Mats Hummels - Need help with his contract

1. Mats Hummels - Need help with his contract

So I'm in my first season on FM 2011 with Borussia Dortmund and I'm now in January, Mats Hummels' agent wants an improved contract for Hummels and so I went to improve it and I can't..

He wants 73,000 per week when I can only offer up to 67,000 per week, what do I do!? Do I have to sell him or is there a way I can make him stay?

2. You put him as a key player or first team? Are you able to increase your wage budget by going to the board room and adjust the scale?

3. Update: I've managed to have a conversation with Mats and told him that he can expect to get an improved contract in the future, hope it works

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Man v.1 View Post
    You put him as a key player or first team? Are you able to increase your wage budget by going to the board room and adjust the scale?
    I have already adjusted the budget quite a bit, I'll check his role in the team now, thanks

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

He is a key member, so can't do much more really now

4. give his agent a higher fee

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jemstar View Post
    give his agent a higher fee
    I just tried, I can increase it but not confirm the contract because of the wage Mats Hummels wants

6. Lower the wage mate .For eg , he wants 73.000, and you can only offer him 67.000 . Try to offer him that, negotiate !

7. Quote Originally Posted by NunoPeixinho View Post
    Lower the wage mate .For eg , he wants 73.000, and you can only offer him 67.000 . Try to offer him that, negotiate !
    It worked! Thanks. I didn't think about that

8. Say that he must prove himself or he can't have it now.

Oh lol..thats the first thing you do!

9. Iv got same prob except his bloody agent wants 180k per wk wage + 12m loyalty + 7m agent fee !! im city btw.

+ Reply to Thread