under José Mourinho because he expected the Frenchman to stay deep and spray passes from in front of the back four, but Solskjaer is happy to give the 26-year-old more chance to get forward.

    There were occasions today when Pogba was the deepest player on the pitch except the two centre-backs, but he ventured forward on plenty of occasions too. Pogba impressed in the first half, firing a low shot at goal, which Kiko Casilla, the Leeds goalkeeper, saved. A minute later, Pogba swiveled on the edge of the Leeds box before brushing past two white shirts only to see Casilla tip his shot wide. A fancy flick over Kalvin Phillips also impressed the crowd, as did the incisive pass he played into Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the build up to United’s first.
    Mason Greenwood
    One player who has benefitted from Lukaku’s absence is Mason Greenwood. The 17-year-old striker has been the talk of the academy for some time. He scored 30 goals in 29 games for the under-23s, under-19s and under-18s last season. Today he scored his first goal for the senior team by tapping in Wan-Bissaka’s cross from the right. United have been longing for a quick, exciting player to operate on the right wing for some time and Greenwood may just be the answer. Greenwood can play anywhere across the front three — and prefers to play centrally — but is equally as good with his left foot as he is with his right so the teenager could play on the right in order to cut in and shoot with his other foot. Solskjaer was very impressed with Greenwood, who will not be loaned out and is in contention to play the opening game of the season against Chelsea on August 11.

    “You see a talented boy there and he’s got every opportunity to make it as a Man United player,” Solskjaer said. “Of course it’s also going to be about luck, staying clear of injuries, being professional and I’m sure he’s going to grab his chance because everything is there for him. “He’s got a chance to start that one [against Chelsea] definitely. He’s capable, more than capable.”

  32. If Inter's latest offer is true £60m + £15m in add ons...... our valuation is £80m.... but I hope we just take it so that we give ourselves time to replace him. Only 3 weeks left tomorrow, it's more important that we replace him than haggle over the next weeks over £5m difference.

  33. Against Perth Glory, Manchester United recovered the ball 104 times with 33 in the final ? of the pitch. The last time United achieved a high amount in either category was in a 2-1 home win against Middlesborough (31 December 2016) with 110 and 38.

    A reward from pressing. Similar figures against Leeds also.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Against Perth Glory, Manchester United recovered the ball 104 times with 33 in the final ? of the pitch. The last time United achieved a high amount in either category was in a 2-1 home win against Middlesborough (31 December 2016) with 110 and 38.

    A reward from pressing. Similar figures against Leeds also.
    I mean this is always the benefits of a manager getting a preseason in. Hopefully this is evidence that Ole is imprinting his philosophy on the squad and we will see real change and difference come kickoff of the season

  35. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    If Inter's latest offer is true £60m + £15m in add ons...... our valuation is £80m.... but I hope we just take it so that we give ourselves time to replace him. Only 3 weeks left tomorrow, it's more important that we replace him than haggle over the next weeks over £5m difference.
    Depends on who we replace him with. Would love it to be Pepe. In which case, whatever Lille ask for, we should ask for form Inter
    JonoMUFC and Sherkey like this.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Depends on who we replace him with. Would love it to be Pepe. In which case, whatever Lille ask for, we should ask for form Inter
    Martial, Rashford, Pepe - that trio would be insane. And very fluid, too. But it'll be difficult to pull off Pepe. I reckon Liverpool will be in the running for him too, despite the silence recently.

  37. Hopefully see some of Fred against Inter tomorrow even if it’s just a few mins in the second half as he’s only just started training again. Really like him as a player. If Lukaku doesn’t feature AGAIN I reckon the talks with Inter must be pretty advanced. Also do Marzio reporting there interested in Darmian last night.

  38. Lukaku won’t feature again per Ole. Defo something going on transfer wise!

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Lukaku won’t feature again per Ole. Defo something going on transfer wise!
    Surely we can't even announce anything regarding Lukaku until we have got our signings done.... or else all the clubs will hike the prices up more.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Surely we can't even announce anything regarding Lukaku until we have got our signings done.... or else all the clubs will hike the prices up more.
    Might not be mate but it’s odd he came back early. And still allegedly not fit to play

  41. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Surely we can't even announce anything regarding Lukaku until we have got our signings done.... or else all the clubs will hike the prices up more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Might not be mate but it’s odd he came back early. And still allegedly not fit to play
    He's been injured during training.
    And zzezzy that doesn't necessarily matter, likely the club will have agreements with whoever the replacement is. Besides, if you're actually willing to sell a player there's only so much you can hike it up.

    Apparently Fekir's move to Betis might be on hold....

  42. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    He's been injured during training.
    And zzezzy that doesn't necessarily matter, likely the club will have agreements with whoever the replacement is. Besides, if you're actually willing to sell a player there's only so much you can hike it up.

    Apparently Fekir's move to Betis might be on hold....
    Ooh, Fekir would be an interesting punt to take. Injury concerns still remain, mind, but otherwise, he is a class player. Can imagine him playing a Dybala role, between a 9 and a 10. Plus, he would most likely accept a rotational role. Still would like Pepe, but dunno if we can get him.

    Also, any noises regarding signings? CB/CM? I'm unsure what is happening with Fernandes too.

  43. On Lukaku: Conte: "At this moment we are talking about a player from another club. I consider him an important player for us to have a good improvement for next season. At the same time, there is a market, we know very well our situation."

  44. https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/49052482
    Ornstein is saying United and City are refusing to pay what Leicester are asking. And from reports it seems that United may have started looking elsewhere

  45. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    By reports do you mean reddit? Because there's been nothing reputable anywhere.

  46. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    Ooh, Fekir would be an interesting punt to take. Injury concerns still remain, mind, but otherwise, he is a class player. Can imagine him playing a Dybala role, between a 9 and a 10. Plus, he would most likely accept a rotational role. Still would like Pepe, but dunno if we can get him.

    Also, any noises regarding signings? CB/CM? I'm unsure what is happening with Fernandes too.
    Maguire continues to rumble on. Delaney believes we'll offer 50m for Fernandes in the next week or so.

    United keeping a firm lid on everything it feels. I'm due up to the club in a couple of weeks for some media stuff
    JonoMUFC and Sherkey like this.

  47. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    If anyone is wondering why United really want Maguire (rightly or wrongly)

    This is why:

    JonoMUFC, Sherkey and RedUnited like this.

  48. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator


    The improvement of Maguire too.
    JonoMUFC and RedUnited like this.

  49. Starting 11: DDG, AWB, Tuanzebe, Lindeløf, Shaw, Matic, Pogba, James, Lingard, Martial, Rashford in a 4231.

  50. Lukaku won’t be going anywhere imo. Inter are cheap as fuck!



    Latest @Inter_en offer for Lukaku is €60m. Made a couple of days ago. Rejected and are miles off.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO