Like Tree38859Likes

The Manchester United Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Would think so maybe LVG don't rate him, but cant see why. Really think loan would be good though, but not to them. Needs to be playing week in week out.
    I dunno i can see why people or LVG wouldn't rate him, when played as a winger he hasn't got that dazzling dribbling or blistering pace that someone like depay has for example also has poor decision making imo or atleast when featured this season. But he has got talent no doubt i just question whether he is a winger.

2. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    I dunno i can see why people or LVG wouldn't rate him, when played as a winger he hasn't got that dazzling dribbling or blistering pace that someone like depay has for example also has poor decision making imo or atleast when featured this season. But he has got talent no doubt i just question whether he is a winger.
    Agree 100 % mate defo not a winger. Should be played behind the 2 but he aint gonna get ahead of Rooney or Mata anytime soon. Think he decision making will improve with age and experience. Just think he will have to leave to get it. On loan though! Would love if we signed Depay while you mention him

3. Louis van Gaal to step up Jose Gimenez interest as Atletico REJECT Man City's £17m bid

MANCHESTER UNITED boss Louis van Gaal is to step up his interest in Atletico Madrid defender Jose Gimenez after City failed in their £17m bid.

4. That Gimenez lad who I just posted about who we are linked with. Just made Varane his bitch and scored a great header against Madrid in the cup. Looks some talent this lad and so young. Kept Benzema quite all game till was subbed and matched Bale for pace in his runs.

5. Daniel Feliciano@dmf180593 Follow Zinedine Zidane has confirmed that Guillermo Varela is set to sign a permanent contract with Real Madrid Castilla. #MUFC #RMCF

6. Rumour has it Keane will cost Burnley between 3-4m. Clubs after Thorpe to.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Daniel Feliciano@dmf180593 Follow Zinedine Zidane has confirmed that Guillermo Varela is set to sign a permanent contract with Real Madrid Castilla. #MUFC #RMCF
    is he any good?

8. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    is he any good?
    Better than any of our other young fullbacks like Janko, bloody joke we're letting him leave in our current situation if you ask me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    is he any good?
    Was highly rated by coaches under Moyes. I watched him a lot last season, and was shocked he was not back up to Rafa was levels above Reserve league. Lost in the Moyes/LVG transition it looks, plus Zidane most probs turning his head.

10. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Better than any of our other young fullbacks like Janko, bloody joke we're letting him leave in our current situation if you ask me.
    Defo but I do rate Janko.

11. Can really see another big turn around in players before next season. Getting rid of the deadwood in 1st team/Reserves and really stream lining our wages for maybe 5-6 new players. Cant see many loans like this year, reckon we will be selling not loaning this time.

12. ?ukasz@0stman Follow Barnsley have made an approach to sign #MUFC midfielder Ben Pearson on loan, according to Daily Mail.

13. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    is he any good?
    Never seemed amazing to me. He's something like Rafael just worse. He's not that young anymore. He's 21 I think. He'll probably be decent in couple of years.

14. Love everything about Atletico Madrid, team ethic, hard working, Simeone celebrating with the ball boy, what football is all about IMO.
    MANUMAD likes this.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    Never seemed amazing to me. He's something like Rafael just worse. He's not that young anymore. He's 21 I think. He'll probably be decent in couple of years.
    Amazing or not, when Rafael and Shaw are injured our fullback count stands at a grand total of 0 and we have to use three at the back shitty formations.

We need all the fullbacks we can get, basically, why would we let go of our best prospect fullback in our circumstances makes no sense.

He's not amazing, but he could do a job and do it well, just as good as McNair or Blackett is in their respective position, they aren't awesome either.

16. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Amazing or not, when Rafael and Shaw are injured our fullback count stands at a grand total of 0 and we have to use three at the back shitty formations.

We need all the fullbacks we can get, basically, why would we let go of our best prospect fullback in our circumstances makes no sense.

He's not amazing, but he could do a job and do it well, just as good as McNair or Blackett is in their respective position, they aren't awesome either.
    He's probably just as good as they are, however that's his natural position and he would do better job than McNair. However, not to fussed about this transfer.

17. Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Love everything about Atletico Madrid, team ethic, hard working, Simeone celebrating with the ball boy, what football is all about IMO.
    They have some quality players as well Godin,Turan,Koke,Griezmann,Saul,Gimenez,Oblak,Mand zukic.

18. I think Vareala is better than some on here are making out. Having watched all the Reserve games he played in and a couple of youth tournaments at international level. Will be wasted at Madrid coz there youth policy is dire, but he can defo reach Rafa level!

19. WOW just been on SSN that it would cost about 690m euros to buy Messi out of Barca
    Last edited by Theatreof Dreams; 07/01/2015 at 11:27 PM. Reason: more info

20. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    WOW just been on SSN that it would cost about 690m euros to buy Messi out of Barca
    Looks like Roman needs to acquire some more dirty money and line the pockets of Fifa.
    Theatreof Dreams likes this.

21. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    Looks like Roman needs to acquire some more dirty money and line the pockets of Fifa.
    LOL they would have to sell there whole 1st team

22. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    LOL they would have to sell there whole 1st team
    He may have to dip into his cayman accounts.

23. 26 days left
    Lippo255 likes this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    He may have to dip into his cayman accounts.
    im sure putin would help if asked

25. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    im sure putin would help if asked
    Not sure invading and going to war with the catalans would help, but then again.
    MANUMAD likes this.

26. #mufc will accelerate contract talks with David De Gea after the signing of Victor Valdes. [dmail]
    10:27 PM - 7 Jan 2015

27. Ed Woodward, David De Gea & Jorge Mendes plan to move the matter of De Gea's renewal forward this month. [dmail]
    10:32 PM - 7 Jan 2015

28. United can only hope that the expressed preferences of his family prove significant in the weeks to come.

Certainly, when Sportsmail spent time talking to former coaches and childhood friends of De Gea in October, the indications were that both the player and his parents are content in Manchester. That has not changed.

In truth, dad Jose and mum Marivi, who live with De Gea in the city, now enjoy a stress-free English lifestyle and have little desire to see De Gea return to the spotlight of the Spanish game.

As one source close to the family said: ‘They are super-happy in Manchester. If it was all up to them, they would prefer for him to stay here.

‘In Spain, there would be huge pressure. You have four newspapers per day devoted to Real and Barcelona, invading your privacy. To replace Iker Casillas for both Spain and Real Madrid — can you imagine the scrutiny he would face?’

29. That was an interview with some English press. DDG is staying and that is that :-)

30. Manchester United @ManUtd
    Follow
    #mufc youngster Ben Pearson has joined League One club Barnsley on a month-long loan deal.

31. UtdReport.com@UtdReport Follow #mufc have now made the renewal of David De Gea a priority. [Andy Mitten via @FutbolFinn]

32. Manchester United @ManUtd
    Follow
    #mufc is delighted to announce that Victor Valdes has signed an 18-month contract with an option for a further year.

33. Manchester United@ManUtd Follow Valdes: "It's a real honour to sign for Manchester United. I can already see that this is a very special club."

34. van Gaal:
    He joins the club as the number two goalkeeper and is a great addition to the first team.

35. Lets be honest who thought after the Fellaini window debacle 18 months later we would have signed Rojo,Blind,Shaw,Mata,DiMaria,Herrera,Falcao,Valdes . FM/FIFA stuff LOL. Welcome Valdes

36. Valdes: "When I first came to the training ground I saw the big red letters of Manchester United & for me it's like a dream." #WelcomeValdes

37. van Gaal:
    He joins the club as the number two goalkeeper and is a great addition to the first team.

38. Valdes on De Gea "I think now David is the best goalkeeper in the world."

39. Craig Norwood @CraigNorwood
    Follow
    Víctor Valdés will wear shirt number 32 at Manchester United.

40. Frans Hoek @Frans_Hoek
    Follow
    Victor welcome to the Manchester United family

41. Dutch Football@football_oranje Follow Strootman won't talk about Manchester United move http://www.football-oranje.com/strootman-wont-talk-about-manchester-united-move/ …

42. So, United enters wide list of clubs who have 3 goalkeepers better than Liverpool. Lolz
    MANUMAD likes this.

43. Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    So, United enters wide list of clubs who have 3 goalkeepers better than Liverpool. Lolz
    LOL

44. Maybe have a cheeky £10 bid on the treble next season

45. Quote Originally Posted by Theatreof Dreams View Post
    Lets be honest who thought after the Fellaini window debacle 18 months later we would have signed Rojo,Blind,Shaw,Mata,DiMaria,Herrera,Falcao,Valdes . FM/FIFA stuff LOL. Welcome Valdes
    And they'll be plenty more signings in the current window I imagine.

The Manchester United Thread-1408201098362_wps_7_bvkcnneiiaa4urz_jpg.jpg

46. Quote Originally Posted by Chelski Shogun View Post
    And they'll be plenty more signings in the current window I imagine.

Attachment 743735
    Reckon by the start of next season we will have some scary team and squad. Looks like LVG only interested in top players/ top talent
    Chelski Shogun and MANUMAD like this.

47. Can see Herrera dropping right down the pecking order come next summer.

48. Quote Originally Posted by smith123 View Post
    Can see Herrera dropping right down the pecking order come next summer.
    Should not do really. Will still get plenty games tbh. Cant see us signing more than 1-2 CMs and having CL should still feature plenty.

49. Chuffed for Michael Keane. Hope he has a good career! Think will reach Shawcross level in couple years.
    Chelski Shogun and MANUMAD like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO