Like Tree24Likes

FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

1. FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

After looking through the forum, I noticed there are threads available for practically everything on FM, but not a basic progress report thread where people can just post their general updates, etc, without them necessarily being a success or frustration. For example, I am only ten games into my season but I don't have anywhere to share my progress currently. Hopefully this thread is the answer.

Please use this thread to report how your latest save is going, whether it be just screenshots or a couple or paragraphs explaining how you are doing in your current game.

I've started my first game on FM 2011 tonight, and am currently sitting pretty on top of the Serie B league table with 7 wins from 10 games played.

I only made a couple of signings, getting Alvaro (CB) and Dabo (DM) in on free transfers, with none of my players leaving, though I did terminate all players on loan at my club, as I felt my squad was big enough with the two signings I made, and I prefer to avoid unnecessary wage-expenditure.

2. I think this should be stickied

Anyway I'm playing as Numancia in Liga Adelante but not doing really well
    I can't find the right tactic for the team

3. I'm Arsenal, 2nd and half way through the season. Things are going well :-)

4. I'm Tottenham, September of 1st season and enjoying it that much I've brought the game into college to upload on to the PC. I really do live a very sad life. Updates to come soon of screenshots etc!

5. AussieOchoa's Avatar AussieOchoa
    Star Player
    I have three saves so far... one with Brisbane Roar, one with Chelsea, and one I just started with Ajax. Coming second with Chelsea, 4th with Brisbane and havn't got into the season yet with Ajax. Sadly played 24 hours out of roughly 60 that I could have Playing in school for the win!

6. My Tottenham progress so far with results.

Attachment 112279

Attachment 112280

Attachment 112281

7. After a marathon weekend I only just finished my 1st season with Chelsea.
    Won the League with a game to spare with Arsenal, Man City, Spurs & Villa my closest rivals.
    Man United 7th and out of Europe as Liverpool (8th) won the Carling Cup.

I find you have to work much harder on the tactics for every game. Any mistake or weakness is exploited by the AI opposition.
    Didnt suffer too many bugs in the game. Certainly nothing to spoil the season!

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IanC View Post
    My Tottenham progress so far with results.

Attachment 112279

Attachment 112280

Attachment 112281
    Bloody hell you're doing well.
    What tactic you using? Spurs did really well in my Chelsea save but dropped away at the end of the season!

8. These are my tactics. I have tweaked around with some individual player instructions as well.

Only players I have brought in are Dzeko and Eichner.

Attachment 112282
    Attachment 112283
    Last edited by IanC; 08/11/2010 at 03:53 PM.

9. AussieOchoa's Avatar AussieOchoa
    Star Player
    Few screenshots with Ajax...

Transfers
    FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-afc-ajax-transfers_-history-.png

Champs League qualifying = Rape
    FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-ajax-v-celtic-information_-overview-.png

Luis Suarez - GOD
    FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-luis-su%C3%A1rez-profile_-attributes-.png
    And none of the goals were handballs

10. DanWalsallFC
    First Team
    After a 17th place finish last season coming from bottom of the league to finish there was quite an achievement! The board said every transfer I attempted was 'unrealistic' I knew I had a very tough task ahead of me.

This is how last season finished:

I knew I had to strengthen but with a new transfer budget of £30 (Yes, £30...) I had an even tougher task than last season but felt my free transfers were actually quality, giving us much needed experience and quality in midfield and a goalscorer in Jason Euell!

Here's my new squad:

Happy with my first few league results. Hereford 2-1 win was massive first game of the season as our young 18 year old striker in on loan for the 2nd time in 2 seasons was sent off after 9 minutes, we were a goal down and a man down but came back to win, away.

Here's my first few results & upcoming fixtures:

Up The Saddlers!

11. Quote Originally Posted by IanC View Post
    These are my tactics. I have tweaked around with some individual player instructions as well.

Only players I have brought in are Dzeko and Eichner.

Attachment 112282
    Attachment 112283
    Hmm, Im currently playing a 4-4-1-1 with Tottenham which is now working pretty well. I was going to sign Dzeko, but went against it. I signed Amauri instead for £9million but he is currently injured. I play Pavlychenko (sp) as a lone target man ATM (Defoe is injured for 8 weeks, I tend to avoid Crouch and also loaned Robbie Keane out). I'm thinking of giving this tactic a bash soon though if my current one begins to fail. Your going great though mate!

12. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    Hmm, Im currently playing a 4-4-1-1 with Tottenham which is now working pretty well. I was going to sign Dzeko, but went against it. I signed Amauri instead for £9million but he is currently injured. I play Pavlychenko (sp) as a lone target man ATM (Defoe is injured for 8 weeks, I tend to avoid Crouch and also loaned Robbie Keane out). I'm thinking of giving this tactic a bash soon though if my current one begins to fail. Your going great though mate!
    Getting the tactic at the start was a bit of trial and error and was using the demo to form the basis. Could do with a few more tweaks to it as with some individual player instructions.. May upload it on the tactic downloads when I get to the end of the season.

My U18's are doing reasonably well with the tactic.

Attachment 112287
    Last edited by IanC; 08/11/2010 at 04:22 PM.

13. Started unemployed with a 'sunday league footballer' rep and took until November to get a job. Taken Droylsden from 19th to 6th in 3 months in the conference north.

14. AussieOchoa's Avatar AussieOchoa
    Star Player
    Celtic have nothing on me and Ajax and Luis Suarezzzz

FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-celtic-v-ajax-information_-overview-.png
    2 goals and 2 assists for the striker

15. Quote Originally Posted by AussieOchoa View Post
    Celtic have nothing on me and Ajax and Luis Suarezzzz

Attachment 112288
    2 goals and 2 assists for the striker
    Ripped the shit out of Celtic, Luis Suarez demolished 'um!

16. are these not like exactly the same topics??

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/...on-t51164.html

17. StuartCarey
    Rotation
    Sitting 5th in my first season as West Ham, 2 points adrift from 3rd. 7 below Liverpool at the top. Coming in February and we're doing brilliantly. Using my updated West Ham Attacking tactics I used in 2010 to completely dominate the world of Football.

Managed to pick up Darren bent for 5mil during the January transfers as he asked to leave, and my god is he godly with Ola Tovilien who I picked up for cheap in the Summer!

Screenshots to come, along with the tactics I'm using which were brilliant last year, and maybe a story!

18. Having a great time as my beloved hayes side. Started not expecting much tbh. A poor 24th media prediction, and a board expectation of 'attempting to avoid relegation' I feared that relegation could of infact be on the horizon. Nevertheless, a few good signings, including Gifton Noel-Williams, meant that I clawed my way up to an unexpected 10th!

I then had a really amazing transfer window, and completed some real good buys. Jon Main and Claude Gnapka being the main coups in a busy window, which involved ridding of the excess unneeded players. The players bought in have seemed to quickly adapted and I am currently in 2nd in the league.

These are my Second season signings:

This is the real star, one of whom I didn't actually rate before the season started, and whom I almost cancelled the deal..!

Will update this as I see fit.

19. Decided to put this off no longer and dive in at the deep-end with the Jambo's. Like Frankie, will update when I see fit. But nice work Frankie, excellent infact.

20. Brian's Avatar BrianPremium Member
    Shelbourne Researcher
    Well I have started my mammoth game of winning the Champions League with Shelbourne and Irish first division club(second tier). I am about 5th at the moment due to too many drawn games, although I got a beautiful cup victory against Rivals Shamrock Rovers( a bit like QPR beating Chelsea). May add scrennies later if I cba

21. Currently 13 games into the season with PALERMO, doing pretty well second at the moment. Hernandez and Pastore are unreal.. Also Joao Pedro looks a really good prospect for me.

22. SamScfc's Avatar SamScfcPremium Member
    WINNING
    Managing Peterborough, was 16th in November, a change of tactics, and now i'm 5th, 3 points off 2nd, and been around the play-offs since January, so quite a good turn around.

Important players:

James Wesolowski
    James O'Connor
    Seamus Coleman
    Tommy Rowe
    Dan Murray [Cheap, and quality, defender]
    Cedric Bakambu
    Jay Emmanuel Thomas

23. currently coming towards the end of january in my first season as arsenal, and am 4 points clear at the top with city in second. Had a legendary 3-2 win against utd, with van Persie scoring the winner in the 93rd minute.

Summer signings - Axel Witsel for 3.2m, Marco Verratti for 1.2m, Vaclav Kadlec for 975k and Ignacio Camacho for 975k

January signings - Alexis Sanchez for 6.5m, and possibly Alberto Paloschi for 16m... hugely inflated i know but i think he will be worth it eventually

league table.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-league-table.jpg  
    Last edited by The_pete2; 10/11/2010 at 03:02 AM.

24. In January 2011 with arsenal in Carling Cup Semi's with 1 foot in the final after beating bolton 4-1 in first leg
    3rd in League with a game in hand over united and spurs and playing schalke in UCL 1st knockout and through to the 4th round of the FA Cup playing Swansea Away

New Players

Stekelenburg
    Neymar

25. Really well. Started with a practice season at Man City, won the Prem and the Europa League.

Now at Boro and its going to plan winning lots of games and scoring plenty of goals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-npower-championship-information_-league-table-.png   FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-middlesbrough-middlesbrough_-tactics-8.png  

26. Quote Originally Posted by JP Woody View Post
    Really well. Started with a practice season at Man City, won the Prem and the Europa League.

Now at Boro and its going to plan winning lots of games and scoring plenty of goals.
    Going strong mate, how many has Boyd netted for you?

Just started with Hearts, was surprised to be offered £275K transfer budget. Don't plan to use it though, content with the side, bar a RB.

27. Pretty poorly at the moment. Managing Hampton and Richmond, languishing around 14th in the BSS at the moment. Playing a 4-4-1-1, but every win I manage is cancelled out by draws and defeats immediately after. Having been on the receiving end of hundreds of disallowed goals for offsides also puts my laptop's safety in jeopardy!

28. Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    Pretty poorly at the moment. Managing Hampton and Richmond, languishing around 14th in the BSS at the moment. Playing a 4-4-1-1, but every win I manage is cancelled out by draws and defeats immediately after. Having been on the receiving end of hundreds of disallowed goals for offsides also puts my laptop's safety in jeopardy!

How's Danny Allen Page getting on mate?

Should be a key player?

29. Managing Gateshead, Started with about 10k in transferbudget and 12k in wages, Got promotion from Blue Premier through playoff.
    Second Season
    Ismaël Ofana and Wesley Ngo Baheng is key to goalscoring.
    Managed to snatch a 4,5 star goalkeaper on free transfer. Darryl Flahavan
    Got WBA as Parent Club.
    Going to try to establish myself in the Npower leage one now.

This is a LLM Game, only my tactics, scouted players and staff.

30. Quote Originally Posted by IanC View Post
    My Tottenham progress so far with results.
    Good stuff Ian I use your training schedules so thanks, they are great ^^

My game is great - Alfreton Town. Top of BSN, 17 points clear, 9 games to go. I would post screenies but now sure how.

31. did very well in the first season with Tottenham winning the treble (league, league cup and Champions League). i've made at pretty big squard overhaul and its ruining my team in the 2nd season. I am not amused.

32. Started a game with Birmingham, got rid of a few lads and brought in some cheap talented players.

First game of the season was Liverpool.

FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-birmingham-v-liverpool-information_-overview-.png

Fantastic second half performance including a wonder goal from Tom Cairney on his debut. He was only on a few minutes.

The omens are good.

33. Signed Coelho and Diego Tristan last night for Hearts, epic. Will post a screenie of my frendlies later on.

34. I am with Leverkusen second season...Won Bundesliga in first season ...looks very good ...i only singed with back-up players

35. I started a career with Sheffield Wednesday in League One. We are 9th after 7 games with 12 points, but with three consecutive wins against Swindon, Brighton and Plymouth I'm sure that we have started our season

36. Started managing Brentford in league one , currently in 6th position after 6 games , havent lost yet, into 3rd round off league cup after beating Everton 2-1 away, Got wigan at home round 3.

37. Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    How's Danny Allen Page getting on mate?

Should be a key player?
    Not too bad, he's my regular right back and one of my key players.

Had a major squad clearout which might be the reason I'm performing so badly. My best signings are Phil Younghusband, Alexis Nikolas and a french guy called Lemaire. Hoping things pick up soon though, and I've reverted back to the traditional rigid 4-4-2 in search of a bit of consistency.

38. Alur's Avatar Alur
    Amateur
    Just starting my third season as Liverpool, won the Carling Cup twice, FA cup once, came fourth and third in the Prem, semi-finalists of Uefa Cup and last 16 of Champ's League (got inter milan).

I should win the Prem this year or next, I play with very young squads, the average age at the moment is 23, so they should start to get pretty good this/next year.

Also two screenshots of some sick defender regen that I can't wait to get in my squad! He's already on par with Radu at the age of 16, and has more potential than Gerrard so I'm extremely hopeful!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-liverpool-liverpool_-tactics-.png   FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-english-premier-division-information_-league-table-.png   FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-clodoaldo-profile_-attributes-.png  

FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-clodoaldo-reports_-scout-reports-.png  

39. Quote Originally Posted by toddzy View Post
    Going strong mate, how many has Boyd netted for you?

Just started with Hearts, was surprised to be offered £275K transfer budget. Don't plan to use it though, content with the side, bar a RB.
    Boys has 23 goals so far in 28 games.

Lita has 23 goals in 19 games and Scott McDonald has 16 goals in 31 games.

40. I took on Westbrom in the prem and i am really struggling about 6 games in and keep getting hammered bit pi**ed off really dont know what i am doing wrong oh and the west brom players are garbagge and there is no transfer pot....... (they are a championship side as we will all see at the end of this season)

41. In a word, rubbish!

first season with West Ham, finished 15th
    Second season with West Ham, finished 16th
    Third season with West Ham, relegated in 19th place!

Doesn't matter what training schedules, formations etc etc I try, I just can't get a run of good results going.

Just in June at the moment going on to my first season in the championship, hopefully I will bounce straight back up. That is off course if I don't get the sack before the season starts!

42. Arsenal save is going well, testing out a new tactic which I plan on releasing sometime soon if it holds up. Only at the end of October but signs of good are showing.

Sitting top in the Premier League with 8 wins out of 10, one draw and one defeat.
    20 goals scored, 3 conceded.

League Cup Fourth Round against Villa after a penalty-win versus Ipswich.
    Second in Champions League Group D after a defeat to Schalke and wins against Valencia and FC Twente.

Only player I signed [that's important to the current team] is Andy Carroll, who I planned to be a backup for Chamakh but has six goals in six appearances (including one off the bench).

43. Chris's Avatar ChrisPremium Member
    • 4. Chelsea 40 +15
      --------------------------------
      5. Arsenal 36 +7
      6. Newcastle 36 +5
      7. Liverpool 35 +6
      8. Stoke 30 -9
      9. Norwich 28 -4
      10. Swansea 26 -2
      11. Everton 25 -4

Last result:
      Newcastle 1-0 QPR (Leon Best)

Who needs Ba; we got Best
    My Newcastle save was going badly. One win in 10. Then, I beat Sunderland 6-1. Then, I lose loads of games in a row. Now, in the new year, I am on a 4 game unbeaten streak and 16th in the league. Things are looking up!

44. I am just about to start my first official game of the season in my Liverpool game.
    I am pleased with how pre-season has gone so far. I have won all of my games without conceding and with a few high scores.

Most of all though, I am pleased with the transfer side of things.

I brought in Lukaku on loan with an option to buy for 5m and Pires on a free.

I bought Taiwo from Marseille, Danillo - a young full back from Santos with huge potential, Lucas - an amazingly talented 17 year old attacking midfielder, Steven Defour to slot into the pirlo role of my planned 2003 A.C Milan style midfielfd and Edin Dzeko to partner torres up front.

My Starting team of choice will be:#

Reina

Johnson Agger Caragher Taiwo

Poulsen
    Defour Cole

Gerrard

Dzeko Torres
    Last edited by Clince121188; 11/11/2010 at 01:57 AM.

45. Going fine, about to play my first league game against St.Johnstone and then Eggert Jonsson gets injured for 9-11 months. Was gutted I must say. Kevin Kyle has been made captain, what a legend.

46. I started the game with Ipswich. I went really in details this time, searching for players, staff,...etc. I am really enjoying. First friendly I lost to Dag&Red ( just cant beat them this year) but then with few loan signings and tactic really starting to work I started winning. So far so good

47. Quote Originally Posted by krankie_frankie View Post
    In a word, rubbish!

first season with West Ham, finished 15th
    Second season with West Ham, finished 16th
    Third season with West Ham, relegated in 19th place!

Doesn't matter what training schedules, formations etc etc I try, I just can't get a run of good results going.

Just in June at the moment going on to my first season in the championship, hopefully I will bounce straight back up. That is off course if I don't get the sack before the season starts!

Oh well, played 10 games in the championship won 3 drew 6 and lost 1. Got the sack whilst in 10th place and only 5 points of the top!

48. kieranlfc's Avatar kieranlfc
    Reserve

Kleague

I have started off as a small team to build my reputation up, I chosen Suwon Bluewings and my aim this season is to win the k league and the asian champions league, I have hired alot of English staff off championship teams, I tried to sign some decent players and some Premier league reserve team players but they wouldnt join, including Darby from liverpool, Pacheco on loan for 6months and Steve finnan wouldn't join on a free, so i had to settle for unknown players like Daniel Rossi an ex sao paulo player, a young american called Zack schilawski and a spanish CB called delgado but my best player so far has to be my attacking mid Yeom Ki-hoon in 4 games he has scored 4 goals, assisted 4 times and has been MoM 3 times.

the team is currently 3rd in the league and 3 points off the top, I also might start another game with Liverpool.

I cant get screen shots to work on windows 7 and cant get the game into windowed mode for some reason the option is blanked out so i cant click on it .. any way to solve this?

49. FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?-hibernian-v-hearts-information_-overview-.png

Just had a pretty fiesty Edinburgh derby, Templeton and Kyle's misses are jokes, the miss continuous 1 vs 1.

50. Managing Southampton, currently in december of the first season.
    Signed few free players, loaned some good young lads from pl and atm I'm sitting on the top of n1 league table.

My current squad:

Fred Sears is a BEAST - he already scored a lot of goals and with Lambert he is unstoppable in attack. For sure I will try to buy him at the end of this season.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO