Name; Celtic
    Nation; Scotland
    Founded; 1888
    Chairman; John Reid
    Stadium (Capacity); Parkhead (60,355)
    Derbies; Old Firm (vs. Rangers)
    Rivals; Rangers
    Nicknames; Bhoys, Hoops, Tims.
    Transfer Budget; £5,000,000 (Win Championship) (Budget will get replenished over the season depending on profit made)
    Wage Budget; £325,000 (?)

You don't need to worry here. You have good enough players to win the league. Just play them with the right tactic and you're bound to succeed and gain at least a double.

=====================

Staff;
    If anything, your staff is good for the first season. Johan Mjallby is good for an Ass. Man. Let the contracts run out of the other staff members so they don't have to be paid compensation, then you can get your own staff.

=====================

Tactic;
    I use a 4-5-1 formation with a counter attacking element. Fast paced, direct passing, fluid philosophy with an overload mentality. Have Johan take care of the team talk and the OI and do not use shouts. The tactic I have used to much success thus far has been uploaded.

The Celtic Guide-celtic-celtic_-tactics-.png
    4-5-1 CELTIC (Celtic, Mar 2011).tac

=====================

GKs;
    Lukasz Zaluska
    Dominic Cervi
    Fraser Forster (On Loan from Newcastle)
    --Nick Feely
    --Daniele Giordono
    --Robbie Thomson

Very weak I think. Definetly could use a face or two in here. Feely, Giordono and Thomson are nowhere near good enough and never will be.

Transfers;
    In;
    Luis Guilherme (£4.5 million release clause)
    Vincent Enyeama (£500k)

Out;
    Lukasz Zaluska (Transfer List)
    Feely, Giordono, Thomson (Loan)

=====================

Defs;
    Daniel Majstorovic
    Thomas Rogne
    Glenn Loovens
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Andreas Hinkel
    Mark Wilson
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Jos Hooiveld
    Cha Du-Ri
    Richie Towell*
    --Lewis Toshney
    --Stephen O'Donnell
    --Jason Marr
    --Antons Kurakins
    --Keiran Brennan
    --Milan Misun
    --Darren O'Dea
    --Josh Thompson (Out on loan)
    --Matty Hughes
    --Curtis Jones
    --Patrik Twardzik**
    --Joe Chalmers
    --Ryan Conroy

A strong position, contrary to popular belief. Very versatile with a lot of players. Keep an eye on Patrik Twardzik and promote Richie Towell as backup for Andreas Hinkel.

Transfers;
    In;
    Dodo (£1.3million release clause)
    Coelho (FREE)
    Roland Juhász (£1million)

Out;
    Jos Hooiveld (£1.4million)
    Glenn Loovens (Transfer List)
    Patrik Twardzik, Milan Misun (Loan, no future transfer)
    =====================

Mids;
    Biram Kayal
    Ki Sung-Yong
    Marc Crosas
    Efrain Juarez
    Joe Ledley
    Filip Twardzik*
    Paddy McCourt
    Shaun Maloney
    Scott Brown
    Niall McGinn
    Anthony Stokes
    Daryl Murphy
    James Forrest*
    --Calum McGregor
    --John Heron
    --Paul Slane
    --Michael Ordish
    --Liam Gormley
    --Graham Carey
    --Jordan Lowdon

Another strong area, but it always has been traditionally quite strong for Celtic. Your main goal here is to build for the future.

Transfers;
    In;
    Gai Assulin (FREE)
    Egídio Arévalo Ríos (FREE from PeNYarol)

Out;
    James Forrest (£1.3million)
    Efrain Juarez (£1.7million)

=====================

Strikers;
    Giorgos Samaras+
    Morten Rasmussen (Out on loan)
    Gary Hooper
    --Paul McGowan (Out on loan)
    --James Keatings
    --Bahrudin Atajic**
    --Ben Hutchinson (Out on loan)
    --Callum Bagshaw
    --Sean Fitzharris
    --Greig Spence**
    --John Marsden (Out on loan)

Although not much depth here, but a very good position. In fact, your best player is here in Giorgios Samaras. In the 4-5-1 formation, play him as the loan striker as a poacher and he will get around 35 goals in the first season. You also have two good prospects in Bahrudin Atajic and Greig Spence. Again, build here.

Transfers;
    In;
    Callum McRobbie (£220k)

Out;
    Bahrudin Atajic, Greig Spence (Loan, no future fee)

======================

What else?

KEEP ON YOUR PLAYERS GOOD SIDE
    The main problem with the squad is that everyone thinks they are too good for the team. Keep on their good side and you'll have the title won.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE
    Under estimating an opponent is a massive mistake in the SPL. I made that mistake quite a lot. Treat every team like they are a huge threat to your team and your title chances.

EUROPE DOESN'T MATTER
    ... at least not in your first few seasons. After a while, building your team will pay off and you can focus on Europe.

ROTATE ROTATE ROTATE
    If you notice your players are not in form, then rotate. If your players are jaded from international duty, rotate. You kind of get the point here.

Questions?
    Give me a PM or post here and I'll gladly help you out.
    Last edited by taida; 09/12/2010 at 03:01 AM.

2. Isn't that Efrain Jaurez quality on the game? Ive seen him at Barca an Inter on my games and worth up to 15million. Unless I'm seriously mistaken lol, can't be bothered booting up Football Manager to check because I'll be on for the night haha.

3. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      Scottish League Cup Winners 2010--18
      SPL Champions 2010--18
      Scottish Cup Winners 2013--15, 2018

Cameroon 2012 - 2014
      African Cup of Nations Winners 2013

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Four Associations Winners 2017

4-1-1-2-2 8-in-a-row tactic soon.
    Powerful Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mally View Post
    Isn't that Efrain Jaurez quality on the game? Ive seen him at Barca an Inter on my games and worth up to 15million. Unless I'm seriously mistaken lol, can't be bothered booting up Football Manager to check because I'll be on for the night haha.
    He is quality, but he gets really pissy really easy. :/ Same with James Forrest tbh.

4. Quote Originally Posted by taida View Post
    He is quality, but he gets really pissy really easy. :/ Same with James Forrest tbh.
    Ah I see, one of them ay. Probably should be able to get abit more than 1.7 million though, hes only young aswell. Think he went for 7 million on my game..

Anyway didn't mean to question you as I'm sure you know more about Celtic than me haha, good guide mate.

5. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      SPL Champions 2010--18

Cameroon 2012 - 2014

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Powerful Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mally View Post
    Ah I see, one of them ay. Probably should be able to get abit more than 1.7 million though, hes only young aswell. Think he went for 7 million on my game..

Anyway didn't mean to question you as I'm sure you know more about Celtic than me haha, good guide mate.
    I would've but I remembered reading something about how on 11.0, the AI will only bid for what the player is worth. =p

6. -Hoops's Avatar -Hoops
    Trainee
    Juarez is a machine for me, him, Fazio and Griffiths took me to the Europa league final in my first season, strongly recommend you dont sell him.

7. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      SPL Champions 2010--18

Cameroon 2012 - 2014

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Powerful Striker
    I agree -Hoops. If he doesn't get pissy then do not sell him. He is an amazing asset to have.

8. -Hoops's Avatar -Hoops
    Trainee
    I brought Enyeama, Fazio, Goncalves, Wallace, Griffiths, Macheda and Benitez, i bossed that league. Winning it with ten games left and unbeaten until the split (where i played all my youngsters in the last 5 games to rest my players for the cup final and Europe)

9. Good guide pal, i was thinking of doing a Scottish club, couldn't decide on a Prem side, as i imagined Rangers and Celtic to be too simple, although the European aspect i agree is a challenge.

I stumbled on Dundee with -25 and took over them instead...

10. I think Juarez should be kept and Forrest sold. Also I just sold Juarez my 3rd season for 15 million. It's good to wait.

GET KIKO at all cost, he does amazing things as a winger

11. I signed Lukaku and Griffiths and played a 4-4-2 formation and just destroyed the scottish competitions. Hooper is quite a good goalscorer and between the aforementioned strikers and samaras they scored around 70 goals.

12. pistolped7's Avatar pistolped7
    Modern Day Legend
    I would've thought a 4-4-2 with Hooper and Stokes up front would've been best, but I don't have 2011. Iwould never play Samaras myself, even if his stats are great. Just couldn't bring myself to. Surely Hooiveld is good as well?

13. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      SPL Champions 2010--18

Cameroon 2012 - 2014

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Powerful Striker
    Honestly pistol, Loovens and Majstorovic [if you haven;t bought Juhász] is better. Hooiveld is more backup really.

14. Looks like a proper neat guide Taida. Will probably use when I decide to start a Celtic game which I usually do on FM.

15. pistolped7's Avatar pistolped7
    Modern Day Legend
    Cool, dissapointed that FM always has Celtic's poor players (ie Loovens, Samaras) as superstarsand the good players (Ki, Hooiveld, Forster) are under-rated. :/

16. what happened to "the only thing i can do is take a free kick, Charlie Mulgrew"? lol. not bad player. maybe because he cant defend you didnt put him on your defenders list!

17. jurez is an ass he wanted to leave within 6 months of the season, manmaged to hold onto him until the end of second season and sold him for 4.4 mill board and fans were dissapointed at me. Then bought mathias jorgenson in first season same thing happened again he wanted to leave and recuntly had to sell him end of third season even though eufa cup. I have a good team but keep losing players to bigger teams. if anyone is starting a new season with celtic buy jay de merit he is a rock. have a feeling i might lukaku this season along with sanogo. Defour will probably be away by start of the season. Any of you guys find it hard to keep your good players.

18. James Forrest turns into a decent player and is still only young. I don't get why you would want to sell him straight away, you can make good money off him if you keep him for another couple of seasons.

19. Quote Originally Posted by jamiemeehan View Post
    James Forrest turns into a decent player and is still only young. I don't get why you would want to sell him straight away, you can make good money off him if you keep him for another couple of seasons.
    I'm biased against him from fm 2010, thought he would become a good player so I played him for 3 seasons and he sucked. Perhaps the reason I don't have any problems with Juarez is because I got rid of Forrest? My team didn't like Maloney either so I got rid of him. Personally, I like Hooiveld better than Loovens. Example: Semi-finals against Liverpool, Hooiveld scores a goal with a header, Loovens screws up 2 times in 5 mins and gave away 2 goals. I find that Hooiveld gets more headers and corner goals.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KLIPPYBO View Post
    what happened to "the only thing i can do is take a free kick, Charlie Mulgrew"? lol. not bad player. maybe because he cant defend you didnt put him on your defenders list!
    Oh man I love Mulgrew's free kicks/corner kicks. It's the only thing he can do.

20. Just a question, I'm going to play celtic, my aim is to sell a few players and get a few young wonderkids to grow with the team. Have you managed to sell any players that Lennon bought this season?
    Really I'm looking to get rid of Murphy and maybe Hooper. Wanting to bring in a few young strikers

Any tips on getting rid of them?

21. Good guide there mate. The only thing i would say is try and sign Jay Demerit (sp) on a free . He is a rock. Other than that would agree with everything you said.

22. Quote Originally Posted by CelticMitch View Post
    Just a question, I'm going to play celtic, my aim is to sell a few players and get a few young wonderkids to grow with the team. Have you managed to sell any players that Lennon bought this season?
    Really I'm looking to get rid of Murphy and maybe Hooper. Wanting to bring in a few young strikers

You can't, I tried every way possible to sell them. They refuse to leave.

23. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      SPL Champions 2010--18

Cameroon 2012 - 2014

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Powerful Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by KLIPPYBO View Post
    what happened to "the only thing i can do is take a free kick, Charlie Mulgrew"? lol. not bad player. maybe because he cant defend you didnt put him on your defenders list!
    Shit, can't believe I forgot him! Nice one. =p

Quote Originally Posted by brido1967 FM 4ever View Post
    jurez is an ass he wanted to leave within 6 months of the season, manmaged to hold onto him until the end of second season and sold him for 4.4 mill board and fans were dissapointed at me. Then bought mathias jorgenson in first season same thing happened again he wanted to leave and recuntly had to sell him end of third season even though eufa cup. I have a good team but keep losing players to bigger teams. if anyone is starting a new season with celtic buy jay de merit he is a rock. have a feeling i might lukaku this season along with sanogo. Defour will probably be away by start of the season. Any of you guys find it hard to keep your good players.
    Yes. Andreas Hinkel is hard to keep hold of if he gets upset. I tried to sell him after a while so I could improve my dressing room atmosphere but no one bought him. Had to terminate his contract, which was a bastard

Quote Originally Posted by CelticMitch View Post
    Just a question, I'm going to play celtic, my aim is to sell a few players and get a few young wonderkids to grow with the team. Have you managed to sell any players that Lennon bought this season?

I wouldn't touch Murphy. He is weirdly good, especially as an inside forward OR as a defensive winger. Hooper ends up getting pissed if you don't play him enough, you can offload him towards the end of the season. If you're looking for good young strikers then I'd keep an eye on Greig Spence in your own youth team, he's a bit like Leigh Griffiths =p.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemeehan View Post
    James Forrest turns into a decent player and is still only young. I don't get why you would want to sell him straight away, you can make good money off him if you keep him for another couple of seasons.
    Arsenal sniff around him and make him pissy tbh. You'll not have a choice. :/

24. This is my Celtic Team starting my third season:

Goalkeepers:

Artur Boruc (Fiorentina)
    Alex Smithies (Huddersfield)
    Mirko Ranieri (Tottenham)

Defenders:

Gabriel Milito (Barcelona)
    Anton Ferdinand ( Sunderland)
    Martin Jiranek (Birmingham)
    Dani Fernandez ( Feyenoord)
    Phillipe Senderos (Fulham)
    Lucas Digne ( on loan from Manchester United)
    Jeffrey Bruma ( on loan from Chelsea)
    Andreas Hinkel
    Emilio Izaguirre

Midfielders:

Royston Drenthe (Real Madrid)
    Marc Albrighton ( Aston Villa)
    Jeffren (Barcelona)
    Kevin McDonald (Burnley)
    Charlie Adam (Blackpool)
    Magnus Eikrem (Manchester United)
    Gai Assulin (Free Transfer)
    Efrain Juarez
    Joe Ledley
    James Forrest
    Shaun Maloney
    Biram Kayal

Forwards:

Didier Drogba (Chelsea)
    Salomon Kalou (Chelsea)
    Ahmed Khalil ( Juventus)
    Romelu Lukaku ( Anderlecht)
    Connor Wickham (Ipswich)
    Ched Evans (Sheffield United)
    Gary Hooper
    Anthony Stokes

Out on Loan:

Lukasz Zaluska
    Paddy McCourt
    Thomas Rogne
    Scott Robinson
    Josh Thompson
    Matty Hughes
    Marko Livaja
    Cheikh Sadibou Gueye

(Majstorovic in Reserves)

25. Nice team think you will win the league by quite a few points.

26. I3east's Avatar I3east
    Modern Day Legend
    May use this guide now

27. Looks like he took advantage of the transfer bug

28. Most them were realesed, Drogba, Milito, Kalou, Boruc
    basically the players from the bigger clubs

29. Selling Juarez and Forrest.... Bad move m8. Am season 2 right now.... av brought in David Ospina GK/Martin GalvanFW And Vadclav Kadlec.... All future 20 million pound players a think. one or two other loan signings and that as well. Still dont see how people are claiming to win european trophys within first 2/3 seasons...... LIES!!!

30. do not sell forrest or juarez

31. Quote Originally Posted by reillo View Post
    Selling Juarez and Forrest.... Bad move m8. Am season 2 right now.... av brought in David Ospina GK/Martin GalvanFW And Vadclav Kadlec.... All future 20 million pound players a think. one or two other loan signings and that as well. Still dont see how people are claiming to win european trophys within first 2/3 seasons...... LIES!!!
    It just takes insane luck first season to get far. After that it becomes much easier and less dependent on luck cause you have a 20+ million transfer budget. I think FM11 is easier than FM10, the Champions League isn't giving me much trouble as before. I'm thinking about restarting as Rangers for more of a challenge and also Rangers seem to have a bigger fanbase (I really want that new stadium named after me). In season 4 right now, I'll post some screenshots of my big matches.

32. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      SPL Champions 2010--18

Cameroon 2012 - 2014

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Powerful Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by reillo View Post
    Selling Juarez and Forrest.... Bad move m8. Am season 2 right now.... av brought in David Ospina GK/Martin GalvanFW And Vadclav Kadlec.... All future 20 million pound players a think. one or two other loan signings and that as well. Still dont see how people are claiming to win european trophys within first 2/3 seasons...... LIES!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonybhoy View Post
    do not sell forrest or juarez
    I just seen these. As I've stated before, Forrest and Juarez were out of my control, they got pissy and they were disrupting the team harmony, I had no choice. Forrest especially, as he was pissy at the start of the first season, which didn't help whatsoever. :/

33. Quote Originally Posted by KLIPPYBO View Post
    He's a free kick God on my save. Scores a goal in about every two or three matches and gets at least an assist from a free kick every game too.
    Shame on OP for missing him out.

It's a great guide, I'm really a big fan of Celtic's side over Rangers because they have more than a couple decent prospects.

34. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      SPL Champions 2010--18

Cameroon 2012 - 2014

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Powerful Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawton10 View Post
    He's a free kick God on my save. Scores a goal in about every two or three matches and gets at least an assist from a free kick every game too.
    Shame on OP for missing him out.

It's a great guide, I'm really a big fan of Celtic's side over Rangers because they have more than a couple decent prospects.
    Shaun Maloney was more of a free kick god than Mulgrew for me haha I did add him in [eventually]

Also, a tip for everyone [this may not be true for everyone's game.] but look at Liverpool's squad at the end of the third season. There may be a certain 32-year old Argentinian [Maxi Rodriguez] who is running out of a contract If you've won the league three in a row, then I suggest you try and get him because, even at his age, he is still a beast.

35. Good Guide
    At the start of my 3rd season just now. Managed to keep a hold of Forrest and Juarez. Both are amazing.
    Won the league twice in a row. League Cup once. Not won the Scottish cup(yet). And won the Europa League in my first season(Alot of luck to get there)

Team is: Amelia
    O'shea Miranda Rogne Alba
    Kayal Juarez(c)
    Forrest Wilshere McGeady
    Pato

Subs: Boruc Izziguire Ledley Maloney Brown Berg Hooper

36. Great Guide
    Im just starting my second season after winning the treble last season and getting to the last 16 of the champs league. Hooper has become my star striker this year 5 games this season 9goals already! He was a big dissapointment last season though,couldnt get in the team because samaras and stokes couldnt stop scoring.

My team is;

GK:Zaluska/Stack(signed from hibs,suprisingly great in europe)
    DL: Mulgrew/misun
    DR:Rogne/towell
    DC:Loovens/Odea
    DC:Hooiveld
    MRtokes/McCourt
    ML:Maloney/Forrest/Graham Carey(reserves-absolute beast against the lesser spl teams,lots of potential)
    DMC:Juarez/Kayal
    AMC:Charlie Adam(free)
    ST:Hooper/Goodwillie(dundee UTD)
    STamaras/Michael Owen(free)

I have also signed Callum elliot from hearts and am now going to focus on building for the future bringing more of my youth players through the ranks.

37. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      SPL Champions 2010--18

Cameroon 2012 - 2014

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Powerful Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by celticrobbie View Post
    Good Guide
    At the start of my 3rd season just now. Managed to keep a hold of Forrest and Juarez. Both are amazing.
    Won the league twice in a row. League Cup once. Not won the Scottish cup(yet). And won the Europa League in my first season(Alot of luck to get there)

Team is: Amelia
    O'shea Miranda Rogne Alba
    Kayal Juarez(c)
    Forrest Wilshere McGeady
    Pato

Subs: Boruc Izziguire Ledley Maloney Brown Berg Hooper
    Pato? Miranda? Wilshere? Jesus, how much money do you have?

38. Quote Originally Posted by taida View Post
    Pato? Miranda? Wilshere? Jesus, how much money do you have?
    Id expect wilshere is on loan but Pato hmmm?

39. Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    Id expect wilshere is on loan but Pato hmmm?
    Pato was on a free transfer. Milan released both him and Pirlo
    Wilshere was transfer listed for £5.25 million.
    Tbh if I read that i'd suspect someone was cheating. I can put up screenshots of Player transfers and the managers at the club when signed if it helps ?

Edit: Screenshots
    Wilshere signed 1/1/2012 Mancini manager from 7/11/11 after wenger went to sevilla 4/11/11
    Pato signed 3/7/12 Allegri manager from the game started
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Celtic Guide-roberto-mancini-history_-achievements-.png   The Celtic Guide-celtic-transfers_-history-.png   The Celtic Guide-celtic-transfers_-history-2.png  

The Celtic Guide-massimiliano-allegri-history_-achievements-.png   The Celtic Guide-ars%C3%A8ne-wenger-history_-achievements-.png  
    Last edited by celticrobbie; 16/01/2011 at 01:58 AM. Reason: screenshots

40. taida's Avatar taidaPremium Member
    • Guides
      The Celtic Guide
      Celtic Save

Celtic 2010 - ???
      SPL Champions 2010--18

Cameroon 2012 - 2014

Uruguay 2015 - 2016

Scotland 2016 - 2017

Powerful Striker
    Tbh if I read that i'd suspect someone was cheating. I can put up screenshots of Player transfers and the managers at the club when signed if it helps ?

Wilshere signed 1/1/2012 Mancini manager from 7/11/11 after wenger went to sevilla 4/11/11
    Well I have to congratulate you man because those are spectacular signings.

41. W4FC B3N's Avatar W4FC B3N
    Modern Day Legend
    I did a season with Celtic and won three trophies, SPL, Scottish Cup and Scottish League cup. My best signing by FAR was Jozy Altidore on a year-long loan, top scorer in the SPL, almost equalling Larrsons record of 35 goals in the league with 34. Got the most goals and the least conceded, beat Rangers 3/4 times. Went unbeaten until 25 games in. Beat Sporting CP and Twente in the EC but unfortunately lost out by 1 point.

Played exactly the same formation, Altidore up front with McCourt/Moloney or Stokes left and right. Ki was superb all season as a defensive midfielder, taking my corners, got the most assists in the league. Then, foolishly, left after getting knocked out of the ECC at the group stages to see if I could get a better offer but ended up at Hartlepool then failed with Hartlepool may start again with Celtic, it was good fun, constantly winning

And to add, Hooiveld was brilliant as well, scored about 20 goals from corners, about 10 MoM.
    Last edited by W4FC B3N; 21/01/2011 at 07:04 PM.

42. Juarez should be ur right back and Forrest should be ur att mid right back up !!

43. Chaz SexingtonPremium Member
    Premium Member

What patch? Because if it's patch 10.1, it's a bug.

44. jamesybhoy
    • Jock Stein’s Roll of Honour:
      European Club Champions: 1967 runners-up: 1970
      World Club runners-up: 1967
      League Winners: Ten times
      Scottish Cup Winners: Eight times
      League Cup Winners: Six times
      "I enjoy being manager here, because I like the people who support us."
    Reserve
    i lost most of my team cause of players going in mood like hooper cause hes no playing but he wasnt playing cause he was inj at the start of the season & my stikers were playing well & scorin goals so i couldnt drop them + players were moaning about the squad disipline so i started to fine them them they started greetin about getting fined fuck it won all but 1 league tittle won all but 1 league cup won the scottish cup 3 times i think knockout stages of both europe & champs league & got to the semi final last season of the champs league beat chelsea on the way but got beat by man u who won it
    i used my tactic & training that another thing even when using the training that comes with fm the players bitch about workload
    Last edited by jamesybhoy; 09/02/2011 at 09:27 PM.

45. I agree with the signings and the tactic but Hooper is more capable a goal scorer upfront he bangs in loads due to his 16 finishing and good composure, but I suppose it's about who you prefer to play. Good guide though, good for people wanting to do an SPL season and don't know much about Glasgow's Green and White.

46. really good guide mate!!

half way through my first season with the mighty hoops, top of the league and second in champ league group after 4 games plenty of time to finish bottom!!!

signings for the start of the season where
    enyeama for 350k
    smithies for 300k
    onyewu for 1.7m
    molina for 1m
    griffiths on loan for 2 seasons and 350 to sign perm.

i play 4-5-1, control, fluid,sort passing, opposition instrautions are close down always for both C/B, all mid fielders and close marking strikers. Then in game change back and forth with attacking, retain possecion and pass to feet.

enyeama and onyewu are constants never drop or rotate them!! only suspensions and injury keeps them out.
    in defence, right back is either hinkle or wilson both solid ( i also have romario coming in january)
    left back again very solid mulgrew and izaguirre mostly mulgrew no replacements yet as both playing well enough. centre backs is onyewu (always) with either majstorovic/ rogne/ hooiveld

defensive mid is mostly kayal as he is the shizzle!! maybe put juarez in every now and then but i see kayal being here for a long time but jaurez prob will leave when he gets fed up!!
    in the 2 centre mid, right side box to box is scott brown has been really good so far and left side is deep lying playmaker its got to be Ki!!! so kayal broon ki and i rotate with ledley in both centre mids and jaurez in any of the 3. got 2 good midfielders coming in in january tom cairney and japerov who will give me really good depth of midfielders for my first team.
    also try and give filip twardzik a game every now and then ment to be a hot prospect.

to attacking mids i play as inside forwards or one as advanced playmakers. i am spoiled for choice here but tend to stick with maloney on the left for most of the games and rotate forrest/derry pele/molina on right,

striker again spoiled for choice with hooper stokes griffiths and samaras. mainly play hoops or stokes with griffiths as cover, i have rick van wolfeswinkel (5m) and possibly kaldec(1m) coming in in january so its going to be hooper stokes RVW kadlec and griffiths and will get rid of sammy even if i dont get kadlec( his agent is being a twat).

as the season goes on i will rest enyeama and onyewu a bit giving smithies and rogne a chance to develope a bit as i think both are going to be celtic players for a good 7-8 years if not more.

best game so far was the first old firm game of the season which we totally dominated with 31 shots to rangers 3 and 59% possession we only won 3-1 but it was great, although i was kicking the table when after 60 mins of constant pressure from us rankers broke and scored with their first shot!!!!!!!
    also just beaten valencia 2-0 at celtic park in champs league and we didnt ever look like getting beat.

MON THE HOOPS!!

47. i'm played with Fc Celtic and my tactic is that GK: vincent enyema DR:Andreas Hinkel and Mark WIlson i'm rotate they DL:Mulgrew DC: Misun,Majstorovic DC: Hooiveld MC:Enzo Maresca he is fantastic at the start of first season he is a free player MC: Efrain Juarez never sold him he is the best MC: Biram Kalay AMRlivier Kapo and Shaun Maloney i'm rotate his AML-paddy mccourt and FC- Jozy Altidore i bought him for villareal for 3.5 M

48. Ride The Walrus's Avatar Ride The WalrusPremium Member
    A pretty cool guy.
    Just to add my thought as I'm now into my third season, won the double in both prior seasons. If you're able to, keep Juarez; he's immense for me, 80 appearances for me, 10 goals, 25 assists and AR=7.30
    Anthony Stokes is useless on the wing, but a pretty good striker. Gary Hooper's a fudging legend, and I got the board to buy me Felipe Caicedo, the goal machine 21 goals in his first season, Paddy McCourt's also epic.

49. Well done mate sounds like your doing very well with Celtic.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/who-s...ason-tips.html

50. Great guide.

Remember if all else fails blame the refs and play the victim card

It's the Celtic way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO