Like Tree38859Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Any names or just in general?
    cb wise? i suppose schar would be decent and i'd love a godin or miranda, otamendi seems to be having a good couple of seasons and then you have the obvious Hummels but imo sokratis is their best cb currently or most relialbe atleast but taking anyone from that dortmund defence is quite a risk on their current form.

As for as CM's Perez, vidal or strootman i'd take in a second.
    Theatreof Dreams likes this.

2. Interesting comments on MUTV. Said he doesn't know di Maria's best position yet and that he has no choice but to play 352 while his full backs are injured.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Interesting comments on MUTV. Said he doesn't know di Maria's best position yet and that he has no choice but to play 352 while his full backs are injured.
    So rafael is injured? so is this a new new injury because i'm could have sworn he's been training since maybe the southampton game.

4. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    cb wise? i suppose schar would be decent and i'd love a godin or miranda, otamendi seems to be having a good couple of seasons and then you have the obvious Hummels but imo sokratis is their best cb currently or most relialbe atleast but taking anyone from that dortmund defence is quite a risk on their current form.

As for as CM's Perez, vidal or strootman i'd take in a second.
    Yeah would like Schar,Strootman. Im not sure about Godin,Miranda,Perez due to there age. And Vidal has been poor this season. Hummel would love him but his injury record is shocking, shame after his grumblings about Dortmund last few weeks.

5. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    So rafael is injured? so is this a new new injury because i'm could have sworn he's been training since maybe the southampton game.
    Think he is training maybe just not been fit to start, think he must of meant have been injured, Rafa defo been trainin.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Yeah would like Schar,Strootman. Im not sure about Godin,Miranda,Perez due to there age. And Vidal has been poor this season. Hummel would love him but his injury record is shocking, shame after his grumblings about Dortmund last few weeks.

Godin is only 29 in feb, has a good injury record as far as i know and is a leader and an organiser look at terry well into his 30's and still one of the best in the country. It's defenders who have relied on pace that struggle in their latter years or have had crippling knee/calf injuries.

Maybe it's just me but i really don't like this age thing especially among FM players aha, to me if they don't have injury problems 27-30 are perfect time to sign players in their peak.

For example if we did get perez he'd just take fellaini's place in the squad and fellaini would then drop to fletchers/ando's and we'd actually have useful backups.

7. sod vidal just bring pogba back

8. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    sod vidal just bring pogba back
    One can dream, a midfield 3 of pogba, blind/carrick and di maria would be dynamite.

9. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    Godin is only 29 in feb, has a good injury record as far as i know and is a leader and an organiser look at terry well into his 30's and still one of the best in the country. It's defenders who have relied on pace that struggle in their latter years or have had crippling knee/calf injuries.

Maybe it's just me but i really don't like this age thing especially among FM players aha, to me if they don't have injury problems 27-30 are perfect time to sign players in their peak.

For example if we did get perez he'd just take fellaini's place in the squad and fellaini would then drop to fletchers/ando's and we'd actually have useful backups.
    TBH I just don't rate Perez and has not been great this season and the price he would cost am not that keen. Godin would be good signing despite his age tbh again depending on price. I read the other day in Times I think they wanted like 38m which is to much imo.

10. So no fellaini against newcastle ffs i thought he was just ill, get fecked with fletcher and rooney again.

11. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    One can dream, a midfield 3 of pogba, blind/carrick and di maria would be dynamite.
    cant see why it could not happen the 2 main reasons he left saf and first team playing time saf is gone and he would walk into the first team

12. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    cant see why it could not happen the 2 main reasons he left saf and first team playing time saf is gone and he would walk into the first team
    It probably could happen but we'd be battling everyone who could afford him and just my opinion but he'd choose psg, chelsea and real over us and bayern if pep decides he needs more cm's.

13. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    So no fellaini against newcastle ffs i thought he was just ill, get fecked with fletcher and rooney again.
    Said on MUTV that Smalling could be back, which would be no Evans Would start with -

De Gea
    Jones-Smalling-Blackett
    Rafa-Young
    Rooney-Carrick-Dimaria
    RVP-Falcao

14. Alcaraz's Avatar Alcaraz
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    so meesi cr7 bale and hummels then we are set
    Hummels hasn't been very good this season although I think that's more to do with Klopps tactics than anything else

15. Quote Originally Posted by Alcaraz View Post
    Hummels hasn't been very good this season although I think that's more to do with Klopps tactics than anything else
    tbh no 1 has been that good for them this season

16. Quote Originally Posted by Alcaraz View Post
    Been very injured as well. Would like to see him stay fit for more than a few months before we went anywhere near him. Admit though has been good since been back from the latest.

17. Alcaraz's Avatar Alcaraz
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Been very injured as well. Would like to see him stay fit for more than a few months before we went anywhere near him. Admit though has been good since been back from the latest.
    I am quite interested to see how Gundogan does now that he is nearing full fitness tbh

18. Quote Originally Posted by Alcaraz View Post
    I am quite interested to see how Gundogan does now that he is nearing full fitness tbh
    Yes mate me to. He is like the forgotten CM lol. Hope he gets back to his best!

19. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member

• Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      β€˜In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen β€” the most complete β€” is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.’
    SAF greatest ever.
    So no player is returning from injury maybe except Smalling. We have 2 games in 3 days so it would be very hard to rotate when we can't even fill our first 11. Rafael was fit but was not match fit so maybe he will get a home game rather than away game against Spurs.

Also there was some news on twitter (one guy who met whole squad) that Herrera, Shaw will be back for Spurs game and Blind will be back in 2 weeks.

Hopefully we play 4 man defense against Newcastle. Would love to see:

De Gea

Rafael Evans (Smalling if fit) Jones Young

Carrick

Rooney Di Maria

Mata

RVP Falcao

Fellaini, Herrera, Blind all are injured and our only midfield option is Fletcher.

20. Angelo Henriquez named in the Croation team of the half season. With 15gls in 14 games I think.
    sunilvk7 likes this.

21. Surely our top priority in January should be getting at least one fullback who is versatile? I mean right now due to our lack of fullbacks we are constantly having to use this system which can't be helpful to the players and manager. This system is just square pegs in round holes right now as in players and lets face it we're going to drop points because of it, like with Villa when they went down to 10 men we didn't look like scoring while using this formation but throughout much of the games we don't either, it's just lucky that we have class clinical strikers who finish our limited chances in games.

22. Lets hope Shaw doesn't enjoy the xmas food too much.......

Merry xmas you wankers.

23. Who do you think are realistic targets in January?

My personal views are Shawcross, Clyne or Coleman and Strootman or Khedira although don't think khedira has been the same since he came back from injury i think that'll be a good window but doubt it'll happen oh and Merry Xmas guys and a happy new year and another thing for those who don't have an MUTV sub(Like me) it's free on sky til January.
    zzeezzy likes this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Dazmufc93 View Post
    Who do you think are realistic targets in January?

My personal views are Shawcross, Clyne or Coleman and Strootman or Khedira although don't think khedira has been the same since he came back from injury i think that'll be a good window but doubt it'll happen oh and Merry Xmas guys and a happy new year and another thing for those who don't have an MUTV sub(Like me) it's free on sky til January.
    We defo wont be after Shawcross and I hope we are not plus LVG likes ball playing CBs. Southampton wont sell Clyne in Jan or any player Koeman has said this few times. I like Coleman but we will get robbed blind for him plus they wont sell as there still in Europe. Khedira has regressed big time and just signed new contract so wont be cheap either. Strootman is the only realistic one out of them as Roma are out of the CL but they are challenging for the title so wont be easy, most probs 30m plus to even tempt Roma. I honestly don't think we will sign anyone. Maybe Kevin Mendez young STR we are in talks with and Fabian Schar the CB as his contract is running out.

25. Merry X-Mas all anyways

26. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    We defo wont be after Shawcross and I hope we are not plus LVG likes ball playing CBs. Southampton wont sell Clyne in Jan or any player Koeman has said this few times. I like Coleman but we will get robbed blind for him plus they wont sell as there still in Europe. Khedira has regressed big time and just signed new contract so wont be cheap either. Strootman is the only realistic one out of them as Roma are out of the CL but they are challenging for the title so wont be easy, most probs 30m plus to even tempt Roma. I honestly don't think we will sign anyone. Maybe Kevin Mendez young STR we are in talks with and Fabian Schar the CB as his contract is running out.
    I know Shawcross isn't great on the ball but it's his leadership qualities and being fit is the thing I like about him plus I've never actually watched Fabian Schaar so can't comment and Hummel's is too injury prone so I put him as my realistic target. I think your right about Coleman Everton would probably ask around 30 mil+ and in Jan we would be screwed over hopefully clyne will be a target in the summer in the meantime I hope he promotes janko or varela for wing back cause I would rather have them than a quick fix for a few months. Strootman yeah would love him think we should be realistic about it Roma will try and squeeze us dry as well. What about Valdes has been training with us for a while might be a good back up for us but I don't think he would be happy with not being a starter. Never heard of Mendez but then again I'd never heard of Chicharito at some stage but now he's my favourite striker since shevchenko, I like that we have taken a look at a lot of youth players and given a chance to a few of them as well LVG defo building for the now and future.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Dazmufc93 View Post
    I know Shawcross isn't great on the ball but it's his leadership qualities and being fit is the thing I like about him plus I've never actually watched Fabian Schaar so can't comment and Hummel's is too injury prone so I put him as my realistic target. I think your right about Coleman Everton would probably ask around 30 mil+ and in Jan we would be screwed over hopefully clyne will be a target in the summer in the meantime I hope he promotes janko or varela for wing back cause I would rather have them than a quick fix for a few months. Strootman yeah would love him think we should be realistic about it Roma will try and squeeze us dry as well. What about Valdes has been training with us for a while might be a good back up for us but I don't think he would be happy with not being a starter. Never heard of Mendez but then again I'd never heard of Chicharito at some stage but now he's my favourite striker since shevchenko, I like that we have taken a look at a lot of youth players and given a chance to a few of them as well LVG defo building for the now and future.
    I just dont think Shawcross is good enough, especially when we will be in Europe next season. Plus don't even think LVG will be interested in him, being English will most probs have to add 10m onto his value. Its always going to be hard in Jan tbh will have to see what happens. I agree would sooner promote Janko if targets are not available and stop us playing 3 at the back. Valdes I think will sign if Lindergaard leaves which I think he wants to.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    I just dont think Shawcross is good enough, especially when we will be in Europe next season. Plus don't even think LVG will be interested in him, being English will most probs have to add 10m onto his value. Its always going to be hard in Jan tbh will have to see what happens. I agree would sooner promote Janko if targets are not available and stop us playing 3 at the back. Valdes I think will sign if Lindergaard leaves which I think he wants to.
    Yeah i agree being English adds unrealistic amounts and I do hope we go with 4 at the back just look more solid and I love the optimism "when we will be in Europe next season" god I wish my mates were like that but think that might have something to do with them supporting Liverpool lol. Does LVG rate Rafael or is he unfit or injured cause I haven't seen him for a while I really think he's good even if he's a bit rash.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Dazmufc93 View Post
    Yeah i agree being English adds unrealistic amounts and I do hope we go with 4 at the back just look more solid and I love the optimism "when we will be in Europe next season" god I wish my mates were like that but think that might have something to do with them supporting Liverpool lol. Does LVG rate Rafael or is he unfit or injured cause I haven't seen him for a while I really think he's good even if he's a bit rash.
    Just been injured mate and not been match fit. LOL Pool got no chance of Europe

30. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Just been injured mate and not been match fit. LOL Pool got no chance of Europe
    That's a relief thought he didn't rate him i just wish our defence was fit for a while, i want 4 denis irwins man he was never injured

31. Ok what's everybody's views on the Bale rumours honestly won't be in Jan but in the summer who would you rather have Bale for 90+ mil or Reus for about 20mil hypothetically speaking. My view is if we sign any of them it would be the end of Mata or Januzai plus I would rather have Reus for that kind of money absolute bargain.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Dazmufc93 View Post
    Ok what's everybody's views on the Bale rumours honestly won't be in Jan but in the summer who would you rather have Bale for 90+ mil or Reus for about 20mil hypothetically speaking. My view is if we sign any of them it would be the end of Mata or Januzai plus I would rather have Reus for that kind of money absolute bargain.

If you're talking those fees it's reus everyday of the week because for the rest of the money you spend on bale and also his wages which would be astronomical you could get 2 more world class players

33. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    If you're talking those fees it's reus everyday of the week because for the rest of the money you spend on bale and also his wages which would be astronomical you could get 2 more world class players
    Yeah completely agree plus it might be more with bale considering how much Perez spent but would Reus rather join us over barca, real or Bayern that I don't know.

34. Just watching Soccer Saturday ultimate premier 11 and The Great Dane, Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Ronaldo were all voted in it.

35. Quote Originally Posted by Dazmufc93 View Post
    Ok what's everybody's views on the Bale rumours honestly won't be in Jan but in the summer who would you rather have Bale for 90+ mil or Reus for about 20mil hypothetically speaking. My view is if we sign any of them it would be the end of Mata or Januzai plus I would rather have Reus for that kind of money absolute bargain.
    More chance of getting Bale than Reus as he has said to fancy Bayer or Madrid as his next team and has had talks with both clubs if rumours are true. Plus his injuries last few seasons would put me off. Would like bale tbh but is pricey but hey not my cash. If we get bale would be end of Valencia and Young for me not Mata and Januzaj

36. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Just watching Soccer Saturday ultimate premier 11 and The Great Dane, Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Ronaldo were all voted in it.
    No Keane or Scholes? fecking sky and their hard on's for patrick and slippy g.

Talent wise keane and scholes should be in it over giggs and tbh bale and pires both better footballers than giggs imo but giggs has that longevity and consistency.
    Last edited by smith123; 24/12/2014 at 10:48 PM.

37. Pires over Giggs uwotm8?

38. Quote Originally Posted by jordalicious View Post
    Pires over Giggs uwotm8?
    I'd probably pick giggs 9/10 but from what i remember of prime pires he was out-fucking-standing maybe what keane is to united fans, highly rated only by arsenal fans and not as many neutrals like keane.

I'm probably talking like a mong or just being to objective.
    Last edited by smith123; 24/12/2014 at 11:29 PM.
    jordalicious likes this.

39. Always hard figuring out what to do with Giggs in all these ultimate team debates. He was never really the best in his position, he was just about on the level of guys like Pires or Overmars in their peak. But he stayed near that level 3 times as long as everybody else , and when he aged he reinvented himself into completely new position and he was pretty fucking good at that too.

So its the peak form vs. consistency kind of thing. E.g. If I had to go for peak form, I'd vote Ronaldinho for best player ever, he was literally unstoppable during that 3-4 year period when he was actually 100% focused on football.
    smith123 likes this.

40. MUTV's XI

de Gea
    Jones Evans Blackett
    Valencia Carrick Rooney Young
    Di Maria
    Falcao RVP

41. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    Always hard figuring out what to do with Giggs in all these ultimate team debates. He was never really the best in his position, he was just about on the level of guys like Pires or Overmars in their peak. But he stayed near that level 3 times as long as everybody else , and when he aged he reinvented himself into completely new position and he was pretty fucking good at that too.

So its the peak form vs. consistency kind of thing. E.g. If I had to go for peak form, I'd vote Ronaldinho for best player ever, he was literally unstoppable during that 3-4 year period when he was actually 100% focused on football.
    no one has given me more enjoyment in football than Ronaldinho at his peak, its a catastrophe for football that he lost his way the guys an absolute fucking genius

42. Shamoon Hafez@ShamoonHafez Follow Paddy McNair starts for #MUFC. Pereira sub. De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Evans, McNair, Young, Carrick, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao #MUFC

43. Mark Ogden?@MOgdenTelegraph Follow No Di Maria in #mufc squad today

44. Newcastle United FC?@NUFC Follow #NUFC at @ManUtd (4-2-3-1): Alnwick; Janmaat, Coloccini (c), S.Taylor, Dummett; Colback, Anita; Sissoko, Perez, Gouffran; Armstrong

45. Daniel Taylor@DTguardian Follow Confirmation that Angel Di Maria was injured in last #MUFC training session

46. What the bloody hell goes on in our training sessions? Military training? The amount of training injuries this season is utterly ridiculous.

47. Quote Originally Posted by Sherkey View Post
    What the bloody hell goes on in our training sessions? Military training? The amount of training injuries this season is utterly ridiculous.
    Its odd. Cant blame manager either, our record has been shocking since 2011/12 season.

48. what time is kickoff?

49. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Its odd. Cant blame manager either, our record has been shocking since 2011/12 season.
    No mate, I don't think we've had this many injuries since ever. There were many people (Phelan included, I think) commenting about the fact that the players are not able to adjust to van Gaal's new training methods (twice in a day, instead of once), and that that extra load is apparently what is causing the repeated injuries. I guess it'll eventually either make or break us, I'm hoping it's the former.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO