Like Tree2661Likes

The Premier League Thread

1. What a shit atmosphere for a final. Feels like I’m watching it from space on my stream. The camera is so far away from the pitch. Fans must feel a mile away also!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    What a shit atmosphere for a final. Feels like I’m watching it from space on my stream. The camera is so far away from the pitch. Fans must feel a mile away also!
    There is crowd?

But yeah, horrible final prep and doing by UEFA

3. Fun/sad fact
    EL final is played by English teams but there is only one English player on pitch....

4. Been like watching a legends reunion for most parts! Arsenal imploding.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Feels like I’m watching it from space on my stream.
    Just curious dont you have good channels in UK that show big europa competitions live? Or where do you watch PL games, only streams?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Just curious dont you have good channels in UK that show big europa competitions live? Or where do you watch PL games, only streams?
    I have SKySports, MUTV. Use to have. BT Sports but what games they show I just stream now.

7. Modern Day Legend
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...titutions.html

For once, an absolutely bang on move from UEFA.

100% behind this.

You DON'T F around with head injuries. And no team should be penalised whilst a players being fully assessed.

8. Nice read from Delaney, for any "What has Poch won?" lurkers/members:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8936161.html

9. Is it season start yet ))
    iamauser likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Is it season start yet ))
    The current one hasn't finished according to Spurs and Liverpool...

11. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    The current one hasn't finished according to Spurs and Liverpool...
    Who?
    Snorks likes this.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Who?
    I don't know probably some smalltime operations at a guess.

13. Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani travels to Qatar to talk with PSG owners about buying stake in club

A bit worrying to be honest. Close source still staying that no selling is an option, but media is building up something more.

14. https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/stat...46833705209856

IF someone is interested to dwell into money and what difference CL vs EL makes.
    Glad to see Spurs at second place because of CL.

15. ?

Aston Villa and Club Brugge have agreed the transfer of Brazilian striker Wesley, subject to a work permit and international clearance.http://bit.ly/2IGyjZp #AVFC

6:00 PM - Jun 13, 2019

16. ?

We can confirm that we have taken up the option to permanently transfer Kortney Hause from Wolves.

The 23-year-old, who has represented England at Under-20 and Under-21 level, becomes the club’s third signing since winning promotion to the Premier League.#OurHause #AVFC

17. https://mobile.twitter.com/martynzie...19805335801857

Thank god if yous lot haven't watched the women's world cup. Some of the refereeing will make Mike Dean and co. look competent.

18. It’s been ridiculous!

19. ?

It is with disappointment that we announce manager Rafael Benítez will leave Newcastle United upon the expiry of his contract on 30th June 2019.

Full club statement: https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/club-statement-rafa-ben%C3%ADtez … #NUFC

20. ?

We are delighted to announce that striker Josip Drmic is set to join the Club from July 1! #ncfc

21. Ive said it before and I'll say it again the new handball penalty rule is going to kill the game. Its absolutely absurd case point the Japan and Holland Womens game, even though its not the mens game but same FIFA rules apply. Defenders going to have to be amputees at this point.

22. Every games gonna have 10 mins of injury time.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Every games gonna have 10 mins of injury time.
    Yep I like VAR but its only as good as the people behind it. Expect some absurd calls this season and I hope they dont watch the incident back in slowmo. Everything looks like a foul in slowmo lol.

24. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Yep I like VAR but its only as good as the people behind it. Expect some absurd calls this season and I hope they dont watch the incident back in slowmo. Everything looks like a foul in slowmo lol.
    MOTD will have to be extended by an hour
    dilakh2 likes this.

25. ?

You’ve waited a while, so here you go…

Leandro Trossard is a Brighton & Hove Albion player!

26. Modern Day Legend
    Superbly powerful read for anyone interested-

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...e-all-brothers
    dilakh2 likes this.

27. Good signing for Wolves

?

Loan Permanent

Leander Dendoncker is now officially a Wolves player after being on loan for the 2018/19 season.

28. ....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Premier League Thread-2w534iudfn731.png  
    Tyton likes this.

29. ?

We are delighted to announce the signing of Jack Clarke from Leeds United.

He has agreed a contract with the Club until 2023 and will return to the Championship side on loan for the 2019/20 season.

30. Done dealio N’Dombele to Spurs confirmation from Lyon

?

L’Olympique Lyonnais informe du transfert de son milieu de terrain international Tanguy Ndombelé au club de @SpursOfficial pour un montant de 60 M€ auquel pourront s’ajouter des incentives pour un montant maximum de 10 M€.

31. ?

We are delighted to welcome Brazilian striker Wesley to #AVFC ahead of his first day of pre-season training tomorrow.

32. ?

Goalkeeper Ralf Fährmann has joined #ncfc on a season-long loan deal from Schalke!
    4:58 PM - Jul 5, 2019

33. ?

It's official - Jack Stacey is an #afcb player! He's completed a move from Luton Town for an undisclosed fee

34. ?

We are delighted to formally confirm the signing of Erik Pieters on an initial two-year deal from @stokecity

35. Wtf, Mings for 25-30mil to Villa. That bat shit crazy money.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Wtf, Mings for 25-30mil to Villa. That bat shit crazy money.
    Yep markets mental!

37. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Yep markets mental!
    This is not even mental market. This plain stupid, i understand that he played role in getting up and that hicked the price (good job from BOU). But still, unproven PL defender, who had knee ligament injury. 15-20m maybe.

The crazy thing is that we sold Pontus for 5mil...

38. Market isn't that bad at all if you are sensible.... Leicester got Tielemans for £35m flat fee. Was reported by some to be £40m at first but then turns out it was only £35m. Either way, great bit of business and there are other players available for reasonable prices.

39. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujakaa92 View Post
    Wtf, Mings for 25-30mil to Villa. That bat shit crazy money.
    Lot of real desperate clubs out there well over paying instead of waiting it out.
    Last edited by Scouseinthehouse; 1 Week Ago at 06:12 PM.

40. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zzeezzy View Post
    Market isn't that bad at all if you are sensible.... Leicester got Tielemans for £35m flat fee. Was reported by some to be £40m at first but then turns out it was only £35m. Either way, great bit of business and there are other players available for reasonable prices.
    Leicester are continuing to put together a very tidy little squad.

Real chance either them or Wolves could break into the top 6 this year. This is the summer a club like Everton should be spending with the mess Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd are in. Well, they should if Steve Walsh hadn’t left them in such a financial mess on such a poor squad.

41. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Lot of real desperate clubs out there we’ll over paying instead of waiting it out.
    Waiting it out? Be waiting 2 seasons minimum considering Euros next season and by that time will just be as as bad, if not worse. The money keeps pumping in to these clubs so it won't be getting any better any time soon. It has gone past boiling point now in terms of prices I'd say for them to ever significantly drop overall.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Leicester are continuing to put together a very tidy little squad.

Real chance either them or Wolves could break into the top 6 this year. This is the summer a club like Everton should be spending with the mess Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd are in. Well, they should if Steve Walsh hadn’t left them in such a financial mess on such a poor squad.
    By all accounts Everton are going to spend, apparently even interested in Pepe from Lille... agree with you though about Leicester/Wolves.

To be honest I was thinking for a while now how Leicester starting 11 would compete with those like Arsenal, United and Chelsea, maybe even better in some areas.

43. Modern Day Legend
    Waiting it out? Be waiting 2 seasons minimum considering Euros next season and by that time will just be as as bad, if not worse. The money keeps pumping in to these clubs so it won't be getting any better any time soon. It has gone past boiling point now in terms of prices I'd say for them to ever significantly drop overall.
    The window. The longer you wait, the more desperate the selling club gets, the better value you can get.

Lots of quality value if you’re savvy and have your model right.

44. Modern Day Legend
    By all accounts Everton are going to spend, apparently even interested in Pepe from Lille... agree with you though about Leicester/Wolves.

To be honest I was thinking for a while now how Leicester starting 11 would compete with those like Arsenal, United and Chelsea, maybe even better in some areas.
    Defo. Rodgers has dropped on a great situation there where he can just do what he’s best at. Coaching. Well arguably the best group outside the top 6 clubs. And a real good age mix.

Interesting to see how he does with them.
    zzeezzy likes this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    The window. The longer you wait, the more desperate the selling club gets, the better value you can get.

Lots of quality value if you’re savvy and have your model right.
    I guess that's great if it works out, but risky if it doesn't as some clubs I believe can't rely on patience because they need significant signings this window!

46. Modern Day Legend
    The Ivory Coast need to go out of the AFCON for Pepe to pick up.

47. Been a very strange window tbh

48. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    The Ivory Coast need to go out of the AFCON for Pepe to pick up.
    And Algeria obliged.

That should spark something for someone pretty soon. (STOP laughing at the back to the Ev quaintly linking themselves.).

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO