Like Tree39103Likes

The Manchester United Thread

  1. Gianluigi Longari?@Glongari Follow #mufc offerta per #hummels #BVB


  2. You WILL give me Hummels

  3. Wouldn't read much into the Hummels story now tbh, it's a real easy rumour for the media to make up and there has been nothing really credible linking us or portraying truth in the story from my knowledge.

    Plus, I haven't watched Dortmund at all this year but few people tell me he's been rather woeful, admittedly the whole side has, but still.

  4. Ian Ladyman?@Ian_Ladyman_DM Follow #MUFC have agreed a two-year contract with goalkeeper Victor Valdes. See Mail Online.

  5. Craig Norwood@CraigNorwood Follow Víctor Valdés signing for Manchester United a great addition as a number two at the club. 18-month contract. With option of extension.

  6. Craig Norwood@CraigNorwood Follow Currently staying at the Lowry Hotel, Valdés is now looking for property in the same street/area as De Gea, Mata & Herrera.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Wouldn't read much into the Hummels story now tbh, it's a real easy rumour for the media to make up and there has been nothing really credible linking us or portraying truth in the story from my knowledge.

    Plus, I haven't watched Dortmund at all this year but few people tell me he's been rather woeful, admittedly the whole side has, but still.
    Its a easy one to make up tbh. But we know LVG wants him, and its weird that its being reported in Italy,Germany,England by different people. Its ON my muppet juices are flowing

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Its a easy one to make up tbh. But we know LVG wants him, and its weird that its being reported in Italy,Germany,England by different people. Its ON my muppet juices are flowing
    I'd be more excited over Varane, even though he's younger, he just oozes class whenever I see him play. Probably not realistic either but I'd pay good money for him so we should test the waters and try sign him because apparently he's only started 5 La Liga games this season.
    Last edited by zzeezzy; 07/01/2015 at 04:06 PM.
    MANUMAD likes this.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    I'm more excited over Varane, even though he's younger, he just oozes class whenever I see him play. Probably not realistic either but I'd pay good money for him so we should test the waters and try sign him because apparently he's only started 5 La Liga games this season.
    Varane wont be going anywhere no matter how much we test the water. Especially with Zidane blowing smoke up his arse saying that he will be one of Madrids greatest players. Plus his new 6yr deal with massive clause.

  10. SSN reporting Valdes deal.

  11. What do you think this says about DDG? the valdes deal

  12. Quote Originally Posted by ludwig118 View Post
    What do you think this says about DDG? the valdes deal
    i have a fuuny feeling he may be off but if real want him i would make varane part of the deal or just tell real to fuck off

  13. Quote Originally Posted by ludwig118 View Post
    What do you think this says about DDG? the valdes deal
    Nothing its only a short term deal.

  14. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    His deal runs out the same time as De Gea's. Very much doubt its a replacement. Also no different to the likes of Bayern with Neuer and Reina
    Theatreof Dreams likes this.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    His deal runs out the same time as De Gea's. Very much doubt its a replacement. Also no different to the likes of Bayern with Neuer and Reina
    What do you think to the sudden Hummels rumors mate?

  16. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    What do you think to the sudden Hummels rumors mate?
    Two things:
    1) It's very easy to make them up
    2) It's no secret LVG covets him and would seek any chance to get him.

    Wait and see, frankly. I personally would expect no move before the summer.
    MANUMAD likes this.

  17. Extract from James Ducker (The Times) article from today.
    Although United expect to do the majority of their transfer business next summer, the club are in the market for a centre half, midfielder and right back and will act if a leading target becomes available.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Two things:
    1) It's very easy to make them up
    2) It's no secret LVG covets him and would seek any chance to get him.

    Wait and see, frankly. I personally would expect no move before the summer.
    Yeah think Summer also maybe get an agreement in place. Think Woody will still test the waters in Jan.

  19. Finn@FutbolFinn Follow Delaney reckons United CB targets are: Godín, Hummels and Schar. (For January)

  20. Miguel Delaney:"The Vlaar deal looked almost certain 2 months ago, but now, United are looking for better deals elsewhere." #mufc

  21. Miguel Delaney:"van Gaal wants Strootman to happen this window. United will have to pay big money, but LVG definitely wants it to happen."

  22. [Asked whether he can see #mufc not signing a CB in Jan] Delaney:"Personally,no.LvG doesnt especially rate his current choice of defenders."

  23. From Miguel Delaney's webchat:
    United have purposefully been quiet about their transfer business - but I believe this is because of Ed Woodward learning the lessons of previous windows - although I have heard that Van Gaal still wants to bring in a defensive midfielder and at least one centre-back. Getting them, of course, is another issue but, as far as I've been told, that's their "plan".

    I've heard absolutely nothing on Coleman from various United sources. That's not to say it's not true, but have asked several people and there's been nothing coming back on it.

    No. Don't think Hummels, the club captain, will leave Dortmund in such trouble mid-season.

    I heard that Van Gaal burst out laughing when he heard the Bale story. I think, to be fair, there may be a deeper issue here and it isn't impossible that Bale leaves Real in the short-term future, but not now.

    Van Gaal wants Strootman to happen this window. I have that totally confirmed. It will still take a lot to actually make it happen, though, not least United stumping up big cash - but LVG definitely wants it to happe

    I don't know who exactly, but they have a long list of targets that includes Hummels, Godin (both unlikely), Vlaar and Schar, from what I know. I've heard Vidic has been broached as an emergency back-up option if they can't bring in any other CBs, but it's only been thrown around as an idea, no-one actually acting on it yet.

    Real sources I've spoken to are adamant Varane will not leave. From what I understand, though, "his people" have been telling United and Chelsea something different.

  24. Hummels is one handsome bastard it has to be said.
    Theatreof Dreams likes this.

  25. SSN Saying that they have been told Valdes is signing as a No2 and Lindgaard likely to leave.

  26. mats hummels transfer might not be possible till end of season cause if he leave dortmund when they are in a bad position it will show that he dont have loyalty . van gaal should just try to get some one great and cheap

  27. There's a lot of chatter that Valdes has signed. Must admit Ive never thought much of him (ok I was always wondering how such a brill team would have him as a GK) but I guess he'd be a good backup if thats what he comes in as (and "better" than Lindegaard).

    However I *AM* concerned about what him coming in will do to De Gea (who hasnt signed a new contract yet). Any thoughts?

  28. But would Valdes want to be a number two? With De Gea being so awesome in the season, there is no chance valdes get to play unless van gaal rest him or he got injured

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    SSN Saying that they have been told Valdes is signing as a No2 and Lindgaard likely to leave.

    Of course he's number 2, De Gea isn't leaving this window.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by MANUMAD View Post
    There's a lot of chatter that Valdes has signed. Must admit Ive never thought much of him (ok I was always wondering how such a brill team would have him as a GK) but I guess he'd be a good backup if thats what he comes in as (and "better" than Lindegaard).

    However I *AM* concerned about what him coming in will do to De Gea (who hasnt signed a new contract yet). Any thoughts?
    Does not mean anything. SSN are saying he has signed as a number 2. Plus if he and De Gea leave in 18 months then what we have no keeper!
    - Valdes is a player LvG knows (and brought through to an extent)
    - Lindegaard wants to go play first team footy
    - Valdes has just recovered from serious injury
    - Is available for free
    - Wages may be paid mostly by Monaco
    - Valdes probably happy to be #2 for now while he recovers

    It suits everyone. We get a decent #2, Valdes gets to continue his recovery and perhaps play a few games and Anders gets his move away.

    Valdes is more likely to leave when he has recovered in order to play as a #1 again, the 18 month contract will give him security if it doesn't work out (who can blame him after the Monaco fiasco).

    That's how I see it.

  31. TO everyone losing your shit over this -

    - Valdes is a player LvG knows (and brought through to an extent)
    - Lindegaard wants to go play first team footy
    - Valdes has just recovered from serious injury
    - Is available for free
    - Wages may be paid mostly by Monaco
    - Valdes probably happy to be #2 for now while he recovers

    It suits everyone. We get a decent #2, Valdes gets to continue his recovery and perhaps play a few games and Anders gets his move away.

    Valdes is more likely to leave when he has recovered in order to play as a #1 again, the 18 month contract will give him security if it doesn't work out (who can blame him after the Monaco fiasco).

    That's how I see it.
    yiliang99 likes this.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    TO everyone losing your shit over this -

    - Valdes is a player LvG knows (and brought through to an extent)
    - Lindegaard wants to go play first team footy
    - Valdes has just recovered from serious injury
    - Is available for free
    - Wages may be paid mostly by Monaco
    - Valdes probably happy to be #2 for now while he recovers

    It suits everyone. We get a decent #2, Valdes gets to continue his recovery and perhaps play a few games and Anders gets his move away.

    Valdes is more likely to leave when he has recovered in order to play as a #1 again, the 18 month contract will give him security if it doesn't work out (who can blame him after the Monaco fiasco).

    That's how I see it.
    what happend with monaco?

  33. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    what happend with monaco?
    He had a pre-contract agreement with them that they cancelled due to his injury. I assume/guess he is owed some sort of compensation/early cancellation payment.
    Theatreof Dreams likes this.


  34. BBC saying that senior sources at OT are relaxed that DDG will sign an extension on his current contract.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    BBC saying that senior sources at OT are relaxed that DDG will sign an extension on his current contract.
    ill be more relaxed when he does

  36. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    ill be more relaxed when he does
    Me to LOL but confident he will!

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Me to LOL but confident he will!
    well even if he does sign does not mean much just that we can ask more for him

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    BBC saying that senior sources at OT are relaxed that DDG will sign an extension on his current contract.
    Tbh that tells us nothing because say for example De Gea desperately wanted to leave, senior sources wouldn't then brief he's not signing an extention and he wants to go because it makes the club's stance over negotiations weaker. Honestly not saying this is the case, but just thought I'd point it out.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    All you guys worrying about DDG possibly leaving cause of Valdez. This is the real reason. Good spot Theatreof Dreams

    But in all seriousness, DDG shouldn't leave. We helped him even when everyone was saying he was a flop when he first arrived. Would be sad if he left after all that.
    Theatreof Dreams likes this.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Puddz View Post
    All you guys worrying about DDG possibly leaving cause of Valdez. This is the real reason. Good spot Theatreof Dreams

    But in all seriousness, DDG shouldn't leave. We helped him even when everyone was saying he was a flop when he first arrived. Would be sad if he left after all that.
    Just seems like the writing is on the wall and the inevitable shall happen that De Gea ends up at Real Madrid. Hope I'm wrong as I don't want it to happen.

  41. I just don't get why we would sign a keeper on 18 month deal, could be shit after his injury and may not perform in the Prem. Then have 2 keepers leave at the same time. Then we would have no 1st choice and no 2nd choice keeper in 18 months. To me DDG will sign Vlades will be no2 because Lindergaard and Amos are leaving.

  42. If we are after a CB I hope we are looking/scouting Giminez from Atletico Madrid. Imo I think he will be as good if not better than Varane when he gets to his age.

  43. Graeme Bailey@GraemeBailey Follow Goal understands that Burnley have agreed a deal with @ManUtd for defender Michael Keane - full story to follow http://www.goal.com/en-gb?ICID=

  44. Rumours going round that Januzaj is off to PSG on loan with option to possibly buy.

  45. United are relaxed about De Gea’s future, after a first half to the 2014/15 campaign in which he has established himself as the top keeper in the Premier League and have been more focused on offloading players in the past month. Anderson is another player United are anxious to get off the payroll and Adnan Januzaj may leave on loan to Paris Saint Germain. Quote from the Telegraph.

  46. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Rumours going round that Januzaj is off to PSG on loan with option to possibly buy.
    Gtfo, Pogba esque fuck up incoming.

  47. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    Gtfo, Pogba esque fuck up incoming.
    Only rumours

  48. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Only rumours
    Club isn't that stupid to have a buy clause in a januzaj loan.
    Last edited by smith123; 07/01/2015 at 10:03 PM.

  49. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    Club isn't that stupid to have a buy clause in a januzaj loam.
    Would think so maybe LVG don't rate him, but cant see why. Really think loan would be good though, but not to them. Needs to be playing week in week out.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO