Like Tree196Likes

The Newcastle United thread

1. The Newcastle United thread

I know we have a fair few Toon supporters on this forum, maybe not as many as United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool... but we still have a fair few. At least 3 moderators anyway.

Basically, use this thread for all things black and white. Transfer rumours, rants at how shit players are, rants at how shit the manager is, rants at how shit Ashley is.. basically rants at everything, discussion on who you would like to see join the club, and who you would like to see leave, discussion on tactics, etc. You get the idea.

Would love to hear peoples ideas on who we should be aiming for to replace Carroll, or even Nolan if he leaves, although we have Cabaye coming in, but we might also be losing Barton and Smith.

Anyway.. enjoy.
    cmh9090, StuW, Frutty and 1 others like this.

2. Not a Newcastle fan obviously, but Yohan Cabaye is a great signing for Newcastle, he was also apparently promised that there will be more high profile signings. Looks like there may be a tug of war between Newcastle, PSG and Arsenal for Gervinho.

3. tubby's Avatar tubby
    Newcastle United, Rosenborg BK Star Player
    About time we had our own thread. Let the Nile Ranger abuse gather here, next to the Joey Barton praise
    Dunc and ianwatts10 like this.

4. sunilvk7's Avatar sunilvk7Premium Member

• Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
      β€˜In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen β€” the most complete β€” is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.’
    Manchester United, Manchester United Reserves and Manchester United academy. De Gea, Rafael, JH <3 sunilvk7 is online now
    Is Ba free agent? He signed for West Ham in Jan, so was there any relegation clause? Coz I read few articles/News saying Newcastle offered lucrative wage and closing on signing Ba (free signing)..

5. SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
    Demba Ba situation, should be resolved this week - #efc and #nufc are heading the chase and both seem confident of doing a deal.

^ This guy on Twitter always seems to know his stuff, whatever he tweets usually happens.

6. Would be very happy if we signed Ba, but would want another striker in as well in case Ba's knee dies again.

Don't want to be left with Ameobi/Best/Loven'cuddles again.

7. StuW's Avatar StuWPremium Member
    Newcastle United, FC Barcelona www.unbelievable-jeff.com
    We have apparently agreed terms with Ba, but it al depends on an outcome of a stringent medical, as he failed on e at Stoke, before joining West Ham.

Few names been thrown about as to who our intentions have turned to now that Gameiro has moved to PSG. Mario Gomez, Mevlut Erdinc, Stefan Kiessling and also Moussa Sow are three names that appear in a few places, apparently we have made an eight-figure bid for an international striker with a good scoring record in one of Europes top leagues. So, EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesilga or Ligue 1

8. Demba Ba is the obvious choice for a striker, which I think they do need. Bendtner could also be an option.

9. Please take Crouch

10. Well, if we got Mario Gomez, I know who's name will be on the back of my new third kit..

EDIT: Actually, I did that with Luque and Kluivert, and they both bombed..
    StuW, Frutty, potta and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread