Like Tree23Likes

FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

1. FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

After looking through the forum, I noticed there are threads available for practically everything on FM, but not a basic progress report thread where people can just post their general updates, etc, without them necessarily being a success or frustration. For example, I am only ten games into my season but I don't have anywhere to share my progress currently. Hopefully this thread is the answer.

Please use this thread to report how your latest save is going, whether it be just screenshots or a couple or paragraphs explaining how you are doing in your current game.

I've started my first game on FM 2011 tonight, and am currently sitting pretty on top of the Serie B league table with 7 wins from 10 games played.

I only made a couple of signings, getting Alvaro (CB) and Dabo (DM) in on free transfers, with none of my players leaving, though I did terminate all players on loan at my club, as I felt my squad was big enough with the two signings I made, and I prefer to avoid unnecessary wage-expenditure.

2. I think this should be stickied

Anyway I'm playing as Numancia in Liga Adelante but not doing really well
    I can't find the right tactic for the team

3. I'm Arsenal, 2nd and half way through the season. Things are going well :-)

4. Hearts Modern Day Legend
    I'm Tottenham, September of 1st season and enjoying it that much I've brought the game into college to upload on to the PC. I really do live a very sad life. Updates to come soon of screenshots etc!

5. AussieOchoa's Avatar AussieOchoa
    Guillermo Francisco Ochoa - Chelsea - Brisbane Roar - German Football Star Player
    I have three saves so far... one with Brisbane Roar, one with Chelsea, and one I just started with Ajax. Coming second with Chelsea, 4th with Brisbane and havn't got into the season yet with Ajax. Sadly played 24 hours out of roughly 60 that I could have Playing in school for the win!

6. My Tottenham progress so far with results.

Attachment 112279

Attachment 112280

Attachment 112281

7. After a marathon weekend I only just finished my 1st season with Chelsea.
    Won the League with a game to spare with Arsenal, Man City, Spurs & Villa my closest rivals.
    Man United 7th and out of Europe as Liverpool (8th) won the Carling Cup.

I find you have to work much harder on the tactics for every game. Any mistake or weakness is exploited by the AI opposition.
    Didnt suffer too many bugs in the game. Certainly nothing to spoil the season!

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IanC View Post
    My Tottenham progress so far with results.

Attachment 112279

Attachment 112280

Attachment 112281
    Bloody hell you're doing well.
    What tactic you using? Spurs did really well in my Chelsea save but dropped away at the end of the season!

8. These are my tactics. I have tweaked around with some individual player instructions as well.

Only players I have brought in are Dzeko and Eichner.

Attachment 112282
    Attachment 112283
    Last edited by IanC; 08/11/2010 at 03:53 PM.

9. AussieOchoa's Avatar AussieOchoa
    Guillermo Francisco Ochoa - Chelsea - Brisbane Roar - German Football Star Player
    Few screenshots with Ajax...

Transfers
    FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-afc-ajax-transfers_-history-.png

Champs League qualifying = Rape
    FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-ajax-v-celtic-information_-overview-.png

Luis Suarez - GOD
    FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-luis-su%C3%A1rez-profile_-attributes-.png
    And none of the goals were handballs

10. DanWalsallFC
    Walsall First Team
    After a 17th place finish last season coming from bottom of the league to finish there was quite an achievement! The board said every transfer I attempted was 'unrealistic' I knew I had a very tough task ahead of me.

This is how last season finished:

I knew I had to strengthen but with a new transfer budget of £30 (Yes, £30...) I had an even tougher task than last season but felt my free transfers were actually quality, giving us much needed experience and quality in midfield and a goalscorer in Jason Euell!

Here's my new squad:

Happy with my first few league results. Hereford 2-1 win was massive first game of the season as our young 18 year old striker in on loan for the 2nd time in 2 seasons was sent off after 9 minutes, we were a goal down and a man down but came back to win, away.

Here's my first few results & upcoming fixtures:

Up The Saddlers!

+ Reply to Thread