Like Tree1480Likes

England Thread

1. Absolutely mad. Why has he deleted because of that? Such an innocent, every day joke; can't open your mouth these days. If it was a famous woman having a banter-dig at men, there wouldn't be a word said. Heard Holgate was pushed into deleting his account because of people with nothing better to do, went back to Two-Thousdand-and-God-Knows-When and found a homophobic tweet he posted as a kid... kids push boundaries on the internet?!?! He had to have been the first & only.
    Last edited by RhQQ; 24/01/2018 at 12:08 PM.

2. He should have deleted it for being an illiterate cunt. "Would of"... Really Phil?
    Tyton, mayankv and PatrickLFC like this.

3. I got raided by angry mob couple of weeks ago on Reddit for saying that female football sucks because goalkeepers are too small to play in standard size goals. Which, you know, is true. Not only I was called a sexist but some weirdos went through my post history, looking for dirt or whatever.

Political correctness is fascism.
    iamauser and RhQQ like this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tyton View Post
    I got raided by angry mob couple of weeks ago on Reddit for saying that female football sucks because goalkeepers are too small to play in standard size goals. Which, you know, is true. Not only I was called a sexist but some weirdos went through my post history, looking for dirt or whatever.

Political correctness is fascism.
    Ah reddit. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy
    Tyton likes this.

5. Tammy Abraham: Harry Kane's loan history 'gives me confidence'

Damn, if Tammy lives up to the potential, England would have two amazing striker at years to come. Imagine Kane destroying defenders and add Tammy who is taller and faster than Kane. Go back to good old 4-4-2
    Last edited by Bujakaa92; 08/02/2018 at 08:33 AM.

6. Bayer Leverkusen revelation Leon Bailey qualifies for England and could be shock call-up for 2018 World Cup

EXCLUSIVE: The Manchester United and Liverpool target is eligible to play for the Three Lions through two of his grand-parents

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...gland-12042341

7. Feck knows how half of these got a call up! Gonna be another shite tournament from us I reckon.

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart, Nick Pope, Jordan Pickford, Jack Butland

Defenders

Ryan Bertrand, Joe Gomez, Harry Maguire, Alfie Mawson, Danny Rose, John Stones, James Tarkowski, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker

Midfielders

Dele Alli, Lewis Cook, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Jesse Lingard, Jake Livermore, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young

Forwards

Marcus Rashford, Jamie Vardy, Danny Welbeck, Raheem Sterling
    Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 15/03/2018 at 04:05 PM.

8. First time I hear about:
    Nick Pope, Alfie Mawson, James Tarkowski. Who the f are they?

But hey, I bet they will do better than regulars.

9. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanjagl View Post
    First time I hear about:
    Nick Pope, Alfie Mawson, James Tarkowski. Who the f are they?

But hey, I bet they will do better than regulars.
    FWIW, Pope's the best English 'keeper by a Country mile TBF.

10. Who the fuck is Joe Gomez?

.........Hides from Scouse.
    Tyton and PatrickLFC like this.

11. Still wondering how Hart gets in the squad he can't even get in the West Ham team! As for the youngsters I'm sure come the world cup they be no where to be seen.
    Scouseinthehouse likes this.

12. Due to the friendly between Holland and England the prohibition to drink in publicis cancelled in Amsterdam, because it isn't possible for the police to prevent the English fans from drinking in public.

Let's hope people can keep it safe. Reputation of English tourists in Amsterdam isn't too good anyways...

13. Quote Originally Posted by lxl Ra lxl View Post
    Due to the friendly between Holland and England the prohibition to drink in publicis cancelled in Amsterdam, because it isn't possible for the police to prevent the English fans from drinking in public.

Let's hope people can keep it safe. Reputation of English tourists in Amsterdam isn't too good anyways...
    Already been trouble today. English fans throwing drinks at locals on a boat going under the bridge in the City centre. And some fans started trouble in a pub. And also throwing bikes, tables, chairs into the river. Fecking idiots!!!

Casual Ultra@thecasualultra

England fans in Amsterdam today

Last edited by Theatre of Dreams83; 23/03/2018 at 07:09 PM.

14. Well that was umm.....

15. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Well that was umm.....
    Shite as normal.

16. Quote Originally Posted by wkdsoul View Post
    Shite as normal.
    Git the Spain Germany game on the laptop it’s like watching football from another planet!

17. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Git the Spain Germany game on the laptop it’s like watching football from another planet!
    2 country's schooled in Pep Football :p

18. Haha, did you read Trumps tweet about the 2026 World Cup?

The U.S. has put together a STRONG bid w/ Canada & Mexico for the 2026 World Cup. It would be a shame if countries that we always support were to lobby against the U.S. bid. Why should we be supporting these countries when they don’t support us (including at the United Nations)?

19. BREAKING: @SkySportsNews understands Joe Hart has been told he will not be part of England’s 23-man squad heading to the World Cup in Russia. #SSN

20. About time he was dropped he should have gone last season. The big question is now who is the new number 1. With any luck the donkey Cahill will miss the cut as well ...... Better to use this world cup as a learning process for younger players, England won't win it so he has nothing to loose in going with the youth and build up squad spirit.

21. Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    About time he was dropped he should have gone last season. The big question is now who is the new number 1. With any luck the donkey Cahill will miss the cut as well ...... Better to use this world cup as a learning process for younger players, England won't win it so he has nothing to loose in going with the youth and build up squad spirit.
    Should be Pope on form. Mad that Southgate's not picked him for any friendly and then finally selects him the final 23.

I suspect it'll be the short-armed lad from Everton. (Little arms. Telling yer. Next time yer watch him and see him stretching you'll be thinking 'God yeah. He has!'). Another well overhyped, average fella like Butland just because he's young and English and they're desperate for a stud.

22. Wonder who will be the surprise selection. Usually one. Shelvey, Loftus, Chalobah, Sessegnon from Fulham?

23. Wouldn't say Loftus-Cheek would be a surprise selection. Probably been the best English CM based on form this season, and can play a host of positions. Also played well in an England shirt, MOTM vs. Germany. His place is pretty much guaranteed, imo.

Rest of them would be though.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Should be Pope on form. Mad that Southgate's not picked him for any friendly and then finally selects him the final 23.

I suspect it'll be the short-armed lad from Everton. (Little arms. Telling yer. Next time yer watch him and see him stretching you'll be thinking 'God yeah. He has!'). Another well overhyped, average fella like Butland just because he's young and English and they're desperate for a stud.
    Hart is now apparently blaming Moyes for not playing him in the last 3 West Ham games as the reason why he has been dropped. Sour grapes there methinks!

25. Modern Day Legend
    TAA would be a surprise right?

19. First full season his club. Trained with the full National side between U-21 games the last round of friendlies but never been selected for a full side. Only bumped up the 21's this year.

As good as he's been for the majority of the year and as much as he's improved the longer it's gone on, that ticks every box for a 'surprise' WC inclusion surely?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Wonder who will be the surprise selection. Usually one. Shelvey, Loftus, Chalobah, Sessegnon from Fulham?
    I reckon it will be the young Liverpool lad Trent Alexander-Arnold myself.

27. Modern Day Legend
    Hart is now apparently blaming Moyes for not playing him in the last 3 West Ham games as the reason why he has been dropped. Sour grapes there methinks!
    Knobhead.

Don't know what happened to him. He looked real quality the first 3/4 years at City. Had that loan Birmingham then came back looking solid as under Mancini. Then he completely fell off a cliff. Just got worse and worse at City. Had a terrible time in Italy. And has looked as bad as any 'keeper the entire league at West Ham.

From brilliant to just completely gone and nothing.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Knobhead.

Don't know what happened to him. He looked real quality the first 3/4 years at City. Had that loan Birmingham then came back looking solid as under Mancini. Then he completely fell off a cliff. Just got worse and worse at City. Had a terrible time in Italy. And has looked as bad as any 'keeper the entire league at West Ham.

From brilliant to just completely gone and nothing.
    I think it was a failure to adapt, these days a GK can't really get away with just being a shot stopper in a top team you have to also be the first form of attack. That coupled with possible burnout after all he was under 18 when he made his professional debut at Shrewsbury and 21 when he made his Full England debut both very young for a keeper.

29. Modern Day Legend
    Not that you were making he point but many do so I'm running with it .....

I HATE that. 'He's a good shot-stopper.' It's the lamest and most ridiculous thing anyone ever said on a goalkeeper. EVER! That's their base job! WTF else is the point of a goalkeeper if it's not to stop shots and keep them out the goal? It's everything else that set's them apart and how you judge them. But shot-stopping is a staple for the position and always amuses the living P out of me when people reference that when talking about a 'keeper.

'He's a good shot-stopper like' ...... He bloody well better be being as he's a 'keeper and it's, like, HIS JOB!
    dilakh2 and PatrickLFC like this.

30. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Strange that West Ham does not try to keep Moyes. Lets be honest. He managed to play some decent football in that s***storm of owners. Finally Arno playing some good futty. But good Moyes for getting out of that place.

Hart was my cheap FPL GK on start. Biggest mistake ever...

31. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    Not that you were making he point but many do so I'm running with it .....

I HATE that. 'He's a good shot-stopper.' It's the lamest and most ridiculous thing anyone ever said on a goalkeeper. EVER! That's their base job! WTF else is the point of a goalkeeper if it's not to stop shots and keep them out the goal? It's everything else that set's them apart and how you judge them. But shot-stopping is a staple for the position and always amuses the living P out of me when people reference that when talking about a 'keeper.

'He's a good shot-stopper like' ...... He bloody well better be being as he's a 'keeper and it's, like, HIS JOB!
    Exactly! It looks like he has forgotten that defence is the first point of attack, and that you need to marshal your defenders to save you from having to make a save, something all the top keepers do whilst also giving your attack a boost with your distribution. The last few seasons Hart has been failing to organise his defenders and provide an attacking element meaning he has become more and more reliant on his positioning (which to be fair wasn't brilliant at times) and his body.

32. Midfield looks very weak!

33. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Midfield looks very weak!
    Not really I dont understand this calling for the likes of Shelvey or Wilshere as if England are going to play a possesion style of football.

34. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Midfield looks very weak!
    In what respect? The whole squad is relatively inexperienced to be fair. I just wish Cahill had been dropped alongside Hart but that's just my view.

35. Modern Day Legend
    In what respect? The whole squad is relatively inexperienced to be fair. I just wish Cahill had been dropped alongside Hart but that's just my view.
    He or Maguire.

The lad Burnley (Although I wouldn't personally as I'd favour defenders that can play at International level, as solid as he is defensively) or the Newcastle captain, are far more deserving IMHO over the last season.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinthehouse View Post
    He or Maguire.

The lad Burnley (Although I wouldn't personally as I'd favour defenders that can play at International level, as solid as he is defensively) or the Newcastle captain, are far more deserving IMHO over the last season.
    Ben Mee effect. Made Keane look good and now Tarkowski. Maguire is just a shit John Stones and that says alot. I guess if Southgates going to play 3 at the back he needs defenders who are decent on the ball, just dont ask them to defend lol.

37. Our CM options are terrible tbh! And I wasn’t saying Shelvey or Wilshere should of been selected.

38. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Our CM options are terrible tbh! And I wasn’t saying Shelvey or Wilshere should of been selected.
    Its not terrible as its good enough to see us out of the group and I'd rather Hendo and Dier protecting that shoddy back four against the big hitters. If anything our CB options are terrible as not one of them is comfortable with being asked to defend.

39. Quote Originally Posted by dilakh2 View Post
    Its not terrible as its good enough to see us out of the group and I'd rather Hendo and Dier protecting that shoddy back four against the big hitters. If anything our CB options are terrible as not one of them is comfortable with being asked to defend.
    Be lucky to scrape out the group with that CM and Back lot.

40. Quote Originally Posted by Theatre of Dreams83 View Post
    Be lucky to scrape out the group with that CM and Back lot.
    Ahh shit how can I forget one of the back 3 CB's is Kyle Walker. Maybe you're right.

41. Don't know if England play like this or not but this team does not look very sexy.

England Thread-7l7gbo4t4ql01.png

42. Quote Originally Posted by RedUnited View Post
    Don't know if England play like this or not but this team does not look very sexy.

Attachment 1161197
    Your right it looks awful )))

43. RIP Ray Wilson.
    dilakh2 and Scouseinthehouse like this.

44. Its 343, replicating Chelsea/spurs. CM is fine for what's needed for the system, two solid workhorses in Hendo/Dier, with match winners up front. Back 3 all comfortable on the ball, wing backs like bombing forward, honestly don't think it's as bad as some think. He's picked what fits the system he wants to play, have to applaud him for that.

Easy option would be to pick Lallana, Wilshere etc. because of their unique skill sets.
    dilakh2 likes this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    Its 343, replicating Chelsea/spurs. CM is fine for what's needed for the system, two solid workhorses in Hendo/Dier, with match winners up front. Back 3 all comfortable on the ball, wing backs like bombing forward, honestly don't think it's as bad as some think. He's picked what fits the system he wants to play, have to applaud him for that.

Easy option would be to pick Lallana, Wilshere etc. because of their unique skill sets.
    Oh, my bad. I thought England played 5-3-2/3-5-2

46. Safe to say England will not be winning the world cup this year

47. They were never ever winning the world cup. Doesn't matter who he selected.

48. Quote Originally Posted by RhQQ View Post
    They were never ever winning the world cup. Doesn't matter who he selected.
    Boooo you ney sayer

49. Not even Lingardinho could help them pull that off.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO